ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Character Types > LaTale Wizards

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-29-2008   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

PsychoK is on a distinguished road
Question Wizard Questions

I'm trying to decide on a few things for my Wind Witch. The Wiki's a little lacking on info right now, so I need some help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Tale Wiki
Elemental Protection
Description: Temporarily recover your HP and SP. Additional Effect: Magic immunity for a short time.
1) How much HP and SP is recovered? I see the duration is listed as 10 seconds, but skills like Wind Walk have a base time of 723 seconds which is multiplied by the level of the skill (according to the Wiki). It is certain that Elemental Protection has a 10 second duration regardless of what level the skill is (because that sounds kind of crappy...)? Though 10 seconds does sound like a suitable "short time" for the magic immunity part (I'm guessing that anything magic based won't effect you whatsoever. Damage or debuff). Maybe the immunity is always 10 seconds but the recovery is not?

2) On the Wiki the max skill level for Rage of Elements is not listed. Does anyone know what it is? If it's 3 like Potential of Elements, I pretty much have no reason to go along that passive route. Hm, while I'm on the subject, what is the base critical damage percentage anyway?

3) Does the Undine-Dione Heal skill chain heal by a certain percentage or by a set HP range?

Quote:
Wind Elemental Mastery [Expert]
Description: Raises wind magic attack as well as evasion rate.
4) Is this "evasion rate" mentioned in the above quote physical attack evasion (like Elemental Harmony), magical attack evasion (like Magical Detection), or both?

5) Is the self-heal series worth learning? It's a set HP value, so I'm wondering if the HP it heals is adequate for the levels they can be learned.

My wind witch is very low level at the time I'm writing this and when I tried the skill out in Closed/Open Beta, I did not like it too much since I'm very limited on SP (and will be until level 20 most likely) and use of this skill makes you stand sill and do an animation, whereas a potion just acts so you can continue your combo or something. Advice?

6) Does Mind Square work on the caster as well? If so, the increased HP and SP recovery only applies when you're sitting, right? I cannot think of what else it would apply to except Elemental Protection maybe.

7) What is "*insert element* attack damage?" For example, on this dagger fire attack damage is given and on this staff both fire and wind attack damage are given. This means that fire and wind spells are stronger if I have them, otherwise it does nothing, right (So if I slashed something with that dagger and slashed something it would not take minuscule fire damage or something. I was thinking something like Trickster's elemental weapon enchantments...)?

I have those currently equipped but my elemental stats did not have a plus next to them, so I was not sure. I was considering using this on something if it means my wind spells will be stronger.

So, if this does apply to just spells and is not some elemental damage upon impact kind of thing, the max water damage on this (or anything similar) just applies to spells?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by PsychoK; 11-08-2008 at 10:18 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-29-2008   #2 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

Quote:
How much HP and SP is recovered? I see the duration is listed as 10 seconds, but skills like Wind Walk have a base time of 723 seconds which is multiplied by the level of the skill (according to the Wiki) It is certain that Elemental Protection has a 10 second duration regardless of what level the skill is (because that sounds kind of crappy...)? Though 10 seconds does sound like a suitable "short time" for the magic immunity part (I'm guessing that anything magic based won't effect you whatsoever. Damage or debuff). Maybe the immunity is always 10 seconds but the recovery is not?
We don't know. The skill info we have, are mostly taken from jLT/jWiki. So far, we've upgraded the name and description to match eLT's. It's safe to assume that jLT isn't like eLT, since buffs like Wind Walk, or Stone Armor, do not last for more than 5 minutes, as oppose to 11~minutes in jLT. So unless someone's willing to test everything out, we're short on info. (However, there IS a chart on the Skill Simulator..I just haven't been bothered to check them all out)

My guess is that the "magic immunity" works like full Hyunmuu set. You still get hit by skills, but not spells.

Quote:
On the Wiki the max skill level for Rage of Elements is not listed. Does anyone know what it is? If it's 3 like Potential of Elements, I pretty much have no reason to go along that passive route. Hm, while I'm on the subject, what is the base critical damage percentage anyway?
I believe it's 10. Again, since there were a lot of stuff to be done and like 4 people working on LT Wiki section, it's hard to go through everything. (this is why we need members to help!) I have no idea about based Critical damage.

Quote:
Does the Undine-Dione Heal skill chain heal by a certain percentage or by a set HP range?
It pretty much works like your offensive skill. There's a certain rage it would heal. Heals can critical, or missed. However, I haven't seen mine missed. (Yet?)

08-31-2008   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Question 4 added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudaranai
I believe it's 10. Again, since there were a lot of stuff to be done and like 4 people working on LT Wiki section, it's hard to go through everything. (this is why we need members to help!) I have no idea about based Critical damage.
Well, the Wiki does say it costs 1 skill point per level, so this is definitely possible. Examining the issue, I came across something interesting. Explorers have a passive that increases their critical rate too, but the Wiki is a bit confusing about the max skill level. That can be seen here as question 1.

Quote:
It pretty much works like your offensive skill. There's a certain rage it would heal. Heals can critical, or missed. However, I haven't seen mine missed. (Yet?)
Is it a self-heal or party heal? I'd doubt a self-heal would ever miss, but perhaps a party heal could. That sounds reasonable to me.

(Random: You put two spaces after periods. You're not the first person I've seen do this, but it baffles me D= .)

08-31-2008   #4 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute

I always put 2 spaces after a period when I write an essay or a paper..lol It's a habit +_+

I still don't know about which heals would miss..maybe someone else has experience this, lol

08-31-2008   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Quote:
I always put 2 spaces after a period when I write an essay or a paper..lol It's a habit +_+

I still don't know about which heals would miss..maybe someone else has experience this, lol
Bizarre. I happen to have a good amount of friends that are East Asian females and most, if not all, do this too . Somehow, I don't think that's relevant... *ponders such questions.*

Maybe heals just have some huge accuracy modifier and some boss would have to cast some sort of ultra accuracy debuff for you to start missing.

09-26-2008   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Question

(Am I allowed to double post? Since this is ongoing, I thought I'd use this topic and not start a new one.)

Quote:
Wind Elemental Mastery [Expert]
Notes: Adds 1 to base wind stat per level up. 1% increase to evasion rate per level up.
That first part is something I am not understanding too well. "Adds 1 to base wind stat per level up." Right now, on my level 7 Wind Witch, her Wind stat (the one without the shield, that's resistance) says 23. I assume that 10 into this passive would make it 33, right?

If that is so, what does this really mean in light of what the previous passive does?

Quote:
Wind Elemental Mastery [Skilled]
Description: Increases minimum and maximum wind element magic damage by 1% per level.
Should I assume that the +10 to my base Wind stat from the expert passive would do more for me than the +10% to min. and max Wind magic damage from this passive?

I guess you can consider all of this an extension to question 4, even though that one is just asking about the nature of the evasion rate from WM [Expert]. Is it to physical attacks, magic attacks, or maybe just to enemy wind magic attacks (that would suck...).

09-27-2008   #7 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

They're different. The first assumption, in theory, is correct. (I didn' tbother learning Expert passive skills in OB, and I don't plan to for a while)

In LT, there are a lot of contributing factors. The Skilled passive simply adds, at master, 10% to your max and min. magical damage output, while the Expert adds to you Elemental STAT. The very same stats that are on the elemental stones, which effects your damage greatly.

10-17-2008   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Exclamation

Question 5 added. Question 4 reworded for better understanding. I'll do a better update of the first post in a little while.

10-17-2008   #9 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

4) "Raises Wind magic attack stats and Evasion Rate. Increases Wind stats by 1 and Magic Evasion Rate by 1% per level." Taken from OGP's site itself.

5)From experience, it's not really worth learning until you're in your late 20's early 30's. That's when you'll be using it the most. I admit though that when I level, I very rarely use Dione heals. It's really for emergency. Most of the time, I've use the heal skills in dungeon instances.

PS, I finally got around to test out the Mastery [Expert] and they do add your Elemental STAT by 1 per level. Unfortunately, I have not tested this with Earth's.

10-17-2008   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Question 6 added.

I'm willing to bet Earth would work the same way, just with resistance. Not sure how useful that really would be though.

10-17-2008   #11 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

It works on everyone, including the casters and non-party members. And yes, only when you are resting/sitting, which is why this skill is such a dilemma. It really does increase your recovery rate by a lot, but the fact that you have to sit for that to happen is such a turn off.

10-24-2008   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Darkoda is on a distinguished road
IGN: Darkoda
Class: Pyromanic lt_sorcerer
Level: 8x
Guild: Cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoK
Hm, while I'm on the subject, what is the base critical damage percentage anyway?

I'm not sure if luck has any influence on your magic critical rate, but from my tests, at least my magic critical rate cannot be more than 16% and that's being generous.

Looking at Potential of Element's wording, I came to a few conclusions:

1) A 3% boost to something that's already a percentage has far less influence than if it was a whole number.

2) Going with this, the only possible way 3% critical rate could be worth the nine levels of skill points is if your critical rate was already very high on its own to make the boost slightly worthwhile, which it isn't.

3) Potiential of elements is a massive ripoff. Rage of elements doesn't come into play because a 10% boost in critical damage means little if your critical rate is low to begin with.

4) However, there are additional misc skills for both trees once you job advance to a sorcerer according to the wiki, and those might make the investment worth it. Whether or not it does though, you do get a free reset upon job advancement, so you can simply get the skills then if it is worth it at that point.

5) I think i's best to stick with the Protection/master line because if nothing else, you know that 10% magic damage is something that will be noticeable

11-08-2008   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Exclamation

Question 7 added. Hm, I really do need to format this and my similar topics.

11-08-2008   #14 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

For number 7, you should be looking for [Element] Power puzzles and not "enchant" The [element] Power puzzles can only be added to your elemental stones. They come in percentage. Those are the ones that effect your skill's damages. They're Max and Min. The ones that you showed us (ex. Fire Att. Damage +14) only effects physical attacks. (you're basically adding elemental attacks to your sword, like TO!)

11-08-2008   #15 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

KouNeeSama will become famous soon enough
IGN: "BlancNeige" / "MeowTan"
Class: Sorceress / $$$
Level: 115 / 72

Quote:
you're basically adding elemental attacks to your sword
so a water elemental sword will do more damage inside evil lair ?_?

11-08-2008   #16 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Darkoda is on a distinguished road
IGN: Darkoda
Class: Pyromanic lt_sorcerer
Level: 8x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KouNeeSama
so a water elemental sword will do more damage inside evil lair ?_?
Monsters don't appear to have any elemental weaknesses (yet). It will just add on some extra damage to a physical attack.

11-09-2008   #17 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

meh, i'm glad they don't actually have weaknesses (cause this means they can't be resistant to your element), but this defeat the whole purpose of those 4 enchantment

oh well, thank you for explaination

11-09-2008   #18 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

It might be just me, but water skills did more damage in Invoke's than other skills with the same level. That's how it felt.

Last edited by Kudaranai; 11-09-2008 at 01:39 AM.

11-09-2008   #19 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

unfortunately we cannot test it properly, as damage differs from element to element, the only way to find out would be a monster with same def and elemental affinities as an evil lair mob