ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > League of Legends (LoL)

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-08-2012   #1 (permalink)
8-bit
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma
Default Champion Sneak Peek - Nautilus, the Titan of the Depths

Any sailor worth his salt will let you know that the world’s greatest mysteries lie at the bottom of the ocean. Of course, they’ll also probably tell you that those who aren’t careful find themselves caught between the devil and the deep blue sea!

Take for instance, Nautilus, the Titan of the Depths. You’ll find no better expert on the things that lurk in Davey Jones’ Locker.

(First thing I thought was BioShock lol)

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-08-2012   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster Online

Argorath has a spectacular aura aboutArgorath has a spectacular aura aboutArgorath has a spectacular aura about

Everyone: "Big Daddy! Oh my God!"
So what do you think this guy is made for? Solo top?

02-08-2012   #3 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

I love the submerged diver concept. I really hope he's a competent jungler. If he's another AP Burst, I may pass.

02-08-2012   #4 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games
AuditionCounter-Strike OnlineGunboundHabbo Hotel
Awards MoM AwardTwitter Fan

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Shugi Send a message via Skype™ to Shugi
IGN: Penor
Xfire: shugix

He's a tank and does well in the jungle.

Any idea what the new hero will be? - League of Legends Community

Nautilus, Titan of the Depths – Skills, and Quotes from the Devs | LoL Report

Quote:
Summation of the hero for ya
Q - Hookshot, pulls Anchorman towards terrain, or if hits champion (any enemy?) pulls anchorman and that enemy together, but presumably moves Anchorman than enemy less because he's big and heavyW - Sh
W - Shield that scales with hp
E - Slow version of Tidehunter's ult, keeping enemies close to you unless they choose to run and get cc'd by the spikes.
R - Homing tidal burst that travels up to a maximum amount of time towards a target/until it hits the target. blows up things it hits along the way, blows up and slows on impact of actual target.
He was once a sailor, but not really a pirate, phreak will probably play him as a jungler, he scales with AP and one scales with his health (that being his shield). Supposedly his character and base will be obvious once we see what he looks like. He will have a FAST jungle clear speed, meaning his aoe does some nice early game damage or prolonged damage over time.
A quote from Xypherous about his playstyle, " His Q is halfway between Amumu and Blitzcrank, but based on the range it will feel more like one or the other. Since it has a minimum drag distance for the opponent, up close, you can reset an enemy's position if they escape. Far away though, you'll move much farther to them.
It has the added dimensionality of interacting with terrain, which means his gameplay is much more straightforward - he's not going to ambush you from behind a wall - because he can't shoot through the wall. He's going to come rushing out and attempting to hook you or aim it so that he can hit guaranteed terrain behind you.
His passive gives him a heavy incentive to switch targets in a fight - and his shield, if used in the right time in a fight, will add heavy DPS incentives if he's ignored. His initiation is more reliable but less controlled - so, a quick hookshot into an ultimate can ambush unwary foes. There's some interesting play patterns here. His overall theme is delayed but powerful effects.
A lot of the challenge of this guy was properly conveying the heft, size, and power that he looks like he has - which meant trying to find delayed effects that also feel gratifying and powerful."
Total Ratios for AP: 2.9 (that feels important to know)

Steam: Shugi | Battle.net: Shugi#1454 | LoL.NA: xShugi | GW2: xShugi.3601

02-08-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster Online

Argorath has a spectacular aura aboutArgorath has a spectacular aura aboutArgorath has a spectacular aura about

Ah, thank you very much, +rep. I hope he isn't solo top. I like my dominance with J4. xD Jungling sounds good to me.

02-08-2012   #6 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

I doubt it. The trend with the new "tanks" (Sejuani, Volibear) have been far from solo top viable. Doesn't seem like this guy will be any different. No innate sustain, no AD scale. His harass seems better than others though. Drag them towards you and pop shield, etc.

Another new tank with health scaling. I feel like my prediction is going correct so far.

02-08-2012   #7 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
Xfire: riolu

Another tanky dps jungle champ to satisfy Phreaks fetish o_o.

02-08-2012   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster Online

Oh, Phreak. -> Hi, my name is David. David Turley - League of Legends Community
No worries, I can still win solo top with 100 CS by 15 minutes. xD

02-09-2012   #9 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Sounds like a classic tank like Leona, Amumu etc. rather than this off tank crap we've been getting lately.

i.e low damage, bigger threat over time, team disruptions.

02-09-2012   #10 (permalink)
Reading
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleLeague of LegendsNeo Steam
Awards Facebook Fan

Scathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud of

He looks cute. Plus I like his name. >:

02-09-2012   #11 (permalink)
8-bit
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute

02-11-2012   #12 (permalink)
8-bit
Games

Quote:

Greetings summoners!

If you’ve ever wondered what preternatural bests lurk near the ocean floor, look no further than Nautilus, the Titan of the Depths! This imposing new champion is a fun, satisfying tank with a new initiation mechanic and a ton of soft crowd control mechanics to wreak havoc on the enemy team. And to top it all off, he’s utterly massive and punishes his opponents with heavy swings from a gigantic anchor.

Nautilus’ core ability is Dredge Line. Although he’s relatively slow and lumbering, Nautilus has the ability to drag himself and an enemy closer together. This makes him an ideal champion to have up front when you’re at a standoff with the enemy team. By dragging himself in to lead the attack and pulling an enemy out of position, you can create just the opening your allies need to start the team fight off on the right foot. You can also use Dredge Line on terrain to either get around more quickly or escape in a pinch.

Nautilus can also deploy his ultimate, Depth Charge, to great effect against a clustered enemy team. Although it is targeted against a single champion, deploying it against an adversary located at the rear of the enemy formation will cause it to potentially knock multiple enemies into the air as it travels. This can either cause the enemy team to scatter and leave fragile targets undefended, or set up an initiation with Dredge Line.

In addition to this unique movement ability, Nautilus’ kit is rife with abilities that lay down area of effect damage, disrupt multiple enemies and keep him alive. Although his ultimate is the only hard disable at his disposal, the amount of area of effect damage and disruption that he’s able to inflict will make your opponents think twice before they let him run amok in their midst. For this reason, this juggernaut of the high seas will make a very attractive target despite his high durability!

Abilities:

• Staggering Blow (Passive) – Nautilus’ first basic attack against a target deals bonus physical damage and immobilizes the opponent briefly. Staggering Blow cannot trigger on the same target more than once every 12 seconds.
  • Dredge Line - Nautilus throws his anchor forward. If he hits an enemy, he'll drag himself to his target and his target to him. If he hits terrain, he'll drag himself to the terrain and the cooldown is reduced.
  • Titan’s Wrath - Nautilus places a shield on himself that absorbs additional damage based on his maximum health. While the shield is active, Nautilus' attacks deal damage over time to units around him.
  • Riptide - Nautilus slams the ground, causing the earth to ripple out in waves. Each wave deals damage and slows the targets hit. This slow decays over time. Multiple waves that hit the same target deal reduced damage.
  • Depth Charge (ultimate) – Nautilus launches a depth charge towards a target that picks up speed as it travels. This charge knocks up all enemies it encounters while traveling and explodes on impact, stunning the target and launching them into the air.

Lore:

Once, Nautilus was a sailor commissioned by the Institute of War to explore the uncharted reaches of the Guardian’s Sea. This expedition took him deep into unknown waters where he and his crew found a vast section of the ocean’s rich blue waves were replaced by a black, oozing liquid that none of the crew could identify. Though their job was to investigate anything new that they found, no man aboard was willing to brave the murk except Nautilus. Only moments after he donned the hulking diver’s suit and climbed over the ship’s rail, something lurking in the muck grabbed hold of him. He clung to the side of the ship, but the thing below pulled him fiercely, rocking the entire ship. The other sailors grew afraid and made a terrible decision. As he stared and pled for help, they wrenched his grip free of the rail. He tumbled to the ink, grabbing the anchor in futile desperation. As he sank, he could do nothing but watch as the dark outline of his ship faded away. Then everything went black.

When Nautilus awoke, he was something different. The great iron suit was now somehow part of him, he could not tell where it ended and he began. All the details of his memory were fuzzy and indistinct but one fact remained clear: he was left here, alone in the sunless depths, to die. In his hands he still clutched the anchor that belonged to the men who had condemned him. Having no other purpose, he took this clue and trudged - too heavy to swim or run - in search of answers. He wandered without direction or sense of passing time in what felt like an eternal dream. By the time he stumbled upon the shores of Bilgewater, he could find no traces of the man he was. No house, no family, no life to which he could return. Terrified sailors who’d heard his tale directed Nautilus back to the Institute, but the summoners refused to relinquish the names of the others they commissioned. By then Nautilus had learned about the League of Legends and there he saw an opportunity to discover and punish those responsible for the time and life he lost.
“When lost in utter darkness, there is nothing left but forward.” - Nautilus
It'll be interesting to see how he works out~

02-11-2012   #13 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games
AuditionCounter-Strike OnlineGunboundHabbo Hotel
Awards MoM AwardTwitter Fan

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Shugi Send a message via Skype™ to Shugi
IGN: Penor
Xfire: shugix

I'll probably play him for a couple days until I get bored or feel like he does 0 damage (Sejuani). Hopefully his hook feels similar to Blitzcrank.

Steam: Shugi | Battle.net: Shugi#1454 | LoL.NA: xShugi | GW2: xShugi.3601

02-11-2012   #14 (permalink)
8-bit
Games

I'm going ahead and saving for him, but depending on how he looks in videos I might wait till he's in the free rotation first.

I'm mainly a mage user :X But water type champion seems cool. (Of course I thought the same with Ice and look how Sejuani turned out *cough* )