ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Character Types > LaTale Wizards

Prius Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-02-2008   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

PsychoK is on a distinguished road
Default Quick ?: Elemental strengths & resistances?

I was just wondering what they are in this this game. Here's my guess:

Water > Fire (...Seriously?)
Fire > Wind (Wind is a temperature-based phenomena, so with something hot like fire...)
Wind > Earth (Strong winds erode dry earth)
Earth > Water (A rock slide from the mountainside drops into a river and cuts off its flow)

I'm pretty sure I'm right, but I had ask. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Those "reasons" were put in as decoration only D= .

Last edited by PsychoK; 08-02-2008 at 06:54 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-02-2008   #2 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

water makes rocks break + erosion???
wind blows out fire???
rock beats paper, paper is made from wood, wood is from trees, which need water to grow, therefore rock>water
fire burns trees, which are planted in the earth, therefore fire>earth
water puts out fire

08-02-2008   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

PsychoK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePhuc
water makes rocks break + erosion???
wind blows out fire???
rock beats paper, paper is made from wood, wood is from trees, which need water to grow, therefore rock>water
fire burns trees, which are planted in the earth, therefore fire>earth
water puts out fire
Well, a bit unrelated I guess, but let's see here.

Water > Earth ("Rock"): Rocks at the bottom of a river are likely to be eroded due to the constant flow of water above it. This has something to do with sedimentary rocks.

Wind > Fire: Only if the wind is substantially greater than the flame. Take the big bad wolf that blew houses down and put him against a candle and the wolf will win every time. A wildfire (conflagration!) on the other hand would just spread and get more dangerous.

Earth ("Rock") > Water ("Paper"): No, it's paper > rock > scissors > paper. Even if you wanted to change this to Water > Rock, it's just...

Fire > Earth ("Trees"): I think the concept of "Earth" being used here is soil, rocks, and other ground stuff and not plants. In that regard, I think a tremendous amount of earth can be used to help put out fire. At least, I think I recall helicopter dropping something that was not water on wildfires. If this is so, it'd actually be Earth > Fire.

08-02-2008   #4 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

KouNeeSama will become famous soon enough
IGN: "BlancNeige" / "MeowTan"
Class: Sorceress / $$$
Level: 115 / 72
Guild: Cookies

i don't see what are you trying to say, in game there are resistances to every element, so fire damages you to fire, if you want to damage him probably fire will not do the works, but i can't be sure, since i'm wind (however i think that every spell works right, since you can't use multiple branch spells and be a good mage)

08-02-2008   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura aboutfieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Look behind you and ask them.

Maybe it's an open-element system, like Trickster?

Rather than being Fire, so Water hurts a monster, perhaps that monster is just water-weak regardless of how proficient it is in fire? Still, location-appropriate weaknesses (rather than strengths) do make sense. You don't go into a lava pit and expect the monsters there to drink water or lay on beds of ice.

But, I don't know. All the monsters I've checked on the wiki so far don't show any correlations between the strength of one element versus the weakness of another.

TrueSilverFox and Mon_Ami roamed Caballa together in Trickster Online, searching its ruins of splendor.

Valeria, sworn only to her sword and herself, traverses Erinn in Mabinogi with her pet silver fox, Truesilver.

"Whoa, TrueSilverFox, girl! Anyone ever tell you you look like some sun-bronzed Greek Goddess these days?"

08-02-2008   #6 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

if monsters have elemental relations and you're fire, would that mean that you can't go at all in evil dragon lair ? would be stupid ^^

08-02-2008   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura aboutfieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Look behind you and ask them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KouNeeSama
if monsters have elemental relations and you're fire, would that mean that you can't go at all in evil dragon lair ? would be stupid ^^
Only if they absorb fire. Element absorbers early on in any game are rare.

TrueSilverFox and Mon_Ami roamed Caballa together in Trickster Online, searching its ruins of splendor.

Valeria, sworn only to her sword and herself, traverses Erinn in Mabinogi with her pet silver fox, Truesilver.

"Whoa, TrueSilverFox, girl! Anyone ever tell you you look like some sun-bronzed Greek Goddess these days?"

08-02-2008   #8 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

you don't get what i'm saying, the game is structured so mages can use Efficiently only 1 element, so forbidding them from some places... it's not nice at all

Last edited by KouNeeSama; 08-02-2008 at 04:38 PM.