ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Character Types > LaTale Wizards

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-29-2008   #1 (permalink)
inb4u lol?! e????
Games
Aika OnlineLa TaleElswordGrand Fantasia
Awards Event Winner

Broken has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Broken Send a message via Skype™ to Broken
IGN: Vaneshi
Class: Castanic Sorcerer :D lt_gunslinger
Level: e?
Guild: Cookies~
Xfire: snop3r
Default What is the Point of wearing a Staff?

So, i noticed something while i switched a few eqs and went for a Shield (without weapon) cos i was in need of a bit more Def.

I noticed that my damage didnt decrease at all, while i was wearing NO weapon, compared to before.
Is that intended? I don't really see the point of upgrading my Gumiho staff anymore then, especially since the more important stats (Magic AC and the Activation effects) arent affected by the upgrading.

Why should i wear a Staff at lower levels? I dont plan to enchant my Staff (i dont want to break it again) further.
Isnt it just better to get a Privaring Dagger and a shield? Instead of wearing a Staff which doesnt do Jackshit compared to the Privaring Dagger. >_>

Proof screens for people who arent believing D:

Without Weapon (only a Bat Heart +3 without any stats)
http://i33.tinypic.com/bd83p.png

With my Gumiho Staff +2 and Min Magic +5%
http://i36.tinypic.com/idhq0y.png

I really expected more. >_> And yeah, i know the damage is random, but i tested a few times and it was always around the same (highest without weapon was 72X, with 74X) damage.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-29-2008   #2 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

I think later on the the orbs are actually meant for damage because frankly staffs don't cut it for anyone D:

/ / / Playing: DM

11-29-2008   #3 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

KouNeeSama will become famous soon enough
IGN: "BlancNeige" / "MeowTan"
Class: Sorceress / $$$
Level: 115 / 72
Guild: Cookies

the problem is how ogp introduced puzzles, if we were having it like jlt we would enchant much more, and aim for a "godly" staff that raises magic a lot, which is not attainable with dagger+shield

11-29-2008   #4 (permalink)
inb4u lol?! e????
Games
Aika OnlineLa TaleElswordGrand Fantasia
Awards Event Winner

Broken has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Broken Send a message via Skype™ to Broken
IGN: Vaneshi
Class: Castanic Sorcerer :D lt_gunslinger
Level: e?
Guild: Cookies~
Xfire: snop3r

no, no... KouNeeSama, what is the point to enchant at max +15% on your staff with max enchant of lvl 5 at lvl 4X eqs?

It doesnt really matter, enchanting here IS a joke. Like Jono already said, 5% is lol. Tho, im not asking about that. I know that 5% min damage increase is not much at 1K damage. My point is: Why dont go the "Min/Max Power" thingys on the Staffs into the Damage formula?

I always thought thats like... treated in another Way, like "MA" on Trickster (or any other game which has Magical Weapons which increase Magic Power).
Thats why i asked if it wouldnt be better to just use the Privaring dagger at lower Levels, because that Dagger increases Magic damages in many ways, compared to the Gumiho Staff, that thing is Godly and much more worth to get than any other Staff.

I got myself now the Javawalk dagger instead of the Flower Staff, because i dont see the Flower staff as worthy as that one. Guess i will Switch to Shield/Dagger when i hit lvl 72. >_>

Last edited by Broken; 11-29-2008 at 05:40 PM. Reason: meh, too sleepy to type properly ._. sorry for weird sounding sentences. lol ._.;;

11-29-2008   #5 (permalink)
:l
Special
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

Gumiho activation does increase with upgrading btw. My +5gumi now heals me 130~160.

Staffs are really only for enchanting min/max/accuracy. If you can do without that stuff, then use a dagger/shield.