ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > League of Legends (LoL)

Grand Fantasia
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-05-2011   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Grand ChaseMapleStoryTrickster OnlineLa Tale

RaineScarlet is a jewel in the roughRaineScarlet is a jewel in the roughRaineScarlet is a jewel in the rough
IGN: RaineScarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudBiscuit
@Sona, She kinda seems sucky to play now. And yeah, her heal was like one of the weakest in the game before the patch and now they made it even weaker lol.
I think she's still viable, and I've been a Sona main for ever. Dunno if it's because I got more experienced with the game but, ever since the heal patch (as Prona):
-I die less
-I kill more
-I am better able to keep my teammates alive

Her armor/mr aura buff is pretty good, I wouldn't underestimate it, especially early-mid game. That's how I bait the enemy into tower diving, only to walk out with 2 kills under my or my teammate's belt, as it cuts the damage to about half. The heal nerf isn't too bad, though it does suck when I'm 5-10 HP off from preventing an Ignite kill.

Spoiler!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-05-2011   #22 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Sona's heal is pretty trash. 65 MP for 25 to 125 HP. Cool trade. And an entire 0.1 AP ratio nerf. Awesome.
Soraka heals for more than that much base, higher AP ratio, and provides more armor even with the new double aura buff. Oh, and it's select target.
Aria of Perseverance is just bad now. If it healed ALL allies in range, that'd be cool and make it much better considering how it heals for LESS THAN A POTION. But of course, they tried to make it a "clutch" heal on one target but it's not even a clutch now, it's a "you now have an aura saying you will probably die in the next attack."

Your killing is probably attributed to the "buff" (read: BUG FIX) to the missing 20% damage on some of her aura Power Cords.

I feel like the only thing I should be doing with Sona is trolling with AP caster with Lich Bane or AD carry with TriForce now.

09-06-2011   #23 (permalink)
Reading
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleLeague of LegendsNeo Steam
Awards Facebook Fan

Scathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud ofScathach has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaineScarlet
Her armor/mr aura buff is pretty good, I wouldn't underestimate it, especially early-mid game. That's how I bait the enemy into tower diving, only to walk out with 2 kills under my or my teammate's belt, as it cuts the damage to about half. The heal nerf isn't too bad, though it does suck when I'm 5-10 HP off from preventing an Ignite kill.
I just don't like how AP Sona isn't as viable as she used to be. Her heals would be just fine when she was AP. But now even with AP, it's trash. And it sucks how they're "passively" telling us that Sona should be built only one way. To get aura items. It's not fair lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
Aria of Perseverance is just bad now. If it healed ALL allies in range, that'd be cool and make it much better considering how it heals for LESS THAN A POTION.
Exactly. Her heals just suck.

09-08-2011   #24 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Screw babysit support, here's a retarded AP carry Sona.
Laned bot with a friend's Soraka versus Corki/Vayne. Derp as hell.