ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Character Types > LaTale Wizards

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-01-2008   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

xiaosagua is on a distinguished road
Default Fire Mage hesistate in becoming a Bard

i am a lvl 6x Fire/self healing/dagger mage ..... i could solo almost any mobs at my lvl now but suddenly i wonder .... if i go for Fire Sorcerer in future, i wont be able to self heal myself and hence i can go solo most of the high lvl mobs that i am doing now. Therefore i think bard will be a better choise for me ... but somehow i think that Bard cant deal high damage as compared to Fire Sorcerer ..... wat should i do now ??? HELP !!!!!!

Anyone can help answer few question below? Thanks =p

1. Fire Mage use [Fire] Bat Hearts ... so Bard use [Water] Bat Hearts ? or none ?
2. Can Bard equipt with dagger and shield ?
3. Do Water Sorcerer have Self Healing ?

Last edited by xiaosagua; 12-01-2008 at 09:49 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-01-2008   #2 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

Well you can still solo if you sue a lot of potions but you may not want to use so much of your income on that.
Bards are pretty good because they have a nice AoE that does pretty good damage (with the use of guitar) despite being a healing class so you won't miss the damage much...you will enjoy the AoE. But if you don't mind pot spending, go for it.

--Frenchbread is

12-01-2008   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

xiaosagua is on a distinguished road

well .... pot usage is one thing but the normal pot heal VERY slow .... unless using the ASTRO pots ...... that y i dun use pots for my fire mage now instead i use self healing .... if i were use the normal HP pots .... i think i have died so many many time while fighting in higher lvl mobs

This is the reason i hesitate to whether to change to Bard as with the healing i can still solo higher lvl mobs but of cos the attk damage will be much lower compare to a Fire Sorcerer.

12-01-2008   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Revol is on a distinguished road
IGN: Revol
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 5x
Guild: Heaven

Simply put, Fire Sorc if you wanna see big numbers (especially crit) and level faster; Bard if you don't care about your damage (meaning no drop for you in boss hunt, losing your hunting map if someone decides to KS you. etc etc)

12-02-2008   #5 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaosagua
1. Fire Mage use [Fire] Bat Hearts ... so Bard use [Water] Bat Hearts ? or none ?
2. Can Bard equipt with dagger and shield ?
3. Do Water Sorcerer have Self Healing ?
1:From a PvP video of a bard I was watching a while back, they did have a water one equipped, but she was using water so they could...I don't know if elemental attribute effects the other bard skills though.
2:No, just guitars :x
3:No, Sorcerers lose any healing abilities :x

/taken off from random posts/threads I've seen and mog's wiki

12-03-2008   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Revol is on a distinguished road
IGN: Revol
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 5x
Guild: Heaven

lvl 177 fire sorc video from chinese latale, if you're interested
lvl 177 fire sorc

and btw it would seem like from this video that even with all 8 fire skills, the mage couldnt cast continuously. o.O but maybe that's just him

Last edited by Revol; 12-03-2008 at 12:45 AM. Reason: unreadable stuff/adding stuff