ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Guides > LaTale Wizard Guides

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (9) Thread Tools Display Modes
05-31-2010   9 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

BronzeMech has a spectacular aura aboutBronzeMech has a spectacular aura about
Default The Blazingly Hot Fire Sorcerer Guide

The Blazingly Hot Fire Sorcerer Guide
v0.8 by omNOMnomNOM

Introduction
Hello! Here is some important information for you to consider before going on to read this guide.

This guide is:
+ In-depth information dealing with the setup of a Fire Sorcerer
+ Information about the element in conjunction with the character
+ A reference guide for better usage of your character

This guide is not:
- A beginner's guide that holds your hand while you read
- A law

Table of Contents
Use Ctrl+F (Find) to search for a specific section within the guide by using the bracket codes.

[A00] - About Sorcerers
[A01] - Elements Analysis (Why Fire?)
[A02] - Stats
[A03] - Equipment
[A04] - Misc. Tree
[A05] - Pets

[B00] - About PVE
[B01] - Skills Analysis
[B02] - Training
[B03] - Bosses

[C00] - About PVP
[C01] - Strengths and Weaknesses
[C02] - Skills Analysis
[C03] - Role of Equipment

[D00] - Conclusion
[D01] - Acknowledgements

[A00] - About Sorcerers
Sorcerers in general are hailed for being an 'overpowered' class due to several key factors:
+ Usage of the Epic Magic Set is standard (3000+ Max HP, 5% TMDD)
+ Unlike all of the physical classes, accuracy is not a major issue
+ Has the option of being offensive (Orb/Staff) or defensive (Dagger and Shield)
+ Two offensive equipment pieces (Elemental Stone and Orb/Staff)

Sorcerers, though, are not without their drawbacks:
- Lack of PDD
- Slow casting speed
- Reliant on quality of equipment (more on this later)
- Requires some PVP experience before gaining the ability to cast in mid-air

One unique feature of a Sorcerer over all the other classes is the ability to choose from four different elements, which have very different styles of play.

[A01] - Elements Analysis (Why Fire?)
Water
Water is the only element that is shared with Bards, but it's also the most unique of the four. It is very unpopular among Sorcerers.
+ Distinctly superior vertical range
+ Numerous 360-degree attacks
+ Very little casting delay
+ Short cooldowns
+ Most attacks are multiple-hit
+ Spells are easily chained together
+ Easy to learn
- Inferior horizontal range
- Very low damage

Wind
Wind is the standard element hailed as superior by most Sorcerers and thus is the most popular.
+ Superior horizontal range
+ Little casting delay
+ Short cooldowns
+ Reliable, 'stable' skills
+ Easy to learn
+ Boasts both a strong single-hit spell as well as a stable multiple-hit spell
+ 10 intensity from Wind Walk
- Little vertical range
- Low damage
- No 360-degree attacks

Earth
Earth is the least popular due to its awkward style.
+ High damage
+ Decent amount of 360-degree attacks
+ Decent horizontal range
- Inconsistent skill behavior
- Somewhat long cooldowns
- Difficult to learn
- Only one multiple-hit spell

And finally,
Fire
Fire is the "raw damage" element, second most-popular.
+ Highest damage of the four elements
+ Somewhat stable style
- Very long cooldowns
- Difficult to learn
- No 360-degree attacks
- Only one multiple-hit spell

So why fire?
The answer is simple: it boasts the highest damage of the four elements, making it a deadly force to be reckoned with. It may not have the horizontal range of Wind nor the vertical range and short cooldown times of Water, but it is still awesome.

[A02] - Stats
Statty Stats
Stamina adds Max HP and Defense (possibly PDD).
Magic adds Max MP and Magic Attack.
Luck adds Critical Rate and negation in PVP.

While all three stats are attractive, Luck is the most important, and Stamina is the second-most important. Magic is third. Top-tier Sorcerers will have an incredible amount of stats to devote to these three stats, and in extreme amounts, Luck will return the highest amount of awesome. The ability to land criticals and to negate others' is the most beneficial of the three choices.

As far as Stat Resetting is concerned, this is my preferred method:
-STR / +LUK
This method adds to the overall "stat pool" to be distributed among the three usable stats, and it ensures that Luck will come out on top.

There is much more information to write regarding stats analysis, but it seems that the community has little interest in technical details. I will wait until a greater need for this section is visible before I delve deeper and provide more subtle details.

If you need a calculator tool for stats analysis or reset analysis, use the Stat Reset Chart I have provided in another thread.

Not Statty Stats
The following section covers the secondary stats of interest to you as a Sorcerer as well as a rating of their importance:
Magic Critical Damage (M. Crit. Damage)
8/11
This stat can only be enchanted on Gloves. It is the source of the high numbers that you see on the screen, but you will not see them often without Luck or Magic Critical Rate.

Magic Minimum Damage (M. Min. Damage)
5/11
This stat can only be enchanted on Orbs or Staves. It contributes to the stability of your damage.

Magic Maximum Damage (M. Max. Damage)
6/11
This stat can only be enchanted on Orbs or Staves. It widens your range of damage by increasing the maximum damage.

Magic Critical Rate (M. Crit. Rate)
7/11
This stat cannot be enchanted on any equipment. It is very important to your damage output if you boast a great amount of Magic Critical Damage. It only comes as an innate stat on the following pieces of equipment of interest:
Jane's Jewelry Ring (level 50 ring, +2%)
Phoenix Earrings (level 90 earrings, +1%)
Guild Ring/Earring (+1% at 1-3, +2% at 4-7, and +3% at 8-9)
Pedestrian Orb (level 149 orb, +2% at 1-4, +3% at 5-9)
Epic Magic Hat (+1% at 1-3?, +2% at 4-7?)

It can also be attained from the following character titles:
King of Shopping (+3%)
God of Shopping (+4%)
Lucky Learn (+3%)
Lucky Strike (+4%)

Elemental Minimum Damage
3/11
This stat can only be enchanted on Elemental Stones. It is similar to but not as potent as Magic Min. Damage.

Elemental Maximum Damage
4/11
This stat can only be enchanted on Elemental Stones. It is similar to but not as potent to Magic Max. Damage.

Elemental Intensity
10/11
This stat cannot be enchanted on any equipment. It is the most important modifier for damage output. It is an innate stat on all Elemental Stones as well as four accessories:
White Glasses (level 110 glasses, +11 Earth)
Grey Glasses (level 120 glasses, +12 Fire)
Red Bindi (level 110 bindi, +11 Water)
Green Bindi (level 120 bindi, +12 Wind)

Movement Speed
11/11
This stat can only be enchanted on Shoes. It is the most important stat of all! Note that the level 128 Orichalcum Boots (M) have a bonus of +15%, but don't sacrifice the Epic Magic Set bonus for these unless you need the additional speed.

Physical Evasion
2/11
This stat can be enchanted on Shoes and Shields. It is good for avoiding physical hits both in PVP and PVE.

Target Magic Defense Decrease (TMDD)
9/11
This stat cannot be enchanted on any piece of equipment. It nullifies a portion of your opponents' Magical Defense and adds greatly to your damage (provided that your opponents have a large amount of Magical Defense). It comes innate on several pieces of equipment:
Brownie (pet, +5%)
Capt. Bong Glasses (level 110 glasses, +5%)
Hell's Stockings (level 164 stockings, +5% at 1, +10% at 9)
Hell's Earrings (level 164 earrings, +5% at 1, +10% at 9)
Hell's Set effect (Hell's Stockings and Hell's Earring worn together, +5%)

Max HP
1/11
This stat can be enchanted on.. just about anything. Only enchant for it after you have added absolutely everything else.

[A03] - Equipment
Since it is very hard to build a very high number of all three stats on a single piece of equipment, there are several distributions that people follow in gearing up their Sorcerer.

The Very Balanced Person
"Golly, it's hard to enchant all three stats on any single piece of my gear.. but I want all of them! I think I'll enchant Magic and Luck on this top, Stamina and Luck on this bottom, and Magic and Stamina on this hat! That way, over all of my equipments, I will have very-close-to-equal numbers for all three of my stats!"

The Somewhat Balanced Person
"Enchanting all three stats on any piece of my gear is hard, but I can do two! I think I'll enchant the same two stats on everything and just ditch the third one completely because that one stinks like my Aunt Jemimah's casserole."

The Unbalanced Person
"I read omNOMnomNOM's guide, and he/she said that ___ is the best stat! So, I'll just ditch the other two stats completely and enchant everything purely for ___!"

*Slaps The Very Balanced Person*
Enchanting for all three stats compromises your ability to excel in any of the three areas. Why would you do such a thing to yourself?! Be more like The Somewhat Balanced Person or The Unbalanced Person, would ya?

My Sorcerer followed in the footsteps of the The Somewhat Balanced Person by focusing on Luck and Stamina, but I really should have been The Unbalanced Person and focused on Luck only. Even though I was considered very fat with about 12000 HP outside of PVP, I did not land a critical as much as I'd have liked to. What good is excess fat, anyway? Criticals are more awesome.

Gear is more than just stats, though. The equipments that you can garner are as follows:
Helmet
A "normal" piece of equipment. Enchant for stats only, aiming for 5x/5x double-stat or 8x single-stat.

Topwear
A "normal" piece of equipment. Enchant for stats only, aiming for 5x/5x double-stat or 8x single-stat.

Bottomwear

No more copypasta, I promes!
Gloves
An "offensive" piece of equipment. Enchant for Magic Critical Damage only. Since this is the only equipment you can enchant Critical Damage on, don't compromise it by adding other, less-necessary stats. Aim for 9x% Critical Damage (level 11 or 12 if necessary).

Shoes
There are three ways to enchant shoes:
- Solely speed; level 12, aiming for 7x Movement Speed
- Both speed and evasion; single or double level 12, aiming for 6x Movement Speed or 23% Physical Evasion or both
- Solely evasion (NO, BAD RUPERT); level 12, aiming for 23% Physical Evasion

My advice to you is this: prioritize speed over evasion. If you can get both, that's nice, but the addition of evasion should not compromise your speed. It is the most important stat. Yes, it is more important than any other single stat you could ever put on any single piece of equipment.

Elemental Stone
An "offensive" piece of equipment. There are five things you could put on this thing: Elemental Min. Damage, Elemental Max. Damage, Luck, Stamina, and Magic. Obviously, it is very difficult to have all five, but it is not difficult to get two, or even three or four. Prioritize your enchants this way: Elemental Max. Damage, Elemental Min. Damage, Luck, Stamina, Magic. The stats are not really necessary because that is not what this piece of equipment is for.

Both the Min. Damage and the Max. Damage have to be maxed out (level 12), but they cannot be low enchantments either. Ideally, you would have 45%-50% on both enchants, and these require a stone with 31-33% or so at level 10. Don't worry about adding stats until your Min./Max. Damage enchantments are secured (or enchant them before adding level 12, if you can afford the necessary expenses).

The Ballong Gem (level 129) is worth noting. Even though it cannot be enchanted with more than one stat (and it is still a risky enchantment at that), it is worth an investment if you can obtain one to be upgraded. The Magic Critical Damage bonus is nice, but as you reach levels 159 and beyond, the Ballong Gem will shine even more. Normal stones are capped at level 150, but this baby has the capability to reach 199 (+7). Each upgrade adds to its Fire intensity, and that stat contributes to your damage the most out of all the damage bonuses you could ever have. Too bad that this stone is unusable in PVP!

There's also the [Fire]Pandora Tear. This is a stone that normally has one upgrade's worth of Fire intensity more than the equivalent-level normal stone. It's also usable in PVP, so craft craft craft away!

Let's not forget the [Fire]Elemental Stone from Colosseum! It has very good intensity-per-level ratio, but it is a pain to get. It is worth getting one of these if you can't get a good Ballong Gem, though. Don't attempt for level 12 until you have a backup or if it has really enough excess durability!

Eyewear
Use Grey Glasses. It should have a minimum of two stats, but ideally it should have three. The stats should be Magic Accuracy (20%+), Luck (25+), and Stamina (25+). Even though Magic Accuracy is not important, you should still have it for the few cases that people actually do have Magic Evasion.

Bindi
Valhalla Crystal.

Earrings
Even though you could get Orichalcum Earrings (level 120 earrings, +15% speed), I would choose Phoenix Earrings, Guild Earrings, or Hell's Earrings over it. Critical Rate and TMDD are very hard to come by, and these are the only three earrings with these stats.
The Phoenix Earrings will end up with around +50-60 Luck and +1% M. Crit. Rate on top of the +55 Stamina/Luck at +9, and the Guild Earrings will most likely end up with +100 Luck, +2% M. Crit Rate, and +400-ISH Max HP at +4. Hell's Earrings will have around +50 Luck, +100-1000 Max HP and +5-10% TMDD (+5% more if you wear it with Hell's Stockings). It's up to you which earrings you go after.

Ring
Choose between the Guild Ring (+2% M. Crit Rate, +400-ISH hp) or Jane's Jewelry Ring (+2% M. Crit Rate). You could end up with around +50 Luck/Stamina or +100 Luck on the Jane Ring or +100 Luck on the Guild Ring. Up to you!

Stockings
Use either:
Pink Stockings (level 120, +150 Max HP) with two or three stats. The three ideal stats are Physical Evasion (17%), Luck (25+), and Stamina (25+).
Hell's Stockings (level 164, +100-1000 Max SP, +5-10% TMDD) without any additional stats. Up to you! Maybe you can carry both and wear one depending on the situation.

Weapon
Dagger
A "defensive" weapon. Use either Privaring Dagger (level 32, +10% TMDD), Javawalk Magic Dagger (level 72, +10% TMDD), or Vintor Water Dagger (no TMDD, but it has 40% enemy Movement Speed reduction). The first two daggers are almost identical (the Privaring has some physical-activated effects, but the Javawalk boasts more Magic Min. Damage). However, the Privaring is much easier to craft because the urns are cheaper. Thus, it is much easier to obtain an option-crafted Privaring Dagger than a Javawalk Magic Dagger. Enchant these for Luck and Stamina (Luck first!). Out of the three, however, the Vintor Water Dagger is by far the easiest to obtain. In PVP, any of the three will work wonderfully, but the Vintor Water Dagger is not recommended for PVE as it lacks TMDD.

Orb/Staff
The "offensive" weapons. It really doesn't matter which one you wear (Orb is +7% Defense, Staff is +5% Magic Accuracy), but it does matter what you put on these! These weapons are the only place that you can enchant for Min./Max. Magic Damage, so don't worry about other stats so much. Both enchantments must be maxed out at level 12 because they greatly add to your damage output. Ideally, you should have 6x% Min. Damage and high 6x-7x% Max. Damage. Note that the two numbers must not differ so much because stability is important too! Magic Accuracy is nice, but it's not a must. Most things won't need more accuracy to hit than the Glasses gives.

Shield
A "defensive" piece of equipment that you can only wear with a Dagger. Ideally, it should have three stats: Physical Evasion (17-23%), Luck (50+), and Stamina (50+).

Note that you can also invest in some special shields, such as Mountain Kong Beauty Guard (not worth it!) or Red Cell Tube Shield (hard to get). If you craft these, you should have two stats (one is from craft): Physical Evasion (17%) and Luck (50+). The Red Cell Tube Shield is unique because it also has the innate bonus of +5% Max HP as well as the ability to deflect attackers (which may be good or bad.. depending on how you play).

Epic Magic Set vs. Ecstatic Set
In PVP, Epic Magic Set is superior without any shadow of a doubt because the Ecstatic Set's winning point (its PDD) is nullified. The Magic bonus that the Ecstatic Set gives is less helpful than the Max HP bonus of the Epic Magic Set. However, getting a whole set may often require obtaining 7-8 of each individual piece. Prepare to lose a lot in PVP with your silly, crummy non-Epic-Magic-Set armor while you are in the process of obtaining it! (Not really. Use this crucial step as a time to learn how to play your character. If you can do well without gear, you will do even better with it.)

In PVE, the usefulness of the Epic Magic Set comes from its (again) Max HP bonus. However, this gives light to another problem: you may have a lot of HP, but all of that HP will go down quickly because you have no defense. That means that you will be eating and drinking potions 16/6 (because we all sleep 8 hours a day and rest on Sundays). The Ecstatic Set gives you another kind of advantage: PDD. While it may not add a massive amount to your HP pool, by the time you can obtain a +4 Ecstatic Set, you will have a large enough base HP to live without the Epic Magic Set's bonus. You will take way less damage too, so you will churn less potions. You just have less Max HP. Obtaining a good set (220+ base durability) may not be easy, too.

But getting both armor sets means that you have to enchant two sets of armor. That's (deep voice) double the puzzles!

Special Gear
Pedestrian Orb
Without the capability to craft this, only upgrade/use this if you want to PVE; and even then, you should have some massive Max. Magic Damage on it (around 80%). Only use this indefinitely if you can obtain a decent amount of Min. and Max. Magic Damage on it.

Invoke Flame Staff
This may be worth getting, after all. I will update this guide after I have completed some research and testing.

Colosseum Staff/Orb
This will be worth getting in the long run, but it only truly shows how awesome it is once you upgrade it to at least +8.

Ninja Knife
Trades 10% TMDD for 15% Movement Speed. Up to the player's preference in PVP, but not recommended for PVE. Like the Pedestrian Orb, it is highly recommended to use this only if it is option-crafted.

Advanced Colosseum Mountain Kong Beauty Guard What a name!
This shield is actually a very good shield, both for PVP and PVE. However, it is very expensive to get. If you manage to get ahold of one of these, enchant it for Physical Damage Decrease, Magical Damage Decrease, Physical Evasion, Stamina, Luck, or any combination of the previous to taste.

So what should my gear look like when all is said and done?!
Well, Rupert, I will only be showing you what my ideal gear would look like. You can swap out a few pieces (see above) if you want!
PVE (Pretty Much Perfect):
Helmet: Epic Magic Hat +7 (12+120 Luck)
Topwear: Epic Magic Top +7 (12+120 Luck)
Bottomwear: Epic Magic Bottoms +7 (12+120 Luck)
Gloves: Epic Magic Gloves +7 (12+120% Magic Critical Damage)
Shoes: Epic Magic Shoes +7 (12+80 Movement Speed)
Elemental Stone: [Fire]Ballong Gem +9 (12+50% Max. Fire Damage)
Eyewear: Grey Glasses (10+22% Magic Accuracy, 10+33 Luck, 10+33 Stamina, 10+33 Magic)
Bindi: Valhalla Crystal (10+33 Luck, 10+33 Stamina, 10+33 Magic)
Earrings: Hell's Earrings +9 (12+70 Luck)
Ring: Guild Ring +9 (12+120 Luck)
Stockings: Hell's Stockings +9
Weapon (Dagger): Privaring Dagger +9 (12+70 Luck, 12+70 Stamina)
Shield: Adv. Colo. Mtn. Kong Beauty Guard +15 (12+50 Physical Damage Decrease, 12+23% Physical Evasion, 12+70 Luck)
Weapon (Staff/Orb): Colosseum Javawalk Magic Orb +9 (12+80% Min. Magic Damage, 12+80% Max. Magic Damage, 12+30% Magic Accuracy)

PVE (More Likely):
Helmet: Epic Magic Hat +7 (10+85 Luck)
Topwear: Epic Magic Top +7 (10+85 Luck)
Bottomwear: Epic Magic Bottoms +7 (10+85 Luck)
Gloves: Epic Magic Gloves +7 (12+90% Magic Critical Damage)
Shoes: Epic Magic Shoes +7 (12+65 Movement Speed)
Elemental Stone: [Fire]Ballong Gem +9 (10+30% Max. Fire Damage)
Eyewear: Grey Glasses (10+20% Magic Accuracy, 10+30 Luck)
Bindi: Valhalla Crystal (10+30 Luck)
Earrings: Hell's Earring +9 (10+50 Luck)
Ring: Guild Ring +4 (12+100 Luck)
Stockings: Hell's Stockings +9
Weapon (Dagger): Privaring Dagger +9 (10+50 Luck, 10+50 Stamina)
Shield: Adv. Colo. Mtn. Kong Beauty Guard +11 (12+50 Physical Damage Decrease, 12+23% Physical Evasion, 12+70 Luck)
Weapon (Staff/Orb): Colosseum Javawalk Magic Orb +9 (12+70% Min. Magic Damage, 12+70% Max. Magic Damage)

PVP (Pretty Much Perfect):
Helmet: Epic Magic Hat +7 (12+120 Luck)
Topwear: Epic Magic Top +7 (12+120 Luck)
Bottomwear: Epic Magic Bottoms +7 (12+120 Luck)
Gloves: Epic Magic Gloves +7 (12+120% Magic Critical Damage)
Shoes: Epic Magic Shoes +7 (12+80 Movement Speed)
Elemental Stone: [Fire]Pandora Tear +9 (12+50% Min. Fire Damage, 12+50% Max. Fire Damage)
Eyewear: Grey Glasses (10+22% Magic Accuracy, 10+33 Luck, 10+33 Stamina, 10+33 Magic)
Bindi: Valhalla Crystal (10+33 Luck, 10+33 Stamina, 10+33 Magic)
Earrings: Guild Earrings +9 (12+120 Luck)
Ring: Guild Ring +9 (12+120 Luck)
Stockings: Pink Stockings (10+17% Physical Evasion, 10+33 Luck, 10+33 Stamina, 10+33 Magic)
Weapon (Dagger): Ninja Knife +9 (12+70 Luck, 12+70 Stamina)
Shield: Red Cell Tube Shield +9 (12+23% Physical Evasion, 12+70 Luck)
Weapon (Staff/Orb): White Snowplake (12+80% Min. Magic Damage, 12+80% Max. Magic Damage, 12+30% Magic Accuracy, 12+70 Luck)

PVP (More Likely):
Helmet: Epic Magic Hat +7 (10+85 Luck)
Topwear: Epic Magic Top +7 (10+85 Luck)
Bottomwear: Epic Magic Bottoms +7 (10+85 Luck)
Gloves: Epic Magic Gloves +7 (12+90% Magic Critical Damage)
Shoes: Epic Magic Shoes +7 (12+65 Movement Speed)
Elemental Stone: [Fire]Pandora Tear +9 (12+40% Min. Fire Damage, 12+45% Max. Fire Damage)
Eyewear: Grey Glasses (10+20% Magic Accuracy, 10+30 Luck)
Bindi: Valhalla Crystal (10+30 Luck)
Earrings: Guild Earrings +4 (12+100 Luck)
Ring: Guild Ring +4 (12+100 Luck)
Stockings: Pink Stockings (10+17% Physical Evasion, 10+30 Luck)
Weapon (Dagger): Ninja Knife +9 (10+50 Luck, 10+50 Stamina)
Shield: Red Cell Tube Shield +9 (10+17% Physical Evasion, 10+50 Luck)
Weapon (Staff/Orb): White Snowplake (12+70% Min. Magic Damage, 12+70% Max. Magic Damage)

[A04] - Misc. Tree
For your elemental buff, get Wind Walk and Wind Walk alone (not any other)! The other ones can go blow some hair off of their face.

As far as the Elemental Flow tree goes, I recommend only getting up to Elemental Master (maxed). Elemental Flow is optional for use during grinding, but eventually you will have to reset out of it until you reach 19x+ (when you can allot points into it). The Critical Tree is nice, but it is not a must. Do aim to max out Understanding of Elements, though. FIRE INTENSITY whoooooooo!

I have across some information that reports the arrival of 3rd job will increase the elemental intensity boost of the elemental buffs from +10 to +40. This is a severe crutch to Fire Sorcerers, since Wind Walk is too important to sacrifice for 40 Fire intensity. Due to the increase, Wind Sorcerers will have the closer damage output to Fire (but not matching it). I will comment on this more when I have some first-hand experience with 3rd job.

[A05] - Pets
Pets are not necessary (except for auto-loot) if you have built your Sorcerer well because Fire Sorcerers are already awesome enough.

Still, most people can't pass up the bonuses that various pets give, so here are the notable pets (in order from most recommended to least):
1. Pink Panda or White Tiger
+35% Critical Damage (+200 Max HP on White Tiger)
If you have built your Fire Sorcerer to be Luck-based, this is the pet you want. You will be hitting criticals very often, and this increases the damage that you deal even more. The damage difference can very well mean the difference between stunning and not stunning. I recommend this over Brownie because Brownie is not very effective in PVP as a Fire Sorcerer.

2. Brownie
+5% TMDD, +200 Max HP
5% TMDD is very helpful in PVE, but it also contributes to your damage in PVP. Sadly, TMDD does not contribute as greatly to a Fire Sorcerer's damage in PVP as a Pink Panda would. It is better than a Pink Panda in PVE, though!

3. Choky
+12% Evasion, +35% Critical Damage (short PVP-only buff)
This pet is only for those of you who actually bother to build up Evasion.. though I don't recommend it!

Comments on Other Pets
Some other pets are worth mentioning (though not recommended):
Priring
Use this pet for its short PVP-only buff, Magnificent Blocking Shield of Awesome. It reduces all damage taken directly by 100, and it can mean the difference between being knocked back or not.

Gumiho
A cheap version of Pink Panda.

Black Cat
A cheap version of Choky.

[B00] - About PVE
THIS IS WHERE WE ARE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE! *tribal chant hu hu hu hu* Fire Sorcerers are, for the most part, the kings and queens of PVE because we control mobs like no other! Even our lowest skill hits 4 mobs!

[B01] - Skills Analysis
The following section goes over the usefulness of the four spells in context of PVE as well as a rating for their overall quality.
Fire Burst
1/4
+ Fastest to cast
+ Moves character back (allows for recovery)
+ Short cooldown
- Shortest horizontal range
- No vertical range
- Low damage
- Hits the fewest amount of monsters

Flame Burst
2/4
+ High damage
+ Hits many monsters
- Second-slowest cast time
- No vertical range
- Long cooldown

Illusion Fire
3/4
+ Highest single-hit damage
+ Hits many monsters
- Slowest cast time
- No vertical range
- LONG cooldown

Fire Blaster
4/4
+ High damage
+ Hits many monsters
+ The only multiple-hit spell (2)
+ Longest horizontal range
+ Decent vertical range
+ Second-fastest cast time
- LONG COOLDOWN

Ten Flames (Ultimate)
+ Huge range
+ Knocks monsters away
- Only hits twice

[B02] - Training
Sorcerers don't differ so much in training style, but when a big number of monsters are involved, Fire Sorcerers truly show their inner awesome. For mobs that take more than 5 skills to destroy, there is really only one combo that allows for an infinite chain.. and it's really long so I'm not going to list it here.

The main idea behind a Fire Sorcerer's training is to gather the greatest amount of monsters in the smallest amount of time. We cannot train effectively if we are forced to mobs smaller than 3!

The following is the recommended training path for given level ranges:
80-90: Lizardmen, Nez
90-100: Night Goblins, Campers
100-110: Burgers
110-120: Dark Ninjas
120-135: Red Ninjas
135-140: Big Bellies
140-150: Fenrirs
150-165: Linches and Big Bellies
165-200: Erazers

Note that all of these monsters will be dealing extremely large amounts of unreduced damage to you since you will have no PDD from the Epic Magic Set. This is the only excuse you can have for ditching the set and going for an Ecstatic Set instead (losing 3000 HP or so to gain some 60-odd PDD or something like that), though I would not personally do it.

[B03] - Bosses
Bosses are where Fire Sorcerers don't shine. Bosses are generally resistant to criticals, and Fire Sorcerers don't do any damage without that! Don't expect to be a major contributer of speed boss runs or to be able to solo bosses effectively. Oh yeah. Your lack of PDD also makes you take high damage from bosses, so get those Cherry Potions ready!

[C00] - About PVP
A Fire Sorcerer is not generally seen as a "top-tier" PVP class because Wind seems to triumph over it. However, if you play the element well, you will be unstoppable minus one or two Gunslingers!

[C01] - Strengths and Weaknesses
Your own general strengths/weaknesses are as follows (assuming you followed my build):
+ Most attacks are single-hit, allowing for easy stunning
+ Three types of spells (more on this later) cover most situations
+ Great amounts of movement speed
+ Devastating critical damage
+ Large HP pool
+ Resistant to criticals
- Three of four spells have short range
- Long cooldowns can be disastrous
- Mediocre (at best) airplay
- Horrible recovery on non-stunning attacks (won't happen often against most people)

Against all of the other classes in PVP, this is how I would rank them in difficulty in 1v1 (assuming that they know what they're doing and that they have very good gear):
1. Gunslinger
- Your Luck is completely negated
- Your range is shorter
- Your skills are slower
- You often cannot hit them at all

2. Treasure Hunter (Dagger)
- Your range is shorter
- Your skills are slower
- You will be thrown out of the air often
- Your Movement Speed will be crippled
+ They have very little HP

3. Guardian
- Your damage will barely put a dent on their HP
- You rely on criticals to bring them down
- You will have a hard time hitting them
- You cannot stun them without criticals
- Your skills are slower
- You cannot predict their movement easily
+ They don't deal very much damage
+ They have very short range

4. Treasure Hunter (Crossbow)
- You will feel like you're fighting a Gunslinger
- Your range is shorter
- Your skills are slower
- Your HP will go down the drain if you get hit by a single-hit skill
+ They leave big openings after most skills
+ Their limited repertoire of fast skills causes predictability

5. Warlord (Spear)
- You will be always within reach of that spear
- You can find yourself hit in the back often
- Your skills are slower
- Your HP will go down quickly
- You'd be hard-pressed to find an opening to their backside
+ They have fewer Luck than you do
+ They rely on two skills to do most of the fighting
+ They move slower than you do

6. Sorcerer (Wind)
- You have shorter range
- You have longer cooldowns
+ They do less damage
+ They can only stun you with one skill

6.5. Sorcerer (Fire)

7. Sorcerer (Earth)
- You have longer cooldowns
+ Their fourth (strongest) skill is almost-unusable against you

8. Warlord (Sword)
- You will be reached by the tip of their sword from across the screen
- Your HP can go down quickly
- Your skills are slower
+ Their attacks are mostly one-directional
+ Their attacks leave huge openings if you avoid them
+ They have lower Movement Speed

9. Treasure Hunter (Bow)
+ Their attacks leave huge openings
+ Their attacks are weak and are divided into multiple hits

10. Sorcerer (Water)
- Your attacks have longer cooldown
- You will find yourself in long Water combos
- You will be plucked out of mid-air easily
+ Their attacks are weak
+ Their attacks have shorter range

11. Blader
- Your HP can go down quite fast
+ They have no range
+ They have no range
+ They have no range
+ They have no Luck

12. Meister
- You will spend a lot of time kiting (can get tiring)
- You will avoid turrets to avoid being lame
+ They have a hard time hitting you aside from using the skills
+ They cannot easily lock you into a combo

13. Bard
Just like Sorcerer (Water) sans Wind Walk.

14. Templar (Sword)
- You will take a while to deplete their HP
- You might find your spells cancelled quite often
+ They have no range
+ They have less Movement Speed
+ They have no Luck

15. Templar (Mace)
Just like a Templar (Sword) sans cancelling your spells.

[C02] - Skills Analysis
The following section goes over the usefulness of the four spells in context of PVE as well as a rating for their overall quality.
Fire Burst
3/4
+ Fastest to cast
+ Fastest to land damage
+ Moves character back (protects backside)
+ Short cooldown
- Short horizontal range
- No vertical range
- Does not stun without a critical
- Horrible recovery delay

This spell is the only one that can:
+ Follow a ground Uppercut
+ Follow an opponent's Counter-Attack
+ Reliably catch people mid-air
+ Reliably catch jumpers during landing
+ Follow any other spell in a combo
+ Cancel most opponents' skills

Flame Burst
2/4
+ High damage, comparable to Illusion Fire
+ Decent horizontal range (same as Illusion Fire)
+ Fast enough to land damage
+ Can stun without critical on a back hit
- Somewhat long cast time
- No vertical range
- Long cooldown

+ Reliably crack after a jumping-catch (during the landing of an opponent's jump) Uppercut
+ Put fear into the hearts of your opponents

Illusion Fire
1/4
+ High damage
- Long cast time
- Slow to land damage
- Weird hitbox when jumping due to cast time
- No vertical range
- LONG cooldown

+ Produce the highest numbers anyone will ever see in PVP sans Ultimates

Fire Blaster
4/4
+ High damage
+ Hits twice
+ Long horizontal range
+ Decent vertical range
+ Fast to cast
+ Fast to land damage
- LONG COOLDOWN
- Short persistence of spell hit

+ Make other people keep their distance
+ Knock people down from a standing start
+ Start a three-spell combo if the opponent stuns without falling
+ Almost reliably kill people in one cast if one or both hits land a critical

Where is Ten Flames (Ultimate)?!
I don't condone using Ultimates in PVP because they literally take no skill to use, and they almost-always instantly kill the opponent. Still, you should take it upon yourself to learn how to counter others' Ultimates without having to use yours. If you can excel in PVP without using Ultimates, more power to you! *Tips hat*

[C03] - Role of Equipment
In PVP, there are only four important stats that really determine how well you will fare against opponents: Movement Speed, Luck, (Total) Max HP, Magic Critical Damage. In that order. If your equipments are lacking these stats, then you are crippling yourself! See the Equipment section above at [A03] to see how to optimize your equipment to focus on these stats.

Magic Accuracy plays an important role here, though, if you have none at all. You will miss a lot. A lot. A lot. The 20% from the Glasses makes a big difference.

Dagger and Shield vs. Orb/Staff
The two types of weapon equipment differ greatly in PVP in stun behavior as well as in stats.
Dagger and Shield
+ More defense, Luck, Stamina, and Physical Evasion
+ Stable damage
+ 5% TMDD
+ Tendency to fall after one stun hit
- No Min./Max. Magic modifiers

Orb/Staff
+ A great amount of damage added (easily crack opponents)
- Tendency to continue being stunned after an initial stun hit

The following section will detail which weapon I recommend against certain classes:
Orb/Staff
Sorcerer
Bard
Treasure Hunter (Dagger)
Meister
Templar (Sword or Mace)
Guardian (when offensive)

Dagger and Shield
Gunslinger
Treasure Hunter (Bow or Crossbow)
Warlord (Spear or Sword)
Blader
Guardian (when defensive)

Why are Guardians in both columns?
Guardians are very fat, but they have an uncanny ability to lock people in a stun. To be able to flinch them effectively, you need the power of an orb/staff, but to not be suicidal when you are on the defensive, you need the lack of stunlock of a dagger and shield.

Also a major factor in how well you can excel in PVP is your latency. You cannot excel in PVP if you have high latency. The following is my interpretation of latency:
5-8 ms: Perfect!
9-15 ms: Really good!
16-30 ms: Still okay!
31-45 ms: Hmm..
46-60 ms: Maybe endgame PVP is not for you.
61-80 ms: Comment above x2!
81+ ms: Don't depend on anything to save you now (except the hope for being matched up against someone with higher latency)

[D00] - Conclusion
You can read all the guides in the world and still suck as a Fire Sorcerer. If that happens, then there is only one advice I can give you: be one with the fire. It may sound incredibly cheesy, but you really have to know instinctively how your character will behave if you push this button or that button. Knowing what will happen is not enough. You must truly feel every small change surging through your fingers as you press those buttons. Only once you achieve that level of Mastery can you be truly awesome.

[D01] - Acknowledgements
I'd like to thank the following people/things for their contribution in the writing of this guide:
+ Me, for writing this guide in one, long, seven-hour marathon
+ Me, for knowing all of this stuff
+ Me, for deciding to share my experience

+ La Tale, for letting me learn all of this stuff
+ Many victims in PVP, for letting me take advantage of them
+ OGPlanet, for being lame
+ My Bear Family, for being bears
+ /ggFTW's "Preview Post" function, oh how I hath abused thee
+ The smiley, for expressing my feelings toward OGPlanet
+ Did I mention OGPlanet yet?
+ This sentence, for making the guide longer by ten words

Last edited by BronzeMech; 02-12-2011 at 10:13 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-31-2010   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Zeryu has a spectacular aura aboutZeryu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to Zeryu Send a message via Skype™ to Zeryu
IGN: Noriko
Class: Asuka-to-be lu_arien
Level: 7x
Guild: Lunatic

Wow,awesome Guide,really.
I only read up to the non-stat things and skimmed over the rest but only from that i can see that the guide is really detailed,in depht and describes all the good and bad points instead of just saying 'This class is awesome,play it'.
+Rep and +100 E-Brownies for you,my good sir :]

.................................................. .................................................. .......................................Now I realize, I can do anything

05-31-2010   #3 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

This guide is amazing.
It makes me want to jump back on my Fire Wizard!

/ / / Playing:Tree of Savior

05-31-2010   #4 (permalink)
Wen
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Ragnarok OnlineLa TaleElsword

Wen is just really niceWen is just really niceWen is just really niceWen is just really niceWen is just really nice
IGN: Shikigami
Class: Minstrel lt_bard

Oh wow, really awesome guide that you've wrote there! So referring Zuro to this guide!

Next up: Jan 05 Update Review

05-31-2010   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Zael is on a distinguished road
Class: Everything lt_mage
Guild: TeamLati

this guide rocks.

---
Latiam - 193 Elemental Master / Silhana - 194 Minstrel / Aerinn - 190 Judgment / Latimer - 193 Dragoon
Zaels - 196/194 Ruin Walker / Kyliee - 194 Sword Dancer / Barius - 193 Holy Order
---
Level 40 Dura Top/Hat/Bottom Armor and Camo Accessory Crafter! Service is free, PM/whisper for requests

05-31-2010   #6 (permalink)
The Beast
Games
La TaleTrickster Online

Redz will become famous soon enough
IGN: GrimLuck
Class: Maestro/Ministrel lt_bard
Level: 194/193
Guild: SolarBreak
Xfire: Grimmy

Credit: Noperative

07-04-2010   #7 (permalink)
Where is MetalGarurumon?
Games
La TaleLegend of EddaElswordLeague of Legends

WarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really nice

I was just wondering. What type of mantle should I be using?

Fire Elemental +5 or a Rabana Mantle +4 with +25 Stam/Luck?

07-05-2010   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

BronzeMech has a spectacular aura aboutBronzeMech has a spectacular aura about

The Fire Elemental +5 is superior to the Rabana Mantle +4 since the damage addition is great enough to sacrifice the bonus in Luck or Stamina.