ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Character Types > LaTale Wizards

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-23-2008   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Dewedi is on a distinguished road
Default Planning to make all mages o_O

Im such mage fan and i wanna try them all >-<".

So what you suggest for

Fire: Pure fire / Fire+Wind/water / Fire+Dagger/ Fire+wind/dagger till x lvl then pure Fire
Earth: Pure earth /Earth+Wind/Water / Earth+Dagger/ Earth+Wind/dagger/water till x lvl then pure earth
Wind: Pure wind / Wind+Water/Heal /Wind+Dagger / Wind+Water/Heal/dagger till x lv then pure wind
Water: Pure water/Water+Wind/heal / Water+Dagger / Water+Wind/Heal/dagger till x lv then pure water (meybe heal too)

I have project to made ^_^". I love so much mages so i want to make them all!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-24-2008   #2 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

KouNeeSama will become famous soon enough
IGN: "BlancNeige" / "MeowTan"
Class: Sorceress / $$$
Level: 115 / 72
Guild: Cookies

mages needs to be pure to have all skills related to them, in the end

11-24-2008   #3 (permalink)
ZeR
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleDragon Nest

ZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of light

I don't know much about mages but...

the game is all about personal preference rather than set skill builds so just try everything out and see what suits you best.

Quote:
Fire: Pure fire / Fire+Wind/water / Fire+Dagger/ Fire+wind/dagger till x lvl then pure Fire Maybe dagger in early levels so you could combo since fire has long CDs
Earth: Pure earth /Earth+Wind/Water / Earth+Dagger/ Earth+Wind/dagger/water till x lvl then pure earth no idea, but my friend has a water+earth mage and it works well...well anything works well really.
Wind: Pure wind / Wind+Water/Heal /Wind+Dagger / Wind+Water/Heal/dagger till x lv then pure wind I've seen wind, its quite strong and powerful with nice range.
Water: Pure water/Water+Wind/heal / Water+Dagger / Water+Wind/Heal/dagger till x lv then pure water (meybe heal too) Most people go with water and heal from what i see, but it's mainly a support build

Personally, i like healing. What's a mage without heal? So I'll stick with 1 element, dagger for some extra def, and heal skills for support. The element you choose is really personal preference

11-24-2008   #4 (permalink)
Pixellated Yeti Goodness.
Special

Dook is just really niceDook is just really niceDook is just really niceDook is just really nice
IGN: Dookoon/Dashyat
Class: Mighty Ferret Militia
Level: Low
Guild: Noobs Club

I believe wind is the easiest if you wanna start off.

Go wind + 1 dagger skill, then reskill to pure wind at lvl 40, cuz wind mages can have unlimited combos at lvl 40.

err I think ... not sure actually lol.

11-24-2008   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Dewedi is on a distinguished road

Thnx for replies now thinkin to go:

Fire: Dagger+fire till 40/60
Earth: Water/Wind+ Earth till 40/60?
Wind: Water+wind till 40?
Water: Dagger till 40 then Water+Heal

Ill get 2 sets of skills in beginning as mages are pretteh hard in low lvs

11-24-2008   #6 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

Yes, wind and water can have unlimited combo @ level 40. (Granted, water's Ice Storm actually kills combo due to tis activation time, but you'll be able to cast nonstop, lol)

Last edited by Kudaranai; 11-26-2008 at 05:45 PM.

11-24-2008   #7 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

wind got only 1 problem, low number of target hits till... sorcerer lev 100, i think

11-25-2008   #8 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute

It is unlimited.

Cyclone -> Wind -> Aero -> Wind -> Cyclone -> Wind -> Aero...and so on.

11-26-2008   #9 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudaranai
It is unlimited.

Cyclone -> Wind -> Aero -> Wind -> Cyclone -> Wind -> Aero...and so on.
but you need to start out with the lower level skill, or else it's combo broken (also we can get knockbacked which ends too in a combo break)

11-26-2008   #10 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

You can start out with cyclone or wind, doesn't really matter :U Eventually you'll fall into the same pattern.

11-26-2008   #11 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

Quote:
You can start out with cyclone or wind, doesn't really matter :U Eventually you'll fall into the same pattern.

but your combo will break, i already tryed it before, cause some skills get casted faster if used after a certain one, so the damage flow isn't constant anymore (and you get a big gap between 4th and 5th skill)

11-26-2008   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Darkoda is on a distinguished road
IGN: Darkoda
Class: Pyromanic lt_sorcerer
Level: 8x

Quote:
All of your spells cast time is sped up when in a combo. If you dont start with wind cutter, when you reach it again, it wont have cooled down yet and the combo will break.

11-26-2008   #13 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

You don't have to press it right away, the combos still counts as long as you hit it when it says combo. I know people who starts off with cyclone and wait for a tiny moment before casting the next skill, so the rest will catch up. That's why I said you can either start off with either cyclone or wind. I tried it with Aelya :U

Even though they're low cool-downs, it doesn't mean you can spam to your heart's content (unlike water) you still gotta time it.

Last edited by Kudaranai; 11-26-2008 at 08:13 AM.

11-26-2008   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Raynor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
You don't have to press it right away, the combos still counts as long as you hit it when it says combo. I know people who starts off with cyclone and wait for a tiny moment before casting the next skill, so the rest will catch up. That's why I said you can either start off with either cyclone or wind. I tried it with Aelya :U

Even though they're low cool-downs, it doesn't mean you can spam to your heart's content (unlike water) you still gotta time it.
You have to hit an enemy atleast once every 1.5 seconds to keep your combo going.

11-29-2008   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Revol is on a distinguished road
IGN: Revol
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 5x
Guild: Heaven

You forgot Pure Healer.

And later on mages will go dual magic because they have too many skill points wait til water/wind mages own in pvp hehehe

11-29-2008   #16 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

but..but..maxing ur element tree uses 40 points (or 50 if u max the buff skill) maxing healing tree is 21 points.

the misc tree for healing takes 60 points to max
the one for offense takes 43 points
and i dont really see the point of the SP tree, but it takes 30 points to max that
all those for a grand total of 133 points to max all ur misc

I rather go with another element tree for 50 points than going for the 133 points misc lol

11-29-2008   #17 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

When on earth are you gonna have time to use all 16 skills, lol. Not to mention the fact that your 2nd element would be incredibly weak than normal since you won't be using its element stone.

11-30-2008   #18 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

ur both right xD except we dont know when we'll have 2nd job skills~~~until then..will u rather save all ur points after lv80 or be somewhat adventurous and try another element?

11-30-2008   #19 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

..which is sad lol. I've reset about 5 or 6 times now, just to see what I enjoy. Funny thing is..I kinda get bored after a few weeks..so I would reset it to another element to keep my interests. :U saved up ely and reset reset~ It sucks too since I'd end up spending time looking for a good element stone + enchanting.

All in all, I'm for people trying everything out to see what wizards have to offer. But it's just that I'm too lazy to make 3 other chars :U

11-30-2008   #20 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

lol then we're all the same i also tried 3/4 elements and currently thinking about resetting to wind