ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Character Types > LaTale Wizards

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-14-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Lies is on a distinguished road
Class: Wizard lt_bard
Default Future Bard needs help . D8

Hey . I'm a new player and I've decided to create a wizard . It'll be a future Minstrel ^.^ . I hope to get some assistance on the builds (if any ?), skill points distribution (of each level) and etc . :3

I've checked out both Sandrie's Bard guide and Setyroth's bard notes and I'm clueless, derp. orz I don't know which guide to follow, as Sandrie's Bard Guide is for level 80~ . If you could leave grinding spots, that would be great as well !

Thank you so much ; u ; ! <3

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-14-2011   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Derp. I'm okay with the skill distribution now (/forum/latale-wizard...g-build-2.html) , also the grinding spots. Sorry, derp. x3

10-14-2011   #3 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

does that mean you dont need help anymore lol? xD

but well just to be safe i shall answer the grinding spots anyways =D /free post count /shot

anyways from lvl 1-30 you should mainly quest. quests are much shorter and more rewarding now and there are plenty of them to get you to around 30 easily without any real grinding. if you dont want to do quests though from around 20-30 you should go to red crop field or red crop storage until youre around 30

at 30 you should find a party for spooky village lvl 30 and kill wisps. its really good leveling, be sure to bring lots of sp potions lol

you can stay there until around lvl 40-45 depending on your patience lol you can also move on to night goblins for a bit more exp

45-60 is kind of a grey zone. most things kind of suck as well as the quests lol but you should prolly go to toad forest and kill super pigs or mossmen with a combo of quests until you can go to spooky village lvl 60

from there youll pretty much stay at spooky 60 until youre around lvl 80

be sure to do toad mountain, ves, and lilliput quests as most of them are fairly easy and can give good exp

thats pretty much it from 1-80 xD

i can try and give bard skill help too if you need, but im pretty sure there are ppl that are more qualified for that here x]

10-14-2011   #4 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Trickery
Class: Sorcerer

The build that you found is fine. There are a few problems with some of the skills it tells you to get.

Useless Skills
Level 11 - Cure Poison
Level 15 - Cure Disease
Level 20 - Remove Curse

Iffy Skills
Ice Shield
Healing Practice
Spirit of Holiness
Water Elemental Mastery (Expert)
Ice Shield is nice that it reduces monster's movement speed. The problem is that if you want to level fast, you want to kill fast. No point in slowing monsters down if you're killing fast.

Healing Practice and Spirit of Holiness are healing passives. It's nice for the Undine and Dione healing. The heals are already weak and using points to increase something already weak won't make a huge difference.

Water Elemental Mastery (Expert) is kind of useless. Heal is pretty low before 80 and the Water stat boost won't be much.
The other skills that I did not mention above are find for you to learn from the guide.

PS: You do not have to follow a water build, even if you want to be a Minstrel. You get a free skill reset at level 80 so you can pretty much play with any element you want to for fun. My personal preference is wind because of the fast cast and easier combos.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

10-14-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Thank yews for your reply 8D. Esper, if you have any suggestions to other element builds, please leave a postie ~

And yayyy! Post count? D8

10-14-2011   #6 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute

i would also suggest wind element. it makes grinding faster and has wind walk which will make moving around so much easier
you can pretty much follow the water guide, but switch all the attacks with the wind respective lol tbh builds arent that important for pre-second job. as long as you have your attack skills and a few miscs here and there thats really all you need lol

on a side note i dont find mind square all that useful since you have be sitting to get its effect. healing practice and spirit of holiness prolly isnt essential either for the reason esper said

if it was me id prolly take out cure poison, cure disease, remove curse, mind square, spirit of holiness, and healing practice and go down the rage of elements tree/learn wind walk faster (at lvl 20 instead of lvl 32)

10-15-2011   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Ahs, alright . Thanks ^.^ ! And also, I'm thinking of creating another character although I'll focus on my future Bard more . I'm wondering if I should go to Gunslinger, but many people say its boring, so I don't know . I'm sure it still comes down to personal opinions but I would like yours ~

10-15-2011   #8 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games

ya its personal preference lol for me i dont find it all that boring, but i dont find it exceptionally fun either lol

for minstrel and duelist (3rd jobs of bard and gunslinger) they have similar gameplay in that they dont use that many skills. minstrels mainly use a single skill with the occasional water magic/heal if you have it and duelist mainly use two skills with the occasional wide range

sooooo basically its spamming one skill or two skills lol duelists tend to jump around for solo gameplay so it adds a little something (i guess? lol) minstrels will always be standing in place unless you use water magic lol

10-16-2011   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

o A o ; ... Thanks . ^^;; I might try Ruin Walker then, or just go with Gunslinger. Do you play OGPlanet's LaTale? x3

Okay. I'm now a Wind/Water/Heal wizard ^.^ ~ I'm using this build : /forum/latale-wizard...kill-tree.html any thing I should leave out? 8D thanks!

Last edited by BoredomKillz; 10-16-2011 at 10:05 AM. Reason: please do not double post

10-16-2011   #10 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games

i personally love ruin walker/rogue master far more than duelist/judgement (not that i have a judgement lol) but i guess thats just cause theres more variety lol and ya i do play OGPs latale. my ign is on side bar thingy, but i dont play that much anymore since all theres left to do is get more characters to subs and those are boring and tedious xD

that skilll build is fine. the only thing i dont like is that there is no wind walk in it. but thats more of a convenience and not a necessity lol also how are you water? thats just a wind/heal build o3o

10-17-2011   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Yeah, I'm a wind/water/heal wizard. Lol I'm following swiftfire's water build and 1ndex's wind build. I'm just trying to balance them out.

I'm leaving out all the skills Esper told me to, and as well as mind square.

Also! Play LaTale~ I would be interested to get more buddies ; A ;...

Hey, just here to check if I should up Magic Upgrade , like shown in /forum/latale-wizard...kill-tree.html . Also, I've got my Undine [Solo and others'] Healing to Medium .

Let me post my current build for my wizard (Level 16) here, please correct me if I should make any amends .

Water Elementary Mastery [Novice] - MAX
Bubble Bubble - MAX
----
Undine Healing [Low]
F.Undine Healing [Low]
Undine Healing [Mid]
F. Undine Healing [Mid]
----
Wind Elementary Mastery [Novice] - 1/5
Wind Cutter - MAX

Future Skills .

Water Elementary Mastery [Skilled] - MAX
Ice Fear - MAX
Ice Storm - MAX
Hailstone - MAX
----
ALL Healing Skills [Undine and Dione][F. and Solo]
----
Wind Elementary Mastery [Skilled] - MAX
Cyclone Cutter - MAX
Aero Slicer - MAX
Tornado Swing - MAX

Future Skills that are still under consideration:

Mind Square
Magic Upgrade
Magic Detection
Potential of Elements
Rage of Elements
Wind Walk
Fresh

Thanks for helping guys . 8D

Last edited by BoredomKillz; 10-17-2011 at 06:50 AM.

10-17-2011   #12 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games

two things about that. first you need to have wind mastery novice at max to learn wind mastery skilled lol and the second with that build you would need to be lvl 78 to get them all

ppl like to categorize heal as water element too so i thought you just meant wind/heal build, but if youre gonna be dual element (which is fine) then you wont be able to get any miscs just because it takes so many points to learn and max skills. since youre gonna be bard at second job it doesnt really matter, but being dual element is fairly bad unless you can get a special elemental stone (bat heart and colo stone are the low level ones) since only one element will get any magic intensity (the main attack power of magic). that being said! i wouldnt go out of my way to make a nice dual element stone since youll be going bard and they only need a water stone lol

i go on everyday ish lol its just i usually go on at night and to just sit around and talk xD have no idea where you live but you seem to always post on ggftw when im sleeping lol

also please use the edit button xD cant double post here!