ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > League of Legends (LoL)

Eudemons Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Eudemons Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
04-13-2010   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsPangyaTrickster Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Nanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Nanayat
Guild: RedEclipse/World's End
Default League of Legends (LoL)

Yeah, I know there was that REALLY old thread before but I didn't feel like necroing it really, but anyways, yeah

Basically, was kinda looking for more people that played LoL, I know HoN is out there as well, I do play both, but really, I started liking LoL Much more.
Anyways, to sum it up, anyone else here play?

EDIT:

Players IGN List
Forum Name - Summoner Name

Nanayat - K18Uu
Amanda - Lucchinii
Xpecial - Xpecial
Faith - SOSBrigade
Ghoststaker - Ghoststaker
HolyAbyssal - HolyAbyssal
Amiez - AmyOverlord
LoLWut - L JustinBieber L,l Raptor Jesus l
Adun - ZergRushkekekeke
Seim - G i n
Noperative - Noperative
ItsRai - Toushin
evilxshadow - ShadowxKiller
JelloTime - JellyTime
Rhois - Rhois
Vaizado - Vaiki
Eternal - Eminescu, Everlasting
Minuss - Minuss
Yuki - Yukinami
d4rka2n - d4rka2n
wok - Zypheros
Akiame - chiongster
buta - boota
Riyoki - Riyoki
Light - KarinMay

Last edited by Nanayat; 08-22-2010 at 10:44 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-13-2010   #2 (permalink)
Italian Lesbian Lolicon
Games
Metal Assault

Amanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really nice
IGN: Lucchinii
Class: Loli;Swordsmith
Level: 12;2x

I play it.
IGN's Lucchinii
Level 28 Summoner atm.

Just tried playing HoN a few mins ago, but everytime it loads the tutorial my computer reboots itself. So I guess I'm not gonna ditch LoL for HoN.

I'm just using easy, "OP" champs right now to get IP for runes.
It's fun being Zilean and carrying your team.

04-13-2010   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Nanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really nice

Ha, I'm only on like, 16 right now, and I don't really feel like theirs... OP Champs? just easier to play ones, and more harsh when fed, oh, and I should edit my ign in my first post <_<

04-13-2010   #4 (permalink)
Italian Lesbian Lolicon
Games
Metal Assault

Amanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really nice

Fiddlesticks:

He can make you run around for a long time.
He can drain your hp fast, and heal himself.
His crows hurt like a *****, and silence you every bounce.
His ultimate is annoying, specially if he fears you right on it so you can't even escape.
He can go into the jungle at level 1, without needing any summoner spells that help with jungling.
Get some survivability, and you're not going down fast, even though you're made out of sticks and hay.

He's being "Nerfed" by increasing the bounce speed of dark wind, which in turn means you will be silenced less. But, that means in a teamfight, the crow will bounce to your other teammates faster, and silence them.

That and he'l be be able to kill you faster since it bounces faster.

Zilean
If an enemy Zilean takes mid lane, you're pretty much screwed unless the Zilean is worse than a new player.
He may only have one damage spell, but it HURTS.
Rewind can let you reset the CD on time bomb, meaning you actually have TWO damage spells.
That other spell that I pay little to no attention to, can increase your speed by a lot, or lower your enemy's, and can be used again real fast because of his rewind.
His ultimate, chronoshift, may have a 100+ sec CD(Which is short,imo), but use rewind a few times and it'l be back up in no time.

If he gets an Archangel Staff, not only will some of his MP be converted into AP, but since he spams spells so much, you can get a large mana pool fast, and easily.

If he gets a Deathfire Grasp, he's got another nuke. A nuke that hurts tanks A LOT.

If he gets a Guardian Angel, you might as well start calling him Time Jesus. Having to kill him THREE times is annoying.

Jax
Apparently he's OP because he has an AoE stun, and he hurts a lot.
Just use casters on him and stop auto attacking him so he can't stun.

Seriously though, Jax isn't OP, it's just people are too stupid to not know how to fight against him.
I just put him up here because people keep saying he's OP on the official forums.

I'l finish with this:
Fiddle is NOT a balanced champ.
Zilean, for a SUPPORT champion, hurts WAY too much, if he's fed, one of his time bombs will take half of your HP, and since he has rewind, you're gonna die.
Jax, lol, Jax.

04-13-2010   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Simple ganks can take out Fiddle and Zilean, just harass and target them as much as you can, if you have an organized team, it USUALLY isn't much of a problem, but if you random and get teammates that don't listen, then yeah, your probably screwed, and Jax... is very strong, yeah, but recently he was nerfed, and I think it was good enough, but overall, I think their some that are... weaker then others? but nobody in my mind is zomgwtfhax.

04-13-2010   #6 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award

Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -

I play.
IGN: Xpecial

04-13-2010   #7 (permalink)
Italian Lesbian Lolicon
Games
Metal Assault

If the Fiddle and Zilean play defensively, chances are your gank will fail and you won't get any exp from it.

Of course, like you said, if your team is organized, you can put them down easily.

I do mostly pubs though, which means chances are my team won't be really organized.

Also, you're right about some champs being weaker than the others.
Every melee DPS are jokes.
Even Jax if you know how to fight against him.

I love playing Yi though.
Taking down a turret with full hp in under 3 secs alone is always fun.

04-13-2010   #8 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games

Fiddle is getting nerfed by more than just increasing the speed of his dark wind, Phreak posted in a thread somewhere about that.

Zilean is squishy, I honestly have no problems with him, but I agree that he is a pain to lane against, but so is Katarina and I don't think anyone will deem her to be op.

04-13-2010   #9 (permalink)
Italian Lesbian Lolicon
Games
Metal Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpecial
Fiddle is getting nerfed by more than just increasing the speed of his dark wind, Phreak posted in a thread somewhere about that.

Zilean is squishy, I honestly have no problems with him, but I agree that he is a pain to lane against, but so is Katarina and I don't think anyone will deem her to be op.
Oh he is? I'l check the forums again soon then.

While Zilean is squishy, you basically have to kill him two times, unless he uses it on a teammate.

His Time Bomb has huge range and it hurts.
You can take Ignite, and buy a Deathfire Grasp for more nukes.

I've never found Katarina to be a pain to lane against.
She's also UP.
It feels stupid having to go tank on a champ that's supposed to be DPS, but that's what you basically have to do with her.

04-13-2010   #10 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games

Nah, Katarina is not suppose to built tank.

She just needs a banshee's veil and some teammates.

If Zilean is using his ult on himself, I am very glad, since that means that their carry will not be reviving. If someone wanted to play a mage, Annie, Anivia, Ryze and friends will do much better.

04-14-2010   #11 (permalink)
Orange
Games
4StoryACE OnlineAdventure Quest WorldsAge of Armor
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Faith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of light

IGN: SOSBrigade

lol

04-14-2010   #12 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

I played before. Lvl 30 Ign: G i n
Annie = so OP ez mode = my main
Fiddle = so OP not as ez mode but better for team fights
Ryze = so OP in scrub games
Alistar = so OP no matter how you look at it
Jax = so OP
Shaco = good ones are OP
Taric = so OP
TF = so OP unless they changed it

Seemingly OP but lose effectiveness = Singed, Zilean, Heimer, Mundo, blitz
underrated = amumu, kayle, nasus, rammus

I only played until they released shen =)
my noobie art :>
http://carrotlegs.deviantart.com/

Last edited by Seim; 04-14-2010 at 10:09 PM.

04-15-2010   #13 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games

Woah, your list is fairly outdated.

There are frequent nerfs (the next one is nerfing Taric's ult, Ryze, Fiddle, while TF and Jax have been nerfed already).

Your underrated list is 100% inaccurate as those are all viable heroes and they haven't been touched for a while.

Your seemingly OP list is just all over the place...

As for your OP list, none are OP except for Fiddle imo. Soraka and Nidalee are pretty OP imo, yet you do not have them on the list.

Not much more to say, as you listed 2/3 of the main AP burst heroes in the game (Annie and Ryze, while Veigar kinda sucks), which leads me to believe that you do not have much experience in AT games.

04-15-2010   #14 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

Soraka and Nid isnt as OP if you get executioner's calling and dont feel nid early. Most bad player just let nid feed and underestimate her tiger+bush passive.

amumu is such a big asset for the team end game even though his base stats are really bad.
Kayle is REALLY good with a good carry. Deathfire works wonders on her too
Nasus =is really good but doesnt scream OP. Depends on the player's build. Really up there.
Rammus would be tied for my second best tank. His taunt and aoe's are just ridiculous. Good chaser + runner too.

And LoL is lol. Burst = win.
Then they'll have to get banshee's veil and ur halfway screwed.
Notice how i didnt mention AP trist even though she's fun to play and how i mentioned blitz (also burst) doesnt do all that much if you know what ur doing.
my noobie art :>
http://carrotlegs.deviantart.com/

Last edited by Seim; 04-15-2010 at 11:50 AM.

04-15-2010   #15 (permalink)
Expired

Hector is on a distinguished road
IGN: No.
Class: No.
Level: No.
Guild: Debaters, [JW]

Too bad this game can never be competitive, considering it's just an EM-DotA.

04-15-2010   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
This, I don't agree on, since I came from playing non-EM DotA/HoN, and I take it as seriously if not more then them. Maybe its with the more possible builds with runes/masteries/abilities, I change them depending on the hero/champ I use and I like that, maybe it's just me anyways, but to me, I find it more serious/competitive as DotA/HoN.

04-15-2010   #17 (permalink)
Expired

Hector is on a distinguished road
IGN: No.
Class: No.
Level: No.
Guild: Debaters, [JW]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanayat
This, I don't agree on, since I came from playing non-EM DotA/HoN, and I take it as seriously if not more then them. Maybe its with the more possible builds with runes/masteries/abilities, I change them depending on the hero/champ I use and I like that, maybe it's just me anyways, but to me, I find it more serious/competitive as DotA/HoN.
Were you playing 1300 PSR games? (HoN) ._.

04-15-2010   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

I'm like at 1600+ PSR or something, last I remember anyways

04-15-2010   #19 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
You're kind of right. People who spend time and money on this game will have advantages while in HoN it's pure skill. The lack of denies in this game has me dumbfounded. That's probably the only anti-dota close I see in this game. I also don't like the animation it looks too...childish compared to HoN.

Also get out of noob servers or play real ladder games if you want "competition" because PSR is nothing in HoN. Hell I have higher kd then 1650+ PSR people.

04-15-2010   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henreh
You're kind of right. People who spend time and money on this game will have advantages while in HoN it's pure skill. The lack of denies in this game has me dumbfounded. That's probably the only anti-dota close I see in this game. I also don't like the animation it looks too...childish compared to HoN.

Also get out of noob servers or play real ladder games if you want "competition" because PSR is nothing in HoN. Hell I have higher kd then 1650+ PSR people.
Not entirely true, all the people that spend cash on the game are champions/skins, which hardly effect the outcome to much (well, champions do, but they can be bought without cash), and yeah, there is a lack of denying, that took me adjusting to, but also, hero/champ line-ups greatly effect the outcome of the game, and in HoN/DotA you can see who your opponents chose, turning it to a counterfest at times, also don't forget there's the rune book to help out your champion, to help get past your weak points, or go for the kill, compared to HoN/DotA where its oh, Imma be just like that other guy, anyways, to sum it up, spending cash doesn't help you really at all in LoL, at most you get exp boosts, but that just puts you in higher matched play faster, which if you do spend cash for, you most likely won't be ready for. Also, this is all what I think anyways, feel free to flame me all you want =x

Small Edit: I do agree the animation style is more... cartoonish? and thats probably the only thing I take less seriously then HoN