ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > League of Legends (LoL)

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-12-2012   #21 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

Zyra is hugely dependent on her W placement, like Orianna. If you mess it up/place them badly then you're losing out on a large amount of damage. I personally think she's one of the hardest champions, if not the hardest. The range on her ultimate is huge, and the steroid it gives for your plants is amazing.

She's interesting to play, I'm hoping the majority of people find her to difficult to pubstomp with and dislike her so she's underplayed. n.n

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-12-2012   #22 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Evelynn changes are awesomeeee

Mana regen while stealthed, a free cleanse + movement speed boost, attack speed boost (120% at max E lmao) Long range hate spike is pretty cool too. Ultimate will take a little getting used to, but the shield is helpful~

07-13-2012   #23 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhois
Zyra is hugely dependent on her W placement, like Orianna. If you mess it up/place them badly then you're losing out on a large amount of damage. I personally think she's one of the hardest champions, if not the hardest. The range on her ultimate is huge, and the steroid it gives for your plants is amazing.

She's interesting to play, I'm hoping the majority of people find her to difficult to pubstomp with and dislike her so she's underplayed. n.n
Shame that she has zero synergy with her passive. ;o;

07-23-2012   #24 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games
Cosmic BreakGrand ChaseMapleStoryMabinogi

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Marzai
IGN: -points at name-
Guild: None

Never said anything about revealing the champion when the seeds are stepped on. That may be useful. She's definitely good in mid, if the enemy has a jungler. Still, her passive counts on champs to run in a straight line...which will probably never be the case.

Finally seeing some gameplay on her restores some interest though.

Pinkie Pool's archnemesis: Oatmeal.

Last edited by Marzai; 07-23-2012 at 07:51 PM.

07-23-2012   #25 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Still hate her passive. She does seem extremely lackluster in every category, seemingly lacking burst, her source of DPS being very vulnerable, except for CC. Wouldn't use her as a team's primary source of magic damage, maybe top lane utility AP.

07-23-2012   #26 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Only deals incredibly damage, not good. And why they hadn't changed her passive is beyond me.

07-24-2012   #27 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

I love how in the spotlight all Phreak is doing is either dying or picking off low HP targets.

07-24-2012   #28 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

That's not always Phreak. Observational skills.

07-24-2012   #29 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future

My bad, Jatt is only dying and picking off low HP targets.
Stronk spotlight

07-24-2012   #30 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Krem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Krem
IGN: Kremet
Class: Seleana lt_sorcerer
Level: 70
Guild: KuroNeko
Xfire: riolu

Personally i love how Phreak portrays Zyra as a counter to Morgana and can't wait to play this new op champ.

/sarcasm

07-24-2012   #31 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute

Seems they've changed her a little bit from the test server.

At least now her W actually does something besides store/plant seeds~

07-24-2012   #32 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

I personally like Zyra now that I see her, it's the type of play style I'd enjoy and I can see how she can play the role of a Morgana counter. Certainly, her W can be quite the use as well, taking similar to function to wards and Teemo mushrooms.

/ / / Playing:Tree of Savior

07-24-2012   #33 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games

I just wish the seeds would last as long as Teemo's shrooms....

30 seconds isn't all that long =/

07-24-2012   #34 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Krem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Krem
IGN: Kremet
Class: Seleana lt_sorcerer
Level: 70
Guild: KuroNeko
Xfire: riolu

2/3 hits to clear the plant sucks too.

07-24-2012   #35 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

Zyra's damage isn't that weak, just that a sizeable portion of your damage is dependent on growing your seeds with Q/E. I'd also like to point out that her ultimate damage is applied almost instantly in that AoE, just the edges taking a little longer, not to mention the 50% aspd boost on your plants. She's also excellent at the large objectives; Dragon and Baron. You can even solo baron with four seeds + ulti, though you obviously need to be quite farmed/fed.

The passive is something I also feel fits very un-synergistically (brbmakingupnewwords) with her skill set, but you grow used to it. In early lane fights, it is a powerful finisher, and I've seen people completely forget about it. One Zyra got a triple kill just from her passive because people forgot about it and grouped up for a Janna ulti.

I didn't find her as bad as some of you, I think, believe. She has strong upfront burst with Q+E into two seeds, pushing with Q+W/E and eats creep waves for breakfast. Not to mention that her ultimate remains a potent force through-out the entire game. Gangplank sized AoE nuke with knock-up? Yes please.

I'm interested to see what people will think. I'm selfishly hoping that she won't be popular so I can play her. :3

07-24-2012   #36 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games

Yeah they didn't mention it, but they can only take 1 turret shot as well lol...

Weak plants are weak

07-24-2012   #37 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

I just hope the plants make up for her crappy ratios.

07-24-2012   #38 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Alright, first impression after one bot game. Might not be final or word of god or some shit like that.

She's great at pushing. Very fun to play with her plants.

HOWEVER, her root skillshot is extremely thin, very difficult to root someone and get seeds grown into vines.
Seeds, I wish were not auto-smartcast. Just a thing.

Her burst is decent. Although her ratios seem low, her seeds are supplementary damage that makes her a bit stronger than expected. Assuming a normal combo, there's her root for +0.6, a seed growth with it is +0.24, then a Q into another seed is +0.6 and +0.36, meaning about +1.2 total ratio on initial plant hit and basic abilities alone. Then her ultimate is +0.7 and VERY easy to land.

Her plants dies if you sneeze on them. She could potentially suffer from Heimer Turret Syndrome, jungler simply needs to smite one of her plants and her damage output in a teamfight could be lowered a decent amount if not drastic. Stray AoE would probably knock them out easily as well.

And the main course...
I absolutely ****ing hate her passive. There's not enough words to describe my disgust at how dumb it is. Just going to leave it at that.

07-24-2012   #39 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
She could potentially suffer from Heimer Turret Syndrome
She already suffers from Heimer-syndrome by virtue of being reliant on a turret mechanism to deal a considerable amount of her damage.

07-25-2012   #40 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulCabal OnlineChampions OnlineCombat Arms

Uncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to all

pretty sure zyra's turret's act like wards, having 3 points in life but needing 3 autos to kill them?
anywho, zyra+kennen+ nocturne = devastating teamfight capabilities