ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Character Types > LaTale Wizards

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-08-2008   #1 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

Dioxinis is on a distinguished road
Default Fire mages - Not worth it?

Ok ive been doing a fire/dagger mage and the PRESUMTION is that fire skills are more powerful than other elemental skills thus the long cool downs but from what I have noticed it seems like they are BARELY more powerful (if at all) than other elemental skills and i would be better off with water or wind because of the MUCH faster cool downs AND less SP costs... is it just me or is fire underpowered? i just reached lvl 40 and the cool down on my illusion fire is 9 seconds and i cant even chain the magic after going through all three I KNOW that i would be able to with wind/water (i made the mistake of using all 4 elements in the begining haha) thoughts/input much appreciated cause i am seriously considering a reskill at this point....

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-09-2008   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

KhentaMFL is on a distinguished road
Class: Wind Wizard lt_mage
Level: 3x

From what I am told, if you used points across the 4 trees at the point you are at, it would be better for you to use a Reset Capsule and focus on one tree. Elemental Mastery(s) are important to help improve that damage output and Magic Upgrade from the Misc can help as well.

If you have any Dagger skills...they could result in why you aren't getting the desired damage out of your fire skills. I would say trade points into Fire tree or Magic Upgrade to help out. If you want to use daggers skills...or just dagger, maybe the Fire Enchant buff will be useful to you.

If you are really on the fence about changing element try these posts:
http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/105847-post40.html (I linked a specific post but look throughout the thread for more.
http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/lata...r-element.html (a few testimonies from elements people use)

I would say stick it out with Fire. Try not to be detoured by people using other elements and combos. If it is really the element you like, try to learn it the best you can. I can't say I seen many Fire mages to compare damage with. However, I can say that the damage difference between Wind and Earth Magic is quite a bit and I heard fire is even bigger. As far as combos, Wind is the best.

Hope this helps.

10-09-2008   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Pentao has a spectacular aura aboutPentao has a spectacular aura aboutPentao has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Pentao
Class: (Dagger) Ruin Walker / Rogue Master lt_treasurehunter
Level: 18X / 14X
Guild: Syndicate [Leader]

Yeah I'm pretty sure Fire's long cooldown makes it weakest in the long run.

10-09-2008   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Kari is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentao
Yeah I'm pretty sure Fire's long cooldown makes it weakest in the long run.
I've been using Fire to level recently, and I'm happy with it.
After using Water for so long, it's much more powerful. @_@
I don't mind the cool-downs at all, just use your Privaring Dagger during the cooldown and get the buffs from it <3

10-09-2008   #5 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

at khentaMFL just to clarify I in the BEGINING used all 4 but DID skill reset and when pure fire with the sonic dagger skill line the idea here was to make up for the cool down of fire but my argument is that fire magic ISNT WORTH making up for and that using wind or water which has much faster cool down does almost the same damage.

at kari >_> are you sure it dosent SEEM stronger because your using a privaring dagger? privaring daggers give a SIGNIFICANT magic bonus... so if you had your dagger BEFORE you switched then its a believable testamony but if you had it after then you can atribute the diference to the dagger...

the real reason im so conserned is i saw a water mage doing almost the same amount of damage as me with water spells AND he was 3 lvls lower.... however now that i think about it he had a privaring dagger which like i said gives a significant magic bonus... thinking about it further right now it would seem that fire IS actualy more powerful because once i get my privaring dagger i would do quite a bit more than i do now puting me ahead by quite a bit.....

anyway thanks everyone.. i think ill stick with fire for now but i may just buy a skill reset later anyway (dagger mastery was a wast of 4 points i shoulda just dumped 1 point into it rather than 5....)

10-09-2008   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Mein is on a distinguished road
Class: Dacy|Tia|Eir|
Level: 64|59|57|

frie is horrible for mobs D: long cooldowns YouTube - Latale - 134 fire magician gameplay
wind is hot D: YouTube - Latale - Lv.110 wind sorcerer in owl castle 5

10-09-2008   #7 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

ive come to a relisation.... i should have just invested in another element ie wind rather then dager skills... its good to have a dagger and shield for the extra defense (and privaring dagger owns gumiho staff) but theres no point in using dagger skills when i could just invest in another element for the same points... and combo better and do more damage

i feel like a fool.....

also at mein... consider WHAT they are fighting... its not the same thing .... its hardly comparable from ONE video....

10-09-2008   #8 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

But fire can take out huge mobs because of its maximum number of targets the skills can hit. It depends on your play style =o

10-11-2008   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Pentao has a spectacular aura aboutPentao has a spectacular aura aboutPentao has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Pentao
Class: (Dagger) Ruin Walker / Rogue Master lt_treasurehunter
Level: 18X / 14X
Guild: Syndicate [Leader]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dioxinis
AND he was 3 lvls lower....
Okay, if the 3 levels warranted a skill level up in one of the spells, then I can see why this is so appaling. However if you both have level 1, 2, or 3 spells, then it doesn't really make a difference if your levels are apart by 3.

11-09-2008   #10 (permalink)
laseryary

I'm a level 53 Fire/Dagger Wizard. I just recently converted from Earth. You can combo just as well as a Wind Wizard can if you play your attacks just right. The damage output is just as strong as earth (It's probably going to be stronger once I finish adding points into some of the Misc./Masery skills) and the cooldowns mean nothing when you have three other skills at your disposal (I chose Melee Dagger).

Before I went Earth and Fire I was a Water wizard. Although the combos and the cooldown times were great, its damage was beyond sub par compared to that of my fire skills. People are quick to eliminate the Fire Wizard as their first choice because of the immense cooldown times, but coupled with Masquerade, Dancing Dagger and Illusion Dagger, the cooldowns for the fire skills mean nothing.

11-12-2008   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Mercenary09 is on a distinguished road
IGN: Howahowa
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: ?x
Guild: R> Orenji (so ronery ;~;)

Fire/Dagger seems like a huge investment. It may just be me, but as soon as I had the fire enchant skill, I would be confused as to go for my misc. skills or dagger skills as both would probably help, though.. misc. skills might help significantly more. Just dagger skills, misc. skills and the actual fire path (along with masteries), but laseryary sounds like s(he)? didn't have a problem, but I wonder if other people would feel confused here.
Also, I'm not really sure if dagger spells would be just as great with the fire enchant. Not really sure how they could compare damage wise/effectively to the same fire spell of that level.

11-12-2008   #12 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

My favorite combo is wind/fire fast attack backed up with a strong stable finishing move, Dagger don't really maximize damage in my opinion I would go for the weapo attack but not the skills themselves.

/ / / Playing:Tree of Savior

11-12-2008   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Kittah4 is on a distinguished road

I did fire/dagger for a little bit, but I didnt think having three more techniques for combos was worth giving up Elemental Protection and not getting to use my Privaring (since I can't find/afford more). It's true, fire mages might be unweildy and keep being tempted to go hybrid, like fire wind (wind chains forever, I tried that too).

I grind rather casually, so it offsets the very long cooldown times. All I can offer is a decent fire chain:
Flame Burst -> Fire Burst -> Fire Blaser -> Illusion Fire -> Fire Burst ... Flame Burst
If you cast them all immediately, the final Flame Burst will not combo, but if you wait a half second before casting Fire Blaster (I think that has the quickest cast time), you SHOULD be able to get it to combo.

Where this leaves Fire Wizards for PVP, I dunno. They probably suck with long cooldown times (arent Fire skills the longest cools in the game? It would make sense, it IS fire). Just keep an eye on the prize though, four more skills in second job, and the ability to craft longer chains of fire and see those yummy four digit numbers leap up.

11-13-2008   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

NegaRutabaga will become famous soon enoughNegaRutabaga will become famous soon enough
Class: Cranky Monkeygirl Intraweb Commando - E.M.O. Division

Yeah that was something I noticed about using fire. It's not really a spammer element like wind and water. Like most players, I assumed that all elements could be spammed the same way. But if I raced in and spammed all my fire attacks at once on a mob, I was left with a long waiting period before I could attack again. Not everything dies in 1 combo...

But if I launched each fire attack slower, one after another, there was much less moments of " downtime " and the cooldowns were no longer such a big issue.

I never got around to getting Fire Enchant though. I've heard so many stories on how the skill works, I don't know what to believe. If it buffed the damage of dagger skills, that would be awesome. Or if it really did increase your fire attack damage even more, I would so switch back to fire.

But I caved and went earth.

11-13-2008   #15 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

It doesn't increase your fire skills, I can tell you that much. Only physicals.

11-13-2008   #16 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Kittah4 is on a distinguished road

Fire Enchant does increase the damage of dagger skills, but NOT by an amount thats worth 10 points. I wrote down numbers somewhere, but its not very impressive. And this was with a melee dagger and enchanting strength onto my pet as well as having other +str items. I don't think fire enchant is worth it in any capacity, unless your friends are desperate for an extra 50 some damage.