ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > League of Legends (LoL)

Prius Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-27-2012   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulCabal OnlineChampions OnlineCombat Arms

Uncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesie
>Plenty games I've played actually give compensation when things go wrong. Riot is not this beacon of light.

>Player service? I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I'm going to go off of "listens to their playerbase." They hold an ear up to what the player-base is saying, but at the same time, they don't execute everything.

>Doesn't sell money for power? This game isn't the type of game where you can buy a win anyways. However, since you can buy XP (lolzzzz) and IP boosts, the argument that you can in fact buy some power can be made.

Riot isn't an awful company, yes. But by no means are they the greatest company in the world. Not at all.
>by player service i mean, their policy, we are not their "customers", we want to get back some IP we regret because we bought i champ we dont like, they give us back the IP, even the RP even though they aren't supposed to do that

>selling money for power will be selling RUNES for RP. which btw a "free user" can get to the top ranking by using 2 rune pages and 4 champs (teddyRo), there is no content u can't unlock (that benefits you) which cant be bought by in game currency. all they sell are skins (which do about nothing, besides saying, hey i like the way he/she/it looks on the champ)

>riot does charity, red cross (akali) and the guy who had cancer (jax and jaximus skin)

>they listen to the community and im pretty sure they act according to how fast they can get their shit up, it isn't easy to program something in 2-3 day with that complexity like spectator mode or a new map(which is totally unnecessary IMO)

sure riot isnt a beacon of light, it's a business and they need to keep it running.

as i said before, please tell me a better game company, i'd definitely try their games

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-28-2012   #22 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncharted
>by player service i mean, their policy, we are not their "customers", we want to get back some IP we regret because we bought i champ we dont like, they give us back the IP, even the RP even though they aren't supposed to do that

>selling money for power will be selling RUNES for RP. which btw a "free user" can get to the top ranking by using 2 rune pages and 4 champs (teddyRo), there is no content u can't unlock (that benefits you) which cant be bought by in game currency. all they sell are skins (which do about nothing, besides saying, hey i like the way he/she/it looks on the champ)

>riot does charity, red cross (akali) and the guy who had cancer (jax and jaximus skin)

>they listen to the community and im pretty sure they act according to how fast they can get their shit up, it isn't easy to program something in 2-3 day with that complexity like spectator mode or a new map(which is totally unnecessary IMO)

sure riot isnt a beacon of light, it's a business and they need to keep it running.

as i said before, please tell me a better game company, i'd definitely try their games
>RP refunds happen once, and largely so you may be tempted to buy more. Most companies will also give out refunds if you're on top of it when you buy the item. Riot won't refund you for an IP-purchased champ that you bought a year ago, they'll refund you within like a week I think it was.

>Not everyone is teddyRo, good example there! And as I said before, LoL would be so lol if you could buy power. It's a game of "skill" and "practice."

>Most gaming companies did a small PR stint with a whole "buy x stuff, we donate x profits to charity" with the Japan Earthquake thingo. And I'm sure if any other company had "granted a wish" then they would make a nice PR run with it.

>I don't expect things to be flawless in 2-3 days other than server instability. However, Riot is also the worst at "deadlines." Stealth Revamp anyone?

Riot is good in the sense that it is visibly human, take that away and it's just a crappy company that doesn't know how their game works.

06-28-2012   #23 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Compensation happens when you lose something (no, lost games don't exactly count).

i.e. if you were to lose hours of playtime on this game, maybe lose a few champions you bought because of a rollback, then Riot should compensate you somehow, even if it's something small like an IP boost.

You don't lose anything from server downtime.

06-28-2012   #24 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Quote:
Riot is good in the sense that it is visibly human, take that away and it's just a crappy company that doesn't know how their game works.
I still don't see any other company being nearly as decent as Riot. Selling power could easily be something as illusory as "You could get this item by cash, or spend 90% of your earned in-game gold on the chance of getting this item." Runes could very well be on that system. Would it be smart or healthy for a game like this? No. Would certain companies do it if they had the chance? You're lying to yourself if you said no.

06-29-2012   #25 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
I still don't see any other company being nearly as decent as Riot. Selling power could easily be something as illusory as "You could get this item by cash, or spend 90% of your earned in-game gold on the chance of getting this item." Runes could very well be on that system. Would it be smart or healthy for a game like this? No. Would certain companies do it if they had the chance? You're lying to yourself if you said no.
Of course there are other companies that would just run with the chance to sell power. However, I do not deny that Riot is a good company. I was merely laughing at the fact that whatever his name is said that Riot was "by far the best company EVER," because they're not. They can and do things a little differently because of the nature of their game, but that in no way makes them the best company ever (as evidence by this whole patch mess).

06-29-2012   #26 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games
Cosmic BreakGrand ChaseMapleStoryMabinogi

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Marzai
IGN: -points at name-
Guild: None

Quote:
Of course there are other companies that would just run with the chance to sell power. However, I do not deny that Riot is a good company. I was merely laughing at the fact that whatever his name is said that Riot was "by far the best company EVER," because they're not. They can and do things a little differently because of the nature of their game, but that in no way makes them the best company ever (as evidence by this whole patch mess).
Umm...'whatever his name is' = Uncharted

Quote:
If Riot being 'visibly human' is the only thing that makes them 'good,' then doesn't that totally denounce their technical expertise? I mean sure, I agree that Riot isn't 'the best EVER;' the patch itself is evident of that. But let's not forget the human aspect of Riot, either. Shit happens. And shit happened in this patch, and they're trying their best to fix and decode it back to normal ON TOP OF distributing compensation for those affected by the slip-up. If a mishap like this instantly brands them 'crappy' and 'not knowing how their game works' - especially after they've had plenty of successful patches before - then I vehemently despise this way of thinking.

This goes back to a similar argument that I saw in the LoL section before: If Riot is so 'crappy' and 'doesn't know how their game works,' then why don't the complainers and bashers get up and do something about it? If it answer is along the lines of 'I have no knowledge/schooling/expertise on such things and don't plan on gaining any,' then this argument is as good as finished.

Pinkie Pool's archnemesis: Oatmeal.

06-29-2012   #27 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulCabal OnlineChampions OnlineCombat Arms

Uncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to all

Quote:
"best GAME company ever" so please refer me a better company, saying it's the best GAME company means the best company in the GAME COMPANY classification doesn't mean the overall (の中で) so please, if u know a better GAME COMPANY, enlighten me with it

it doesn't mean riot are some sort of mother Theresa shit, it just means they're the best overall or the rest are shit

06-29-2012   #28 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncharted
"best GAME company ever" so please refer me a better company, saying it's the best GAME company means the best company in the GAME COMPANY classification doesn't mean the overall (の中で) so please, if u know a better GAME COMPANY, enlighten me with it

it doesn't mean riot are some sort of mother Theresa shit, it just means they're the best overall or the rest are shit
My apologies for leaving out that one word, it still doesn't change the fact that they are not the best "game company EVER."

You see, the best game company ever would not have goofed as hard (two or three tries and the patch still derped?) as Riot did for this patch. Personally, if we're talking about just game companies, I prefer Square Enix over Riot just because SE makes a lot of games I enjoy, while Riot only makes one game I marginally enjoy.

And I think that's the end of the discussion. The quality of a company is subjective and it is my opinion that Riot, while a (somewhat) competent and decent company is not the "best game company ever."

06-29-2012   #29 (permalink)
Mega
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Donges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Dezel
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

*Comic Relief*