ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > League of Legends (LoL)

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-02-2011   #21 (permalink)
' ^ '
Games
League of LegendsLuniaVindictusDragon Nest

Minuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Minus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulEdge
Hmmm... The minions are going to be tough to deal with late game. Janna took a huge blow on that nerf. And wtf, ghost reduced duration? Lame... Well at least Ezreal got "some" love, I'm happy with that.
ghost reduced duration was fine... 14 seconds was a LONG TIME.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-02-2011   #22 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy

EDIT: Gtfo Minuss- qq

@SoulEdge~

There's been some speculation and whatnot on the official LoL forums that the change to the minions was too great. They got buffed, which Guinsoo said that buff was in the right direction, but they possibly may have buffed them TOO much. As the game goes on, your towers start to get pushed by minions more. And since minions are tankier, do more damage, and get a Seige Minion every two waves, you spend more time CS farming than pushing/teamfighting.

And yeah. A design engineer stated that they're trying to get all of the supports on Janna's level. Hence, the Karma buffs. There's a "level" for every type of champion, and usually there exists a level at which is the "star level", or the level every champion in that type should be at.

All casters should be at Anivia's or Annie's level.
All tanks should be at Shen's or Malphite's level.
All melee DPS should be at Tryndamere's or Warwick's level.
All tanky DPS should be at Olaf's or Udyr's level.
All ranged DPS should be at Tristana's or Ashe's level.
All supports should be at Janna's level.

Etc, the list goes on.

But, apparently, Riot's way of "bringing X in line with Y" is nerfing X until they're as shitty with Y.

@Minuss~I've personally saw nothing bad about Ghost. First, it was nerfed from 32% to 27%. Now the duration was nerfed from 14 to 10. Really? It's like they want the era of Flash to come back into play.

I'll gladly take Ghost/X over Flash/X. Flash is a horrible spell, it should never have been implemented [unless it was an item active], anyone who uses it is a bad player and should feel bad for using it.

Last edited by Yumidesu; 03-02-2011 at 03:40 PM.

03-02-2011   #23 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

I played AD ezreal today and I still couldn't farm a minion wave with his ulti xD

bonus attack damage was something like 100 :/

03-02-2011   #24 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award

Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -

Flash.

Terrible spell.

You're kidding bro.

03-02-2011   #25 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu

I didn't say Flash ITSELF was a bad spell.

It's a bad idea to PUT Flash into a game like LoL unless it's on an item.

03-02-2011   #26 (permalink)
' ^ '
Games

Minuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumidesu

I'll gladly take Ghost/X over Flash/X. Flash is a horrible spell,
REAL.
REAL
real
real
real

Last edited by Minuss; 03-02-2011 at 05:26 PM.

03-02-2011   #27 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Someone missed my above post~

Edit: The "Ghost/X over Flash/X was referring to the metagame.

Can you honestly tell me fighting a team where they all have Flash is fun or fair? At ALL? It isn't. Which is why I prefer to fight a team of people with Ghost/X than a team of people with Flash/X. I hated the period of time when 3+ people had Flash EVERY, SINGLE game. It was the most annoying, unfair thing in the world. I don't want to shift back into that shit.

03-02-2011   #28 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

I think the new minion change is actually pretty good since it's very nice to just split push against turtling teams and they can't do anything now.

Jarvan:

Terrible in solo queue because bad ultis are very very very bad (like bad Janna ulti bad).

Amazing in premades when you can synergize ulti with other initiations and AOEs.

03-02-2011   #29 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

FAKE
FAKE
fake
fake
fake

03-03-2011   #30 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award

Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -

I mean, your comment:

Quote:
anyone who uses it is a bad player and should feel bad for using it.
implies that either A) Flash is extremely broken or B) Flash sucks, neither of which is true, anymore.

I don't particularly like the minion changes, but it may be for the better as people, like myself, learn to adapt to it.

The most annoying shit is trying to kill Nidalee with Flash + Ghost, without having enough CC, glad that's gon- o wait...

@Nop: Jarvan is a very fun champion and his ult can be canceled by pressing R.

03-03-2011   #31 (permalink)
' ^ '
Games

waiting a bit to play him again until people find his ideal build

03-03-2011   #32 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Quote:
Someone missed my above post~

Edit: The "Ghost/X over Flash/X was referring to the metagame.

Can you honestly tell me fighting a team where they all have Flash is fun or fair? At ALL? It isn't. Which is why I prefer to fight a team of people with Ghost/X than a team of people with Flash/X. I hated the period of time when 3+ people had Flash EVERY, SINGLE game. It was the most annoying, unfair thing in the world. I don't want to shift back into that shit.
That's why you stun/snare?
Even Kassadin/Gragas with flash/ghost can be caught and killed if you just snare/stun and focus them :/

03-03-2011   #33 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't done much playing with Jarvan, his escape is so mehhh.... smartcast ftw!

03-03-2011   #34 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momiji
Haven't done much playing with Jarvan, his escape is so mehhh.... smartcast ftw!
A Demacian does not run...

He even says, "Today is a good day to die".

doin it rong imo

03-03-2011   #35 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulCabal OnlineChampions OnlineCombat Arms

Uncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to all

im using jarvan as a tanker, but i never got to get the last items, because its ult it amazing is combined with some other like trundle or urgot, i've seen some ppl who go with like... phantom dancers and im like o.o ........ and they get owned pretty easily

03-03-2011   #36 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpecial
A) Flash is extremely broken or B) Flash sucks, neither of which is true, anymore.
Blitzcrank: Let me just take a few seconds to mindgame this person, wait for the exact, opportune time to use my Rocket Grab, and then we can kill him.
-20 seconds later-
Blitzcrank lands Rocket Grab.
Blitzcrank's mind: YEAH! I am a really good asset to my team!!

Ryze: *Uses Flash as soon as he's grabbed* LOL U SO BAD SCRUB LRN2PLAY

Yeah, Flash is a perfectly fair spell in every sense of the word. There's ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with Flash. Nope.

/obviousfreakingsarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzor
That's why you stun/snare?
Even Kassadin/Gragas with flash/ghost can be caught and killed if you just snare/stun and focus them :/
Oh, you're funny. Reeeeeal funny.

Okay, any smart Kassadin, provided they're actually trying, is going to run Flash/Cleanse. You're going to have trouble CCing Kassadin if he can Cleanse out of your stuns. If your team has more than one or two stuns, then said smart Kassadin will invest into a Banshee's Veil after Boots/Core Item. Good luck doing pretty much anything to him.

Flash isn't that bad on people that will pretty much escape anyways, like Kassadin and Katarina and whatnot. It's the champions that have no escape without Flash that USE Flash that makes it a real kick in the nuts.

I mean, look at Heimerdinger. He's got no actual escape. He's a walking gold pot, if the Heimer player isn't all that good. But, with Flash, he's allowed to escape any bad situation he gets himself in.

As said many times before: until Flash is made so you can't use it while in combat and 3 seconds afterwards (give or take a second), it won't be a balanced spell. They can increase the cooldown to 9 minutes, like Revive's cooldown. It won't freaking matter. People will still carry this spell because the advantages you get from having this spell is far greater than any other spell there is.

03-03-2011   #37 (permalink)
' ^ '
Games

Quote:
Blitzcrank: Let me just take a few seconds to mindgame this person, wait for the exact, opportune time to use my Rocket Grab, and then we can kill him.
-20 seconds later-
Blitzcrank lands Rocket Grab.
Blitzcrank's mind: YEAH! I am a really good asset to my team!!

Ryze: *Uses Flash as soon as he's grabbed* LOL U SO BAD SCRUB LRN2PLAY

Yeah, Flash is a perfectly fair spell in every sense of the word. There's ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with Flash. Nope.
that is totally fair -_-
who wants to get grabbed 100% of the time and dude flash cd is so long. its 245 seconds blitz pull is what 15 seconds? that is a total of 16 grabs before flash is up again.
that would make blitz the most op champion if you cant get out of grab....

03-03-2011   #38 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuss
that is totally fair -_-
who wants to get grabbed 100% of the time and dude flash cd is so long. its 245 seconds blitz pull is what 15 seconds? that is a total of 16 grabs before flash is up again.
that would make blitz the most op champion if you cant get out of grab....
You missed my point.

Flash lets people that normally don't have ANY escape to HAVE an escape and screw other people over.

Flash can literally win you games.

If you're caught too far out or something and you get ganked, as say... Anivia or something. No real escape. But you can Flash over a wall that takes a few seconds to run around and get back to your base. If you didn't have Flash, you'd be screwed, you'd die, and the enemy team could do an incredibly strong push 4v5. Effect compounds the later the game is.

03-03-2011   #39 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

All your examples are under the assumption that the other team didn't grab flash. It really goes both ways.

03-03-2011   #40 (permalink)
' ^ '
Games

Quote:
You missed my point.

Flash lets people that normally don't have ANY escape to HAVE an escape and screw other people over.

Flash can literally win you games.

If you're caught too far out or something and you get ganked, as say... Anivia or something. No real escape. But you can Flash over a wall that takes a few seconds to run around and get back to your base. If you didn't have Flash, you'd be screwed, you'd die, and the enemy team could do an incredibly strong push 4v5. Effect compounds the later the game is.
your arguments make no sense. yes we all know flash saves you -_- thats why its there. thats why people get it....... and yes. FLASH IS GOOD. thats why people get FLASH. if you get it thats your FAULT.

thats like if 10 people are going to a fight and there is an option of a gun or a water gun.
8/10 people pick the gun and 2/10 pick the water gun and the 2 people who picked the water gun complain.