ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > League of Legends (LoL)

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-22-2011   #1 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Krem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Krem
IGN: Kremet
Class: Seleana lt_sorcerer
Level: 70
Guild: KuroNeko
Xfire: riolu
Default Need some help deciding which champion to buy next.

I'm saving up IP for a 6300 champion and since it takes a while to gather as much IP it's hard for me to choose a single champion.

These are my priorities:

-kennen -good cc, he's a fast-pace champ with a neat burst

-shyvanna -nice burst/movement speed, pretty neat how she can become a dragon and after playing her last week i discovered that i was a natural with her, always getting 10+ kills per match

-maokai -"hallo imma tree and i'll hug you to death" - ap maokai is surprisingly awesome

-galio -awesome harrass and pretty damn strong as a tank

-fizz -haven't tried him out yet buuut he seems pretty neat for an aggressive playstyle

Generally i need/want a champion that can suit my overly-aggressive needs without giving my team a feeder.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-22-2011   #2 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riolu
I'm saving up IP for a 6300 champion and since it takes a while to gather as much IP it's hard for me to choose a single champion.

These are my priorities:

-kennen -good cc, he's a fast-pace champ with a neat burst

-shyvanna -nice burst/movement speed, pretty neat how she can become a dragon and after playing her last week i discovered that i was a natural with her, always getting 10+ kills per match

-maokai -"hallo imma tree and i'll hug you to death" - ap maokai is surprisingly awesome

-galio -awesome harrass and pretty damn strong as a tank

-fizz -haven't tried him out yet buuut he seems pretty neat for an aggressive playstyle

Generally i need/want a champion that can suit my overly-aggressive needs without giving my team a feeder.
Kennen: I've never really liked him, his damage is pretty low compared to most AP carries and Fiddle does Kennen's job much easier+safer and does more damage. He's also pretty team dependent. It's really easy to dominate Kennen in lane too since his only form of harass is a skill shot, or the blatantly obvious auto attacks.

Maokai: his ganks are pretty nice but in the end, he's just a tank...except he doesn't have hard CC. AP maokai is pretty suicidal.

Galio: good tank, great utility but situational and easily countered by tenacity/irelia passive, and there are a great deal of irelia players out there.

----
Shyvana: I played her during free week and I have to say she's pretty cool, build almost fully tank and wreck the enemy team for free. Very high AoE damage and actually isn't so team dependent.

Fizz: I have him and have to say he's a pretty fun champ though he is pretty tricky to pick up. His damage is great and that ulti is wonderful (+ its a long range skillshot)

So I'd say to either pick shyvana or fizz, depending on what role you like more.

11-22-2011   #3 (permalink)
' ^ '
Games
League of LegendsLuniaVindictusDragon Nest

Minuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Minus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzor
Kennen: I've never really liked him, his damage is pretty low compared to most AP carries and Fiddle does Kennen's job much easier+safer and does more damage. He's also pretty team dependent. It's really easy to dominate Kennen in lane too since his only form of harass is a skill shot, or the blatantly obvious auto attacks.
Kennen is actually one of the strongest laners. His harassment and damage in lane is ridiculous and he really cant be forced out of lanes by other AP Carries. He runs in energy compared to other AP's who run on Mana, and if you run out of mana on an AP you are basically forced to recall or grab blue. His lane harass is crazy just by getting a lightning proc from auto attacks and W'ing for damage, or simply landing a low CD skill shot that does tons of damage. Yes auto attack harass is obvious but there arn't any other AP Carries that can trade auto attacks with Kennen. He is basically ungankable because of lightning rush giving him 600+ movement speed and magic resist, which is another reason why he beats other AP's. He really isn't that team dependent because of lightning rush, his stuns and his AOE ultimate that can easily take out 2+ people at a time.

11-22-2011   #4 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Krem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant future

Quote:
AP maokai is pretty suicidal.

Also i run shyvanna DPS/AD

11-22-2011   #5 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah... there's a reason the 1v1 tournament finals had only Kennens. What he lacks up in damage, he makes up for in using energy instead as well as AOE stuns. With spellvamp, his sustain is crazy good and can stay in lane indefinitely. Want examples of good Kennens? Check out Salce.

I personally haven't seen a good Shyvana yet, so I can't say much about her. The last one I saw chased me from enemy bot tower to ally bot tower and couldn't kill me in that time. No form of CC makes me not like her as much as a ganker.

Maokai? TheOddOne used him for basically the entire MLG Providence finals and wrecked face. Look up those recordings if you wanna see good play.

---

Between those champs, I'd say Fizz. Like Phreak said in his spotlight, you really need to take some risks with him. Risk for reward. His W is incredibly strong which requires you to really get right in the action. In laning, poke even once and a ton of enemy life goes bye bye.

11-22-2011   #6 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
Want examples of good Kennens? Check out Salce.
EG carrier.

Shyvana is a control jungler, like a gimped Phoenix Udyr. She has ridiculous jungling speed, giving her spare time to go frolic in the enemy jungle.
What she lacks in ganking prowess, she holds in keeping the enemy jungler in the ground.
What she lacks in CC, she gains in damage. While she's an autoattack champion, her primary source of damage is Burnout's flame aura/trail. She also synergizes well with other AD champions because her Flame Breath is -15% armor. She has no requirement to build damage, if any at all because her Flame Breath's second component, 15% of Flame Breath's damage dealt each attack on a marked enemy.
No CC is a huge deal in LoL though. If you're jungling, pray to god your lanes don't suck ass.

JUNGLE MAOKAI. ONLY ODDONE. Knockback is a form of hard CC. Albeit short, it's time that the opponent cannot do anything.

Fizz is most likely getting nerfed.

Kennen has stupid damage. Has an AoE stun. Has a flat movement speed steroid. Has many methods to stun.

---

Kennen can be hyper-aggressive and get out of situations as long as you play smart with your Lightning Rush up.

Shyvana, although supports hyper-aggression, has no method to do so outside of hyper-counter-jungling by pure speed. She has no innate sustain, no CC, a diminish-over-time movement speed steroid, a weak skillshot for harass, no gapcloser.

Maokai is aggressive in hurling saplings like an artillery. Outside of that, he's far from being someone that can harass an opponent out of lane because he has a gapcloser snare, a knockback slow, and saplings.

Galio has a movement speed steroid skillshot similar to Nocturne. AoE slow. Builds tanky to build damage. Defense shield that increases damage through passive. Harass strong, not that aggressive.

Fizz forum-claimed OP. Supports hyper-aggression with mini-Ghost passive and autoattack mitigation. Mini-Vlad pool. Gapcloser. DoT on-hit.

Kennen, Galio, or Fizz.
Probably Kennen.

11-23-2011   #7 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riolu

You've just shown me that both you and the other AP maokai died an incredible amount of times, and that there's a 23/4 mejai's brand + 14/4 crit GP in your team...?

AD/AS could work on shyv but it might be better to build slightly tanky at least since you know... you're jumping right into the enemy's faces.

11-25-2011   #8 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

I love fizz, here's what i did first time against another fizz:

11-26-2011   #9 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

I forgot to say, Fizz is an awesome counter VS Kass in mid.

If Kass tries to get close to farm, use Q (and poke a few times if possible).
If Kass tries to use Q, just dodge with E, and poke with Q if you want.

so lulz