ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   League of Legends (LoL) (http://ggftw.com/forum/league-legends-lol/)
-   -   A Few Questions (http://ggftw.com/forum/league-legends-lol/119286-few-questions.html)

Revolution 12-06-2012 06:50 PM

A Few Questions
 
Ok, so I'm a bit new to LoL, and I have a few questions.
1. How do you decrease ping and stop the lag during the game?
2. Is there a fast way to get IP? Or whats the best way?
Also, I kind of have a technical problem. When the game is about to start(just before where it says xxx vs xxx), it minimises, and its about to go to full screen, but it doesn't. Usually it just pops up in full screen and starts loading. Also, when I try re-opening it, it says that "another instance of this program is already running". But I don't really see anything on the taskbar. Any way to fix this? When I tried playing player vs bot, it worked fine.

Krem 12-06-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revolution (Post 1788824)
Ok, so I'm a bit new to LoL, and I have a few questions.
1. How do you decrease ping and stop the lag during the game?
2. Is there a fast way to get IP? Or whats the best way?
Also, I kind of have a technical problem. When the game is about to start(just before where it says xxx vs xxx), it minimises, and its about to go to full screen, but it doesn't. Usually it just pops up in full screen and starts loading. Also, when I try re-opening it, it says that "another instance of this program is already running". But I don't really see anything on the taskbar. Any way to fix this? When I tried playing player vs bot, it worked fine.

1. Ping is determined by your PC and the distance between it and the game server, every online game has it but some MMOs are more sensitive to it.

Think of ping like the time it takes for your pc to send your clicks and commands to the server and back. You can try to check your ping on pingtest.net to see how it usually is, add another ~20 ping to the value you're given so it's more close to your in-game values.

2. Best way to gain IP is explained here:



Technical Issue:

Open the launcher, click on the gear on the top right and select repair game, be careful that it will take a while.

The "Another instance of the game is running" is what everyone gets who closes the game and tries to reopen the launcher, just press Yes/Ok.

Revolution 12-06-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riolu (Post 1788854)
1. Ping is determined by your PC and the distance between it and the game server, every online game has it but some MMOs are more sensitive to it.

Think of ping like the time it takes for your pc to send your clicks and commands to the server and back. You can try to check your ping on pingtest.net to see how it usually is, add another ~20 ping to the value you're given so it's more close to your in-game values.

2. Best way to gain IP is explained here:



Technical Issue:

Open the launcher, click on the gear on the top right and select repair game, be careful that it will take a while.

The "Another instance of the game is running" is what everyone gets who closes the game and tries to reopen the launcher, just press Yes/Ok.

+Rep!
Thanks!
But about the technical issue thing, when I press ok and log back on, I have to reconnect, and I think I got suspended for one day because of that.

Krem 12-07-2012 12:39 PM

Write a ticket here and explain your situation, their support is one of the most dedicated teams in free games.

Revolution 12-07-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riolu (Post 1789026)
Write a ticket here and explain your situation, their support is one of the most dedicated teams in free games.

sent one :py45:

Joy 12-13-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revolution (Post 1789038)
sent one :py45:

So how're you liking Leagues so far and who're your mains? 8D

Revolution 12-18-2012 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belle (Post 1790418)
So how're you liking Leagues so far and who're your mains? 8D

I'm finding it really fun right now :)
And my mains are probably Master Yi and Cho Gath (although I don't play him much)
I wanna get Zed though :py27:

Joy 12-18-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revolution (Post 1791767)
I'm finding it really fun right now :)
And my mains are probably Master Yi and Cho Gath (although I don't play him much)
I wanna get Zed though :py27:

Oh Yi is definitely fun. 8D
Which kind of Yi do you play? AP or AD. AP it's really fun if you know what you're doing. :3

CountBlood 12-18-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belle (Post 1791855)
Oh Yi is definitely fun. 8D
Which kind of Yi do you play? AP or AD. AP it's really fun if you know what you're doing. :3

And he got buffed.

Revolution 12-23-2012 02:08 PM

??
@Belle: I kind of play 3 types, AP, AD, and hybrid AP/AD.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.