ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > League of Legends (LoL)

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-03-2013   #1 (permalink)
Mega
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Donges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Dezel
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma
Default Diana or Syndra?

Finally got 6300 ip again that I can spend.

I'm starting to try to do ranked again (god there are still trolls everywhere...) and need a new champ that I can fill another position with since everyone seems to want to support anymore...

I have Orianna for mid right now, but was thinking about Diana or Syndra. I know Diana got nerfed lately, so I'm wondering if Syndra would be the better / safer choice (plus she's getting another buff soon).

Of course Diana can jungle....and the only people I have for the jungle right now are Nocturne and Vi (and I'm still learning how to jungle lol).

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-03-2013   #2 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

If you enjoy playing a back line AP carry, go for Syndra.
If you can handle being in the middle of 5 people, go for Diana.

Diana is also ridiculously easy to play whereas Syndra takes a bit of time getting used to.

They're both getting buffs in the next patch, though I'm sure you know that

01-03-2013   #3 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Diana's definitely more friendly to play with, you'll get really lost with Syndra especially in teamfights.

01-03-2013   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Awards Facebook Fan

WozzleFozzle has a spectacular aura aboutWozzleFozzle has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Knize
Guild: The Macs ofc

Diana is so much more easier but Syndra if you were to learn how she works and her play-style you'd dominate and win, and since Syndra is getting more buffs in the next patch I'd recommend you getting Syndra and learn her so you can carry dem noobs all day eryday AWWWW YEAAHH

01-03-2013   #5 (permalink)
<3 you Shane :3

Vixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Vicksy
Class: Katarina to_cat
Level: Diamond

I feel like too many people play Diana, I always like to go for the one that isn't played as much, and I think Syndra is more fun but she needs getting used to, after you learn how to use her ulti properly you can do amazing damage with her and you can burst someone down easily at level 6.. what I like to do is look in the enemy jungle with wards up, if they're taking blue/red early in the game I like to throw the monster on the other side of the wall so it makes it reset to troll har har

01-03-2013   #6 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Play Diana.
Get Syndra later when you're ready for commitment.

01-03-2013   #7 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
IGN: Kremet
Class: Seleana lt_sorcerer
Level: 70
Guild: KuroNeko
Xfire: riolu

Play Diana if you want the offspring of fizz and ahri.

Play Syndra if you want something completely new.

01-03-2013   #8 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riolu
offspring of fizz and ahri.
But not at all.

01-03-2013   #9 (permalink)
Mega
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Donges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Dezel
Class: Support lt_mage
Guild: Prisma

It's just with Diana I don't know how to go about getting last hits when your up against ranged mages. Tips please?

01-03-2013   #10 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
IGN: Kremet
Class: Seleana lt_sorcerer
Level: 70
Guild: KuroNeko
Xfire: riolu

Spam Q + W, try to hit the enemy with her Q when you land it, her passive also helps a lot too.

01-03-2013   #11 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega
It's just with Diana I don't know how to go about getting last hits when your up against ranged mages. Tips please?
Play safe before 6, auto attack the creeps you can safely reach, use Q for the ones you can't. Use your W to negate all the harass in the world (and run towards creeps to explode it for the 2nd shield if you can).

When you're level 6, land 1 Q then faceroll the enemy mid laner to death (though I haven't played Diana since before she got that massive 200 range nerf on her R so I don't know how easy/hard it is now lolz).

If you're finding it really hard you can always try roaming and your income will come from kills.

01-03-2013   #12 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

This applies to just about every melee champion, but if you're going mid Diana against AP, make sure you got flat MR blues and the free armor and/or MR from the masteries (MR for early game spammy mages, armor for the ones that can autoattack you).
Your biggest minion target should always be siege minions > melee minions > caster minions. Siege gives the most amount of gold if you successfully kill one and melee minions are easiest to kill. You can give up caster minions for free, just make sure you stand close enough to take the EXP.

01-07-2013   #13 (permalink)
Joy
LDR
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends

Joy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Joy
IGN: Joycelin
Level: Silver♥

I heard Diana was nerfed heavily recently. If you want something new try Syndra; few are good at her but the ones that are own.

01-07-2013   #14 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
I heard Diana was nerfed heavily recently. If you want something new try Syndra; few are good at her but the ones that are own.
Diana's gonna be unnerfed next patch so that doesn't really matter now. She's still a pretty decent champ.

01-07-2013   #15 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

She's still pretty damn strong right now, I don't know what the **** people are going on about with Diana.

01-08-2013   #16 (permalink)
<3 you Shane :3

Vixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Vicksy
Class: Katarina to_cat
Level: Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
If you want something new try Syndra; few are good at her but the ones that are own.

01-08-2013   #17 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen
The video name should be:
The only way to kill with Syndra.

01-08-2013   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

SuicideMind is a name known to allSuicideMind is a name known to allSuicideMind is a name known to allSuicideMind is a name known to allSuicideMind is a name known to allSuicideMind is a name known to all
IGN: LastTouch/Draven
Class: Draven to_bard
Level: Draven
Guild: Draven

Diana and Syndra have a similar play style when it comes to laning phase, in my opinion. Both have fairly low kill potential, alone, pre six. However, when it comes to team fights, Syndra should position more like an ADC where she is in the back trying doing her maximum damage while Diana is more of a dive assassin. Both Syndra and Diana have extremely high kill potential after six, assuming that their ultimates are up. Over all, Syndra requires a higher skill cap than Diana. But this is just my opinion :<