ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Character Types > LaTale Wizards

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-01-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Archae is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Archae
IGN: Psywizard / Caramelcorn
Class: Wizard / Shaman to_dragon
Level: 40 / 6x
Default Level 39 grind

Lets say I prefer to solo. Doesn't mean I must not party though.

How do I level up as quick as the people who goes to spooky village? Is that possible through soloing? I tried to fight mountain pigs but I realised that would be really difficult without a party. I also tried to go to kill some monsters in spooky by myself but it seems really difficult as well.

If I were to go to spooky village to grind (which I prefer not to since I would have to find a party every time I want to train), should I kill the jars or the night goblins? Which potions should I use? I used quality combo potions and I nearly died. My character is a water/heal/dagger mage

p.s. should I add dione healing (low)? or is offence more important

---
Off topic question: How does the race to level 120 event work?
I got a snow raccoon set even though I reached level 30 but I didn't start a new character in the event time and finish during the same time.
Isn't it promoting the deletion of characters?

Last edited by Archae; 01-01-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-01-2012   #2 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

Spooky Village and Toad Mountain's Pigs are the fastest way to get EXP. If you grind outside, you're going to need to stack a lot of EXP multipliers. Even then, it won't match up to someone who grinds in Spooky/Mountain with the same EXP multipliers.

It's best to find friends who will grind at the same time as you so you have a stable party up to level 80+. If not, you're just going have to wait outside the dungeons or make a World chat to see if anyone is grinding.

If you want to solo grind the dungeons, you should also get Syrups and things that help boost your damage/accuracy, maybe HP. The dungeon is annoying to solo unless you have those boosts.

As for pots, I used the pots that I could use at that level. I also had access to crazy amounts of Instant Pots (Grapes, Books, etc) because of events and lolboxes. You can't really use in-game pots by itself in places like Spooky/Mountain because of the fast HP/MP loss. x.x

For grinding purposes, I did a Wind/Dagger Mage with some single heal skills. The combo between Wind and Dagger is smoother and faster. Water/Dagger leaves gaps since you have less skills at level 39 with semi-long cooldowns.

----

You didn't get the Snow Raccoon Set from the Level event. I know you get them when it's the month of your birthday. You probably got it from that.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

01-02-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Archae is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Archae
IGN: Psywizard / Caramelcorn
Class: Wizard / Shaman to_dragon
Level: 40 / 6x

Oh thanks ._.

I'll try my best to find a party then. I'm not sure what to do now though since I may just stop playing for a while to do some work. I'm also sort of playing trickster now in between though I will probably stop that as well.

Although finding out that the raccoon set was from the birthday event was quite disappointing since I want some free weak weapon coupons xD

01-02-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

UltimaPi is on a distinguished road
IGN: CeciliaAdlehyde
Class: Elemental Master lt_sorcerer
Guild: StarOcean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
How do I level up as quick as the people who goes to spooky village? Is that possible through soloing?

p.s. should I add dione healing (low)? or is offence more important

---
Off topic question: How does the race to level 120 event work?
I got a snow raccoon set even though I reached level 30 but I didn't start a new character in the event time and finish during the same time.
Isn't it promoting the deletion of characters?
You don't. Not without loads of exp boosts. I don't even remember where I leveled at 40... that's bad.

Offense is more important. You usually don't have time to stand around and cast a healing spell with monsters in front you.

---

You start a new character (not necessarily account) within the timeframe, and you get it to 120 or above within the timeframe. Supposedly you can do this with multiple chars on the same account.

Whether or not people delete the 120 chars is up to them. If you go through the ranking you'll see plenty of 120's though.