ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > League of Legends (LoL)

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-16-2011   #21 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award

Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -

Only if you have very little map awareness. You are pushing a lane, enemy team is mia, enemy Noct uses ult - RUN (you really shouldn't be pushing a lane when Noct is 6 anyways). The more prepared you are, the weaker he is, hence a pubstomper.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-16-2011   #22 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

I'm not concerned about his jungling/laning phase, his ganks are strong but not overpowered.

What I don't like is what he does during the dragon/baron fights or team pushes.

The blind makes it a bad idea to walk up to the enemy because they can confirm your location before you can and maybe pick someone off/take the dragon because your sight range is so limited. It's worse when they are baiting you and you find out that they came from behind and wiped out your squishies because you didn't see them in time. If they're initiating on you, you won't know what's coming and from what direction. It's like blitzcrank get an easy grab on a carry because they didn't see him with the blind on.

Nocturne's ult makes it so easy for his to pick off targets before anyone can save them, I find that the only part about him that needs to be toned down. It's not fun at all getting initiated on when your sight range is reduced so much too.

Last edited by Noperative; 03-16-2011 at 10:26 PM.

03-16-2011   #23 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games

Nocturne's ult doesn't give sight, only blinds. If you're prepared, it's not a problem.

03-16-2011   #24 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

His ult can also hide backdoors. So evil.

Friend told me that someone tried it on him his first game verse a Nocturne. TF teleport in, Pantheon jump in, Shen ult in and Nocturne to hide it. Unfortunately, they didn't do it well and died.

03-17-2011   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

SoulEdge is on a distinguished road

Nocturne is not going to want to target a Tryndamere in a atk speed fight... Ive already seen this kind of fail. Nocturne ults, jumps in Tryn, gets killed... All the more reason y i shud stop playing ranked games for awhile until ppl get a hang of Nocturne. It's a good idea not to play after a patch, well thats what i do anyways, to keep a good record on games.

Queen one.

03-17-2011   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryRunescape
Awards Facebook Fan

skilledspell has disabled reputation
IGN: skilledspellz
Class: Vlad, Noct lt_sorcerer
Level: 30
Xfire: wtf is Xfire?

most dangerous combo is TF and noc.... best ganking team EVER
noc does ult and blinds vision, and dashes at u, tf uses ult to clear the blind for himself, then teleports in and beats u up
my bro played a game with this combo and man were ppl dieing left and right =/

*Pain is inevitable* - *Suffering is optional*
*Where ever there is love, there is pain*
*The world will always have pain*

03-17-2011   #27 (permalink)
Martyed to evil

Eternal has disabled reputation

There are tons of QQ on the forums about Nocturne...

There were only a little bit when Jarvan IV came out.. and he is a very strong champion...Does this mean Nocturne will be nerfed in due time? Pubstomper only or not, a Champion should not be this strong in solo queue by ruining games for other players.

I remember when Ezreal came out.. I was like the first one to QQ about him on the forums >.>.. Made 3 QQ threads about Ezreal in the first week.. all got downvoted to oblivion with no agreements... Then I mained Ezreal and played him exclusively

P.S.: Yesss, Smite deals true damage

03-17-2011   #28 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games

Well, I see Nocturne as a complete opposite of Ezreal - he's easy to play with a fairly high burden of knowledge, while Ezreal is simply hard to play (relatively).

03-17-2011   #29 (permalink)
Martyed to evil

I feel stupid now >.>...

I should just play Nocturne.. Jungler/melee/easy to play/no hard skill shots = what I play( WW/Udyr/GP x.x)

x.X, why do I suck with carries so much even though I mained shaco/tf/ezreal preseason ;-;

03-17-2011   #30 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Ashee is a jewel in the roughAshee is a jewel in the roughAshee is a jewel in the roughAshee is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal
I feel stupid now >.>...
x.X, why do I suck with carries so much even though I mained shaco/tf/ezreal preseason ;-;
too bad lasthitting?
too bad mapawareness?
too bad teamfights?
too easy focussed?

only things you can do bad, thats a lot so

03-17-2011   #31 (permalink)
Martyed to evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashee
too bad lasthitting?
too bad mapawareness?
too bad teamfights?
too easy focussed?

only things you can do bad, thats a lot so
nah, i am very good at last hitting/laning

its that I don't deal enough dmg, not enough armor pen or something

03-17-2011   #32 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulCabal OnlineChampions OnlineCombat Arms

Uncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal
nah, i am very good at last hitting/laning

its that I don't deal enough dmg, not enough armor pen or something
runes? maybe build or build order
also remember builds are pretty relative, its not like u can carry with only 1 build, it depends on enemy team

regarding nocturne... i havent really encounter godly nocturne, but its the same as jarvan, first jarvans sucked really hard and so they do now(maybe not all of them), i dont think he's op but really annoying while playing in pubs, but not hard to counter if u know what to do, he's squishy and its not very good at teamfights, i mean, there are better assassins

Last edited by Uncharted; 03-17-2011 at 11:35 AM.

03-18-2011   #33 (permalink)
' ^ '
Games
League of LegendsLuniaVindictusDragon Nest

Minuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Minus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncharted
runes? maybe build or build order
also remember builds are pretty relative, its not like u can carry with only 1 build, it depends on enemy team

regarding nocturne... i havent really encounter godly nocturne, but its the same as jarvan, first jarvans sucked really hard and so they do now(maybe not all of them), i dont think he's op but really annoying while playing in pubs, but not hard to counter if u know what to do, he's squishy and its not very good at teamfights, i mean, there are better assassins
I have to disagree. Jarvan has been good from the start. Sure people had to take time to find his ideal build but he has always been good. His Ult is very unique and can dramatically change games. Overall Jarvan was a very well made champion imo does very well at his job, is extremely Tanky and does some nice DPS.

03-18-2011   #34 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen -any- good Nocturnes yet. Most do the same thing that happened when Jarvan was released and fail at using his ult. I played a game where this guy would keep ulting in to a 5v1 battle. Needless to say, he lost every single time.

03-18-2011   #35 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulCabal OnlineChampions OnlineCombat Arms

Uncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuss
I have to disagree. Jarvan has been good from the start. Sure people had to take time to find his ideal build but he has always been good. His Ult is very unique and can dramatically change games. Overall Jarvan was a very well made champion imo does very well at his job, is extremely Tanky and does some nice DPS.
i never said jarvan was bad, i said first ppl using jarvan sucked ass, like cmon i say some ppl using that item that gives spash damage =.=.... play jarvan as a tank dps imo

03-18-2011   #36 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momiji
I haven't seen -any- good Nocturnes yet. Most do the same thing that happened when Jarvan was released and fail at using his ult. I played a game where this guy would keep ulting in to a 5v1 battle. Needless to say, he lost every single time.
I tend to watch some streams when new champs come out (actually I mostly watch streams now lololol) and watched Hotshot bulldoze with Nocturne in his first game. He kept jumping on an Ashe that was alone 1v1 and killing her.

You can probably check it out on Youtube since some guy records the stream games sometimes.

Just FYI.

03-18-2011   #37 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Legend of EddaLeague of LegendsTrickster Online

Linkykins is a splendid one to beholdLinkykins is a splendid one to beholdLinkykins is a splendid one to beholdLinkykins is a splendid one to beholdLinkykins is a splendid one to beholdLinkykins is a splendid one to beholdLinkykins is a splendid one to beholdLinkykins is a splendid one to behold

Really tbh,everything I've seen is fail to him in my propesctive. The jungler nocturne came and died in the day after he was released.
His ult? Just get back a good amount.
His fear/whatever that path thing is? Flash/Ghost/Some other movement speed increasing skill.
His shield? Pretty easy if you dont sit there and fire your ult at him when he has it up

Only thing I really saw trouble some is when hes on his path and when im mundo and fire a cleaver at him. Or when im trying to get him in veigar's stun.

ily snowii for sig

03-18-2011   #38 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkykins
Really tbh,everything I've seen is fail to him in my propesctive. The jungler nocturne came and died in the day after he was released.
His ult? Just get back a good amount.
His fear/whatever that path thing is? Flash/Ghost/Some other movement speed increasing skill.
His shield? Pretty easy if you dont sit there and fire your ult at him when he has it up
I wouldn't go overboard to say he's terribad, but I wouldn't say he's omgsoop.
Depending on when he activates his ult, it can be hard to get out if it's range, especially if he's in place before he ganks.
His fear can stay tethered you easily if he's on his path [which a good Noct. would use before he feared anyways].
And his shield comes on pretty quickly, like Sivir's, so if you're busy spamming skills he can get it off easily without you noticing.

03-18-2011   #39 (permalink)
WTFS_Serendipitouskey
Games
Dragon NestLeague of LegendsLuniaAlliance of Valiant Arms

d4rka2n is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Serendipitouskey
Class: AD, Jungle, Top , lu_sieg
Level: Diamond III
Guild: WTFS

I find Noct's ult handy with Cv, ( laning i go exhaust / cv , jungling its smite + cv ) since cv gives u sight for ur ult to hit ( u need vision on the target before u can pop ur ult on some1 ) other than that from my point of view, hes like a melee version of sivir in a way ( Although his spell shield has a kinda shety double passive for 5 secs...I'd take a 50% spell damage heal instead. )