ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > League of Legends (LoL)

Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-02-2011   #1 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute
Default I need me a character

So I can buy one char, but I'm not sure which one to go with. I'm leaning towards Irelia or Renekton, but I guess I'll see what you guys have to say.

Caitlyn
Cassiopeia
Galio
Garen
Gragas
Irelia
Jarvan IV
Kog'Maw
Lee Sin
Lux
Malzahar
Maokai
Nidalee
Nocturne
Olaf
Pantheon
Renekton
Shen
Sona
Swain
Trundle
Udyr
Urgot

Post who and why. And yes, I don't have a lot of chars. :|

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-02-2011   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulCabal OnlineChampions OnlineCombat Arms

Uncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to all

Caitlyn

ranged "carry" not the best choice in carries, pretty easy to use but doesnt shines much on teamfights, ashe is better

Cassiopeia

havent tested it but from what i saw its ult is pretty damn good and poison is just... well poison... hurts a lot

Galio

pretty good ult, specially on teamfights, it has an awesome shield who heals u if u take damage (a %), good passive (50% Mdef converted to AP), it has 2 skillshots and pretty decent damage, not the best tank, but definitelly awesome on teamfights, synergys pretty well with amumu, nunu, crank, etc (AOE ult)

Garen

most ppl go tank... idk garen doesnt shine very much, yes its a tank or a dps, and it has the most amazing starting dps with the epic twisting of doom, imo, dont buy it, there are better options

Gragas

pretty good as an off tank, it can take some hits and make harras, its ult is pretty good for teamfights, it can disrupt enemy formation with one hit, also barrels hit AOE so u can make then all take damage

Irelia

from what i've tested from irelia (only tested one build) it is pretty good, ult can get u the kill when they're going away, it has a dash attack and it can deal true damage, though i think the way to go is off tank, seen an irelia who carried whole team as an off tank

Jarvan IV

one of my mains, this character is awesome (tank DPS) it has a dash and a disable, it can slow them and throw them into air, ult is really good if u have good nuker on ur team or ppl that can go in the ult pretty easy
also good last hitter

not the best choice for supporting, it farms really well

Kennen

awesome ult, bad thing is that ur a ninja, that means u can't do a full combo of ur skills, still the ult in teamfights is awesome. good in early game and in late game

Kog'Maw

depends on ur way(AP or AD), still u can make tons of damage, having 750 range with its W and dealing %of enemy health on damage. pretty fun to play, specially when u die and kill with body,

Lee Sin

-nothing to say, its pretty new and i haven't seen anybody to impress me with it

Lux

awesome, in teamfights the double snare and the multiple doubleshield can make the difference, not the best support if not more of an AP thingy, great on early game

Malzahar

ult is awesome, one of the 3 characters who have suppress, dont 1v1 him with a squishy or ull die for sure, it is pretty good at laning and last hitting, its AOE skills are pretty good on teamfights

Maokai

pretty good on early game and if used correctly it can absorb a lot of damage with its ult on teamfights

Nidalee

awesome support killer(can heal up to 1k and deal 1.5k AP dmg as far as i've seen), despite it doesn't has ailments it can 1 combo kill u (human form, then couglar form)

Nocturne

not really much to say... a pubstomper for sure

Olaf

the bro! its awesome, it can jungle and deal tons of damage while taking hits, one of my favorites off tanks(has lifesteal, immune to ailments [ult] and deals true damage)

Pantheon

really good, not my favorite but i know it can deal tons of damage, having a stun, and heatseekers it can deal a lot of damage, also ult is really usefull for either ganking or supporting a lane while X person is B

Renekton

really good, it can take some hits while dealings tons of it, it has a stun, a dash (though its short, but it can be x2) and its Q who heals some life while dealing AOE and extreme damage, also its ult will make u very targetable and feared

Shen

the king of the tanks, it can even jungle and because he's a ninja he doesnt need to worry about mana, it can deal a lot of damage and taunt(dash taunt!) everybody, definitelly the best tank in teamfights and for ganking

Sona

havent played it with its recent changes, when i played it, it was.... qweqweqweqweqwerqweqweqweqwe

Swain

an awesome off tank, awesome at lane and with harassing abilities, it can snare and slow, and its ult will make ur enemy go FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU he healed his whole ****ing health

Trundle

the most annoying slow ever, also usable on teamfights, its ult can make as if one enemy isnt there, it can jungle and it has awesome ganking capabilities, it can also split up their team to either save allies or for ganking purposes (a pilar on jungle is the most annoying thing, consider one of ur allies dead)

Udyr

it can jungle and tank, also it can go off tank and deal a lot of damage, destroys towers pretty good and it has a stun

Urgot

awesome last hitter, it has slow + shield and suppress it can pull out a lot of damage, the type that deals damage in barrages but constantly, not an ASP/AD build if not an ArP + Ad build

it actually depends on what ur looking for or what u already have and u want to try

04-02-2011   #3 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

Just go with renekton.
Really fun and is always good for any team.
my noobie art :>
http://carrotlegs.deviantart.com/

04-02-2011   #4 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Some champs. excluded because I either don't know enough about them, or just don't like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
Caitlyn
Labeled as a carry, but is definitely not the best option for a carry. She has the highest base range in the game and -can- hurt. But if you're looking for a good carry you might as well take Ashe or Yi.

Quote:
Cassiopeia
She can hurt, but is hella hard to use. Then, in my opinion, she has no set-in-stone role on a team since she's a jack-of-all-trades from what I've seen.

Quote:
Irelia
She's a really good bulky-DPS that can towards end-game just shred anything to bits 1v1. She's also a strong jungler due to Hiten Style.

Quote:
An AP-Support-Bulky-Nuke-Thing. As the name I gave her implies, she can do a lot of different roles from support (Q + R heals), to soaking damage (high HP growth combined with her E), to nuking (Q + W + E hurts a lot). Though like Cass, she doesn't do an amazing job at any of those roles.

Quote:
Kennen
Energy champs are some of the best laners in the game because they only need to worry about HP since Energy regens faster. Kennen is a pain in the ass and can just rip teams apart with ease if he's fed. Not to mention he has a stun that comes up very often.

Quote:
Kog'Maw
AD Kog is a tank-wrecker. Q decreases armor and W does %HP damage. Eats tanks alive. AP Kog is hard and mana heavy due to the heavy reliance on his ult for damage.

Quote:
Lee Sin
So new there's not much to say. Banshee's Veil wrecks him badly (blocks 2 abilities as opposed to 1). He needs to be work on, especially since he eats his Energy like crazy.

Quote:
Lux
Goddess of cc, and with solid damage output as well. She has the best range on skills (that I know of) allowing her to avoid damage easily.

Quote:
Malzahar
Malz's 1v1 burst is right up there with that of Annie, Anivia, and Akali. With his full combo he can pretty much demolish most non-tanks. He's actually pretty fun too.

Quote:
Nocturne
Pubstomper. Relies on your opponents being stupid, otherwise he's fairly easy to counter. However, I will not say he's garbage. He has a lot of skill steroids which can make him incredibly strong. Downside, cc is his worse nightmare. /shot

Quote:
Renekton
A mana-less champion. A big plus for the laning phase if you're not a very good mana-manager (like me). He (like Irelia) is also a fairly solid bulky-DPS champ. that can output some serious damage. Between him and Irelia I'd pick him.

Quote:
Shen
King of tanks, along with Rammus. Being an Energy user is again, a major plus. Having a taunt makes him a very deadly tank, not to mention with his ult he has global presence.

Quote:
Sona
Like said earlier, even with the changes it's pretty much still QWEQWEQWEQWE occasional R and occasional auto-attack. Not the greatest support either.

Quote:
Swain
Tanky-mage just like Karma, though less aimed at supporting and more at damaging. Has a really great laning phase especially when you combine his ult that heals him and his passive that regens his mana when he kills something.

Quote:
Udyr
King of the jungle pretty much. If you get him, I'd make sure you're also equipped to jungle him since he lanes -really- badly. Great tanky-DPS as well and can just wreck entire teams and still take minimal damage.

Between only Irelia and Renekton, I'd go Renekton. Going for the entire list, I'd recommend Udyr if you like jungling (and he is bulky just like Renekton as well).

04-03-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Ashee is a jewel in the roughAshee is a jewel in the roughAshee is a jewel in the roughAshee is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Garen -good dps tank with lane control due the recent buff (with bush)
Gragas -good cc tank
Irelia -good solo lane, good jungle, good carry
Jarvan IV -awesome solo lane, good jungle, good tanky dps
Karma -underrated supporter, capable of doing damage while protecting you
Kennen -good ap carry, good teamfight potential
Kog'Maw -awesome glasscannon, get a team which protects you = win-
Lux -awesome cc, lanecontrol, ap carry potential and support
Malzahar -awesome burst mage and farmer, disabler
Nocturne -awesome jungle, solo lane (even so your pushy), offtank assasin
Olaf -awesome jungle, anticarry, anticc, anti...everything just a viking
Renekton -awesome solo lane, good jungle, offtank heavy dps
Shen -good cc tank with mapawareness and protection
Swain -good cc ap carry, good solo lane
Udyr -awesome jungle, offtank, lack of dps in mid-end without dps item
ten chaars

04-03-2011   #6 (permalink)
MakeThingsWork!
Games
League of Legends
Awards Facebook Fan

GodofFaith is just really niceGodofFaith is just really niceGodofFaith is just really niceGodofFaith is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to GodofFaith Send a message via MSN to GodofFaith
IGN: GodofFaith/GodofClerics
Level: 220/280
Guild: Caballa

Just because of this i would say Olaf wanna make me play him

Also some good ones are Renekton Shen Irelia
they all tanky and hit hard

Edit: Also good to know what you like AD/AP/Support/Range

Last edited by GodofFaith; 04-03-2011 at 03:00 AM.

04-03-2011   #7 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Quote:

Jarvan IV - pretty tanky champion, has 3 AoE crowd control abilities and works great with the team to trap and kill squishies without a blink (or anyone that just isn't smart enough to blink).

Kennen - very strong AoE damage and stuns, but if the game lasts too long, he'll probably die way too fast to pull off stuns.

Kog'Maw - AD or AP kog, both kill tanks fast, I find AD kog pretty boring though as it's mainly W and autoattack.
and I don't agree with anyone saying AP kog is mana intensive: with the right build he can sustain his mana in team fights.

Lee Sin - I heard he is UP atm

Lux - great crowd control, great shield, great damage and carrying potential.
She is also very cheap with her long ass ranged skills, though you need to be good with skill shots to play her.

Maokai - he's a pretty supportive tank, he doesn't deal as much damage as tanks like shen or malphite but that ulti really makes a difference in team fights.

Shen - nice 2sec AoE taunt, and his ulti makes for great ganks.

Sona - pretty UP, her heal is really weak and her attack skill only hits hard early game but her ulti works nicely combined with AoE stuns from the team and her speed buff makes running/chasing easier and her new passive is pretty useful too.

Swain - nice tanky mage but he can't survive against heavy burst damage even with his ulti on.
I've excluded champions I either don't like or just don't know enough about.

04-03-2011   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryRunescape
Awards Facebook Fan

skilledspell has disabled reputation
IGN: skilledspellz
Class: Vlad, Noct lt_sorcerer
Level: 30
Xfire: wtf is Xfire?

well idk if your gonna do normal games or ranked but ones in your list the are definatly good imo are:

Olaf:amazing jungler,can jungle easy w/o smite and has some AMAZING ganks, and overall very strong tanky-dps, BROLAFFFF- best skin name in game

kennen: he has a really good AoE game changing ult, and has amazing farmin+harrassing capabilities, and best of all, NO MANA!!! <3 (energy though)

Galio: amazing tank, off-tank and pure AP champ, has a awsome ult, and Riot games said that they noticed galio is really fked up so they gonna be doing constant changes to make him stong again, so he is gonna get buffed (they said that they are gonna increase the size of his ult for sure)

thats pretty much all the champs i sum-what know about/ like, i want irelia but idk anything about her XD

*Pain is inevitable* - *Suffering is optional*
*Where ever there is love, there is pain*
*The world will always have pain*

Last edited by skilledspell; 04-03-2011 at 05:23 AM.

04-03-2011   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Ashee is a jewel in the roughAshee is a jewel in the roughAshee is a jewel in the roughAshee is a jewel in the rough

i dont think you should jungle without smite, ever... why? because if the enemy teams jungler is any skilled, theyll just ward your buffs and smite it off you, same as dragon, same as baron, how to counter that? kill him or make him recall,

04-03-2011   #10 (permalink)
' ^ '
Games
League of LegendsLuniaVindictusDragon Nest

Minuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Minus

Renekton is a terrible Jungler.

04-03-2011   #11 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

amg big wall of text.

I mostly like ranged chars, I suppose. Makes it easier to harass and safer in creep killing. I am messing around with tankier melee champs, though.

04-03-2011   #12 (permalink)
MakeThingsWork!
Games
League of Legends
Awards Facebook Fan

GodofFaith is just really niceGodofFaith is just really niceGodofFaith is just really niceGodofFaith is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to GodofFaith Send a message via MSN to GodofFaith
IGN: GodofFaith/GodofClerics
Level: 220/280
Guild: Caballa

Quote:
amg big wall of text.

I mostly like ranged chars, I suppose. Makes it easier to harass and safer in creep killing. I am messing around with tankier melee champs, though.
Corki comes to mind
R is some bombs
Q is blind
W is like flash with dot
E is armor pen

04-03-2011   #13 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

If you're willing to devote your time to mastering him, an AD Corki can just rip teams alive.

04-04-2011   #14 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuss
Renekton is a terrible Jungler.
He can still do it though. It's around as fast as a shen jungle.....which is like tier 3 in my mind.

But ur team must be pretty evil/terrible to make renekton jungle.
my noobie art :>
http://carrotlegs.deviantart.com/

04-04-2011   #15 (permalink)
' ^ '
Games
League of LegendsLuniaVindictusDragon Nest

Minuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Minus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seim
He can still do it though. It's around as fast as a shen jungle.....which is like tier 3 in my mind.

But ur team must be pretty evil/terrible to make renekton jungle.
Shen jungle is sooooooooooooooooo slow

04-06-2011   #16 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

Some of the descriptions people gave of certain CHAMPIONS (had to point it out) were pretty cute.

04-06-2011   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
ElswordVindictusLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Sephyrr has a spectacular aura aboutSephyrr has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
amg big wall of text.

That's a lot of champions to look at. I can help narrow it down to a few that I really recommend.

If you're really looking for ranged characters with good harass, I'll just narrow it down to 3:

Caitlyn - Good harass and very capable farmer of minions. You REALLY REALLY need that farm. Does decently well in team encounters and effective in small group fights.
Cassiopeia - Poison does considerable amount of damage even if you do not get a twin fang off. But if you do, that's a lot of damage. Fairly tough with good CC ult in team encounters.
Urgot - The missiles autolock poisoned opposing champions. Swap ult is fantastic in both team fights and small group fights.

Experimenting with tankier melee champs? I suggest you keep going with your original leaning towards Irelia/Renekton.

Irelia - Dash/Equilibrium gives you good burst early if you build sheen. Her ult and Hiten replenishes your health fairly fast. Be careful in team fights due to her being more squishy than someone like Renekton.
Renekton - Terrific laning. Does considerably well against many opponents. Good tower diver and very tough.

Thanks Rin! <333