ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Character Types > LaTale Wizards

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-24-2008   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Grand ChaseMapleStoryTrickster OnlineLa Tale

RaineScarlet is a jewel in the roughRaineScarlet is a jewel in the roughRaineScarlet is a jewel in the rough
IGN: RaineScarlet
Default Ice Shield

The Wizard forum seems rather lonely lately.

Anyway, I have a question for those people who have a high leveled ice shield (the water element buff). Is there even a noticeable difference in the speed of monsters when you have that buff on? I only have level 2, and the monsters seem to attack me like normal (might just be lag though, lolwut).

Just wondering, because so far, this skill seems like a waste. I wouldn't want to make the same mistake in the Official version.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-24-2008   #2 (permalink)
Always be myself
Awards Event Winner

Azusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to all
IGN: I dunno, lol
Class: I dunno, lol
Level: I dunno, lol
Guild: ShiningRay

It has been speculated that the only permanently/long-term useful elemental buff skill is Wind Walk.

Here's why:

Fire Enchant - WOO, fixed bonus damage! +50~100 damage when you do 3000 is oh so helpful.

Ice Shield - WOO, the enemies slow down! But who cares, they should be dying fast enough that it doesn't matter.

Stone Armor - Semi-useful. Reduces damage by a fixed amount ... but then subtracting 20~70 damage from 500 doesn't really help you.

And of course, you should be aware that a single character cannot be affected by more than one elemental buff at the same time.

... so that brings me to Wind Walk.

+70% Movement Speed means you move faster and thus reach the next monster quicker, more speed makes it easy to maneuver when training/bossing and this will always be useful until the end of time.

In short, all other elemental buffs are useful in the early stages of the game. In the long run, Wind Walk.

Hope that helped... or something...

yaeka | 155 | Dagger Treasure Hunter | Little Templar
IchigoParfait | 145 | Power Blader | Valkyrie Schoolgirl

08-24-2008   #3 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

i think it's because wind walk is based on percent while the others are fixed amounts

08-24-2008   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

JelloTime is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to JelloTime

As Azusa said, Wind Walk is probably the only elemental buff you would want.

The others are not worth getting.

Unless of course ice shield slows down Mr. Turtle boss so much that you'll have to wait 1 minute before he comes to you.

But I haven't seen that happen.

Last edited by JelloTime; 08-24-2008 at 11:10 PM.

08-25-2008   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Grand ChaseMapleStoryTrickster OnlineLa Tale

RaineScarlet is a jewel in the roughRaineScarlet is a jewel in the roughRaineScarlet is a jewel in the rough
IGN: RaineScarlet

Yes, that helps a lot. So no Ice shield in Official. With this, I have gathered enough data to make a good Water Mage.

I also realized that even though Ice Shield supposedly debuff's a monster's speed, you still dash faster (most of the time unless there's a special uber speedy monster I haven't gotten up to yet). And it doesn't effect a monster's attack speed. Fail D: I usually tank out a monster's damage instead of running, so this sort of buff is useless for me. It might be better if.. say.. water didn't have absolute crap for range. At least the first 2 spells.