ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Character Types > LaTale Wizards

Grand Fantasia
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-21-2008   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Darkoda is on a distinguished road
IGN: Darkoda
Class: Pyromanic lt_sorcerer
Level: 8x
Guild: Cookies
Default Who wants to find out the magic crit rate?

Okay, nobody has any real idea what the magic critical rate is. This is something that a good chunk of people (2 people) seem to want to know, mainly for deciding which of those misc skill trees are worth getting.

Well for the base critical rate, I think the best way to find that out would be if all the wizards kept track of how many of their magic hits actually crit for awhile (800+ hits, inclusive of misses, yes it's inhumane don't need to be told that, get fraps to record if it wont lag you. >_>), and everyone post their results, and we can get an average critical rate out of that.

Actually, you should post your current luck too, in case that has any influence over magic critical.

So anyone care to help out the wizard community?
Please post the number of criticals/number of attacks - percentage - Luck

Edit - Just in case this affects anything, I would like your level and magic stat as well. Also, this should go without saying but you should note if you're using any critical boosting gear/that misc skill.

Darkoda - 25/179 - 13.97% - 90 Luck

Kudaranai - 314/1000 = 31.40%
Lvl. = 52
MAG = 180
LK = 121

Sandrie
Level:55
Magic:321
Luck:127
Monster:Prining
hits (including misses):500
crits:149
Critical % - 29.80%

Well now, that certainly leans against magic influencing crit rate 0_0

Last edited by Darkoda; 11-13-2008 at 08:32 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-21-2008   #2 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

Uh..okay.

But are we counting this by the number of skills we used or the actual hits themselves?

10-22-2008   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

The actual hits, and that is where it gets troublesome, especially with multi-hitting spells on a mob. Also another reason I want as much data as possible because there is a very good chance that unless you fight one monster at a time continuously, the numbers anyone posts are going to be a little bit off.

I know my number's off at any event

10-22-2008   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Elysion is on a distinguished road

What if a crit automatically hits? that would screw up the only counting hits thing, because nothing that can crit would miss 0_0 (would make the crit rate look higher than it actually is)

10-22-2008   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysion
What if a crit automatically hits? that would screw up the only counting hits thing, because nothing that can crit would miss 0_0 (would make the crit rate look higher than it actually is)
Then let's hope that isn't how it works. I am kinda assuming that the game applies whether it would hit, then whether it would crit. Makes sense, but you never know.

10-26-2008   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TalePangya

JerryJax will become famous soon enoughJerryJax will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to JerryJax Send a message via MSN to JerryJax Send a message via Skype™ to JerryJax
IGN: [GA]Jerry
Class: Minstrel lt_bard
Level: 180

Speaking of criticals, I think when you use Undine Healing you can 'crit' yourself and heal more HP than normal. xD I hope this happens to other people as well. I will try to take a ScrenShot of it next time. D:

LaTale: [GA]Jerry/Minstrel/LvL 18x

10-26-2008   #7 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute

It'd be easier if we can just count the heals, but I believe Heal cirts and Magical dmg crits are different..since they each of their own passive skills that would raise the rate.

10-28-2008   #8 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

I crit 25 times out of 140 hits. I have 123 luck.

10-28-2008   #9 (permalink)
No

Teleclast is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Teleclast Send a message via MSN to Teleclast

Out of curiosity are you looking for different constants specifically? That's probably the best way to do it, not to mention stating all of your stats.

It would also be smart to take a look at level, stats, equips(scrolled for/extra stuff) and once you find out what effects it (Throttle your luk/mag/etc) then you need to also find out where certain things are applied, such as Magic Crit from equips/Max Magic Crit/Min Magic Crit.

I believe we partied before and I know you from ingame (You're in Cookies right?). I made a mage, but it's like level 11, I can post my stats in bundles of 200 hits for your information if you wish.

Another thing you really have to consider is the monster. Crit rate is good to know, but to be honest I wanna know the whole she-bang ^ ^;

10-28-2008   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleclast
Out of curiosity are you looking for different constants specifically? That's probably the best way to do it, not to mention stating all of your stats.

It would also be smart to take a look at level, stats, equips(scrolled for/extra stuff) and once you find out what effects it (Throttle your luk/mag/etc) then you need to also find out where certain things are applied, such as Magic Crit from equips/Max Magic Crit/Min Magic Crit.

I believe we partied before and I know you from ingame (You're in Cookies right?). I made a mage, but it's like level 11, I can post my stats in bundles of 200 hits for your information if you wish.

Another thing you really have to consider is the monster. Crit rate is good to know, but to be honest I wanna know the whole she-bang ^ ^;
The constant I'm checking is currently to see if the luck stat has anything to do with it, but yeah checking level and magic stat itself would be a good idea.

I don't think the monster you're attacking would really affect the critical rate much, just the damage that crit would do.

Okay, time to update the original post with my whopping 2 amounts of data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudaranai
I crit 25 times out of 140 hits. I have 123 luck.
Could I get your level and magic stat as well? Yes I know I now put that up but I forgot to consider that having any influence

Last edited by Darkoda; 10-28-2008 at 05:53 PM.

10-28-2008   #11 (permalink)
No

The only way to calculate if luck has a deal in it is to get samples of over 1,000 each (This is barely cutting it, most people I know who work on formulas start with 2,000 for a normal formula and gather about 20 sets of data, and from there they tweak it afterwords).

I can supply you with data once I find a few LUK equips that don't add MAG.

10-28-2008   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleclast
The only way to calculate if luck has a deal in it is to get samples of over 1,000 each (This is barely cutting it, most people I know who work on formulas start with 2,000 for a normal formula and gather about 20 sets of data, and from there they tweak it afterwords).

I can supply you with data once I find a few LUK equips that don't add MAG.

Which is exactly why this is going to take a while to do. Necessity of a lot of data for accuracy + the most unpopular class in the game = one long data collection period.

10-28-2008   #13 (permalink)
No

Give me until the weekend and I'll try and get the data. I've been questing a lot to hit lvl 20 ASAP so that's why I haven't done it yet.

IMO if you want to start collecting data yourself as well (You'll need data from at LEAST 2 people, the more the better though) you should go to a monster that you can find a decent amount of, with one set of equipment, and stay there for a while (make sure one of your equipments has no stat bonuses on it), and then after about 200 hits (counting your crits, and total hits) you can go through it again. What I STRONGLY suggest if you have fraps is that you fraps the whole thing while you're counting, this allows you to go back and verify it. If you have a video playing software that can play at 1.5x speed or something that also helps a great deal.

This is simply the way I see it as easy, I'm going to set up Fraps myself and do it tomorrow (maybe :S) or Friday (have a lot of free time). I was going to do it today but forgot to install fraps on thie PC! and CamStudio has problems with XTrap. ._.;

10-29-2008   #14 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

I've been counting the "miss" as one of my "total hits" too, since I don't know if crit is a sure thing..

I'll get you my MAG later, but my current level is 52 (it was 51 when I did the counting)

..and I'm not Cookies @_@

10-29-2008   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

I think he meant me, I am in Cookies

I would recored some more of my own data to use, but Latale has recently become lag happy with me, and it's kinda pointless to count your crits when you're missing 5+ of your actual hits due to lag -_-

10-29-2008   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Vioded is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Vioded Send a message via Skype™ to Vioded
IGN: zekiel0
Class: templar lt_templar
Level: 110
Guild: Nutmeg, Hobos
Xfire: vioded

I ll join in too so do I have to do it, with no equips? also do you think it be different on each monster?

10-29-2008   #17 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

As far as I know..monsters do have their own stats.

10-29-2008   #18 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackoria
I ll join in too so do I have to do it, with no equips? also do you think it be different on each monster?
I don't mind equips, but I would prefer if you didn't wear anything that directly boosts magic critical rate, or at least let me know how much it influenced it so I can take it into consideration.

I doubt monsters influence your critical rate at all, unless there's some debuff no one knows about that kills your critical rate. I do need your luck, magic (including all bonuses your equipment gave) and level when you checked your crits though. I will need at least 5 people with very different stats to actually see any pattern at all, it would take about 20 people to hazard a decent guess at what influences the magic critical rate and how to work it out.

10-29-2008   #19 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

okay, here we go @_@ I slaughtered 1000 Prirings (poor thing ;_; )

Out off 1000 hits, 314 were crits.

Cur. Lvl. = 52
Cur. MAG = 180
Cur. LK = 121

I didn't use any buffs, other than Wind Walk.

10-29-2008   #20 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Okay, updated and now things get interesting.