ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Character Types > LaTale Wizards

Grand Fantasia
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-08-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

TsukiUsagi is on a distinguished road
Default Question about Water Wizard - Bard

I read the guides for water wizard and bard in the guide section, and I have some questions (Note: I'm strictly staff user. I'm not going to use dagger at all):

1) Can I follow TraderJoe's Water Wizard and promote to Bard? Or I have to have heal skills like in Tuksun's Healing Water Wizard Build in order to promote to Bard?

2) With all of the pet choices right now in the Fashion Shop, which one is best for Water Wizard/Bard? I'm not planning on getting those rare/coupon pet from LaDeck nor buying it from other players. Although my bf has a Tengu coupon and he is willingly giving it to me.

3) I heard a lot of people said that the Cure/Remove Curse skills are useless. Is it true? Because I'm going to be a semi-party/solo, what is the recommended Misc skill for me?

I know these are kinda too many questions but I really want to clear them out because starting allocate my skill points. If you find posts that could answer my questions, please post because I might have missed them.

Thank you

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-08-2011   #2 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

Question One
You get a free reset when you Job Advance at level 80. It doesn't matter which way you choose.
Personally, I prefer the offensive build instead of learning the Wizard's heal skills. Those heal for a pretty low amount, which pots can easily help recover. In a mobby situation, pots > Wizard heal since you stand still when casting it.

Question Two
For FS, most players tend to get Gumiho for the Critical Damage increase. If your BF is willing to let you use the Tengu, you could use that instead. Tengu is nice in that it provides you with +11% Max Physical/Magical Damage and +6% Minimum Physical/Magical Damage at level 20.

Priring and Black Cat are nice but not in a PVE sense. Both are geared more towards PVP since Priring increases Accuracy and Black Cat increases Evasion.

Question Three
Yes Cure Poison/Cure Disease is useless.
No one knows what Cure Disease does. Cure Poison is pointless because most monsters that use Poison can Poison pretty fast once the previous one has ended.

As a Wizard, you only need Magic Upgrade.

When you advance into a Bard, you'll still get Magic Upgrade but what tree you go down depends on what type of Bard you want.
Elemental Flow's tree is nice in that you regain HP/SP at random when you successfully landed a magical hit. Crit tree is to increase your Crit Rate/Crit Damage. Purification Tree is independent and that's mostly for healing support.

You can look through the Bard Skills on our Wiki to see which path you might like.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

02-08-2011   #3 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsukiUsagi
I read the guides for water wizard and bard in the guide section, and I have some questions (Note: I'm strictly staff user. I'm not going to use dagger at all):

1) Can I follow TraderJoe's Water Wizard and promote to Bard? Or I have to have heal skills like in Tuksun's Healing Water Wizard Build in order to promote to Bard?

2) With all of the pet choices right now in the Fashion Shop, which one is best for Water Wizard/Bard? I'm not planning on getting those rare/coupon pet from LaDeck nor buying it from other players. Although my bf has a Tengu coupon and he is willingly giving it to me.

3) I heard a lot of people said that the Cure/Remove Curse skills are useless. Is it true? Because I'm going to be a semi-party/solo, what is the recommended Misc skill for me?

I know these are kinda too many questions but I really want to clear them out because starting allocate my skill points. If you find posts that could answer my questions, please post because I might have missed them.

Thank you
1)You can, if you like, but I'll just warn you right now. It's rather painful to go pure water at such a low level. You can't really infinite combo with water (maybe, because they added delay time for the combo meter).
2)I would snag the tengu from you bf, that's rather nice of him o_o. Alternates are brownie (if you can afford), that blue penguin if it's still in the FS, and Maid Domesti/Steward. The kitty from the FS if you are going to stack evasion. There's some others but I can't think of any right now.

3)Cure/Remove Curse skills are useless. I can't even think of anything they heal. As for cure poison, there are so few monsters that have a deadly poison that you would need the skill.

Also, I do suggest going dagger/shield for 1-80 (dagger skills until 60), it's much easier survival wise, and even if you get the best enchants on your staff they won't really make a difference at low levels.

edit: omg mirae y u ninja me

02-08-2011   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Thank you guys

I think I will reconsider the weapon choice. I thought that staff would give me more magic atk than dagger although I know what dagger, I have extra defense. Correct me if I'm wrong about the m.atk between staff and dagger. Will the m.atk decrease significantly if I use dagger instead of staff?

02-08-2011   #5 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thank you guys

I think I will reconsider the weapon choice. I thought that staff would give me more magic atk than dagger although I know what dagger, I have extra defense. Correct me if I'm wrong about the m.atk between staff and dagger. Will the m.atk decrease significantly if I use dagger instead of staff?
No, that is because your magic attack is most significantly affected by your elemental stone. Ele stones give the actual water/wind/element stat, which is gives much more magic attack power than even min/max magic damage on a staff.

02-08-2011   #6 (permalink)
Special
Games
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute

Both Dagger and Staff's attack value shown on the equipment is Physical only. The only thing that benefits you is the Magic Accuracy bonus from the staves.

Pretty much, there shouldn't be any difference between using a Dagger or Staff. Your stone will determine your damage outcome so always try to get the stone for your level since it increases your elemental intensity (based on what stone you use).
Water skills = water stone.

Edit: Now you ninjaed me Sandrie. >:

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

02-09-2011   #7 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
IGN: Devilit
Class: Raven lt_explorer
Level: 60
Guild: Majestic
Xfire: riolu

Quote:
Thank you guys

Use a privaring dagger, it gives some great boosts for magic users.

02-09-2011   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Spirit
Games
La TaleElswordDragon Nest

kmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: kmelfina/GoneAria/Slyphil
Class: Priest/Elementalist/BM lt_mage
Level: 24/17/1
Guild: Syraix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riolu
Use a privaring dagger, it gives some great boosts for magic users. after a physical attack has activated the Privaring Dagger's effect
Fixed.

I just had Dagger/Magic skills on my 2nd wizard account to Sorc.

When I hit Lv 72 I ditched the Privaring for a Javawalk Dagger since the TMDD + Min Magic Damage.

02-09-2011   #9 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
IGN: Devilit
Class: Raven lt_explorer
Level: 60
Guild: Majestic
Xfire: riolu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmelfina
I am not a reliable source.
Fixed.

The privaring dagger gives a permanent 8% min magic damage and 10% TMDD.

02-09-2011   #10 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riolu
Fixed.

The privaring dagger gives a permanent 8% min magic damage and 10% TMDD.
hey, be nice D:

I would get a javawalk dagger once you are a higher level though, a +9 java dagger will be a higher level (172?) than a +9 privaring dagger (14X?), and it also has more min magic damage and TMDD, presumably because of the level difference.

02-09-2011   #11 (permalink)
Special
Games

Both of you (kmelfina and Riolu) are talking of different things. :x

Privaring Dagger does provide the Minimum Magic Damage and TMD boost. kmelfina is referring to the activation effect (Magic Critical Damage/Rate). If I remember correctly, he should be correct about it requiring a physical attack to activate it.

02-09-2011   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Errr, don't PRivaring dagger is a special dagger? I suppose it gonna cost a lot of money...

Could someone give me a link for dagger water wizard? I want to take a look at it.

Right now I'm still sticking with staff and doing the running jumping around my mob...

Yes, I decided to go pure water wizard till 2nd job then switch to bard Please give me advice for this route if you have any. Thanks

02-09-2011   #13 (permalink)
Special
Games

Yes, it's a special dagger but the coupon is ridiculously cheap now with the event that ends tonight. you exchange the coupons at Toma in Event map, which is the left warp of Belos.

A Dagger Water Wizard is just one that learns both dagger and water skills.

02-09-2011   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

You mean the weapon coupon is on sale right now in FS??? OMG, why didn't I see it? Which tab it belongs to?

02-09-2011   #15 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

Quote:
You mean the weapon coupon is on sale right now in FS??? OMG, why didn't I see it? Which tab it belongs to?
No, he's referring to the boxes from the back to school event. You can probably get one for super cheap.

Or actually, I'll give you a few. rofl

02-09-2011   #16 (permalink)
Special
Games

No. It's from those Gift Boxes that you get from completing things. The NPC is to the left of the Mail Man in Elias.
Gift Boxes contain a bunch of random items though so you'll need quite a few before you can get some of the weapon coupons.
Edit: Ninjaed. :[