ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   League of Legends (LoL) (http://ggftw.com/forum/league-legends-lol/)
-   -   League of Legends - Graves Patch Preview (http://ggftw.com/forum/league-legends-lol/103432-league-legends-graves-patch-preview.html)

Tardar 10-14-2011 11:19 PM

League of Legends - Graves Patch Preview

Nutshell:
>Hextech gets a nerf because everyone gets it on Dominion (though Morello argues that it's too great on the hybrids [Jax/Akali])
>Akali goes unchanged (scrubs QQ)
>Dominion is -10% constant EXP (PRAISE THE ALMIGHTY LORD)
>Dominion personal score now reflects Heimerdingerism (aka, defensive play)
>Corki's Gatling gets a rework
>Scarner gets a rework

maxpayne 10-15-2011 01:32 AM

FINALLY, a fcking decent buff for Skarner :py63:

There goes the HeGu stackers :py01:

Good nerfs and buffs for dominion .....

┏┓
┃┃
┃┃┏┫┃┏┳━━┓ ┏━━┓ ┃┗━┳━━┳━━┳━━┓
┃┃┣┫┗┛┫┃━┫ ┃┏┓┃ ┃┏┓┃┏┓┃━━┫━━┫
┃┗┫┃┏┓┫┃━┫ ┃┏┓┃ ┃┗┛┃┗┛┣━━┣━━┃
┗━┻┻┛┗┻━━┛ ┗┛┗┛ ┗━━┻━━┻━━┻━━┛

Eternal 10-15-2011 02:21 AM

skarner incoming new op

Ashee 10-15-2011 10:05 AM

skarner was already balanced, just his laning was terrible(manacosts duuh.. b> blue or manamune), jungle was fairly ok

Tardar 10-15-2011 07:34 PM

I greatly enjoy all the "wy u no narf Jax/Akali" Q-Q

Shugi 10-19-2011 03:31 PM

Played graves today. Feels so broken. AD Carry with a nuke.

Scathach 10-19-2011 10:37 PM

Akali still OP without gunblade. :'D <3

Kenzor 10-20-2011 03:55 AM

Played Graves in coop (since I don't have time to play a game vs real people) and I'm guessing he'll be nerfed a little soon. That ulti alone has way too much team fight power.

Sephyrr 10-24-2011 12:05 AM

Skarner buffs are nice. Still have yet to see if he can get things done in major team fights with regular farm (non-super fed), which I do not see happening yet. Typically, Skarners in most games I play suffer from not being able to complete much of their build. They spend lots of time trying to outharass or gank people by dragging them from their turrets. If they don't have a good lane match up (he is not that great with most match ups in the first place), it is very likely that he will be underfed. That means jungling could be a better option, but again, he has to get some items to deal damage...meaning he will not be very tanky in team fights.

Graves. The naturally tankiest ranged AD carry with the highest AD burst, an escape/attack speed steroid, and good (although hard to use) utility with his smoke. He falls off after a certain point without good and steady farm (like all ranged AD). Could use a little tweaking on Q's total damage output. Escape does not need a change. Smoke bomb does not need a change. Ultimate is an ULTIMATE, and I do not think it needs to change much either (maybe a little scaling bonus AD nerf on the ult).

Remember that OP champions that get nerfed used to become unplayable (some still do, i.e. Morde). Powerful champions should only get slight tweaks.

For Akali QQ'rs...there are ways to deal with Akali. Gragas will beat her in lane (assuming Gragas can land skillshots). Lee Sin can reveal her. She's an easy target for your carry that is not getting focused by her (she can only really deal with one target at a time).

Ashee 10-24-2011 01:17 AM

^how does gragas beats akali when she just always walks up to him, spamming her Q and even if you hit your Q on her, you cant farm because she will trigger her mark

not dieing to her and farming goes well though, even after lvl 6

Tardar 10-24-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashee (Post 1625715)
^how does gragas beats akali when she just always walks up to him, spamming her Q and even if you hit your Q on her, you cant farm because she will trigger her mark

not dieing to her and farming goes well though, even after lvl 6

Why are you letting Akali walk to you? Pre-6, Akali is so easy to deal with in lane because she has barely any real harass whatsoever. Also, Gragas's W gives a fairly decent damage reduction.

Shugi 10-24-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephyrr (Post 1625697)
Skarner buffs are nice. Still have yet to see if he can get things done in major team fights with regular farm (non-super fed), which I do not see happening yet. Typically, Skarners in most games I play suffer from not being able to complete much of their build. They spend lots of time trying to outharass or gank people by dragging them from their turrets. If they don't have a good lane match up (he is not that great with most match ups in the first place), it is very likely that he will be underfed. That means jungling could be a better option, but again, he has to get some items to deal damage...meaning he will not be very tanky in team fights.

Graves. The naturally tankiest ranged AD carry with the highest AD burst, an escape/attack speed steroid, and good (although hard to use) utility with his smoke. He falls off after a certain point without good and steady farm (like all ranged AD). Could use a little tweaking on Q's total damage output. Escape does not need a change. Smoke bomb does not need a change. Ultimate is an ULTIMATE, and I do not think it needs to change much either (maybe a little scaling bonus AD nerf on the ult).

Remember that OP champions that get nerfed used to become unplayable (some still do, i.e. Morde). Powerful champions should only get slight tweaks.

For Akali QQ'rs...there are ways to deal with Akali. Gragas will beat her in lane (assuming Gragas can land skillshots). Lee Sin can reveal her. She's an easy target for your carry that is not getting focused by her (she can only really deal with one target at a time).

I personally find Skarner to be quite balanced now. You don't need a complete build for him to do well. As long as you jungle and have a good presence in the lanes your lanes will win. He's not the strongest ganker, but he's quite fun now with the proper items. I personally just get a Wit's end and a Trinity Force after and that's all the items I usually need before the game ends.

Kenzor 10-24-2011 11:38 AM

Skarner is alright, he should be played and built like Irelia, killing squishies with auto attack+short bursts.
Except he doesn't have a gap closer, which is why it's slightly more tough to do things with him.