ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Character Types > LaTale Wizards

Zero Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Zero Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-31-2008   #1 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

KouNeeSama will become famous soon enough
IGN: "BlancNeige" / "MeowTan"
Class: Sorceress / $$$
Level: 115 / 72
Guild: Cookies
Default A sad fact

Mage is boring at least till lev 20, the level where you can finally get your second atk skill... before that is all a, magic, phys hit, magic, phys hit, and you miss a lot with both also..

miss --> combo break --> no exp bonus --> slower level ups
frail --> get more damage --> die fast --> slower level ups

i hope at lev 20 it gets interesting, or else i will begin with treasure hunter as main and get mage forward little by little (actually bows rocks, i saw some in pluton using skills with 7 mobs near that didn't die and killed eeeeverything :\)

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-31-2008   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Junior is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Junior
IGN: JinLagun
Class: Mage lt_mage
Level: 2X
Guild: BunnyBrigade

hm thanks for the heads up, let us know if at level 20 gets better :3
since ill be making one at OB id like to know as much as possible

07-31-2008   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

UncleBobbie is on a distinguished road
IGN: UncleBobbie, in all of em
Level: Noob. ._.
Xfire: Nope

I actually got my mage to lvl 26 in Clt, and i don't really think it's hard to lvl or boring ._.
But then again i was water mage with heal so always in party ;O;

07-31-2008   #4 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

if you party it's better, trust me, else you'll get killed tons of times, cause the respawn time is quite high, so if you're killing one and another appears near.. you're dead.

if you die before killing them means no exp, if you resurrect in dng there's also an exp loss.. better to party, at least from 7 to 20, so you get 2 spells and can finally combo..
when you hit them, they back a little, same with you, when you're hitted, you back a little (and the casting cancels) i've gone with wind, that's the faster in cast time (2° faster in cool time), can manage 1 monster my level by using hp pots (if they're 2, i'm dead), i don't know what would change with other elements (but if they hit you while you cast.. so i think fire is a bit of fail in the beginning), i reccoment you to find a nice element to keep (the "final" one) and another element that will be the one you use at creation, to level till 80 (so you start with a speedy element, and when you can get damage or resist more, you can go with a more massive but slow one, that said, i think i will however stick always with wind, i'm the type that usually can kill anything with speed and running around :F)

07-31-2008   #5 (permalink)
Mei
/gg FTW! Addict

Mei is on a distinguished road
IGN: Cherish
Class: Soul Master
Guild: Red Dragon

Hm, what good would a part do? Does it give experience bonuses? I've been whacking monsters with my staff all evening, and I just called it a night after reaching level nine.

I don't use any spells except for heal.

^ very outdated ^

For the record, I've fallen off the face of online gaming but I've missed you guys. ;~;

07-31-2008   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Zune is on a distinguished road
IGN: Flapjack
Class: Wizard
Level: 2x

Yeah, it's much easier to level up as a mage if you're in a party. Going solo is a pain, especially in the CB since you can't enchant and upgrade your armor so you're stuck with mismatched things and whatnot.

Once you hit 20, that's when it gets funner. Well, at least for me. Just got a new spell that does nice damage.

08-01-2008   #7 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

Being in party is a lot more enjoyable too. Training alone is boring.

08-01-2008   #8 (permalink)
This is Dumb

WafflyWaffles will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to WafflyWaffles Send a message via MSN to WafflyWaffles
IGN: Wafflez/Frenchtoastz/
Class: Spear Warlord/Fail Bard lt_warlord
Level: 11x/9x
Guild: Frenchbread/Cookies

ijm on my way too 20 as a water wizard
lol 6 moar lvls o3o

08-02-2008   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

PsychoK is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

*reached level 8* Okay. I did have some minor help from my level 18 Explorer (a little bit of ely and some equips not found in the store like the level 6 staff), but my Wizard is doing just fine. Her only problem is running out of SP very fast. Hopefully being able to use the bigger SP potions at level 10 will help her. Here's an excerpt of my build:

Level 02: Wind Elemental Mastery [Novice] (1)
Level 03: Wind Cutter (1)
Level 04: Earth Elemental Mastery [Novice] (1)
Level 05: Earth Dragon (1)
Level 06: Fire Elemental Mastery [Novice] (1)
Level 07: Fire Burst (1)
Level 08: Wind Cutter (2)
Level 09: Wind Elemental Mastery [Novice] (1)
Level 10: Wind Cutter (3)

I know that wizards function best with one element because they simply don't have the skill points to branch into many (Wind will be my primary). However, due to wizards' low HP and defense, I really do not want to whack things and the hard attack is quite crappy since it takes a while to use even the uncharged blast. So for the sake of making low levels go by faster, I went for three attack skills as soon as possible.

I could have went with Wind Cutter and Bubble Bubble (both have a 2.5 second recharge) and I'm pretty sure there would be no significant (in any) lag time between alternating these skills, but I like the fact that Earth Dragon and Fire Burst push me back, making the foes have to take even more time to reach me. Not to mention, these two elements hurt the most at that level.

So my attack chain goes like Wind Cutter, Earth Dragon, Fire Blast, Wind Cutter...you see how it is. There is no need for a pause at all (unless SP runs out of course) and the monsters I've fought so don't really get to do much of anything to me, hence why I've yet to die. I've been soloing too.

So the only time I do physical hits are to chip off some last bits of HP on a monster that isn't worth casting a spell for. I avoid the hard attack like the plague unless I'm sniping something or doing a first strike. Anyway, Wizards definitely are not newbie friendly, it seems, but I think I'd have done okay if she were my first character. *shrug*

If all goes well, I'll have a build put up somewhere, maybe.

08-02-2008   #10 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

as i said, with a 2° spell is much, MUCH better, i can also combo 9 on some monster, also there is a map where grinding is reeeeally easy (it will be overcrowded :F)

however i can't say much cause i've spent more points than what i should have (used like 33 pt and i'm nowhere near lev 34)

08-09-2008   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura aboutfieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Look behind you and ask them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoK
*reached level 8* Okay. I did have some minor help from my level 18 Explorer (a little bit of ely and some equips not found in the store like the level 6 staff), but my Wizard is doing just fine. Her only problem is running out of SP very fast. Hopefully being able to use the bigger SP potions at level 10 will help her. Here's an excerpt of my build:

Level 02: Wind Elemental Mastery [Novice] (1)
Level 03: Wind Cutter (1)
Level 04: Earth Elemental Mastery [Novice] (1)
Level 05: Earth Dragon (1)
Level 06: Fire Elemental Mastery [Novice] (1)
Level 07: Fire Burst (1)
Level 08: Wind Cutter (2)
Level 09: Wind Elemental Mastery [Novice] (1)
Level 10: Wind Cutter (3)

I know that wizards function best with one element because they simply don't have the skill points to branch into many (Wind will be my primary). However, due to wizards' low HP and defense, I really do not want to whack things and the hard attack is quite crappy since it takes a while to use even the uncharged blast. So for the sake of making low levels go by faster, I went for three attack skills as soon as possible.

I could have went with Wind Cutter and Bubble Bubble (both have a 2.5 second recharge) and I'm pretty sure there would be no significant (in any) lag time between alternating these skills, but I like the fact that Earth Dragon and Fire Burst push me back, making the foes have to take even more time to reach me. Not to mention, these two elements hurt the most at that level.

So my attack chain goes like Wind Cutter, Earth Dragon, Fire Blast, Wind Cutter...you see how it is. There is no need for a pause at all (unless SP runs out of course) and the monsters I've fought so don't really get to do much of anything to me, hence why I've yet to die. I've been soloing too.

So the only time I do physical hits are to chip off some last bits of HP on a monster that isn't worth casting a spell for. I avoid the hard attack like the plague unless I'm sniping something or doing a first strike. Anyway, Wizards definitely are not newbie friendly, it seems, but I think I'd have done okay if she were my first character. *shrug*

If all goes well, I'll have a build put up somewhere, maybe.
You know, I'm looking at this, and I must say, I'm really intrigued by this. I've been hearing a lot of talk before CBT started about how Mages should stick with one or two elements, but I think a "Combo Mage" build deserves another look.

Making up for the lack of extremely powerful skills endgame, this becomes a more versatile build. Taking each element to a certain level, getting some decent support spells in each, and choosing one element to represent your approach to battle (power, speed, control, mob-ability) could actually make for a very versatile support Mage. I need to study the paths each element can take for Sorcerer and Artist, though. You'd end up with a lot of buffs/debuffs, healing abilities, and one of your elements moderately invested, with the other elemental attacks to cover that one. Your SP costs would be lower, you'd be able to keep up a barrage that very few enemies would be 100% prepared for.

I'm going to keep an eye on Mage skills, though I'm not exactly about to rush out and make one myself at the moment (I've got a Knight and three different Warriors to focus on, first). It's interesting, and I'd like to see it succeed both in execution and practicality.

TrueSilverFox and Mon_Ami roamed Caballa together in Trickster Online, searching its ruins of splendor.

Valeria, sworn only to her sword and herself, traverses Erinn in Mabinogi with her pet silver fox, Truesilver.

"Whoa, TrueSilverFox, girl! Anyone ever tell you you look like some sun-bronzed Greek Goddess these days?"

08-09-2008   #12 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute

The downside of that is..elemental buffs cannot be stacked. =|

08-09-2008   #13 (permalink)
Forsaken Valkyrie
Games
Trickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook Fan

Rtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to all
IGN: Tankality
Class: Paladin lt_templar
Level: 8x
Guild: Delirium Trigger

The only sad thing is that first jobs progress is completely ereased at 2nd job advancement. But this dose allow us to experiement with this new build and see if it works out.

Let me know how it goes, I'd love to add a chapter to my wizard guide.
When i get around to updating it that is..

08-09-2008   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura aboutfieryshadowcard has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Look behind you and ask them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudaranai
The downside of that is..elemental buffs cannot be stacked. =|
And thus it rains on my happy little picnic. -_-

Oh, well. I'll test it out eventually regardless. o:

Edit: @Rtothef: Also, why does everyone say that the 1st Job skills get erased as of 2nd Job? Everytime I check the wiki, the 2nd Job skills use many 1st Job skills as prereqs. Can't you still use them? D:

TrueSilverFox and Mon_Ami roamed Caballa together in Trickster Online, searching its ruins of splendor.

Valeria, sworn only to her sword and herself, traverses Erinn in Mabinogi with her pet silver fox, Truesilver.

"Whoa, TrueSilverFox, girl! Anyone ever tell you you look like some sun-bronzed Greek Goddess these days?"

Last edited by fieryshadowcard; 08-09-2008 at 10:23 PM.

08-09-2008   #15 (permalink)
Forsaken Valkyrie
Games

Rtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to all

Not... really.

Think of it like this:
Warrior has two paths, Warlord and Blader.
A Warlord is a overgrown Warrior.

Same goes for Knight->Templar, Wizard->Mage, Explorer->Treasure Hunter.
They get the same skills as 1st job, but they are more powerfu and have different effects. They have no preq from 1st job.

You do not carry on ANY skills from 1st job.

08-09-2008   #16 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

uh no..You can still learn your 1st job skills. You simply get a skill reset, that's all. You can relearn them.

08-09-2008   #17 (permalink)
Forsaken Valkyrie
Games

lolwut?

orly? I r wanna see.

Plusorz if you could do that then you could get two identical skills but with different power and abusorz it. So theory phailz.

08-09-2008   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

JelloTime is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to JelloTime

Its possible to get maxed lvl of the strongest spell of each element and have 15 skill points left over with 1 point in each basic element mastery. FYI if anyone needs this info.

Probably enough to get 1 supporting skill and half of another supporting skill.
Or you can choose to max out all the basic masteries for whatever reason. @__@

08-09-2008   #19 (permalink)
Forsaken Valkyrie
Games

Very useful information.

08-09-2008   #20 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtothef
lolwut?

orly? I r wanna see.

Plusorz if you could do that then you could get two identical skills but with different power and abusorz it. So theory phailz.
How do you think sorcerers combo?

Hi, first job and 2nd job skills.
γƒ©γƒ†γƒΌγƒ«γ€€εœ°ηšΏοΌ¬ο½–οΌ™οΌ•γ«γͺγ£γ¦εˆ—θ» Šγ‚½γƒ*γ£γ¦θ¦‹γΎγ—γŸβ€γƒ‹γ‚³γƒ‹γ‚³ε‹•η”»(倏 )

They have different animations.