ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Character Types > LaTale Wizards

Lord of the Rings Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Lord of the Rings Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-21-2008   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
ElswordVindictusLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Sephyrr has a spectacular aura aboutSephyrr has a spectacular aura about
Default Hm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KouNeeSama
doesn't matter if it's worth, as after that there's a 10% more magic damage, which is TOTALLY worth it, also i find it useful in my way of playing.

1. no, as i spend most of the time healing sp while sitted
2. no, as i almost never use pots, i'm 53 and still got the combo pots that heals 160 hp and 100 sp, when i, rarely, am out of hp, elemental protection, 500hp recovered, also a little boost in sp and everything is fine

think it how you like, i want to be a sorceror, i'm finding my own pace in this char, if i don't like a char, i usually stop to use it and create to another char, playing a "fake char" don't help me in getting used to it, like those using dagger's skills, they will throw them out for sure, so when you're used to something and then delete it, you start to play a lot worse than before (bringing you to dying many times, probably).

for example, in the beginning i wished a treasure hunter and a sorceror, i found out that even if i totally love the build of explorers, i don't like their way of playing, something in them doesn't make me have fun, so i didn't level much with it, on the other side, i'm liking much the 2h sword warrior (and since i wished to get to blader, i'm a bit confused, as i like the 2h sword, but i totally don't know if i will like the dual blades ! since there's no turning back.. you know.)

in the end, i do not have any spare point to give to heal now, as i need to get more damage for higher maps, but i also need the skills, as without higher skills you can't do anything, i calculated that i'll get my first "spare" point around lev 82, and in this calculation i didn't got wind walk (honestly, it's a nice skill, but if you lag like me it will just mess you up in maps like arcadia)
To dispel your belief in messing with skills, my playing style still hasn't found any problems, as they just deleted some of my skills (or made them worse). No change, really.

Seeing as how wind wizards are in constant motion (wind range+windwalk), they typically don't sit around spamming heal. It's an "oh, my Hp is getting into a danger zone, instead of using Hp Pots, I'll use heal). Even spamming Heal doesn't always save your butt, though it has done so in numerous other occasions.

And lastly, I, unlike you, care about exp gains. Why? It saves time in my life to do other things. I typically (like a whole lot of other people) set a "% goal" for each day. Once I reach it, I leave my other characters to FM. So in my case, "sitting" takes time out of my other activities in life. But if you're fine with it, more power to you.

I still think Elemental Protection is only nice for Survivability Reasons and requires too many Sp points for it to be extremely worthwhile. To put in perspective, one could get both critical both critical skills in response to your "protection" and 10% damage increase. However, notice that both crit skills are helping constantly while protection is helping 1/20th of your playing experience. In addition, both crit skills require 13 points rather than 20.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-21-2008   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

geenlung is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork
Just wanted to tell you guys to not mind my previous comment since back then I didn't know that Mind Square would be gone after class change, so I might give this skill another try since I'm a higher level compared to last time I had it.
Not absolutely, Bards still retain the skill according to the jwiki

11-21-2008   #23 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Darkoda is on a distinguished road
IGN: Darkoda
Class: Pyromanic lt_sorcerer
Level: 8x
Guild: Cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephyrr
To dispel your belief in messing with skills, my playing style still hasn't found any problems, as they just deleted some of my skills (or made them worse). No change, really.

Seeing as how wind wizards are in constant motion (wind range+windwalk), they typically don't sit around spamming heal. It's an "oh, my Hp is getting into a danger zone, instead of using Hp Pots, I'll use heal). Even spamming Heal doesn't always save your butt, though it has done so in numerous other occasions.

And lastly, I, unlike you, care about exp gains. Why? It saves time in my life to do other things. I typically (like a whole lot of other people) set a "% goal" for each day. Once I reach it, I leave my other characters to FM. So in my case, "sitting" takes time out of my other activities in life. But if you're fine with it, more power to you.

I still think Elemental Protection is only nice for Survivability Reasons and requires too many Sp points for it to be extremely worthwhile. To put in perspective, one could get both critical both critical skills in response to your "protection" and 10% damage increase. However, notice that both crit skills are helping constantly while protection is helping 1/20th of your playing experience. In addition, both crit skills require 13 points rather than 20.
FYI the 3% crit boost cost 3 skills points for level, so it costs 9 skill points. That is why i say it sucks, 3% crit rate is not worth 9 skill points.

11-21-2008   #24 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

KouNeeSama will become famous soon enough
IGN: "BlancNeige" / "MeowTan"
Class: Sorceress / $$$
Level: 115 / 72

didn't you saw that the crit skills got deleted ?

11-21-2008   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Default Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by KouNeeSama
didn't you saw that the crit skills got deleted ?
Ah. They did (*slaps self in forehead*). I only saw where my skills went, hahaha. Well, there goes my argument. There's nothing else to throw skill points into. Hahaha. Good job on your defense but err...I think OGplanet did it for you.

11-21-2008   #26 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

lol ^^
they added some skills that replenish sp and gives them to others, i don't like them at all :\
at least the crit was pricey, but at higher levs i would've get them

11-21-2008   #27 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Darkoda is on a distinguished road
IGN: Darkoda
Class: Pyromanic lt_sorcerer
Level: 8x

I do like the max sp boosting and sp recovering passives, I would need to see how the instant sp recovery works to judge, but the sp transfer...... as a mage, no matter what class you are, I need that sp way more than you >_>

11-21-2008   #28 (permalink)
nɹ!ɯǝpu!ɥs uǝdd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoda
I do like the max sp boosting and sp recovering passives, I would need to see how the instant sp recovery works to judge, but the sp transfer...... as a mage, no matter what class you are, I need that sp way more than you >_>
well, you could think it of something like a MTG's combo

"gives sp"->"insta sp recovery"->"something else"

11-21-2008   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Instant Sp sounds really good. Wizards that run out of Sp are almost doomed...so it's nice to have. I just don't know if the skill works well.

11-21-2008   #30 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Clockwork will become famous soon enough
IGN: Tactful/MagicUser-RIP
Class: Treasure Hunter/Would be Elemental Master
Level: 88/164

Quote:
Originally Posted by geenlung
Not absolutely, Bards still retain the skill according to the jwiki
I meant I'm gonna be a Sorcerer not Bard and I will end up losing it.