ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Character Types > LaTale Wizards

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-08-2010   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
La TaleDragon Saga

Holyanabunny is on a distinguished road
IGN: Holyana/DLH/Angela
Class: Bow RW/Minstrel/Wind EM lt_treasurehunter
Level: 19x/19x/19x
Guild: Royalty
Default Sorc stuff...

So here I sit with my level 111 sorc now...trying to decide what set is best to use for later:

the level 130 Set (I never can remember the name)

or

one of the coli sets, which of course brings me to the question: which one? Stam would be useful but all that extra magic would of course be also useful.

My issue is the time factor involved with the coli sets. My goodness they take forever to get and the fact that the annoying NPC could hand me a piece of junk is slightly irksome.

Staying away from the PvP set...already have the bard in that and not dealing with that farming again.

Last edited by Holyanabunny; 12-08-2010 at 11:12 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-09-2010   #2 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
IGN: Devilit
Class: Raven lt_explorer
Level: 60
Guild: Majestic
Xfire: riolu

Xtatic is the easiest/cheapest/best to get imo because it's the easiest to get enchanted at 100% with the help of a friend.

That way it can get the highest enchants possible out of the three kinds of sets.

12-09-2010   #3 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games
La TaleDragon SagaGrand FantasiaMapleStory

LilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Evey
Class: The Master Of Coli Pickle Sticks: Queen Weinerlooks
Level: 14X
Guild: TrueHeaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riolu
Xtatic is the easiest/cheapest/best to get imo because it's the easiest to get enchanted at 100% with the help of a friend.

That way it can get the highest enchants possible out of the three kinds of sets.
What he said. The Xtactic set is kind of like the Epic PvP set's forgotten twin brother. It is much better than the coliseum sets, especially since they give great set options, gives better cover, and it also functions in PvP.

12-09-2010   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
La TaleDragon Saga

I have to admit...the extra crit rate from the one coli piece and the full set option of crit rate is tempting (the rest of the full set option fails, its junk o.o) Though it was pointed out to me today that there is a craftable (M) hat that gives 3% magic crit rate as well but of course that doesn't come with the other nifty set bonuses that the other two do.

I know the Xtatic set is way easier to get and maintain for that matter. Not to mention I could potentially get pieces with more than 2 stats and I wouldn't have to deal with all that coli farming. Also the full set bonuses is nice...

Never can make up my mind about this stuff...

12-09-2010   #5 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

LilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyanabunny
I have to admit...the extra crit rate from the one coli piece and the full set option of crit rate is tempting (the rest of the full set option fails, its junk o.o) Though it was pointed out to me today that there is a craftable (M) hat that gives 3% magic crit rate as well but of course that doesn't come with the other nifty set bonuses that the other two do.

I know the Xtatic set is way easier to get and maintain for that matter. Not to mention I could potentially get pieces with more than 2 stats and I wouldn't have to deal with all that coli farming. Also the full set bonuses is nice...

Never can make up my mind about this stuff...
Coli is nice, but so is Xtatic. Just go with the Xtatic - especially since it'll be cheaper and faster to obtain. If you're lucky, you might even get an option on the pieces.

The coli set is crap after you get a 4th piece though, as it cuts your jumping ability by 55%. It's safe to say that's BAD for a frail class that usually needs to kite.

12-09-2010   #6 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future

If this helps you out, bards are better the more magic they have, crit helps you out but it's still nothing compared to having damage high enough to kill-tank anything.

-coming from a bard fully-enchanted with magic who holds his own against 6 red ninjas and a white one at the same time-

@Phenyl - it actually adds to your jumping by 55% and not deducting.

12-09-2010   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
La TaleDragon Saga

Not a bard here...a sorc...my bard is already in pvp armor

I know more magic helps, both sets give a substantial magic boost so that isn't a factor. Another sorc buddy of mine talked me into going down the Crit misc tree and I have seen a huge boon to having that extra 3% of magic crit rate.

Sure wish that Coli Mana set didn't fail so hard with the full set bonuses...its worse than the level 80 magic set

12-09-2010   #8 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

What element?

12-09-2010   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
La TaleDragon Saga

Wind...I know I know 'how typical and boring of me' but I just like the wind animations and style of play more so than the other elements. Already have the bard so didnt bother with water, fire was too slow for my liking and I found earth to just be 'meh' really.

Wind just had the fast attack speeds and the range I like, not to mention I am in Cali so my latency is awesome for it...so I joined the legions of other wind sorcs

12-09-2010   #10 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Get moar magic then, wind's damage gets broken up when fighting others so having more magic to kb would help out a lot more than hoping for crits.

12-09-2010   #11 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riolu
@Phenyl - it actually adds to your jumping by 55% and not deducting.
I figured it did since it killing off stats would be weird - but it still said -55%. Hence the confusion.

Anyway, I'd recommend a "slower" element if you have good latency. It makes chaining easier. Fire or Earth would be good. But you should have at least 100% crit damage to make it worth your while, otherwise, the speedier elements will stack up more DPS over the two. Well... That's not true. Fire will still hit hard regardless and so will Earth, but Wind/Water are far more spammable.

(I only say that because wind has a nasty KBing issue until you get a great weapon/stone, but if you like it, stick with it; don't be afraid to try anything different either.)

Also, skip magic stacking(it's useless in the long run). You want luck, stamina, and loads of crit rate/damage. As a magic user, your skills will always be the slowest compared to most classes. However, your skills tend to be the strongest when it comes to hitting multiple monsters(for the most part). As such, you want crits to modify your skeeeelz's damage.

12-09-2010   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
La TaleDragon Saga

Am working on stacking crit rate as much as I can, hence why the Coli set looks so tempting. Finding stuff with magic crit rate isn't easy, not like you can slap on a tiger ring and call it a day (yes I know tiger rings and things that don't say MAGIC crit don't help)

I have a wind ballong gem waiting til I get to the right level...going to eventually work on getting a ped orb. Wish they'd add the mermaid urns in game or had a higher drop rate to make up an optioned ballong

Seems the usual 'luck and stam' advice is probably good for the build I am working on.

I do have a great orb, a 4x/4x and a good stone, a 3x/3x so kbing isnt too much of an issue right now...I think I just like the range of the wind and the faster attacks. People are saying though that fire after 125 is awesome, so I may give that a try but odds are I'll stick wind.

12-09-2010   #13 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

if you need help finding magic crit rate stuff this thread has most/all of what you can get
/forum/latale-wizard...highlight=crit

12-09-2010   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
La TaleDragon Saga

Ah yes...thank you Cowhead!

Will have to remember to bookmark that list

12-10-2010   #15 (permalink)
./Queet
Games
La TaleAngels OnlineAuditionDofus

Aubree will become famous soon enoughAubree will become famous soon enough

yeshh; get hooked on crit rate stacking +___+ ... we must go do dot nuri lv4 together twinny ! ..../runs for dotnuri then trips and lands flat on my face

gogogo super a (M) mithril hat 8'D ... i'm too cheap to go super mine /o/... and well i was actually using it just temporarily. but after hearing you guys say that a full coli set sucks. well. then that just makes me not want to get it /o/. .. not that.. i would get it anytime soon. since i don't grind/farm. 8'D...

&&LF>Next tier in crafting ): i want a opt pedo orb.. D8

Last edited by Aubree; 12-10-2010 at 10:07 AM.

12-10-2010   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
La TaleDragon Saga

Aaand of course I have to find out that the PvP magic set, the hat gives 1% crit rate, not to mention when you upgrade the gloves you get crit damage ontop of the one you enchant *sigh*

I just hate how the PvP set doesn't have damage def. decrease...my bard, while running through the woodheads at level 193 (if they manage to get a hit), can still take almost 70something points of damage. Yeah I know, its a stupidly small amount from her 12k hp but still...means she takes 70 instead of 1 like everyone else. Yes I know you can boost stam on the set but the thought of breaking upgraded pieces hurts...a lot...

12-10-2010   #17 (permalink)
aeiou
Special
Games
La TaleVindictusShattered GalaxyRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

xdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to xdgr
IGN: xdgr
Class: dubbls lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Puella Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyanabunny
Yes I know you can boost stam on the set but the thought of breaking upgraded pieces hurts...a lot...
ironic since it hurts even more from not upgrading them, ww

12-11-2010   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
La TaleDragon Saga

I know I know!

If I do invest in the pvp armor again, means investing in more supers...oh well might as well buy them while they are cheap now.

Maybe I'll just invest in both sets, the PvP and the Xtatic...never hurts to have both options I suppose.

12-12-2010   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Contradiction is on a distinguished road

To be Honest Mana set is not useless at all, before i had it, my base was about 900 and rare 1k's now my base is 1.5 and crits are 3k-9k. the more magic you have the better actually.
The set is magic itself, so you can still stack your stam luck and MORE MAGIC if the dura/options allow you too.The full set kind of sucks but what my damage went to it's amazing.

Behind The meaning of life.
||Pandabearx3||Duelist||Level: 140||Vacation
||xDuh||Level: 163|| Farming mule
||iExpectation|| Warrior|| Level: 70|| Active

Been here since: 8/Dec/09
Will be here tell: A New Deity Starts with me.