ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Character Types > LaTale Wizards

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-26-2009   #1 (permalink)
Crash into me!

Authentic will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Authentic
IGN: Authentic
Level: 30
Default Bard SP allocation halp!

ohay gaiz!

I'm about to hit 80 any year now and was wondering what skills to max/put SP in as soon as I advance. I've been lurking MMOG and official forums but there's little to no indication of what would be considered an 'official' skill build for a party/support type bard?

From the current advice I've been given/read Elemental Flow is the Misc. skill tree route to go down but I'm not too sure if I'm supposed to go down that path ASAP or wait until I'm past a certain level before spending points in that misc. skill tree branch etc.

Current SP arrangement for a FS Bard
[For level 80. Once I get a feel of my skills I'll decide where I'll go from there, I hope it's on track. xD]

Feel free to add/remove/change the SP around providing an explanation as to why you did so I can understand a little more.

Spoiler!

tl;dr

A) What's a safe and overused Full Support skill tree that's recommended for the newly advanced Bardy Bard?

B) Is Elemental Flow really a necessity that it has to be maxed ASAP? Or should I take my time getting there. By what level should I have my first skill point in there and what level roughly should it be maxed?

C) I'm nervous that I'll stuff my build up cause I'm new to being a bard and don't want to waste my ely reskilling so please halp. :>

Thank you.

Last edited by Authentic; 09-26-2009 at 11:56 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-26-2009   #2 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

Don't bother with the mind square/healing tree. Mind square is useless because you have to sit for it to kick in (which I'm sure not many people do while grinding).

A:The MOST IMPORTANT STUFF is all the heals, evil sound, sound of heart, and sound of spirit. Magic upgrade is pretty good too.
Water skills aren't necessary. The masteries are useful too, EXCEPT the expert. That one is a waste of points (Just put 1 so your elemental can take effect)
oh also, level 90 heal>recovery sound (heals faster more , heals you too, spammable)
B: Elemental flow isn't necessary at all unless you are a grindaholic and want to attempt to save pots. Even then I wouldn't recommend it until level 90 (when you are able to max it). It's more for soloing too.

I should finish my bard guide ._.

edit:Since you probably want this:
Spoiler!

I think that's it...

Last edited by Sandrie; 09-26-2009 at 12:38 PM.

09-26-2009   #3 (permalink)
Crash into me!

^ Aah okay that puts alot of things in perspective for me then. :>

I've noticed that Bards these day don't have Recovery Sound. Is it a bad skill to have now? .-. [Edit: Thank you, just read your edit after posting this. xD]

I'll definitely disregard Mind Square from now on, guess it's only a useful skill from 1-80.

With the extra SP floating around from 80-90 [Not including the 4SP needed for Guitar Group Heal at level 90] should I be putting them in the Elemental Flow tree or is there something else you'd recommend? I don't see myself PvPing at all unless it's against friends for lols so I'm not too concerned about getting Water skills unless they're needed.

@Holy Sound: It only raises defence by 150 per level and it can only be raised 5 levels. Is it worth getting and how much of a difference does it make receiving damage wise?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure I don't screw up before I even start. .-.

09-26-2009   #4 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute

Water skills are kind of useful in PvE but not necessary. The only reason you might need it is if your evil sound is on cooldown, but evil sound's cooldown isn't all that high anyway. And maybe for abusing hailstone/ice fear(spear) vertical range.

For elemental flow you are free to put it before 90, the only reason why I say 90 is because that's the level requirement for maxing it out (with 100 sp/hp per activation). But it's fine if you add it before then, you get that 10% max magic damage skill before then.
edit:I can't think of anywhere else you'd want/need sp in before 90.

I'm not 100% sure about it but I'm told it is a 30% defense increase along with the 10% XP buff[edit:This is at max asdf]. I'd use it more for the exp buff lol (but this is much more useful than offense sound or recovery sound)

Last edited by Sandrie; 09-26-2009 at 01:51 PM.

09-26-2009   #5 (permalink)
Crash into me!

I'll definitely mull over which skills to take up first and what can come later, Elemental Flow [EF] for example. For every SP in it it adds 10 HP/MP every activation I wouldn't really notice a difference until it's at least around level 5 or so.

With EF's activation effect, and attacking with Evil Sound does each hit have a 7% chance to activate the effect. Or does hitting 6 monters at once only add up to a 7% chance to recover HP/MP?

Eg. Hitting 6 monsters with Evil Sound = 7% chance of activating maxed EF then the max you can recover per Evil Sound wave is 100MP.

Or

Hitting 6 monsters with Evil Sound = 7% chance of each hit activating maxed EF, meaning EF has a chance of restoring 700HP/MP per Evil Sound wave if all hits were successful in activating a maxed EF?

I've never fully understood how it worked but if it's the latter then the skill's waaay more useful then I originally thought. Will be something to look forward to around level 95-100.

Thanks for helping me understand Bards skills a ton more Sandrie! Would've put points in Mind Square at level 80 if it weren't for you.

09-26-2009   #6 (permalink)
Crash into me!

Also, I'll definitely be going with this build once I advance.

Spoiler!

Which is basically the one you posted a few posts earlier lol. Looks pro and can't wait to try it out once I hit 80.

Last edited by Authentic; 09-26-2009 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Total cost of obtaining said skills at level 80

09-26-2009   #7 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic
With EF's activation effect, and attacking with Evil Sound does each hit have a 7% chance to activate the effect. Or does hitting 6 monters at once only add up to a 7% chance to recover HP/MP?

Eg. Hitting 6 monsters with Evil Sound = 7% chance of activating maxed EF then the max you can recover per Evil Sound wave is 100MP.

Or

Hitting 6 monsters with Evil Sound = 7% chance of each hit activating maxed EF, meaning EF has a chance of restoring 700HP/MP per Evil Sound wave if all hits were successful in activating a maxed EF?
I don't know who got 7% (i know is an estimation from the wiki) and what they meant by that.

I assume it's per hit. I can get quite a few heals in just one evil sound.

09-26-2009   #8 (permalink)
Crash into me!

^ Then that's epically epic. Do want, can't wait until I'm around level 95 or so to start investing some points in it. Definitely something I'm going to be looking forward too/keep me interested in leveling past level 100 for.

Thanks again Sandrie for all the help you've provided me with in this thread.

Would use all my rep on you if I could. :3

09-26-2009   #9 (permalink)
Crash into me!

^ Thanks man. I'm glad I made this thread here asking for advice/help as my current SP build definitely looks better then the one initially planned.

By choosing Holy Sound over the other two it provides a defence boost [30% if Sandrie is correct? Or whatever the amount is] and won't get replaced in future levels by other skills. I'm glad I got that question out of the way too, it was the one bugging me most since most threads I've read said little to nothing about Recovery Sound and/or Holy Sound with no explanation.

On paper Recovery Sound seems like a great skill being a Healing of Time [HoT] skill and all but by the time you hit 90 and grab Guitar Group Heal Recovery Sound's made redundant. It's just so weird since the last time I played every Bard and their mother had Recovery Sound, how times have changed. xD

I was dead set on using my first skill build too. Thanks to Sandrie my new SP build feels complete.

Can't wait to advance.

09-27-2009   #10 (permalink)
VIP

KillerTofu will become famous soon enoughKillerTofu will become famous soon enough
IGN: Ermortai
Class: Bloop lt_templar
Level: 167
Guild: Kirameki

There is one way I could see Recovery Sound being useful. If you and a party are in a mob of monsters, gradually being battered down by them, the healing over time could be just as effective, but cost less SP than using several guitar heals. I wouldn't say it's worth the skill points, though. >.>;

Holy Sound definitely doesn't add a flat 150 defense per level like the wiki says. Lv3 added 18% defense, and Lv4 added 24% for me. I'm almost certain it adds 6% per skill level, so I edited the wiki to suggest that.

10-01-2009   #11 (permalink)
Crash into me!

Finally hit Bard a few hours ago.

Used this build and it's epic, the amount of SP needed to cast Evil/Holy Sound is pretty steep though. .-. About Holy Sound, after I've initially casted it do I use it every 50-60 seconds for the exp buff or only use it again after the duration of the skill is up?

I'm a party bard but I've no idea where to find grinding partners/maps that I don't have to solo on? Guess I'll be making another thread in the Hunting Grounds section soon enough. xD

Thanks in advance for the help. =)

10-01-2009   #12 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

KouNeeSama will become famous soon enough
IGN: "BlancNeige" / "MeowTan"
Class: Sorceress / $$$
Level: 115 / 72
Guild: Cookies

grats auth~

10-01-2009   #13 (permalink)
Crash into me!

Thanks Blanc! <3

I might even be able to train with you someday. 8D

L> Party

10-01-2009   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

DarkSpear is on a distinguished road
IGN: DarkDragonxX
Class: PewPew Gunz lt_gunslinger
Level: 83 Back alive!
Guild: AuraBorus <3.

Omggggg I saw you at Neo navies today! :X.

anyways on topic, congratz on bard 8D~.

10-01-2009   #15 (permalink)
Crash into me!

^ Looool 8D

You were the guy who I asked to change channels? I remember now. xD That place gets so crowded sometimes. :x

Thanks for the congrats, now all I need is to find some grinding partners.

/stares at anyone in the 80-90 level tier

10-01-2009   #16 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic
Used this build and it's epic, the amount of SP needed to cast Evil/Holy Sound is pretty steep though. .-. About Holy Sound, after I've initially casted it do I use it every 50-60 seconds for the exp buff or only use it again after the duration of the skill is up?

I'm a party bard but I've no idea where to find grinding partners/maps that I don't have to solo on? Guess I'll be making another thread in the Hunting Grounds section soon enough. xD

Thanks in advance for the help. =)

Congrats on bard!

Uh, let's see, you don't have to cast it every 60 seconds per say, especially if you don't have the sp to do it. Most people won't even wait for the full buff anyway.
So it's your choice. If you feel that 10% for the amount of sp is worth it, go and spam it. Otherwise just use it whenever :u

As for parties, I suggest abyss ruins, better exp and it's more suited to party than lilliput where everything does 5 damage to you.

Or I guess you can pick from here [stole from my unfinished lolguide]
Quote:
80~85
Neo Navies (Lilliput Sea)
Lilliput Highway
Grells (stronger mobs than lilliput)
Other alternatives
Javawalks (these hit hard)
Ktuka Ruins 5
85~90
Grells
Lilliput (better off if you have trouble with Abyss)
Campers (Abyss Ruins 5 is not recommended until later)
Hippocampus (if you can take the mobs)
Coralas (these get mobby and are hard at these levels)
Vongole Train (whenever OGP decides to release it)
EDIT: Urk, old guide is old, I suggest Lizards in Toad Island (Er the second one...mountain?)

10-01-2009   #17 (permalink)
Crash into me!

^ Aah okay thanks alot Sandrie! Yeah 300SP every minute for a 10% exp buff seemed a little steep to me. The cast time for Holy Sound's full effect takes forever and a half though. .-. I'm still happy you helped me choose it over the other two.
I ran into a Bard who skilled Offense Sound, wasn't as useful as a def buff/boost. :3 I'm glad both these skills can be used simultaneously instead of overwriting each other.

Cool thanks for the leveling list! The hard thing right now however is finding people/a party willing to go to Lizardmen with me. xD

Also, raaaaaaage at Sound of Heart taking 10 casts to give me a Magic Boost. :<