ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Character Types > LaTale Wizards

Iris Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-07-2010   #1 (permalink)
Rem
take my hand ʚɞ
Games
La TaleFiestaTrickster OnlinePerfect World

Rem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud of
Class: Elemental Master lt_sorcerer
Level: 160
Guild: Arctic
Default Best pet for wizard ?

So i kinda came back to Latale for a bit, im a lv. 35 wizard. I wanted to buy a pet but i want to know which one would be best if possible >.<; Thank you for your time !

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-07-2010   #2 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Trickery
Class: Sorcerer
Guild: FrenchBread

This really depends on whether you have the money to buy the coupon pets or not.
If you can throw out like 60mil+, you should try getting a Brownie. Other useful coupon pets would be White Tiger or Pink/Fat Panda.

If not, a Gumiho is a good pet from the FS.

At low levels, a pet doesn't really help much because of your low damage. Adding on that most monsters can be easily killed.

Home is where someone is thinking about you
crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

10-07-2010   #3 (permalink)
Rem
take my hand ʚɞ
Games

Rem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirae
This really depends on whether you have the money to buy the coupon pets or not.
If you can throw out like 60mil+, you should try getting a Brownie. Other useful coupon pets would be White Tiger or Pink/Fat Panda.

If not, a Gumiho is a good pet from the FS.

At low levels, a pet doesn't really help much because of your low damage. Adding on that most monsters can be easily killed.
Oh, so your saying i should wait until im higher lv? Seeing as im only lv. 35, i thought it would help me with like more hp, or something like that. I was just wondering because i had left overs and thought i'd benefit with buying a pet..

10-07-2010   #4 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195

just about any pet is useless for a low level in terms of their abilities (aside from the passive HP boosts that brownie and the pandas have) due to the fact that the pet abilities work in percentages. since you have low values of everything theyre not that helpful. the exceptions are choky (eva boost), priring (accuracy boost), black cat (eva boost), shaggy dog (accuracy boost), and toby/sirop (ely gain and idr boost)

if you think about the long run then id go with what mirae said. brownie would probably be the best and most liked if you plan on getting to 140+, theyre also in the new gift boxes so there may be deflation (but i wouldnt bet on it too much xD). pandas and gumiho are good for crit damage, but if you cant get those tengu, maid domesti, and steward stewart are good as well (tengu is better than maid and steward)

also you dont have to wait, since most pets come with auto loot that helps a lot and you can level it up as you do too (unless you were gonna give it a bead)

10-07-2010   #5 (permalink)
Rem
take my hand ʚɞ
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredomKillz
just about any pet is useless for a low level in terms of their abilities (aside from the passive HP boosts that brownie and the pandas have) due to the fact that the pet abilities work in percentages. since you have low values of everything theyre not that helpful. the exceptions are choky (eva boost), priring (accuracy boost), black cat (eva boost), shaggy dog (accuracy boost), and toby/sirop (ely gain and idr boost)

if you think about the long run then id go with what mirae said. brownie would probably be the best and most liked if you plan on getting to 140+, theyre also in the new gift boxes so there may be deflation (but i wouldnt bet on it too much xD). pandas and gumiho are good for crit damage, but if you cant get those tengu, maid domesti, and steward stewart are good as well (tengu is better than maid and steward)

also you dont have to wait, since most pets come with auto loot that helps a lot and you can level it up as you do too (unless you were gonna give it a bead)

The brownie and panada pet though, i dont see if in the fashionshop, i was kinda limiting my pet options for only fashionshop pets ( since i have the astros). But i can save in game money for those u have mentioned and spend it on something else, thank you so much you 2 ^^

10-07-2010   #6 (permalink)
Special
Games
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute

All the more stronger/useful pets are coupons only. :x
Not all pets increase your HP unless you enchant it with Stamina. The pet's level determines how high you can enchant it.

10-07-2010   #7 (permalink)
Rem
take my hand ʚɞ
Games

Quote:
All the more stronger/useful pets are coupons only. :x
Not all pets increase your HP unless you enchant it with Stamina. The pet's level determines how high you can enchant it.

Ok that kind of confuses me xD what do you mean by coupon? where can i get one and for how much?

10-07-2010   #8 (permalink)
Special
Games

Coupon pets are all from 1st place LaDeck. It really depends whether you're lucky or not on getting 1st place.
Players also sell them but most of the good ones (Brownie, White Tiger, Pink/Fat Panda, etc) are priced at 60mil or higher.

Sometimes OGP will place these coupons inside lolboxes, which is currently being sold in FS right now.

10-07-2010   #9 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195

actually i think only brownie is 60m+
the others should be below that, but i havent really lurked the FM in like a week or 2 xD

10-07-2010   #10 (permalink)
Rem
take my hand ʚɞ
Games

Oh ok, what is the current lolboxes in fashionshop atm? (sorry i cannot tell) ><;

10-07-2010   #11 (permalink)
Special
Games

When you check your Fashion Shop, it's the first item called Gift Box.
You get one item at random from the list when you open it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlp12
[Steward Stewart Coupon] received.
[Brownie Coupon] received.
[Maid Domesti Coupon] received.
[Bundle of Love] received.
[Ladeck 1st Place Emoticon] received.
[The Lovely Lady Luck Pack ] received.
[Ladeck 2nd Place Emoticon] received.
[Small XP Potion] received.
[Medium XP Potion] received.
[Server Megaphone] received.
[Purchase God Guidebook] received.
[Purchase King Guidebook] received.
[Channel Megaphone] received.
[IR Transporter] received.
[Snow Raccoon's Ticket] received.
[Superior Ely Nostrum] received.
[Small Grape Potion] received.
[Enhanced Item Nostrum] received.
[* Large Cherry Potion] received.
[* Large Soda Potion] received.

10-07-2010   #12 (permalink)
Rem
take my hand ʚɞ
Games

Quote:
When you check your Fashion Shop, it's the first item called Gift Box.
You get one item at random from the list when you open it.
ok thank you very much mirae!

10-08-2010   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Spirit
Games
La TaleElswordDragon Nest

kmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: kmelfina/GoneAria/Slyphil
Class: Priest/Elementalist/BM lt_mage
Level: 24/17/1
Guild: Syraix

I gave my wizard a Brownie for the TDD. Nothing can go wrong with that since the 5% (or more since I heard people researched that it grants more at Lv 20) TDD is constant for all enemies, and works real well on enemies that have high defenses.

10-09-2010   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
La TaleDragon Saga

Holyanabunny is on a distinguished road
IGN: Holyana/DLH/Angela
Class: Bow RW/Minstrel/Wind EM lt_treasurehunter
Level: 19x/19x/19x
Guild: Royalty

Brownie is probably going to be your best bet...the easiest way to get the ingame cash to buy one would be to sell the astros to someone. You can get about 150k per astro right now and just about everyone in game would buy them.

Also, from what I have heard, the Brownies TDD goes up each time she levels so by level 20 she has 15% TDD.

If you want to try for a crit build instead, the Pink Panda or White Tiger could be a way to go...or you could just buy the Gumiho.

Personally I gave my bard a Brownie

11-28-2010   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Cadbuary is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Cadbuary, poupou89
Class: Spear Warlord, Wind Sorceror lt_sorcerer
Level: 193, 194
Guild: Polar <333

I myself choose Tengu over Crit. pets for my wind sorceror, well because I think both Phy/Magic min. max. damages would be reaaaaally useful and are like double boosts for my future phantom mage, which will be using both magic and physical attacks it's my personal opinion though