Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Coast, US
Buffs/Fixes for Syndra and Elo Boosting Punishments handed out
Surrender at 20: Buffs/Fixes for Syndra and Elo Boosting Punishments handed out
What better way to start off a Friday morning than with a healthy dose of red posts?
Continue reading for two long red posts - one regarding Riot's plans to buff Syndra and the other concerns the punishments for "Elo boosting".
Remember those upcoming Syndra buffs/fixes Meddler mentioned the other day? Well, he's back and this time he's come prepared with a comprehensive list of what Riot is plans improve, fix, or buff on Syndra.
Just wanted to let you know about some useability/quality of life changes we're currently testing for Syndra and also gather some feedback to see if there's anything else we might have missed that would it would be appropriate to bundle with them. We didn't get Syndra's state quite right on launch, both in terms of simple power and in terms of spell timings, which in retrospect left her abilities both harder to use/more delayed than was appropriate and light on the actual pay off when executed correctly. In the last balance patch we buffed the damage, range and/or mana cost on her skills so now we're looking at tweaking the performance on her abilities themselves (this sort of stuff takes longer to do, hence the changes being split into two patches).
The key changes we're currently testing are:
1. Making her Force of Will more responsive by increasing the speed at which Syndra pulls Dark Spheres/Minions to her to throw and by removing the spell slot cooldown imposed during the grab (instead replacing it with a check that allows the throw to occur as soon as the Sphere/Minion's been pulled to her though not before).
2. Improving the timing on the Sphere hit detection from Scatter the Weak to allow more natural Q followed immediately by E plays. This can currently be done but can be a bit unreliable at moderate Q ranges from Syndra where intuitively you'd expect the combo to work.
3. Fixing the cooldown check on the ultimate so that it doesn't go on cooldown without casting, whether because the target died mid animation or because spellshields are being checked for at start of cast, not at point of missile impact.
4. We're testing a small range increase on her ultimate. This is something we're really cautious about, given the ult's damage can be very high
and higher ranges tested during development were extremely powerful. Given other aspects of her kit were somewhat different then however there's value in rechecking a longer range again to see if the previous problems observed still hold true or not.
In addition we've also got a number of bug fixes in the works that should also improve Syndra's play experience, in particular a case where enemies hit by both Scatter the Weak and a knocked back Dark Sphere sometimes only getting knocked back, rather than knocked back and stunned as intended.
As usual since these are changes in testing they're not set in stone and release timing's not confirmed yet, though we should be talking sooner rather than later."
Earlier, Yegg posted an announcement regarding a number of you have been very vocal about - Elo boosting. Elo boosting is when someone pays a more skilled player to log on their account and win ranked games to artficially increase their Elo, usually in an attempt to earn additional end of season rewards. Riot has taken action, issuing bans for several accounts ( both seller and buyer ) and even went so far as to publicly list several names of banned Elo boosters.
"We recently announced the Season 2 ranked rewards, and since then we’ve seen occurrences of highly skilled players logging into the accounts of other players and dominating games in order to qualify that account for additional rewards. Some streamers have even been openly advertising these services and engaging in this in front of thousands of viewers. This is unacceptable. We strongly believe that ranked rewards should be fairly earned by the recipients.
Today we’ve issued the following punishments:
- Two week suspensions for the accounts of a few streamers that we’ve confirmed were engaging in this behavior: robertxlee, Only Jaximus, yangfushang, and dye44.
- Seven day suspensions for the accounts that received Elo boosts from these players. These accounts have lost all eligibility for Season 2 rewards and have had their ranked Elo reset to an appropriate level.
We’re also in the midst of an analysis that will identify other players who have clearly participated in Elo boosting over the past several months. Once the list is finalized we’ll be taking similar action against those accounts.
The integrity of ranked play is extremely important to us, and to that end we will continue monitoring for these behaviors going forward. Permanent bans will be issued to players who are found engaging in Elo boosting in the future.
For the vast majority of players who have competed fairly throughout Season 2, you have nothing to worry about. There are twelve days left to earn rewards before the season end date of October 23. Good luck and have fun!"