ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > League of Legends (LoL)

Grand Fantasia
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-17-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

ForTheCity is a jewel in the roughForTheCity is a jewel in the roughForTheCity is a jewel in the rough
Default Questions from a noob

Okay so I know this game is free to play and such. I was wondering how many champions are we allowed to get without paying? Do we have to pay more for certain champions etc?

I've seen game play and this game looks fun, just wanted to see if its more of a pay 2 win sort of game. are there levels in this game? or is everyone the same?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-17-2012   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster Online

Argorath has a spectacular aura aboutArgorath has a spectacular aura aboutArgorath has a spectacular aura about

Oh, this is what I absolutely enjoy about League.
You never pay for power. Champions and runes are available through IP, which you get from the game in general - even if you lose a game, you still get IP, upon whereas you can use it to buy champions.
Champions are different prices, but all are available to you WITHOUT paying real money. The only thing that actually costs real money in the game are skins, which "decorate" your champion, and trust me, people pay a load for that. But otherwise, no, they don't sell you power for money. It's pretty awesome.
And there are levels in the game, but it hardly affects your gameplay. It's more skill rather than level - a level 1 CAN outplay a 30 (though it will be hard from lack of runes and masteries), the only difference between levels are masteries, number of runes, and whether or not you can play ranked games. It's a really balanced game.

02-17-2012   #3 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

You can also choose to pay cash to buy champions, but that's if you're too lazy to farm the in game currency yourself.

02-17-2012   #4 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

We all know that skins give a secret advantage.

02-17-2012   #5 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Your powerlevel goes up at least 120% with skins.

Each week, LoL has a set amount of champions (8) that are considered "Free Week" champions, meaning all players are able to choose them and play them for free for that week. In addition, there are two offers which nets you two free champions, Liking LoL on Facebook for Tristana + skin and subscribing to RiotGames on YouTube for Alistar + skin.
For your first bunches of games, you also have a free IP Boost so you can buy a or a few champions early on.

02-17-2012   #6 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games
AuditionCounter-Strike OnlineGunboundHabbo Hotel
Awards MoM AwardTwitter Fan

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Shugi Send a message via Skype™ to Shugi
IGN: Penor
Xfire: shugix

If your champ is skinned you immediately tell your opponent 1 thing either 'I'm pro as heck' or 'I'm rich!'.

Champs are able to be acquired through IP and RP.
Runes (early game boost for stats) are able to be acquired with only IP.
Also 10 free champions on rotation to play each week without the need to purchase them.

Free Tristana Champ + Skin
Free Alistar Champ + Skin

Steam: Shugi | Battle.net: Shugi#1454 | LoL.NA: xShugi | GW2: xShugi.3601

02-17-2012   #7 (permalink)
Reading
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleLeague of LegendsNeo Steam
Awards Facebook Fan

Scathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shugi
If your champ is skinned you immediately tell your opponent 1 thing either 'I'm pro as heck' or 'I'm rich!'.
True that bro.

02-17-2012   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

OR that Riot was nice at Christmas and gave out free RP

Also a little tip. MAKE SURE you play a champion in the free rotation week BEFORE you spend 1350+ ip on them..../personal experiences ._.

02-17-2012   #9 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
IGN: Kremet
Class: Seleana lt_sorcerer
Level: 70
Guild: KuroNeko
Xfire: riolu

I'd recommend buying a 3150 champ instead of 1350, i personally find them more enjoyable, their mechanics are also more rewarding.

02-21-2012   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

ForTheCity is a jewel in the roughForTheCity is a jewel in the roughForTheCity is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akihiko
Oh, this is what I absolutely enjoy about League.
You never pay for power. Champions and runes are available through IP, which you get from the game in general - even if you lose a game, you still get IP, upon whereas you can use it to buy champions.
Champions are different prices, but all are available to you WITHOUT paying real money. The only thing that actually costs real money in the game are skins, which "decorate" your champion, and trust me, people pay a load for that. But otherwise, no, they don't sell you power for money. It's pretty awesome.
And there are levels in the game, but it hardly affects your gameplay. It's more skill rather than level - a level 1 CAN outplay a 30 (though it will be hard from lack of runes and masteries), the only difference between levels are masteries, number of runes, and whether or not you can play ranked games. It's a really balanced game.
Thanks for the help. Yeah I don't think I'll be playing with any real money. Thats cool how you don't have to use real money to buy champions though. I hate games that make you basically either spend money or forever to grind enough ingame money out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
Your powerlevel goes up at least 120% with skins.
120% THE F*CK. Doesn't that make this game imbalanced?

02-21-2012   #11 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
IGN: Kremet
Class: Seleana lt_sorcerer
Level: 70
Guild: KuroNeko
Xfire: riolu

Nihil was joking about the skins.

02-22-2012   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLeague of LegendsGrand ChaseAudition 2
Awards Facebook Fan

soulzter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to soulzter
Class: lolragequit
Guild: Synergy

some skins juz gv some new voice on the hero or new special effects, damage wise, thats up to patches. also i don think it does matter what price is the hero is at, as long u find it suit ur style, go get it. usually i recommend u don buy ANY heroes at all until ur at least lvl 25, because by the time u reach there, u probably play about 90% of the heroes that LoL currently has to offer, and u might own with one of them, and btw once u reach lvl 20, go get runes, and if you still don hv a hero u wish to focus on, go get def seals and magic resist glyphs 1st, at least their are useful no matter wat hero u are using.