ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > League of Legends (LoL)

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-27-2013   #1 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Krem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Krem
IGN: Kremet
Class: Seleana lt_sorcerer
Level: 70
Guild: KuroNeko
Xfire: riolu
Default The reworked trinity force.

I tried it on ezreal today and it felt a lot stronger.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-27-2013   #2 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Because the Sheen proc component got buffed from 150% to 200%, that's pretty huge.

I wouldn't be surprised if people started building it again, it's really good now.

08-27-2013   #3 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Krem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Krem
IGN: Kremet
Class: Seleana lt_sorcerer
Level: 70
Guild: KuroNeko
Xfire: riolu

The new phage passive also improved ezreals quality of life (and it looks pretty on frosted ezreal).

08-27-2013   #4 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future

Tried it on Ez, still prefer Iceborn Gauntlet. It's much easier for sticking to a target with an AoE slow than a 2 sec movement speed buff (unless you're in melee range using Q/auto attack range obviously).

08-27-2013   #5 (permalink)
Joy
LDR
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends

Joy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Joy
IGN: Joycelin
Level: Silver♥

Worth it for Irelia's too?

08-27-2013   #6 (permalink)
<3 you Shane :3

Vixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Vicksy
Class: Katarina to_cat
Level: Diamond

Elder Lizard/Trinity/BT Lucian - RIP enemy team

08-27-2013   #7 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Trinity is something I always used on Irelia, after hearing that the speed buff is applied even if you're hitting a simple minion my opinion had changed.

Boots continue to seem worthless as changes are made, outside of the boots2 passive and minor speed buff there's no reason to get them until a lot later in the game, especially if you're now a phage user.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

08-27-2013   #8 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Trinity is something I always used on Irelia, after hearing that the speed buff is applied even if you're hitting a simple minion my opinion had changed.

Boots continue to seem worthless as changes are made, outside of the boots2 passive and minor speed buff there's no reason to get them until a lot later in the game, especially if you're now a phage user.
Phage gives you 20 move speed for 2 sec, on hit.
Boots give you 25 movement speed permanently.

Idk what you're on.

08-27-2013   #9 (permalink)
<3 you Shane :3

Vixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Vicksy
Class: Katarina to_cat
Level: Diamond

Also 325 gold vs 1250 gold. o.o

08-27-2013   #10 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzor
Phage gives you 20 move speed for 2 sec, on hit.
Boots give you 25 movement speed permanently.

Idk what you're on.
During the lane phase it's all you'd need, if you're ranged you can kite to your tower should a potential gank occur or chase down a fleeing enemy even if they have boots.

The only time it seems worthwhile to get boots is if your enemy is more mobile than you (or has phage & boots already), or when your lane phase has ended and you intend to gank other lanes.
I'd much rather put the gold towards earlier damage over a little speed if it's viable to do so and the new phage makes it easier to do both.

08-27-2013   #11 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Quote:
During the lane phase it's all you'd need, if you're ranged you can kite to your tower should a potential gank occur or chase down a fleeing enemy even if they have boots.

The only time it seems worthwhile to get boots is if your enemy is more mobile than you (or has phage & boots already), or when your lane phase has ended and you intend to gank other lanes.
I'd much rather put the gold towards earlier damage over a little speed if it's viable to do so and the new phage makes it easier to do both.
What about skill shots? You can't dodge it if you're in the middle of auto attacking for your movement speed.

and what Vixen said.

Yeah, it's fine to buy Phage before boots, but I'm under the impression that you're saying boots aren't needed at all until late game (since you said "a lot later in the game") which really isn't true unless you're someone like Trynd with a million escapes.

08-27-2013   #12 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy
Worth it for Irelia's too?
of course
trinity force was always worth it on irelia anyways

08-27-2013   #13 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

Quote:
Yeah, it's fine to buy Phage before boots, but I'm under the impression that you're saying boots aren't needed at all until late game (since you said "a lot later in the game") which really isn't true unless you're someone like Trynd with a million escapes.
It would depend on our definitions of late game, typically in Season 2 I'd try to get boots around the 7~10 minute mark depending on farm (or straight away), the 45 movement speed was quite important.

With Season 3 my teammates and I can delay this until around the 15~25 minute mark depending on the above circumstances and composition/aggression of the lane, with Phage I'll still maintain that time frame but feel more comfortable about it. Because movement speed is only improved by 25 it makes little difference having them, dodging skill shots will always require good reaction time over a tiny speed boost.

08-28-2013   #14 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Quote:
It would depend on our definitions of late game, typically in Season 2 I'd try to get boots around the 7~10 minute mark depending on farm (or straight away), the 45 movement speed was quite important.

With Season 3 my teammates and I can delay this until around the 15~25 minute mark depending on the above circumstances and composition/aggression of the lane, with Phage I'll still maintain that time frame but feel more comfortable about it. Because movement speed is only improved by 25 it makes little difference having them, dodging skill shots will always require good reaction time over a tiny speed boost.
15 mins is ok, 25 mins seems a bit extreme but yes, it's all dependent on the situation of the game.

08-28-2013   #15 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
15 mins is ok, 25 mins seems a bit extreme but yes, it's all dependent on the situation of the game.
I usually go 17-28 minutes before I buy basic boots
Spoiler!

08-28-2013   #16 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metty
I usually go 17-28 minutes before I buy basic boots
Spoiler!
It's fine to go no boots as supports for a long time, since your main job is to protect the AD carry and you boots aren't needed for that at all.

Unless you're Taric.

08-28-2013   #17 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
It's fine to go no boots as supports for a long time, since your main job is to protect the AD carry and you boots aren't needed for that at all.

Unless you're Taric.
Aye I know. It's a bit of a joke with me and some friends.
"Metty why don't you have even basic boots yet? It's been 30 minutes."
"Not fed enough, I'm only 3/2/15 and wards aren't cheap."

I buy like 5-8 wards at a time and light up the entire map and use RSS for objective warding.

Last edited by Metty; 08-28-2013 at 03:58 AM.

08-28-2013   #18 (permalink)
Joy
LDR
Games

Joy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veloze
of course
trinity force was always worth it on irelia anyways
Only asking because at one time TF got so expensive someone told me it wasn't worth anymore.

08-28-2013   #19 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metty
Aye I know. It's a bit of a joke with me and some friends.
"Metty why don't you have even basic boots yet? It's been 30 minutes."
"Not fed enough, I'm only 3/2/15 and wards aren't cheap."

I buy like 5-8 wards at a time and light up the entire map and use RSS for objective warding.
Stop doing your job Metty and buy some ragged old boots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy
Only asking because at one time TF got so expensive someone told me it wasn't worth anymore.
Last I saw trinity dropped down in price, but 3 items made into 1 and even stronger than before was easily worth the asking price regardless.

08-28-2013   #20 (permalink)
Joy
LDR
Games

Quote:
Stop doing your job Metty and buy some ragged old boots!

Last I saw trinity dropped down in price, but 3 items made into 1 and even stronger than before was easily worth the asking price regardless.
I meant before it dropped in price because I haven't played Irelia in ages.