ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > League of Legends (LoL)

Perfect World
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-17-2012   #1 (permalink)
DJ
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma
Default Lulu Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

Welcome to the Lulu Patch Preview, summoners! In the Patch Preview, we’ll be looking into gameplay changes for existing champions, items, and other gameplay, as opposed to information about Lulu herself. In this episode, we discuss our changes for Rammus, Shaco, Jax, Irelia, and a few items! For more information about these updates, take a look at the video!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-17-2012   #2 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
IGN: Kremet
Class: Seleana lt_sorcerer
Level: 70
Guild: KuroNeko
Xfire: riolu

The cooldown nerf on irelia makes me cringe but it's her true damage and 2 sec stun that actually makes it able for her to wreck enemies.

I foresee mundo, garen, gp, volibear and yi (not completely sure about fiora) becoming op after the life steal nerf.

03-17-2012   #3 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

I'm fine with the Irelia nerf. I definitely think it could have been better but at the same time it does hit some problems. @Riolu: Yeah her true damage and stun helps her wreck, but at the same time they're more addressing her laning issues where she can become an immovable object because she's getting HP back every time she hits and then can even farm a whole wave of minions with her short cooldown ult (and healing herself even more).

I also think you're wrong on just about all you're predictions. Mundo can't do much once he's ignited and/or receives a grievous wound. I mean that's basically the reason you almost never see him on Summoner's Rift, Ignite shuts him down. Garen falls off hardcore and is easy to counter. Yi is completely binary and definitely relies on good jungling. I'm not sure why you would lane Yi (and then again he's completely reliant on Meditation for sustain and it's not even that good). GP and Volibear will still probably be decent. GP has always been pretty decent after his changes and Volibear jungle ganks are scurry.
but note it's all my opinion

03-17-2012   #4 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Did they just say they're nerfing Shaco?
Because that looks more like a buff to me.

Anyway Lulu gameplay:

Looks awesome.

03-17-2012   #5 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
IGN: Kremet
Class: Seleana lt_sorcerer
Level: 70
Guild: KuroNeko
Xfire: riolu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesie
Mundo can't do much once he's ignited and/or receives a grievous wound.
Ignite isn't always ready and some mundo's can use their ults from a safe distance to keep their lane sustain. And we don't have enough items/skills that inflict grievous wound, nor many players to buy that 1 item to counter mundo.

Garen falls off hardcore and is easy to counter.
His passive used right will net him some great sustain, especially considering how there have been a lot of ad casters trying to solo top and riot sucks at implementing AD spell vamp (you actually have to buy will of the ancients or hextech revolver for it)

Yi is completely binary and definitely relies on good jungling.
AP Yi has become increasingly viable and now with this blow to AD sustain i wouldn't be surprised to see him jump in healing for 1k hp with 300 armor/mag res.

Explained my reasons.

03-17-2012   #6 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riolu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesie
Mundo can't do much once he's ignited and/or receives a grievous wound.
Ignite isn't always ready and some mundo's can use their ults from a safe distance to keep their lane sustain. And we don't have enough items/skills that inflict grievous wound, nor many players to buy that 1 item to counter mundo.

Garen falls off hardcore and is easy to counter.
His passive used right will net him some great sustain, especially considering how there have been a lot of ad casters trying to solo top and riot sucks at implementing AD spell vamp (you actually have to buy will of the ancients or hextech revolver for it)

Yi is completely binary and definitely relies on good jungling.
AP Yi has become increasingly viable and now with this blow to AD sustain i wouldn't be surprised to see him jump in healing for 1k hp with 300 armor/mag res.
Explained my reasons.
Mundo: Good players keep ignite ready when they want to fight Mundo, and the spell has a relatively short CD anyway.
+ Tristanas...everywhere.
If Mundo uses his ulti 'at a safe distance for lane sustain' that means he's vulnerable to ganks due to him losing his CC reduction escape tool.

Garen is useful up to Lvl 2, maybe. His scaling is just so poor unless he's 10/0 by 5 mins.
and, who are the AD casters going top? :S

AP Yi is horrible.

03-17-2012   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulCabal OnlineChampions OnlineCombat Arms

Uncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to all

i think mundo is real strong, but not on top, his jungling speed is insane and his late game scaling is quite scary too... idk why people are putting him on top lane

03-17-2012   #8 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riolu
Mundo: Ignite isn't always ready and some mundo's can use their ults from a safe distance to keep their lane sustain. And we don't have enough items/skills that inflict grievous wound, nor many players to buy that 1 item to counter mundo.

Garen: His passive used right will net him some great sustain, especially considering how there have been a lot of ad casters trying to solo top and riot sucks at implementing AD spell vamp (you actually have to buy will of the ancients or hextech revolver for it)

Yi: AP Yi has become increasingly viable and now with this blow to AD sustain i wouldn't be surprised to see him jump in healing for 1k hp with 300 armor/mag res.
Ken really hit a lot of the points I would say to counter what you had to say.

If you're going against Mundo, there will be Ignites picked (note that I'm also talking mostly about "real" play. Not solo queue, blind pick, Normals), and a team is likely to be ready to counter a Mundo. Not to mention Tristana and Miss Fortune both have built-in grievous wounds so if a Mundo appears it's likely one of those two will appear as well.

Garen falls off hardcore and has to stand around for a good while to keep his passive up. In the event that Garen did become popular again, champs with at least one ranged poke skill (like Vorpal Blade or Parrrley) would be picked to counter easily. Or even maybe a metashift where there's more ranged charas top. Either way, Garen is probably never going to be seen in real competitive play for a long while.

AP Yi is irrelevant. You really need to rely on making sure you can nuke down at least one champ (gl with only one source of AP damage, esp if you only stack AP). It doesn't really matter how much his Meditation heals, he has to channel it and it's awful for sustain. And in a team fight, it's probably going to be over before he'll be able to even make use of his health.

Now, naturally a lot of different champs may cycle into the spotlight again with the Life Steal change, however it should be noted that just about anything works in Normal games if you have half a brain. Also, Wriggle's was given more Life Steal at one point in the recent past (I think it was when they changed it's proc, I don't remember) so it's probably going to drop it's pre-buff level, where it's still a good amount.

03-18-2012   #9 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Not sure how to feel about Bloodthirster change.
On one hand, I love it.
On the other hand, I declared about a week ago I would stop using it because I hated stacking/restacking it. Aughhhhh, why do this Riot.