ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Character Types > LaTale Wizards

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-28-2011   #1 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games
La TaleMapleStoryCosmic BreakElsword

Lime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BelleGlacier
Class: Trap Highlander lt_warlord
Level: 195
Guild: Luminary
Default Fire/Wind EM: Parasensory vs. Wind Walk vs. Maxing 5th.

Okay, I intend to abuse both 5th tiers as a fire/wind EM. at lv 173.

The problem is, im extremely limited in misc choices.

After getting all the good stuff (getting both advance masteries to lv 10 and maxing the II skills, Crown, Rune and such) i'm left with 46 SP to spare.

Going for parasensory will make me give up a few skill levels to get the 55 sp i need for it, but offers cooldown reduction on fire and my 5ths as well as some damage passives so i dont lose as much damage from the skill levels lost. I'd leave my 5th skills at 1 to achieve this.

Going for Wind Walk would only cost me 20 sp, leaving me free to get either my 5ths to lv 5 for each. OR get that misc skill that gives me 3% more crit rate.

Or. i could just use those skill points to max my 5ths completely.

Which path would you suggest for someone who wants to spam away in colo expert?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-28-2011   #2 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Trickery
Class: Sorcerer
Guild: FrenchBread

For Colosseum Expert, you don't need Wind Walk since the place is a confined area.

Personally, I found the 3% crit rate to be not much help. I didn't notice any difference in my crit rate (even when I lowered my luck too). If you have a low crit rate, it's better to ignore. Plus, magical evasion is kind of useless too.

To me, the cooldown from Parasensory and 5th tier seem to be the better answer in terms of speed vs damage. You probably could have killed a monster faster without critting before you actually got a crit to 1hko the monster.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

01-28-2011   #3 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Guild: FrenchBread

parasensory is nice, especially with the crown skills. if youre not going to max your 5ths it would be nice to have so the cool down on them kinda pans out with other ppls maxed 5th

i agree with jerry face, unless youve stacked a ton of crit rate and luck already its better to just not get the crit rate misc. although he is right about wind walk and colo id personally have it anyways since im sure you wont be using your EM for colo and colo only (plus wind walk will increase your wind intensity by 30 points at max)

just as a personal opinion, the advanced masteries are ok since they give 20 intensity to the respective element but if youre limited on skill points on i dont think its worth shelling out the 20 points to max both of them :x

01-28-2011   #4 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games
La TaleMapleStoryCosmic BreakElsword

Lime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BelleGlacier
Class: Trap Highlander lt_warlord
Guild: Luminary

i learned the hard way on the uselessness of the 4th masteries :[ and im still using a low level ele stone, they can only get more useless for me.

Thanks u guys! now my only curiosity is how much damage i lose from not maxing my 5ths.

01-28-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
La TaleGunbound

MisterGlass is a jewel in the roughMisterGlass is a jewel in the roughMisterGlass is a jewel in the rough

I'd personally go for maxing them as the cooldown reduction is only slightly less than than what you'd lose(gain?) from having maxed parasensory on a level 1 5th tier. The trade off is justified as each level in a 5th tier gives a very noticeable boost in damage.

01-28-2011   #6 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games
La TaleDragon SagaGrand FantasiaMapleStory

LilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Evey
Class: The Master Of Coli Pickle Sticks: Queen Weinerlooks
Level: 14X
Guild: TrueHeaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGlass
I'd personally go for maxing them as the cooldown reduction is only slightly less than than what you'd lose(gain?) from having maxed parasensory on a level 1 5th tier. The trade off is justified as each level in a 5th tier gives a very noticeable boost in damage.
What MisterGlass saaaaaid.

But, I do find Parasensory to be extremely useful. It allows me to spam my meteor pole more than I normally could. The 10% cooldown is decent too (I found it to be very worthwhile when using fire, and heck, even when using water to some degree). The power boost is also nice, and elemental flow+elemental protection allows for potfree grinding half the time.

You could just get parasensory and pour the rest of the points into whichever 5th tier you think is the best. (imo fire would be the best. All the magic-users 5th tiers hit around the same damage.)

IE:
Earth: 6 hits ~ 3 of them crit
Fire: 2 hits ~ 1 of them crit
This means they both deal roughly the same damage. Fire's 5th tier stuns monsters on the first hit and keeps them stunned, the second hit sends any survivors flying to give you some space. So that's probably much more useful than wind's 5th tier. And as you might recall, 5th tier has a lower cool down for some reason. Fire is also the shortest of all the 5th tiers, thus leaving you less vulnerable if a monster joins the party after the first hit was executed.

ANYWHO! If you find yourself running low on AP from time to time, Parasensory is your best bet. Also, maxing out a meteor pole is a good idea as well. The damage is quite godly, and the move can practically be spammed. All of them deal the same damage, so just pick the one you think is the prettiest/you have the most elemental intensity to back up.

Last edited by LilPhenyl; 01-28-2011 at 01:04 PM.