ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   League of Legends (LoL) (http://ggftw.com/forum/league-legends-lol/)
-   -   Lulu Patch Notes (http://ggftw.com/forum/league-legends-lol/109687-lulu-patch-notes.html)

Mega 03-19-2012 11:21 PM

Lulu Patch Notes
 
New Skins in the Store
  • Bittersweet Lulu
  • Wicked Lulu
League of Legends v1.0.0.136
Lulu, the Fae Sorceress
  • Pix, Faerie Companion (Passive) - Pix fires magical bolts of energy whenever his owner attacks another enemy unit. These bolts are homing, but can be intercepted by other units.
  • Glitterlance - Pix and Lulu each fire a bolt of magical energy that heavily slows all enemies it hits. An enemy can only be damaged by one bolt.
  • Whimsy - If cast on an ally, grants them movement speed and ability power for a short time. If cast on an enemy, turns them into an adorable critter that can't attack or cast spells.
  • Help, Pix! - If cast on an ally, commands Pix to jump to an ally and shield them. He then follows them and aids their attacks. If cast on an enemy, commands Pix to jump to an enemy and damage them. He then follows them and grants you vision of that enemy.
  • Wild Growth (Ultimate) - Lulu enlarges an ally, knocking enemies away from them and granting them a large amount of bonus health. For the next few seconds, that ally gains an aura that slows nearby enemies.
Blitzcrank
  • Rocket Grab
    • Damage increased to 80/135/190/245/300 (+1.0 ability power) from 60/120/180/240/300 (+0.8 ability power)
    • Mana cost reduced to 110 from 140
Fiora
  • Fixed a bug where Fiora could consume the second cast of Lunge on the original target while still moving toward the original target.
Garen
  • Fixed a bug where Demacian Justice would not finish casting if Garen lost vision of the target during the cast
Irelia
  • Hiten Style
    • Passive health restore reduced to 5/7/9/11/13 from 10/14/18/22/26
    • While active, health restore doubles to 10/14/18/22/26
  • Transcendent Blades cooldown increased to 70/60/50 seconds from 60/50/40
Janna
  • Eye of the Storm Attack Damage bonus is now lost if the shield breaks
Jax
  • Health per level increased to 98 from 88
  • Counterstrike area of effect radius increased to 375 from 350
  • Grandmaster's Might (New Active): Jax gains 25/35/45 (+30% of his bonus attack damage) armor and 25/35/45 (+20% of his ability power) magic resist for 8 seconds. 100 mana, 80 second cooldown.
Olaf
  • Updated Ragnarok's buff tooltip to reflect it now grants Armor and Magic Resist instead of flat damage reduction
Orianna
  • Now has improved targeting displays for her spells
Rammus
  • Right clicking on an enemy while using Powerball will now move you close enough to hit the target
  • Base armor reduced to 20.8 from 24.8
  • Base attack damage reduced to 53.5 from 58.8
Riven
  • Fixed a bug where Riven could get locked out of moving during her third cast of Broken Wings
Rumble
  • Updated Rumble's recommended items
Shaco
  • Fixed a bug that caused Deceive to sometimes deal more damage than intended
  • Two-Shiv Poison damage adjusted to 50/90/130/170/210 (+1.0 bonus attack damage) from 40/80/120/160/200 (+0.5 total attack damage)
Shen
  • Vorpal Blade
    • Damage reduced to 60/100/140/180/220 from 60/105/150/195/240
    • Cooldown increased to 6/5.5/5/4.5/4 from 5/4.5/4/3.5/3
    • Fixed a bug where last hitting with Vorpal Blade healed for less than intended
Shyvana
  • Updated Fury of the Dragonborn tooltip to more accurately reflect actual values in game
  • Fixed a bug that caused Burnout to last longer than intended
  • Dragon's Descent passive Armor and Magic Resist bonus reduced to 10/15/20 from 15/20/25
Sona
  • Power Chord damage increased to 18-188 from 10-180
Soraka
  • Re-timed Starcall's animation to sync better with Soraka's actions
Veigar
  • Fixed a bug where Event Horizon stopped stunning units if Veigar died
Viktor
  • Power Transfer
    • Augmented Power Transfer now grants Movement Speed when the missile is launched rather than when the cast animation begins
    • Fixed a bug where Viktor could gain the Movement Speed from Power Transfer without actually casting the spell
    • Fixed a bug where Augmented Power Transfer's Movement Speed lasted only 2 seconds instead of the intended 3
  • Fixed a bug where Graviton Field disappeared when Viktor died
  • Fixed a bug where Chaos Storm disappeared when Viktor died (though it will not respond to commands while Viktor is dead)
Items
  • Vampiric Scepter Life Steal reduced to 10% from 12%
  • Wriggle's Lantern Life Steal reduced to 12% from 15%
  • Bloodthirster
    • Life Steal reduced to 12% from 15%
    • Life Steal per stack reduced to 0.2% from 0.25%
    • Now only loses half stacks on death rather than all of them
  • Hexdrinker
    • Recipe changed to Long Sword + Null Magic Mantle from 2 Long Swords + Null Magic Mantle
    • Total gold cost reduced to 1400 from 1800
    • Attack damage reduced to 25 from 35
    • Shield strength reduced to 250 from 300
    • Shield duration reduced to 3 seconds from 4
  • New Item: Maw of Malmortius
    • Recipe: Hexdrinker + Pickaxe
    • Total gold cost: 3300 (combine cost: 925)
    • +55 Attack Damage
    • +36 Magic Resist
    • Unique Passive: +1 Attack Damage for every 2.5% health missing.
    • Unique Passive: If you would take magic damage which would leave you at less than 30% of your maximum health, you gain a shield which absorbs 400 magic damage for 5 seconds. 60 second cooldown.
Summoner Spells
  • Fixed a bug where Clairvoyance would disappear if the caster died
  • Heal
    • Base heal amount reduced to 120 from 140
    • Recently Healed debuff duration increased to 35 seconds from 25
General
  • Champions will now attempt to run home when they disconnect, instead of Recalling
  • Fixed a bug where the Dominion center buff could cause double kills against Kog'maw, Karthus, etc.
  • Crest of the Ancient Golem scaling Mana Regeneration reduced to 0.5% of maximum Mana/Energy from 1%
  • Cleaned up champion passive tooltips
  • A champion chasing a fleeing opponent will now attack more consistently than before
  • Fixed a bug where Ally disconnect messages were not displaying correctly
  • Fixed a bug where using control+F didn't display a Ping/FPS overlay
  • Fixed a bug where players could unintentionally disconnect and reconnect as a spectator
  • Made a few server side adjustments to prevent specific cases of lag
Co-op vs. AI
  • Improved cast logic on ultimates for Caitlyn and Lux bots
  • Fixed a bug where bots in Dominion would sometimes idle under enemy capture points

Kenzor 03-20-2012 04:55 AM

omg Janna OP
So why exactly are they buffing the exact reason why Sona is such a strong harass support? :py14:

Nihil679 03-20-2012 08:11 AM

Shyvana W nerf disguised as "bug fix."
I mad.

Tardar 03-20-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nihil679 (Post 1694335)
Shyvana W nerf disguised as "bug fix."
I mad.

Real .

Mega 03-20-2012 10:49 AM

I like the way the map scrolling does now. It's so smooooth~

And I like the small Orianna update with the new targeting system :)

Tardar 03-20-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mega (Post 1694385)
And I like the small Orianna update with the new targeting system :)

Psh. I thought that was probably the most useless update for her ever. I would really hope you didn't need an arrow to show which direction your ball is going to move. Not to mention it just looks fuggo too.

RaineScarlet 03-20-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesie (Post 1694410)
Psh. I thought that was probably the most useless update for her ever. I would really hope you didn't need an arrow to show which direction your ball is going to move. Not to mention it just looks fuggo too.

It's not THAT bad. xD But people who smartcast (me) don't really need it.

The more awesome change was the retiming of Soraka's animation. She doesn't pause stupidly when starcalling anymore, so it's easier to kite and chase. :)

Also played some Lulu. She's sooo fun, and her Ulti is just broken--flat HP, not affected by Ignite + knockup & slow aura. I played with my friend on Skarner, and speed boost + Skarner ult + Lulu ult = They're not getting away lol. And he can even run into the whole enemy team because the knockup disrupts in time for him to grab someone, and the slow keeps everyone away while your team eats the poor guy that Skarner pulled in. :py55: Will play more, but for now, she seems OP. *gets ready for future nerfs* T-T

Kenzor 03-20-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaineScarlet (Post 1694466)
It's not THAT bad. xD But people who smartcast (me) don't really need it.

The more awesome change was the retiming of Soraka's animation. She doesn't pause stupidly when starcalling anymore, so it's easier to kite and chase. :)

Also played some Lulu. She's sooo fun, and her Ulti is just broken--flat HP, not affected by Ignite + knockup & slow aura. I played with my friend on Skarner, and speed boost + Skarner ult + Lulu ult = They're not getting away lol. And he can even run into the whole enemy team because the knockup disrupts in time for him to grab someone, and the slow keeps everyone away while your team eats the poor guy that Skarner pulled in. :py55: Will play more, but for now, she seems OP. *gets ready for future nerfs* T-T

Yeah, she MUST have amazing synergy with champs like Skarner and Rammus.

Tardar 03-20-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzor (Post 1694486)
Yeah, she MUST have amazing synergy with champs like Skarner and Rammus.

Wukong with her ult could get a double knock-up. I really feel like she just has amazing synergy with any remotely good initiator.

Kenzor 03-20-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesie (Post 1694512)
Wukong with her ult could get a double knock-up. I really feel like she just has amazing synergy with any remotely good initiator.

Wukong + Lulu + Orianna oh shit
or Malphite instead of Wukong

Rhois 03-20-2012 07:50 PM

It's wonderful to see the support line up increased. Do want more aggressive supports.

Tardar 03-20-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzor (Post 1694515)
Wukong + Lulu + Orianna oh shit
or Malphite instead of Wukong

Lulu + Ashe bot, Wukong solo-top, Orianna mid, Malphite jungle (or Amumu).

Oh God.

Mega 03-20-2012 08:07 PM

I honestly don't see how Lulu is a support champ lmao.

I can see it maybe late game when she's weak, but early game she kills everything :(

Tardar 03-20-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mega (Post 1694564)
I honestly don't see how Lulu is a support champ lmao.

I can see it maybe late game when she's weak, but early game she kills everything :(

She only has two attack spells and most of her other spells serve as enablers rather than damage spells. Not to mention she can do just fine without that much AP.

Rhois 03-21-2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mega (Post 1694564)
I honestly don't see how Lulu is a support champ lmao.

I can see it maybe late game when she's weak, but early game she kills everything :(

As James said, she only has two scaling attacks, though they do have moderate scaling. I haven't played against her on the NA client yet, only on PBE, but from what I saw on PBE, AP Lulu was generally terribly. Probably because people didn't know what to build/skill with her, but the support Lulu generally did better.

Lulu has alot of utility, and I mean alot. She's Janna 2.0 in a way, great harass, good slow, cc, speed boost, shield+boosted damage, especially if the target has high aspd, and a giant burst of health/aoe knock-up/back and aoe aura slow. I think she'll be great with an aggressive AD Carry, like MF, Ez, Trist, and maybe Vayne.

Those are just my thoughts at least, when I get to play with her as my support, my views will probably change. It's still just a breath of fresh air to get a new, support styled champion.

RaineScarlet 03-21-2012 12:46 PM

I've only played one normal game where I used Lulusupport. My friend was using Corki and we were against Graves and support Kayle (LOL). *ahem* Anyway, I pretty much went Janna mode in the laning phase and shielded Corki whenever I foresaw a poke war (i.e. Graves quickdrawbuckshot) and it worked out really well for us since we took minimal damage.

My main issue was getting used to Lulu's poke potential. Whenever I got close enough to Kayle, I would unload all my spells on her, poly, glitter, pix (mostly self shield), and auto-attack, and that does a lot of damage!! Especially since they can't retaliate in squirrel form.

Her main weakness (if you can even call it that) is lack of heal, but Janna has no heal either and she still does amazing in lane. Land the glitters for Lulu, and she's an amazing and easy-to-play support.

Kenzor 03-21-2012 04:42 PM

Played Lulu a few games and I have to say she's harder than any other support I've played.

Q: Weird skill shot, and skill shots are obviously hard to hit with anyway.
W: You gotta make the decision, speed buff or disable, and then you gotta decide WHO to disable.
E: Save for shielding, or use for harassing?
R: Should I use it on the off tank who's in the middle of the entire enemy team to give him tankiness + AoE knockup or should I save it for the carry in case they're in danger, and WHICH carry?

So much decisions to make all the time

and then it's pretty annoying how using E on your carry, will make your passive steal their CS lol.

Tardar 03-21-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzor (Post 1695010)
Played Lulu a few games and I have to say she's harder than any other support I've played.

Q: Weird skill shot, and skill shots are obviously hard to hit with anyway.
W: You gotta make the decision, speed buff or disable, and then you gotta decide WHO to disable.
E: Save for shielding, or use for harassing?
R: Should I use it on the off tank who's in the middle of the entire enemy team to give him tankiness + AoE knockup or should I save it for the carry in case they're in danger, and WHICH carry?

So much decisions to make all the time

and then it's pretty annoying how using E on your carry, will make your passive steal their CS lol.

I don't think she's too bad.

Q: Skillshot, like you said. What can you do?
W: I mean, I would probably always slap it on the carry or the most fed enemy. The AP buff is only useful for AP casters and they don't really need the speed buff, and by slapping it on the enemy carry it prevents them from fighting for 1.5 seconds, which is nice.
E: If it's a defensive lane where neither side is actively poking, I'd probably use it to poke some. Otherwise I'd just slap it on the carry.
R: Slap it on whoever is initiating once they're in. I feel as if putting it on the carry just makes them.... obviously a larger target.

RaineScarlet 03-21-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesie (Post 1695020)
I don't think she's too bad.

Q: Skillshot, like you said. What can you do?
W: I mean, I would probably always slap it on the carry or the most fed enemy. The AP buff is only useful for AP casters and they don't really need the speed buff, and by slapping it on the enemy carry it prevents them from fighting for 1.5 seconds, which is nice.
E: If it's a defensive lane where neither side is actively poking, I'd probably use it to poke some. Otherwise I'd just slap it on the carry.
R: Slap it on whoever is initiating once they're in. I feel as if putting it on the carry just makes them.... obviously a larger target.

Agree with everything, especially with the W. Since it has an awesome speed buff for initiators, they can run in and peel carries away from the other team. I pretty much ignore the fact that it gives AP sometimes because the speed is more worth the cast. Same goes for the Squirrel.

I also don't really use the E to harass. If I wanted to harass, I'd probably shield myself and auto-attack + W Q and walk away with minimal damage taken. :P

What's your preferred skilling order though? I like ranking the shield first. Like R > E > W > Q <--just for the slow.

Kenzor 03-21-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesie (Post 1695020)
I don't think she's too bad.

Q: Skillshot, like you said. What can you do?
W: I mean, I would probably always slap it on the carry or the most fed enemy. The AP buff is only useful for AP casters and they don't really need the speed buff, and by slapping it on the enemy carry it prevents them from fighting for 1.5 seconds, which is nice.
E: If it's a defensive lane where neither side is actively poking, I'd probably use it to poke some. Otherwise I'd just slap it on the carry.
R: Slap it on whoever is initiating once they're in. I feel as if putting it on the carry just makes them.... obviously a larger target.

W: Yes, but you could also use it on your team's Skarner (or whatever) for awesome initiation, or give 60 free AP to your AP carry.

@Raine
R > E > W > Q is probably the best way to go support wise.
E gives great sustain, and is a on-target harass (and supports your auto attack harass), whereas Q is a skill shot, pushes minions and doesn't even do that much damage anyway.

and obviously leveling W makes it scale in so many different ways (more AP, more disable duration, less CD), obviously AP is not useful on your AD carry lanemate and the duration increase is minor when trading blows in lane compared to in mid-game team fights.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.