ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Character Types > LaTale Wizards

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-26-2008   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

FabledWaltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to FabledWaltz
IGN: Dyaevim
Class: Wizard lt_sorcerer
Level: 25
Default Wizard/Sorcerer build.

I'm kinda new to LaTale, only level 23 but I really enjoy this game so far. Sure, I have a few complaints but that isn't what this thread is about. It's actually me asking for help on a build for my Wizard and future Sorcerer. I royally screwed up on my spells because I put one point into each element and some into healing spells as well. Yeah, it's a silly mistake but... I always tend to make these mistakes when I first begin a game.

Any who, I just recently bought a skill reset so I need help figuring some stuff out. I'm not the cleric type so I won't be using healing spells and instead, I'll be focusing on dishing out as much damage as possible and as quickly as possible (you know, how a wizard should be). Anyways, what I need to know is... would it be possible to max out two elemental types? Or should I just stick with one?

I'm probably going to go to the Water element simply because it's my favorite even though I know the Fire element is stronger. Of course, that's provided I'm not allowed to pick two elements and max all the spells out. I'm going to be leveling some other stuff in the Misc. section and I'll post what I plan on leveling up down below.

Misc. Skills I Plan On Leveling:
  • Magic Upgrade
  • Elemental Harmony
  • Elemental Flow
  • SP Tonic
  • Magic Breeze (Optional)
  • Elemental Master
  • Elemental Protection (Optional)

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-26-2008   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Darkoda is on a distinguished road
IGN: Darkoda
Class: Pyromanic lt_sorcerer
Level: 8x
Guild: Cookies

The misc skills arent in order. The real order of skills is Magic upgrade - Elemental harmony - Elemental protection - Elemental master

It is generally not advised to use more than one element because not only can you not max out everything for both elements, but elemental stones only boost one element, so the other will be much weaker. For as much damage as possible, you really should stick with one.

If you're going water, dont bother with your level 20 elemental buff. It's useless. Otherwise just max out your attacking spells, masteries and whatever misc skills you want (not that you have a choice, there's only one....)

11-27-2008   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Heh, I wasn't trying to put them order. I was just stating which ones I was going for. So really? You can't max out two elements? Well... that's kinda weird and yet lame at the same time. Hm... I love Water/Ice/Etc. but it might be a better idea to go Fire. Fire is the most powerful element available to Wizards/Sorcerers, right?

11-27-2008   #4 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

KouNeeSama will become famous soon enough
IGN: "BlancNeige" / "MeowTan"
Class: Sorceress / $$$
Level: 115 / 72

i suggest you wait a bit (to make a build in the misc path), as ogp made a mess, and they could remove some skills,

you can max out 2 elements but this means you can't get all the misc skills (also you can only use 1 elemental stone, which means 1 element will be more powerful than the other)

Fire is the most powerful, but it's extremely slow (and you can't combo with just skills till lev 60 i think) so get 2 elements or dagger's skills till that lev, if you're going fire

11-27-2008   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Didnt Jono say that he can't combo with level 60 fire?

11-27-2008   #6 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

i dunno, i picked wind cause i like it fast and far ^^

11-28-2008   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

I decided Water instead. If you can hit fast, you can hit hard. And even if they do end up removing some Misc. skills, I can always reset my skill points later so it's no big deal. I chose Water not because of how fast it is but for a few other reasons. And I'm not leveling any dagger skills as all I use is my staff. Anyways, thanks for all the help, I greatly appreciate it.

11-28-2008   #8 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabledWaltz
I chose Water not because of how fast it is but for a few other reasons.
you like the magical-shoujo-like moves?

joking joking~

11-28-2008   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
I decided Water instead. If you can hit fast, you can hit hard. And even if they do end up removing some Misc. skills, I can always reset my skill points later so it's no big deal. I chose Water not because of how fast it is but for a few other reasons. And I'm not leveling any dagger skills as all I use is my staff. Anyways, thanks for all the help, I greatly appreciate it.
I advice you not to use a staff unless it has some massive bonuses on it. 5% magic accuracy isn't going to affect your accuracy much and a dagger+shield gives you a considerable amount of defense.

11-29-2008   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Kittah4 is on a distinguished road

I can't do an unlimited fire combo either. What you can do is this:
Flame Burst - Fire Burst - Fire Illusion (Wait a tick) - Fire Blaster - Fire Burst - Flame Burst
If you dont wait a tick Flame Burst will not be ready. But the combo stops dead there. Maybe Fire Burst II will help..

11-29-2008   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Maybe if you wait a bit between every spell, it could at least lengthen it.

11-29-2008   #12 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

maybe, but that results in less dps, more hits taken, higher chance to die, also if they knockback you during a pause it's combo break, so.. better to give it all out

11-29-2008   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KouNeeSama
you like the magical-shoujo-like moves? :p

joking joking~
No idea what that is. o.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoda
I advice you not to use a staff unless it has some massive bonuses on it. 5% magic accuracy isn't going to affect your accuracy much and a dagger+shield gives you a considerable amount of defense.
Meh. I'm a wizard, not some weird little rouge/mage combo. Besides, if I'm not mistaken, staves give you slightly higher damage when casting spells and that accuracy is a huge help.

11-29-2008   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Revol is on a distinguished road
IGN: Revol
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 5x
Guild: Heaven

mmm personally i tried water fire and earth, water is probably not going to be dishing out dmg very fast compared to the rest. but since u decided to be water go ahead and max ur attacking spells and masteries. ice shield could be useful later on in pvp, but right now it's not very useful. u dont intend being a clerical class, but u can always add some self healing, it's always good to have that.

11-30-2008   #15 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

Quote:
staves give you slightly higher damage when casting spells

they doesn't

11-30-2008   #16 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

Yeah, you can't do unlimited combo for fire at 60 :<
...but by the time you get to the end of your combo..things should die by then ~_~

12-01-2008   #17 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revol
mmm personally i tried water fire and earth, water is probably not going to be dishing out dmg very fast compared to the rest. but since u decided to be water go ahead and max ur attacking spells and masteries. ice shield could be useful later on in pvp, but right now it's not very useful. u dont intend being a clerical class, but u can always add some self healing, it's always good to have that.
I don't PvP so I won't be touching Ice Shield. And yes, I was planning on adding some self healing spells if I ever had enough skill points left over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
you're mistaken about the higher damage, unless it's upgraded or the flower sexy.

btw, don't complain about dying

i'm dying at 61 frequently
I don't complain about dying unless it happens multiple times in a row or if I'm with a cleric or something and they fail to heal me due to their inability to play their class correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KouNeeSama
they doesn't
Why wouldn't they? That makes no sense at all. I'll try using no staff and casting a spell and then cast a spell with a staff on just to make sure.

12-01-2008   #18 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

Quote:
I don't PvP so I won't be touching Ice Shield. And yes, I was planning on adding some self healing spells if I ever had enough skill points left over.

Why wouldn't they? That makes no sense at all. I'll try using no staff and casting a spell and then cast a spell with a staff on just to make sure.

as a sorceror you will not be able to have healing tree

1 spell isn't enough, you have to do multiple tryes, as by base, the min and max damage varies by 20% approx (ex: 240~300)

12-01-2008   #19 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

Staves do not boost your magical damage. There's not much reason to use one unless you have good options on them (Min, Max, damage, etc) This is why the majority go with a dagger/shield. Privaring dagger gives a min damage +8%, which is really nice.

12-01-2008   #20 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudaranai
Staves do not boost your magical damage. There's not much reason to use one unless you have good options on them (Min, Max, damage, etc) This is why the majority go with a dagger/shield. Privaring dagger gives a min damage +8%, which is really nice.
but doesn't it raises mobs magic resist too ?