ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Character Types > LaTale Wizards

Prius Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-01-2008   #1 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

KouNeeSama will become famous soon enough
IGN: "BlancNeige" / "MeowTan"
Class: Sorceress / $$$
Level: 115 / 72
Guild: Cookies
Default Elemental Protection

the wiki says it needs 15 sp, but the game says (and took) 150, which is right?
http://www.mymmogames.net/wiki/index...tal_Protection

also, raising its level does improve the amount of hp/sp it restore ?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-01-2008   #2 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

Typo. and yes, I only had mine at level 5..the cooldown and the MP consumption bugged me so I didn't think it was useful. I'll learn it again in the future, when I get to a higher level.

11-02-2008   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Clockwork will become famous soon enough
IGN: Tactful/MagicUser-RIP
Class: Treasure Hunter/Would be Elemental Master
Level: 88/164

I got it and maxed it just to see what it did but it has a pretty long cooldown and i might as well use pots that basically have the same effectiveness minus the 150 sp thing, so to me its rather useless and i already have Mind Square and that saves me some cash.

11-02-2008   #4 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

it's supposed to be used as a complement to pots in critical points.. but true, the cool time is a bit high for "latale's pace"

do you happen to know if it's a fixed amount it cures or if it's a % of the max value ?

11-02-2008   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Kittah4 is on a distinguished road

I believe the hp and sp healed by Elemental Protection is fixed, as it seems to gain 10 points of healing in each every level.

Right now mine is at level 6, it heals 5 times, once every two seconds, for 110 hp each hit, and 90 sp each hit. I think I have observed it going up by 10 and 10 every level, but I wouldnt put money on it. The duration of it has never increased.

11-02-2008   #6 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittah4
I believe the hp and sp healed by Elemental Protection is fixed, as it seems to gain 10 points of healing in each every level.

Right now mine is at level 6, it heals 5 times, once every two seconds, for 110 hp each hit, and 90 sp each hit. I think I have observed it going up by 10 and 10 every level, but I wouldnt put money on it. The duration of it has never increased.

oh ty, now i get 60 hp each time and i have it at lev 1

btw the duration is fixed

11-13-2008   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Ok, I finally have EP maxed, so I can report on its HP and SP recovery.
At 2 second intervals over 10 seconds...
It recovers 150x5 HP for a total of 750 HP
It recovers 130x5 SP for a total of 650 SP
During the recovery time, you seem to be immune to all attacks with an element. NUE spells, Invokes breath and wings, Ghost Warrior Fire Justsu, etc.
To me, it seems like a great skill to pull during PVP, assuming you can use it there. Its basically a free, powerful potion.

11-13-2008   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
ElswordVindictusLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Sephyrr has a spectacular aura aboutSephyrr has a spectacular aura about

It has a two minute cooldown? Is that correct? Maybe it has more uses in the future, but at lower levels, it does not look quite as useful.

11-13-2008   #9 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephyrr
It has a two minute cooldown? Is that correct? Maybe it has more uses in the future, but at lower levels, it does not look quite as useful.
yes, 2 mins, and it's useful, as at lev 1 it replenishes 300hp in 10 secs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittah4
Ok, I finally have EP maxed, so I can report on its HP and SP recovery.
At 2 second intervals over 10 seconds...
It recovers 150x5 HP for a total of 750 HP
It recovers 130x5 SP for a total of 650 SP
During the recovery time, you seem to be immune to all attacks with an element. NUE spells, Invokes breath and wings, Ghost Warrior Fire Justsu, etc.
To me, it seems like a great skill to pull during PVP, assuming you can use it there. Its basically a free, powerful potion.
yup, i did figured it out when i took it at lev 3 since it's linear, the hp formula, 5x[50+(10x skill lev)], the sp formula is 5x[30+(10x skill lev)]

i didn't knew it makes you immune to nue/invoke breath, nice :O

Last edited by KouNeeSama; 11-13-2008 at 10:41 PM.

11-14-2008   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by KouNeeSama
yes, 2 mins, and it's useful, as at lev 1 it replenishes 300hp in 10 secs

yup, i did figured it out when i took it at lev 3 since it's linear, the hp formula, 5x[50+(10x skill lev)], the sp formula is 5x[30+(10x skill lev)]

i didn't knew it makes you immune to nue/invoke breath, nice :O
Is Heal not useful or something? I can replenish more than 300 hp in 100 seconds and not have to wait for a 2 minute cooldown. The thing that I see that is really good is the magic immunity, but the cooldown kind of shoots it down. To me, Protection is more of a "crap I am about to die" skill to use for survivability, but it requires many skill points down that path.

11-14-2008   #11 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

Quote:
Is Heal not useful or something?
not every mage got healing, also i'm gonna be sorcerer.

11-14-2008   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Mercenary09 is on a distinguished road
IGN: Howahowa
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: ?x
Guild: R> Orenji (so ronery ;~;)

Hm.. glad to see some information on this, but it seems like a lot of people are looking at just its HEALING aspect. If it didn't have that length of cooldown since it has that immunity function, eh.. I'd lean to it almost being broken, but maybe less would be reasonable.. to some people.

I'm also slowly going down this path, so eventually I'll be getting this. thx 4 infozz, Kittah4.
And does anyone know how 'short' the Magic Immunity lasts for.. roughly?
(just to say, I skipped on healing as well.. though I could have just spent 1-4 points for the healing spells, but I dunno.. I just love Wind Walk more)

Last edited by Mercenary09; 11-14-2008 at 10:44 AM.

11-14-2008   #13 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

the immunity should be the 10 secs of healing effect, i think

11-14-2008   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Yes, you are immune to all attacks with an elemental effect for the 10 seconds the icon is under your quick keys. You can tell an attack has an elemental effect because it makes either a heat haze, bubbles, green wind, or brown poof. All of those attacks during the ten seconds will say MISS. Its fun to just stand there and bathe in invoke breath during his warning attack.

11-17-2008   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Clockwork will become famous soon enough
IGN: Tactful/MagicUser-RIP
Class: Treasure Hunter/Would be Elemental Master
Level: 88/164

Just wanted to tell you guys to not mind my previous comment since back then I didn't know that Mind Square would be gone after class change, so I might give this skill another try since I'm a higher level compared to last time I had it.

11-19-2008   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Default Cooldown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercenary09
Hm.. glad to see some information on this, but it seems like a lot of people are looking at just its HEALING aspect. If it didn't have that length of cooldown since it has that immunity function, eh.. I'd lean to it almost being broken, but maybe less would be reasonable.. to some people.

I'm also slowly going down this path, so eventually I'll be getting this. thx 4 infozz, Kittah4.
And does anyone know how 'short' the Magic Immunity lasts for.. roughly?
(just to say, I skipped on healing as well.. though I could have just spent 1-4 points for the healing spells, but I dunno.. I just love Wind Walk more)
I noted the cooldown aspect as being its major flaw, but I still only see it as a survivability issue. Standing in front of Invoke while using his flame and getting misses sounds great, until he kills you with a double crit tail.

Sp running out means oh crap, you are about to die...unless you use this skill.
Hp running out means you die, but enemies typically have both a physical and magical skill, meaning you could still die in certain situations.

Also, it is fine if you prefer Wind Walk, though Heals only require 3 points (for yourself). It really sounds like a good bargain, saves money, and helps you survive (spam heal).

11-19-2008   #17 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

Quote:
Also, it is fine if you prefer Wind Walk, though Heals only require 3 points (for yourself). It really sounds like a good bargain, saves money, and helps you survive (spam heal).

Sorcerers can't use heal, if you spoil yourself now with heal, you'll be in "a bad situation" later

11-19-2008   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Default Any Skills

Let us return to our original topic of Elemental Protection. You mentioned that it healed you for a good bit but, are the skill points really worth it? What is the major benefit of Elemental Protection that makes it a good skill that trumps others? Or perhaps, is it good because it leads to a skill that raises damage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KouNeeSama
Sorcerers can't use heal, if you spoil yourself now with heal, you'll be in "a bad situation" later
Fair enough, but are you there yet? Does healing help you level faster? Does it allow you to have more Ely by the time you are a Sorcerer?

On Healing:
Though "spoiling onself with heal" may put one in a "bad situation" later on, would it not place you in a better situation in the present, that would allow you to reach the "later on" faster, and result in having more time to get used to not having heal?

11-19-2008   #19 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Darkoda is on a distinguished road
IGN: Darkoda
Class: Pyromanic lt_sorcerer
Level: 8x

I don't have elemental protection yet, but I chose its path for 2 reasons.

1) As a sorceror, that's the only healing skill you're going to be able to use, so better get used to it now.

2) It's the only misc tree worth getting unless you know healing spells. Even if elemental protection was crap (which it isn't, sp healing in a pinch and magic immunity is worth the cooldown IMO), 10% passive magic damage and physical evasion isn't. 3% magic critical rate on the other hand.........

11-19-2008   #20 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

Quote:
Let us return to our original topic of Elemental Protection. You mentioned that it healed you for a good bit but, are the skill points really worth it?
doesn't matter if it's worth, as after that there's a 10% more magic damage, which is TOTALLY worth it, also i find it useful in my way of playing.

Quote:
Does healing help you level faster? Does it allow you to have more Ely by the time you are a Sorcerer?
1. no, as i spend most of the time healing sp while sitted
2. no, as i almost never use pots, i'm 53 and still got the combo pots that heals 160 hp and 100 sp, when i, rarely, am out of hp, elemental protection, 500hp recovered, also a little boost in sp and everything is fine

Quote:
On Healing:
Though "spoiling onself with heal" may put one in a "bad situation" later on, would it not place you in a better situation in the present, that would allow you to reach the "later on" faster, and result in having more time to get used to not having heal?

think it how you like, i want to be a sorceror, i'm finding my own pace in this char, if i don't like a char, i usually stop to use it and create to another char, playing a "fake char" don't help me in getting used to it, like those using dagger's skills, they will throw them out for sure, so when you're used to something and then delete it, you start to play a lot worse than before (bringing you to dying many times, probably).

for example, in the beginning i wished a treasure hunter and a sorceror, i found out that even if i totally love the build of explorers, i don't like their way of playing, something in them doesn't make me have fun, so i didn't level much with it, on the other side, i'm liking much the 2h sword warrior (and since i wished to get to blader, i'm a bit confused, as i like the 2h sword, but i totally don't know if i will like the dual blades ! since there's no turning back.. you know.)

in the end, i do not have any spare point to give to heal now, as i need to get more damage for higher maps, but i also need the skills, as without higher skills you can't do anything, i calculated that i'll get my first "spare" point around lev 82, and in this calculation i didn't got wind walk (honestly, it's a nice skill, but if you lag like me it will just mess you up in maps like arcadia)