ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > League of Legends (LoL)

Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-27-2012   #1 (permalink)
8-bit
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma
Default Next Patch: The Full Release of Spectator Mode!

Quote:
Summoners!

We are pleased to announce that we’re closing the books on our Spectator Mode beta and moving into our full release. In the coming patch, we’re rolling out some exciting new features that will bring your experience spectating games to the next level. In the full release of Spectator Mode you’ll be able to jump to specific points in the action with Timeshift controls, allow the computer to control your perspective through Directed Camera, and spectate your friends’ games that are already in progress. You can even watch top players by selecting from a number of Featured Games pre-selected for you on the PvP.net landing page.

For a full rundown of the new features available in the full release of Spectator Mode, take a look at the video below.

Spectate Your Friends

In the full release of Spectator Mode you’ll now have the option to drop in and watch a friend’s game that’s currently underway. To select this option, simply right click on their nameplate in your Friends List, and select the “Spectate Game” option to begin watching. You will immediately join the selected game with the standard, three-minute delay already factored in. There’s no limit on how many players are allowed to observe a friend’s game in this manner.

Featured Games

Interested in watching a few matches featuring players at the very top of League of Legends? When you load the client, you’ll now have a list of live Featured Games that you can view. These games showcase some of the best players that League of Legends has to offer, so be sure to check them out any time you’re interested in viewing some high-level play. There is no limit on how many players can observe a featured game.

Timeshift Controls

We know how frustrating missing an important moment while viewing a heated battle on the Fields of Justice can be. So to prevent you from ever missing a beat, we’ve added the Timeshift controls to Spectator Mode. Through Timeshift you can rewind, slow down, or even pause the live game you’re observing to take in all the action at your own pace. Once you’re done, you can fast forward or jump ahead to catch back up with the progress of the match.

Directed Camera

By engaging Directed Camera mode you can allow the computer to guide your perspective, automatically selecting the most interesting action on the field. While this mode is engaged, the computer will analyze everything that is currently happening in the game and select the most significant event, whether it’s First Blood, a team fight or a baron attempt. You can even select a specific player that you’d like the Directed Camera to focus on, or jump to another event by pressing the space bar.
Looking forward to this~

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-27-2012   #2 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

This could be good. I hope they include a recording feature like some other games.

04-27-2012   #3 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

I just hope it isn't bugged as **** like the Hecarim patch.

04-27-2012   #4 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzor
I just hope it isn't bugged as **** like the Hecarim patch.
inb4: it is

If the Hecarim Patch shows us anything, it's that Riot is incapable of adding real content to their game without ****ing stuff up.

04-27-2012   #5 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Like 30 seconds in, that looks like a replay UI.

04-27-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLeague of LegendsGrand ChaseAudition 2
Awards Facebook Fan

soulzter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to soulzter
Class: lolragequit
Guild: Synergy

well, new way to kill time while waiting for frens

04-27-2012   #7 (permalink)
Legends of League
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends

Dragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond reputeDragon has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Ideality

Pretty much means replay function really soon. All that's left is having a server to save the games for longer than the duration of the game.

League of Legends Fanatic - NA - Ideality

04-28-2012   #8 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesie
inb4: it is

If the Hecarim Patch shows us anything, it's that Riot is incapable of adding real content to their game without ****ing stuff up.
Never mind the other some 70 so patches they've done where they might not have messed up.

04-28-2012   #9 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
Never mind the other some 70 so patches they've done where they might not have messed up.
Yeah, I forgot about all of those patches they've added something other than a new champion. How many are those? Few in number. But even then, I could probably count patches where just champions were released and things have ****ed up. :/

04-28-2012   #10 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, I forgot about all of those patches they've added something other than a new champion. How many are those? Few in number. But even then, I could probably count patches where just champions were released and things have ****ed up. :/
Compared to any other game, them keeping it somewhat stable with bi-weekly content is extremely impressive to start.

04-28-2012   #11 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Compared to any other game, them keeping it somewhat stable with bi-weekly content is extremely impressive to start.
Yes, one champion bi-weekly and some skins is so much content. I'm impressed that they're able to keep up!

04-28-2012   #12 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games
Cosmic BreakGrand ChaseMapleStoryMabinogi

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Marzai
IGN: -points at name-
Guild: None

Quote:
Yes, one champion bi-weekly and some skins is so much content. I'm impressed that they're able to keep up!
...Keep up with what? NA LoL is the first to get updates since we're the motherland. Unless you mean keeping up with your expectations. Then they couldn't possibly do that.

Whether it's content that you're expecting or not, it's content nonetheless. I'd say they're second to NA Grand Chase in this regard. And let's not forget about human error. It exists, and I don't expect them to ace it all the time.

If they do screw up royally, I do have other games to play while I wait.

On-Topic: I guess this means I get to watch Shugi and her team without screwing her over due to my indecisiveness in a match now. Now I'll really get to learn what the big dogs do.

Pinkie Pool's archnemesis: Oatmeal.

04-28-2012   #13 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:
Implementing champions bi-weekly, balance patches as well.

Honestly, the easiest answer to give with arguments like this is "Why don't you do it?"

04-28-2012   #14 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Implementing champions bi-weekly, balance patches as well.
We already knew that they put in champions bi-weekly, no need to tell me again. Balance patches aren't content (especially when they aren't like revamp revamps and just "Skill: Potato now deals 280 at max instead of 270") and I would hope Riot is competent enough to be able to fix them.

Quote:
Honestly, the easiest answer to give with arguments like this is "Why don't you do it?"
Not my job, don't have any education in that field. I mean, I find it kind of sad when patches that are of actual meat (a new map, noticeable UI changes, new features, etc.) have chaos for multiple days. I mean, Nexon is just as bad as Riot with patches, however at least Nexon patch days suck because they have people who sabotage their games.

04-28-2012   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaLeague of LegendsDungeon Fighter OnlineGunZ

CrunchyRoll has disabled reputation
IGN: Dithyrambic
Class: Healer lu_eir
Level: 85
Guild: Poverty

SUGOI DEsU

04-28-2012   #16 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

I mention that as a rhetorical question that means MAYBE you don't have the knowledge to say that a job is easy. That there is more to it than you give credit for.

04-28-2012   #17 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
I mention that as a rhetorical question that means MAYBE you don't have the knowledge to say that a job is easy. That there is more to it than you give credit for.
I suppose I should throw the obligatory "If Blizzard can do it, then why can't every other game company do it" argument then.

Really there's no excuse for Riot. There's really no excuse for any game company, but at least some of them have legitimate problems going on (Nexon vs. all the hackers).

I concede I don't know enough about programming to know how "hard" it is, but then again, they should. It's also their job.

04-28-2012   #18 (permalink)
8-bit
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute

Now Yi's going to be super OP instead of just normal OP, and the AP item thing was a pretty terrible idea from what I heard...guess we get to wait to find out :l

04-29-2012   #19 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

I dislike the DFG change, the MP regen was especially nice on Veigar and MP champs but now that it's gone every other champ is probably going to have this item in their core build.

and now that it has more AP there's even less reason to get Morello's tome, since everyone carries ignite/plays Tristana and you only lose 5% CDR.

I'm glad about the WoTA nerf though, every team just seems to rush double WoTA because of how cost efficient it was (40 AP + 30AP 20% spell vamp aura for 2.1k, when 80 AP + 15% spell vamp should be costing ~2.4k)

Last edited by Kenzor; 04-29-2012 at 04:31 AM.

04-30-2012   #20 (permalink)
8-bit
Games

Looks like no Varus this week

Quote:
Summoners!

The highly anticipated Spectator Mode arrives with this week’s patch, giving you an exciting new way to watch League of Legends matches. The new Mode allows you to focus on individual champions or move around the field as you wish, as well as comparing the stats and progress of each team through heads-up displays. You’ll be able to read player chat as it happens, keep track of player pings, and even shoutcast for your friends!

On April 30, 2012, starting at 11:30PM Pacific Time, ranked queues will be disabled in preparation for the patch. At 1:00AM Pacific Time, the servers will be shut down and Spectator Mode will begin its upload. At this time all games currently in progress will end in a draw and stats will not be recorded. We estimate that the Fields of Justice will be unavailable for approximately 6 hours.

Immediately following the completion of this update, all game balance changes, and access to Spectator mode will be available. Varus, the Arrow of Retribution, will be making his way to the League at a later date which should give you a chance to fiddle with Spectator mode. He definitely wants to be the spotlight, so tidy up your spectating skills for when Varus makes his way to the fields; stay tuned for more information!