ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Guides > LaTale Wizard Guides

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (128) Thread Tools Display Modes
11-23-2009   128 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
???

Envy is on a distinguished road
IGN: Lovedrug
Class: Archmage lu_eir
Default Bard Skill Builds + Insight

These are all level 200 endgame builds. You can adjust them to your liking or decide which order you add your skills.

July 18th, 2010 - Updated with 4/4 skills and 5th tier

-------------------------------------

I. Pure Defensive Build:
- becomes inefficient later on, but definitely a great build for starting out if you have a grinding partner
- maxing sonic protection early on will serve as a replacement for elemental flow, as most monsters won't do over 100 damage until you hit cookie garden
- enchant stamina and luck on your gear (your luck negates your opponents luck, thus reducing their crit rate)

Heals:
Guitar Heal I - 1/1
Guitar Heal II - 1/1
Guitar Heal III - 1/1
Party Guitar Heal I - 1/1
Party Guitar Heal II - 1/1
Party Guitar Heal III - 1/1
Guitar Group Heal - 1/1
Total Skill Points: 12

Guitar:
Evil Sound - 5/5
Fortissimo - 10/10
Holy Sound - 5/5
Sound of Water Element - 10/10
Sonic Protection - 10/10
Sound of Heart - 10/10
Sound of Spirit - 10/10
Hearing Confusion - 10/10
Total Skill Points: 120

Misc:
Magic Upgrade - 10/10
Elemental Harmony - 10/10
Elemental Protection - 10/10
Elemental Master - 10/10
Elemental Flow - 10/10
Total Skill Points: 60

Water:
Water Elemental Master[Novice] - 5/5
Water Elemental Master[Skilled] - 1/10
Bubble Bubble - 3/3
Total Skill Points: 9

II. Hybrid Defensive Build:
- not a good starting build as you'll find yourself doing very weak damage with water II and in constant need of skill points
- the best pvp build by far (defense > offense as a bard)
- enchant luck and stamina on your gear to excel in pvp while still doing decent damage in pve due to a high crit rate from luck

Heals:
Guitar Heal I - 1/1
Guitar Heal II - 1/1
Guitar Heal III - 1/1
Guitar Group Heal - 1/1

Guitar:
Evil Sound - 5/5
Holy Sound - 5/5
Fortissimo - 10/10
Sound of Heart - 10/10
Sound of Spirit - 10/10
Total Skill Points: 90

Misc:
Magic Upgrade - 10/10
Elemental Harmony - 10/10
Elemental Protection - 1/10
Total Skill Points: 21

Water:
Water Elemental Master[Skilled] - 10/10
Water Elemental Master[Expert] - 7/10
Bubble Bubble - 3/3
Ice Fear - 3/3
Ice Storm - 3/3
Hailstone - 3/3
Bubble Bubble II - 4/4
Ice Fear II - 4/4
Ice Storm II - 4/4
Hailstone II - 4/4
Total Skill Points: 77

Note: Switching out sound of water element for Sonic Protection isn't a bad idea if you're crazy about pvp. It'll be more effective against gunslingers when combined with holy sound, and for extra, the priring damage reduction buff.

III. Offensive (Critical) Build:
- only for those who have very good gear! you'll most likely die a lot with this build earlier on if you have bad gear
- the best endgame grinding build as you'll be good for healing as well as dps for Colosseum runs
- potential to do way more damage than any water sorcerer
- enchant magic and luck on your gear for the best possible dmg, but if you're without the epic magic set, stamina might be needed to survive in the higher Colosseum stages

Heals:
Guitar Heal I - 1/1
Guitar Heal II - 1/1
Guitar Heal III - 1/1
Guitar Group Heal - 1/1

Guitar:
Evil Sound - 5/5
Fortissimo - 10/10
Sound of Heart - 10/10
Sound of Spirit - 10/10
Total Skill Points: 75

Misc:
Magic Upgrade - 10/10
Magic Detection - 10/10
Potential of Elements - 3/3
Rage of Elements - 10/10
Total Skill Points: 39

Water:
Water Elemental Master[Skilled] - 10/10
Water Elemental Master[Expert] - 4/10
Bubble Bubble - 3/3
Ice Fear - 3/3
Ice Storm - 3/3
Hailstone - 3/3
Bubble Bubble II - 4/4
Ice Fear II - 4/4
Ice Storm II - 4/4
Hailstone II - 4/4
Total Skill Points: 74

IV. Full Support (Healing) Build:
- very useful for Colosseum as you'll be carrying your parties through with heals all the way, but will still be able to use Fortissimo for that extra damage boost
- combine the healing misc skills with an Advanced Colosseum guitar which also adds healing %, and your heals will get pretty insane
- enchanting magic and stamina on your gear is smart for this build, because the amount you heal is based on magic, and stamina is always nice to keep you alive longer

Heals:
Guitar Heal I - 1/1
Guitar Heal II - 1/1
Guitar Heal III - 1/1
Guitar Group Heal - 1/1

Guitar:
Evil Sound - 5/5
Fortissimo - 10/10
Holy Sound - 5/5
Sound of Heart - 10/10
Sound of Spirit - 10/10
Sonic Protection - 10/10
Hearing Confusion - 10/10
Total Skill Points: 100

Misc:
Magic Upgrade - 10/10
Mind Square - 10/10
Healing Practice - 10/10
Spirit of Holiness - 10/10
Purification - 10/10
Hand of Holy Spirit - 10/10
Total Skill Points: 60

Water:
Water Element Master[Novice] - 5/5
Water Element Master[Skilled] - 10/10
Water Element Master[Expert] - 10/10
Bubble Bubble - 3/3
Total Skill Points: 28

Bard Skills - Insight

Heals:
Just get every heal. A bard without heals is just plain stupid. You'll only be using group heal in pve, but in pvp you'll have to alternate between group heal and party heal III since there is a cooldown.

Guitar:

Recovery Sound: It roots you on the spot for 10 seconds and does 15 heals to your party. It really sucks now because it got nerfed. I had it before it was nerfed and it was pretty good saving mp at bosses, but now it's just trash. Buy some medium soda pots if you're going to boss now, you can't rely on this skill anymore. x.x

Offense Sound: I'm honestly not too sure about this skill, but I've been told it's garbage. Again, it roots you on the spot for 10 seconds and I'm not sure how much offense it really adds. I was told it was only 5% max for everyone in your party but you, but I know that's probably wrong. Stay away from this skill unless you know 100% what it does.

Holy Sound: Roots you on the spot for 10 seconds while playing the song. A nerfed 2 minute version of the buff occurs after 5 seconds, and a 6 minute version after the full duration of the song. Adds a huge % of defense, 6% per skill level I believe. 30% is worth the skill points, but the real challenge is getting your party to stop and let you cast this full buff on them. Most of the time they won't even want it.

Evil Sound: The main attack skill for bards. Hits 15 times on a maximum of six enemies and the song lasts for 10 seconds, rooting you on the spot. Damage across 4 or more enemies becomes lower due to the balance factor, so be aware of that when fighting mobs that are hard to knock back. The damage dealt is based on magic damage and water stats. It's the best skill to grind with solo, but you'll want to have water II if you do a lot of fast-paced party grinding.

Cure Poison/Disease: Don't even bother. Poison does hardly anything. Disease can be annoying but its still not worth the 1 skill point invested in this skill since hardly any monsters use it.

Sound of Water Element:Adds 3 water stats per level, max of 30 at level 10. 30 water is a huge increase in damage in pve, believe it or not. It's definitely worth the 20 points if you're looking for higher damage.

Sonic Protection: It blocks 100 damage for 40 seconds at max. The cool down is 45 seconds so you can be constantly using this except for that 5 second gap. Makes you pretty much invincible at earlier levels, but gets useless later on. In pvp it's nerfed to only reduce 50 damage, but still very good if you're fighting gunslingers or other classes with multi-hit skills.

Sound of Heart: 3% of a random main stat (luck, str, magic, sta), 30% at max level. Lasts for 10 minutes. Definitely max this, no matter what build you are.

Sound of Spirit: 70 hp per level, 700 max hp at max level, lasts 10 minutes. Also a must-have.

Elemental Cry: Decreases 50 water resistance of enemy per level, 500 at max. It's a short debuff that you have to cast first before it takes effect. It's only about a second extra to cast the skill then use an attack so it's not that big of a deal, but it only adds around 100 extra damage at max level. It's good at low levels, but still, it gets annoying to cast every time you want to kill something.

Devil Voice: Awful debuff that does damage over time, but insanely slow damage over time. You'd most likely kill the enemy before it even takes effect, and it's not worth the 10 skill points if you're just going to use it at bosses for a tiny bit more damage. Avoid this one for sure.

Hearing Confusion: Debuffs 3% of enemy's str per level, 30% at max. It's like elemental cry when you cast it, so again it may be annoying for some people to cast it every time there's a mob. Very useful against bosses and giant mobs though. I would still recommend avoiding this skill until you have all your primary skills maxed out.

Misc:

Magic Upgrade: 30% magic; max it

Elemental Harmony: 10% physical evasion

Elemental Protection: Heals hp/sp for 10 seconds and makes you immune to all magic spells. Pretty nice if you actually find enemies that use magic attacks. Probably the most annoying skill for other sorcerers or bards in pvp. Another bonus for going towards elemental flow.

Elemental Master: 10% max magic damage

Elemental Flow: Chance of healing hp/sp after you land a successful attack. The amount healed goes up as you level the skill, not the % chance. With this skill, potless grinding is possible. Awesome skill but it takes so much sp to go down towards it and then actually max it that most people never get there.

Patience: Just adds 550 max hp at max. Not really worth 20 skill points but if you have nothing else to add it to and you're stacking hp then go for it.

Magic Detection: 10% magic evasion

Potential of Elements: 3 skill points per level but only 3 levels. Adds 1% magic crit rate per level which is pretty good if you like critting :O

Rage of Elements: 10% crit damage at max. It's alright if you crit a lot.

Understanding of Elements: Too much skill points for too little damage increase. Avoid it.

Instant Heal: Not worth the skill points spent in the pre-requisite. Just don't bother with it.

Mind Square: Increased hp/sp regen when you sit. Pretty useless buff but it's a prereq for other skills. Might as well max it if you're full support and sit a lot when you're doing nothing.

Healing Practice: 10% chance of crit heals

Spirit of Holiness: 20% more to heals

Purification: 30% more to heals, but it's an active buff that all your party members must receive before taking effect

Hand of Holy Spirit: Not too sure how good it really is since I've never had it or known anyone who has, but from the description it looks pretty good. What it really does is uses 3 mp to restore 5 hp, and I believe the % of occurrence increases as you level the skill. It could drain your mp very fast, which is needed for heals, so this skill is pretty iffy.

Water Magic:

Novice Mastery: 5% accuracy for 5 skill points.

Skilled Mastery: Adds 1% min/max water damage per level, 10% at max. Not to be mistaken with min/max magic damage, which is by far more powerful. It's worth maxing if you have a water element +4

Expert Mastery: It's only +10 water stat and 10% more healing ability at max which isn't that great. If you have a +4 water element, one point in this skill is good enough. If you are full support, it's a must-have though, because 10% healing ability could make a big difference added on to the healing tree miscs.

I'm not going to go into all the water skills. If you want to see how they all look, you can watch this youtube video I uploaded a while back:

Credit to Sharpe for this bard 5th tier video:

Last edited by Envy; 07-18-2010 at 10:13 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-23-2009   #2 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games
La TaleDragon SagaGrand FantasiaMapleStory

LilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Evey
Class: The Master Of Coli Pickle Sticks: Queen Weinerlooks
Level: 14X
Guild: TrueHeaven

The second mastery (for all elements) increases your elemental min/max damage by 10% when maxed. In other words, it's like having 10% min/max on your elemental stone... Um... How is that not worth it?

As for the Expert Mastery, it's a waste of points. 10 more water intensity isn't all that fabulous. It's still worth having 1 point in it for the sake of you getting the full set of buffs from a water elemental. I do believe the healing part is next to nonexistent... I see no difference.

From my experience as a sorcerer and seeing many bards, the elemental flow branch is a MUST HAVE (so I agree with you). It'll keep their pot cost down. It takes 50 points to get/max it, though... I believe it's worth it if someone is a PVE bard. (All they need is heal, evil sound and whatever else they want).

Last edited by LilPhenyl; 11-24-2009 at 02:28 PM.

11-23-2009   #3 (permalink)
???

i don't think the 2nd mastery adds 10% min/max water damage. I'm pretty sure if it did my damage with a water elemental +4 would be considerably higher than with my rabana +4. It's the other way around. Nowhere does the 2nd mastery actually say a percentage of min/max. It just says "raises the basic damage of water elemental attacks." From my experience, that's just basic damage that adds on to your range when you look at your status (much like the increase you get when you equip your next level weapon). Except, since it's water damage you wouldn't see an increase in your range since the one in the status window is magic damage range.

Last edited by Envy; 11-24-2009 at 12:47 PM.

11-23-2009   #4 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

LilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of lightLilPhenyl is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy
the 2nd mastery does not add 10% min/max damage. I'm pretty sure if it did my damage with a water elemental +4 would be considerably higher than with my rabana +4. It's the other way around. Nowhere does the 2nd mastery actually say a percentage of min/max. It just says "raises the basic damage of water elemental attacks." From my experience, that's just basic damage that adds on to your range when you look at your status (much like the increase you get when you equip your next level weapon). Except, since it's water damage you wouldn't see an increase in your range since the one in the status window is magic damage range.
It acts more like an extra 10% on your elemental stone (for base damage of a skill), not your final damage output. Thus a rabananananana mantle will do more because it's adding 10% more on to the entire attack, not just the base damage for a skill. So it raises your damage by a bit, but not by that much... In other words:
Get this skill if you like having an invisible 10% min/max on your elemental stone.
Or!
Don't get this skill if you feel like spending those 10 points elsewhere.

11-24-2009   #5 (permalink)
+11 Guitar finally orz

Cupcake is a name known to allCupcake is a name known to allCupcake is a name known to allCupcake is a name known to allCupcake is a name known to allCupcake is a name known to all
IGN: Kumacakes
Class: Bard lt_bard
Level: the only Lv194 kumacakes in the server
Guild: ShiningRay

Yes, it adds +10% min/max to your water attribute damage, which is found mainly on your elemental stone, like Phenyl said. The jWiki describes it as such:

レベルあたり、水属性魔法最小・最大ダメージ+1%

Feel free to disagree, but the info is there. Though, it is Water ATTRIBUTE and not simply "max magical damage".

11-24-2009   #6 (permalink)
???

I just wish they'd actually put that on the in game description. All it says is "raises basic damage of water attacks". It doesn't really tell you much...

come to think of it, mostly all classes' masteries say that ~_~

Even still, the +4 mantle is better than a +4 water element plus maxed masteries in terms of damage (plus you can get a mantle with high luck which is great). I tested my damage in pvp with a high min damage guitar to see consistent damage when I compared the two.

Thanks for clarifying that though. The second mastery is looking better now, a lot more useful than I thought it was originally.

Last edited by Envy; 11-24-2009 at 12:51 PM.

11-24-2009   #7 (permalink)
after seeing Flay naked:
Games

Believe it or not, the wiki we have is as accurate as it can get. When in doubt, consult this wiki or just ask around.