ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > League of Legends (LoL)

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-09-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster Online

Argorath has a spectacular aura aboutArgorath has a spectacular aura aboutArgorath has a spectacular aura about
Default Apparently, the LoL Community Hates Asians.

Bored one day (and in a trolling mood), I decided to use my Google Pinyin keyboard in-game, to pretend I'm a random from China and couldn't speak English. I carried most of my games, which was pretty ironic, considering the responses I got from most people.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-09-2012   #2 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

They don't hate asians.
They hate people who don't communicate, like what you were doing.

Team game, you need communication, surprised?

02-09-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster Online

Argorath has a spectacular aura aboutArgorath has a spectacular aura aboutArgorath has a spectacular aura about

That wasn't the point, it was their initial reaction to it that made it amusing. I never said I couldn't speak English in those games - they made that assumption themselves the instant I typed a sentence that wasn't English.

02-09-2012   #4 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future

Well gee, I don't mean to sound like a douche but if you're going to play on an English speaking server, people expect you to speak English.

If you're not going to speak English then either:

You really don't know English, therefore they won't be very pleased with the fact that the team won't be able to communicate.

or

You know English, but you choose to be a **** and NOT communicate with the team.

Either way, it's not nice on a game that requires teamwork. Of course they will react that way.

02-09-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster Online

Whoa, alright man, calm down. Obviously, I was only trolling, and I didn't refuse to communicate with my teammates after that initial talk in the beginning. I did eventually talk to them in English and won all those games, no joke.
And of course, none of these were ranked games. Lighten up man. xD

02-09-2012   #6 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akihiko
Whoa, alright man, calm down. Obviously, I was only trolling, and I didn't refuse to communicate with my teammates after that initial talk in the beginning. I did eventually talk to them in English and won all those games, no joke.
And of course, none of these were ranked games. Lighten up man. xD
You can get banned on normals too.
Happy trolling

02-09-2012   #7 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
Xfire: riolu

I wonder why people rage at trolls.... oh right, it's them being a prick trying to ruin the game for them.

I miss the good old days when i could de-rep.

02-09-2012   #8 (permalink)
Banned
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalPangyaS4 League

YenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond reputeYenSai has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: YenSai/BeautyDisaster
Class: Foxeh/Cat to_thiefmaster
Level: 35x/TM 38x
Guild: {7N}

People raging at trolls only makes it that much funnier!
And that's funny because usually when there's an asian on our team or the enemy team that doesn't speak english, they automatically say "gg we have an asian"..LOL

02-09-2012   #9 (permalink)
Reading
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleLeague of LegendsNeo Steam
Awards Facebook Fan

Scathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by YenSai
People raging at trolls only makes it that much funnier!
And that's funny because usually when there's an asian on our team or the enemy team that doesn't speak english, they automatically say "gg we have an asian"..LOL
LOL This^

Hey gaiz, wacchu tokin bout. I'm azn too. Q_Q /hurt /foreveraloneasian

On Topic: Well, nobody likes trolls to be honest, but I can see that you only did that to try it out and see peoples' reactions. At least you carried most of your games. But yeah, it is a bummer when someone on a team refuses to communicate with the rest, regardless if he is Asian or not.

"Come with us to their jungle and lets camp their blue."

-Enemy Soraka comes baiting and lures to another bush-

-Enemy team 5 vs 4 surprise attack-

"WTF WHERE WERE YOUU, WHY WEREN'T YOU THERE. QQ"

"hoshignemfexuaiaelauo"

"gg"

EDIT: LOL. I decided to look at the 2nd picture closer and saw "korean? gg" looooooool. Some people are just that stupid and can't even distinguish Korean from Chinese. Well whatever. Lololol.

02-09-2012   #10 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon
EDIT: LOL. I decided to look at the 2nd picture closer and saw "korean? gg" looooooool. Some people are just that stupid and can't even distinguish Korean from Chinese. Well whatever. Lololol.
Or they have no knowledge of the Asian languages to begin with because they are not of Asian heritage or in any ways affiliated to the Asian culture and language, thus they do not know how to differentiate between Chinese, Korean, or Japanese.
What you just said made you sound more of an idiot than that person.

02-09-2012   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster Online

Not to mention that Taric in the first picture: "We has two Asians..." Man...people can't even type proper English these days. xD

02-09-2012   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulCabal OnlineChampions OnlineCombat Arms

Uncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to all

same happens with spanish speakers

"oh we got some Brs on our team Hueuheuhueuehueu"

then i say
Portuguese =/= spanish

then somehow i get insulted or something by just stating the truth

not that i care, i speak english on my team unless im on ranked5 where we dont speak on the chat, only timers =)

02-09-2012   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster Online

In conclusion: You get trolled if you're not American. >.> Or don't speak English in chat.

02-09-2012   #14 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In conclusion: You get trolled if you're not American. >.> Or don't speak English in chat.
Well technically it is a North American server. The entire game is in English. A vast majority of the players speak in English and expect you to speak English. It's like being frustrated when no one speaks fluent English in Spain-- ¡se comunica con español!

Also, I've never seen the English-speaking Canadians get trolled.

Last edited by Tardar; 02-09-2012 at 05:50 PM. Reason: falta una marca

02-09-2012   #15 (permalink)
8-bit
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

No offense but I tend to agree with the "play on your own servers" comments. IF you can speak english and actually communicate with me I don't care if you speak with someone else in another language as long as you talk to me in english.

There have been so many matches lately where I have 3 spanish people on my team and they don't speak a lick of english besides the F word =_=....

02-09-2012   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster Online

Aha, point here isn't communication but how people respond to certain races playing on League. xD It was fun anyways to see them rage when I typed just ONE sentence.
But yes, I do agree, it is rather frustrating to have a non-English speaking team, especially in ranked.

02-09-2012   #17 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It was fun anyways to see them rage when I typed just ONE sentence.
First impressions OP.

If you spoke perfect English and told them you were from Buenos Aires, I highly doubt anyone would care. People aren't bothered about what race you are, but the fact that you don't speak English. They're miffed they can't communicate with you as effectively.

02-09-2012   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster Online

Or they think Asians suck at LoL, I got that several times without typing Chinese. xD Anyways, a bit-off topic now. :X It was pretty amusing anyways.

02-09-2012   #19 (permalink)
Reading
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleLeague of LegendsNeo Steam
Awards Facebook Fan

Scathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
Or they have no knowledge of the Asian languages to begin with because they are not of Asian heritage or in any ways affiliated to the Asian culture and language, thus they do not know how to differentiate between Chinese, Korean, or Japanese.
What you just said made you sound more of an idiot than that person.
Oh right, sorry. Forgot some people weren't as smart as me cause I'm Asian and I study a lot. Not. Knowing the difference between certain languages is pretty basic and everyone should know the difference. Or at least try to.

02-09-2012   #20 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games
AuditionCounter-Strike OnlineGunboundHabbo Hotel
Awards MoM AwardTwitter Fan

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Shugi Send a message via Skype™ to Shugi
IGN: Penor
Xfire: shugix

Go play Shaco in ranked, then type in Korean. Let us know the reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon
Oh right, sorry. Forgot some people weren't as smart as me cause I'm Asian and I study a lot. Not. Knowing the difference between certain languages is pretty basic and everyone should know the difference. Or at least try to.
If you do not know the language it is incredibly hard to differentiate them. For example try differentiating between Spanish and Portuguese. They're incredibly similar, but slight differences make it obvious. To expect others to know the difference between Chinese, Korean and Japanese is stupid. If they have no cultural background in anything Asian they will not be able to tell the difference. Do you know how to program? What if I gave you C, C++, C# and Java? Can you tell me the difference?

Steam: Shugi | Battle.net: Shugi#1454 | LoL.NA: xShugi | GW2: xShugi.3601

Last edited by Shugi; 02-09-2012 at 10:11 PM.