ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   LaTale Wizard Guides (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-wizard-guides/)
-   -   Sandrie's Bard Resource/Guide (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-wizard-guides/63142-sandries-bard-resource-guide.html)

Sandrie 11-10-2009 08:58 PM

Sandrie's Bard Resource/Guide

Posted because I remembered I was going to post it. `.`
Pretty Colorful Disclaimer:

This isn't perfect. Don't expect miracles. This is just a compilation of stuff into a semi-compact thread. Please use your discretion on what you want to do or not. I just put the stuff here to help people out or for those who want it. If you don't want to read this guide specifically, you can read it from the places I got it from. I put links right before each section.

/Pretty Colorful Disclaimer:

Table of Contents
I. Introduction
II. The Great Debate:Bard or Sorcerer?
III.Useful stats, foods, and equipment
IV. Skills
VI.PvP.
VII. Potential Grinding Areas
VIII.the omg skill build part

Current Version: v0.97
Past Revisions
[LEFT]0.96 - 4-11-10 - Added possible new balance factors, a few places to grind, and the last skills I'm missing. I guess I'll do skill builds or pvp next.
0.96 - 1-21-10 - Since OGP is failing, I decided to fix this up! Hopefully. Sorry if I ragequit this again. Stuff included: skills, consistency, minor edits here and there. To prevent lolloss, I'm adding a little at a time, but frequently.
0.951 - 12-26-09 - finished 0.95. a week later. yay.This is a lie. Also, ignore my random junk for ele flow.
0.95 -12-14-09 - adding even more stuff, and fixed the heal/ice sections [in progress, I just need to leave for a while so I can't finish right now]
0.94 - fixed more junk, added more junk.
0.93 -11-12-09 - holy crap, I has a food section! Also added even more things: water skills, balance factors, debuffs, and fixed some spelling errors. It's seems I'm breaking more things than fixing tho. ._.
0.92 -11-11-09 - revamp of bard/sorc section as an attempt to take out bias, and added even more stuff
0.91 - 11-10-09 - opps. I fixed some spelling errors, broken links, and added a little bit of info. That's about it.
v0.9 Ė 10-23-09 -still unfinished, but close enough for me to post in the guide section, right? Also, it looks very pretty now. I was going to type more, but I'm out of time for now.
v0.5- 9-7-2009 Ė 2nd blog on this. More stuff added.
v0.1 Ė 7-9-2009 Ė Start of guide creation. There was like nothing here.

Stuff that needs finishing:
Food name/descriptions -better
Equipment-Accessories-PvP Set
PvP
Grinding Places
Skill Builds
Skills
Stuff I'd like to add eventually:
Pictures of skills? (unlikely)
More in-depth explanation of things
Easy Searching
Finishing? lol
Clarifications if necessary
testing on skills
Intro~
Okay after a few months of me saying "I'm gonna do this" but not..I'm actually doing this. So. Yeah. Whee post in wizard guides? Okay, let's just get on with this.
I'm trying to get this as comprehensive as possible so it's not "oh here skill build" cause that's boring. And I think people should be informed orz.

The Great Debate:Bard or Sorcerer?

Okay, you got your wiz to 80..now you ask yourself "Bard or Sorcerer?" Here are some basic facts about both (thanks to LilPhenyl) :

Bards
Has the ability to heal
Main attacks are evil sound and can be water I/II skills
has buffs such as hp boosting, defense, and so on
Debuffs such as reducing elemental resistance, and DoT (damage over time)
Has a choice among three misc. trees
more common of the two classes (for now)
Sorcerers
Ability to have multiple elements or to change from one element from another
Elemental Buffs (Wind:increase of movement speed, Earth:increase of defense, Fire:adds fire-attribute to attacks, Water:slows enemy movement) Note:they don't stack.
Does have some self-healing capability (example:Elemental Protection)
They have the choice between two misc. trees
less common of the two classes (for now)

Stuff in Common
Both are expensive because of re-skills and funds for equipment
Both are still fairly frail compared to the other classes, but can dish out decent~good damage
Still need PvP Air Concentration to air skill

Stats! Food! Equips! What you should use?

Stats
Stats and How They Work is where you want to go for an explanation of what the stats do. Unfortunately only the base stats are explained. I'll try to explain the rest of them.

By the way, as I glance through this again, this doesnít make sense. Iíll fix it up later, so sorry. ><

Strength:Unless you like smacking monsters to death with a guitar, you donít need this. GogoBattleGuitar!

Magic: Your raw stat for magic damage increase. This is also why you have a lot more sp than the other non-magic classes. This is a good stat obviously (at least for mages, it's useless for any other one).
SP:I assume it stands for spirit points or something like that. Anyway, this is your standard mp gauge (I hope I don't have to explain that). Mages have the most. Also, you will eat this up so much through skill spam.

Stamina: Affects defense and hp. Itís very good as a secondary stat, as the longer you can live the better.
HP: Your supar vital gauge that you keep above -1 so you don't die (I've seen someone at 0 hp lol). Usually more is good, but not necessary.

Luck: Affects crit rate % and Ely gain. Bards have pretty constant damage (with evil sound), so you donít have to get a lot of this unless you want to be a crit bard.
Critical Rate: % chance that you will land a critical hit. It's capped around 30% if I remember correctly. Nice, but not extremely important. Affected by luck, and other things such as titles.
Critical Damage: % increase in damage when you land a hit. I can't remember the base (I believe 30%) but it is affected by enchants such as on gloves and elemental stones.

Other Stats
Accuracy:
Divided into Magic and Physical Accuracy. This affects how often your attacks miss. The more accuracy the better. But this is the sticky part. I can't remember who/where I exactly heard this from (it was in my buddy chat a long while back) but the accuracy stat only works on monsters with orange or red colored names. So for people that grind on yellow or green mobs, it's pretty useless.
New note: I got to talking with someone, they thought maybe accuracy works best on red/orange mobs, and the stat is decreased by some % as you get closer/pass a monster's level. But iunno.

Evasion: Again, divided into Magic and Physical Evasion. This affects how often you can avoid (evade) enemy attacks. But it only works on monsters with grey or green colored names. So yeah, save all that evasion for PvP.

Min/Max Damage: Min/Max stands for Minimum and Maximum Damage. This is the greatest factor in getting good damage. This is divided up into Magical and Physical Min/Max Damage. For elemental stones, there is a min/max damage for each element. So there is min/max earth damage, water, and so on. As a bard, you should get min/max water damage, since bard skills are bases on your water stat.
My assumption is that the range of your min and/or max damage will raise by X%. Now that I look at this again, I'm not exactly sure how this exactly works.
Anyway, you should try your best to get a min/max elemental stone and guitar.
2X/2X is decent.
3X/3X and 4X/4X is good.
5X/5X and beyond is like amg godly (supar puzzles ftw?)

[Element] "Intensity": Not to be confused with [Element] Resistance. I don't know the exact formula for this, but it greatly affects how much damage a specific element does. I know it's a lot higher than the base magic stat, however. This stat is most commonly found on elemental stones (i.e. "Water +100") and for some reason some of the higher leveled glasses/bindis.

[Element] Resistance: Not to be confused with [Element] "Intensity." This cuts down on the damage you take from a specific element. I don't know how it works though, but I heard that you need a lot of resistance to get a noticeable effect. (I think it's 500 resist=100 damage off)

Movement Speed: Raises your basic movement speed. Running faster is always nice, you can get to places faster, get to monsters quicker, and outrun other people. Wind Walk (wiz/sorc buff) adds to this too.

Rope Climbing Speed: Similar to Movement Speed, except it is for rope and ladder climbing. With ladders and ropes "sticky," it's easier to skip climb them but still useful.

Jump Damage:Causes an increase of damage when jumping. As far as I know, only the JumpJump Title (Jump Damage +10 (not %...)) is the only thing that adds to this. Not particularly useful for bards, unless you like to jump and smack things with guitars. It might help with airskilling though.

Back Damage:
If you attack an enemy from their behind, you get a +% damage bonus for a "back attack." Mages/Explorers have a natural 10% back attack damage IIRC.

The Balance Factor: This isn't a "stat" per say, but in Latale there is a "balance factor" to prevent a skill that hits multiple enemies to do full damage on each one of them. This formula (the only one I know orz) is:
(Single Target damage) * (Balance Factor) / (Number of Targets)
So for example, let's say you do 1000 damage on a single target with evil sound. Evil sound's balance factor is 3.0. So if you hit 6 at once, the formula will go: (1000)*(3.0)/(6)=500 damage.
The higher the balance factor, the more enemies you can hit at full damage before damage starts going down.
(note:you can't do anymore damage than what you do with a single enemy, even if the formula makes it higher somehow.
Using the example for before, except with 2 targets:(1000)*(3.0)/(2)=1500. but you will still do 1000 damage)

Item Drop Rate, Rare Item Drop Rate, XP gain: The first two don't particularly concern bards. So yeah.
Oh, but IDR is supposed to raise the chance of items dropping. But first off, it doesn't affect the rate of uniques, and on top of that I heard it only increases the droppage of item bags.
Rare Item Drop Rate affects how many enchants and how often you get enchants on an equip.
XP gain on the other hand everyone lieks to hoard. It increases the amount of experience you gain, blah blah.

Ely Gain %: This stat isn't in really in OGP because they felt that they had to remove all traces of it except for ely gain puzzle lv. 7 and on fashion sets. Anyway, it adds +X%(?) to your base ely stat (assuming 100%). It would be nice, if we had it. (It's on earrings/rings btw)

I think that's most of the stats...right?
My fail food section of the guide.
Okay, there are quite a few foods out there, but here are a few I can think of right now (please correct me if Iím wrong, I havenít played in a while).
Foods and How they Stack is where I found out how food stacks exactly. Thanks Mongo!
Also, I haven't played the game in a while, so I can't remember the names of all those foods and the like. Feel free to tell me that `.`(hint:halppl0x)

Type 1: Basic stat increase

Any food that adds to the MAGIC stat.

Papaya (Level 71) Magic +40
Maximowiczia Tea (Level 81) Magic +45
Jasmine Tea (Level 91) Magic +50
Red Bean Sweet (Level 101) Magic +55
Pineapple Juice (Level 111) Magic +60
Tandoori Chicken (Level 121) Magic +65
Salmon Sushi Roll (Level 131) Magic +70
California Roll (Level 141) Magic +75

Any food that adds to the STAMINA stat.

Grape (Level 71) Stamina +40
Fruit Punch (Level 81) Stamina +45
Oolong Tea (Level 91) Stamina +50
Green Tea (Level 101) Stamina +55
Lobster (Level 111) Stamina +60
Small Curry (Level 121) Stamina +65
Hot Wing (Level 131) Stamina +70
Meatball (Level 141) Stamina +75

Type 2: Damage increase, damage reduction, max hp, max sp

Max Damage Increase:
Yogurt (Level 51) Max Magic Damage +5%
Strawberry Lassi (Level 121) Max magic +10%

Defense Increase:

Bulldojang (Level 31) Magic Damage +5 (It says damage, but it's actually defense, I've tested it and it does crap for damage LOL)
Chicken Soup (Level 21) Defense +5%
Pineapple Fried Rice (Level 101) Defense 10%
Nan (Level 111) Magic Defense +10

Max HP: (note:these foods are fairly junky)

Blue Cheese (Level 1) Max HP +50
Udong (Level 91) Max HP +100

Max SP: (These too. Seriously, 60 SP? That's barely enough for a heal.)

Wild Berry Juice (Level 11) Max SP +30
Spring Roll (Level 101) Max SP +60

Type 3: Critical Damage, Critical rate, Accuracy, Evasion

It turns out that any food that says accuracy/critical rate, etc. for physical attacks work for magical attacks too. I guess I'll have to find a list of those.

(Physical) Evasion:

Golden Apple of Youth (Level 61) Evasion +5%
Mango Lassi (Level 121) Evasion +10%

Type 4: IDR %, RIDR %, Ely gain

(Useless food for grinding. I havenít seen an ely gain food save Cherryade, which you can't use until level 131 anyway)

Item Drop Rate:

Chungwon (Level 81) Item Drop Rate +3%

Rare Item Drop Rate:

Black Bean Noodle (Level 81) Increases Rare Item Drop Rate to 100%

Ely Gain

Vinegared Rice (Level 91) Ely Gain +20%
Cherryade (Level 141) Money Gain +40 (lul no %?)

Class E: Cooking Quest foods (any you get from a cooking quest)

Chocolate Stick (level 30) Magic +30, Stamina -20 (I think? it was something like that)
Red Bean Candy (level 30) Stamina +30, Strength -20 (I think?)
Chocolate Cream Puff (level 30) Steroids Supposed to be +strength/-stamina, but it seems to do a major increase of physical damage.

There are other ones, but again, can't think of them. OTL

Class F: Event Items

Most, if not all are useless. If there are any that are useful, please tell me ;_;

Equips

Equipment is very necessary party to consider if you want to get that ďhax damage.Ē Even if you don't want extremely high numbers above monsters, you need at least decent equips to grind. I wonít go into huge detail about what exact unique you should get, but more like what stats you want/want to enchant. Primary is what is the best to use if you can only enchant one or two good enchants. Secondary is if you have all the important stuff in blue, and you want to enchant a purple stat.

Reasoning for why which stats should be enchanted:
Magic:for more damage, SP,
Stamina:for more HP, defense, "survivability"
Luck:For more crit rate, very slight Ely gains, and reducing critical attacks on your character.
Min/Max ([Element])Damage:For increase of damage
Magical Accuracy:To be able to hit an enemy more (only works on orange and red monsters for PvE)
Physical Evasion:To be able to avoid physical attacks more (only applies to green and grey monsters in PvE)
Movement Speed:To move faster.
Max HP:For more HP.

Weapon: Guitar - yeah, you want a good guitar. This and your elemental stone is what affects your damage the most.
Unique Guitars
Javawalkís Magic Guitar
Corala Guitar
Valkyrie Guitar
Sierena (I know I spelled that wrong) Harp

Primary Enchant: Min/Max Damage
Secondary Enchants: Magic Accuracy/Stamina/Magic

Armor: Just keep your armors up to your level, or get the PvP set. Sphinx set is still useful around 80 I guess. For most of these, you can only enchant base stats, so I say Stamina and Magic a lot. If you need to pick from the two, I would say Stamina, because that would have a bigger effect than Magic.
For the PvP Magic Epic Set: There is already a lot of HP and stamina on these armors, so you don't have to worry about enchanting that as much.
Armor: Hat
Enchant: Stamina/Magic/Luck

Armor: Top

Armor: Bottom

Armor: Gloves

Primary Enchant: Critical Damage %,Accuracy %
Secondary Enchant: Stamina/Magic/Luck

Armor: Boots

Primary Enchant: Movement Speed,Stamina/Magic
Secondary Enchants:Physical Evasion (for PvP mainly)

Accessory:The earrings/ring you want depends on what extra enchant you want on it. I donít have all the accessories and all that handy, so it's not going to be here :u

Accessory: Earrings
Enchant: HP/Stamina/Magic/Luck (...I'm forgetting something aren't I)

Accessory: Rings

Enchant: HP/Stamina/Magic/Luck

Accessory: Bindis, Stockings, and Glasses
Unique Accessories:(I know I forgot something)
Vahalla Crystal (Bindi)
Tengu (Bindi?)
Captain Bong's Glasses (name?)
(That epic hax pvp glasses you get from PvP tournament) - Hero...something
(those Kraken stockings)- Horror Sucker?

You cannot wear these accessories until level 110. On top of that, you cannot enchant these. The only way to get what you want is either to get lucky and craft something amazing, or buy it off someone else.
Enchants: Magic/Stamina/Luck (can't remember if you can have hp/sp and etc.)
For stockings you can try for physical evasion if you like.
For glasses, you can try for magical accuracy.

Elemental (Case): Just get a water elemental (max is +5) or a +4 Rabana's Magical Mantle.
Enchants: cannot enchant
Stats:
Water Elemental(assumed+4)
  • 10% more accuracy (for water based attacks)
  • 15% min/max water damage
  • 15% better healing
  • 15 water stat/"intensity"
Rabana Mantle(+4)
  • +10% Min/Max Physical/Magical Damage
Elemental Stone: Keep up with your level, even with unique elemental stones. The more water stat you have, the more damage you do.
Unique Elemental Stones
[Water] Batís Heart
[Water] Ballong
[Water] Pandoraís Tear

Primary Enchants: Min/Max Water Damage
Secondary: Stamina/Magic/Luck

Skillz:Weapon(Guitar, Duh)

Note:If you wanna tl;dr just click here! for teh wiki. MOST of this did come from the wiki anyway. I explain what it is first, and then go on to comment about it. It's only a comment, remember you don't have to listen to it if you don't want to.

These are skills that require a guitar to be equipped in order to be used.

Songs

In order to stop these skills you need this:
Stop the Action (Alternate Names:Emotion 61, Stop that Guitar!)- [Active]
Prerequisites: None
SP Cost: N/A
Ely cost:0 Ely

Stops playing a song [Evil Sound, Holy Sound, Offense Sound, Recovery Sound].
Note: You can use any other guitar related skill (buffs, heals, etc.) to also cancel songs.
And on an unrelated note, this and the Nan food is the only thing that they fixed (...kind of) when I helpdesk'd about it.

K now to the actual songs.

Recovery Sound-[Active]
Prerequisites:None
SP Cost:400 SP
Ely needed to unlock:126,000 Ely
Level needed:60 (skill level up:60/70/80/90/100)
Number of points needed per level:3 (Total Needed:15)
Duration: approx. 10 seconds
Cooldown:1 second(? I thought it was longer)
Max Targets:6

This skill allows you play your guitar and heals surrounding players to be healed (around 2 heals per second) and receive a 10% exp buff for 10 seconds.
Nice for the 10% exp buff and if you would rather not spam party heals or something (useless compared to the level 90 heal).

Offense Sound-[Active]
SP Cost:270 SP
Cooldown:5 seconds(?)
Max Targets:?(likely 6)

This skills allows you to play your guitar to raise yours and surrounding player's offense stats. (10% exp buff possible) Lasts about 10 seconds.

I hear it's useless. And if the wiki is right about only 5% increase then it IS useless. 5% is not a lot and there are other skills that would be better for those 15 skill points anyway.

Holy Sound-[Active]
SP Cost:300 SP
Cooldown:4 seconds?(from my calculations)
Max Targets:6(?)

This skill allows you to play your guitar to increase your and surrounding player's defense. (10% exp buff possible) Lasts 10 seconds.
Usefulness
Nice if you have the points. At master it is about 30% increase, on top of that xp buff. Other people will like it as well (if they stick around to get the full buff).

Evil Sound-[Active]
SP Cost:270 SP
Cooldown:4 seconds(?)
Max Hits: 15 (assuming all hits, per monster)
Balance Factor: 3.0

Use this skill to attack surrounding enemies. Lasts about 10 seconds.

ABSOLUTELY VITAL. This is THE skill that makes bards so easy to play. Just remember to watch your hp when you are in a mob. Otherwise feel free to surf the web, watch TV, and chat ingame. (lul).

Buffs

Sound of Water Element-[Active]
SP Cost:50 SP
Level needed:60 (skill level up:60/65/70/75/80/85/90/95/100/105)
Number of points needed per level:2 (Total Needed:20)
Duration:5 minutes
Cooldown:Less than a second(? Wiki says "0.5?")
Max Targets:1 (yourself)

Buff that increases your water STAT (different from attribute on weapons). It's 2 points per level for a total of 20 at max.

It sounds pretty good, but for 20 skill points it's fairly costly. It's better than that silly expert water mastery though (coming up). If you have extra points this is nice.

Sonic Protection-[Active]
SP Cost:80 SP
Ely needed to unlock:175,000 Ely
Level needed:70 (skill level up:70/75/80/85/90/95/100/105/110/115)
Duration:20~40 seconds (dependent on level)
Cooldown:45 seconds (according to the wiki)
Max Targets: (I'm guessing 6)

Reduces damage, 10 points per level for a max of 100 damage reduction at master.

I don't have this skill so I cannot say from experience, however 100 damage taken off is NOTHING at later levels when you have dark ninjas taking off 300 every second or so and those stupid whales (sanachi?) that do 500 damage. Just heal, save yourself time and skill points.

Sound of Heart-[Active]
SP Cost:120 SP
Level needed:70 (skill level up:70/71/72/73/74/75/76/77/78/79)
Number of points needed per level:1 (Total Needed:10)
Duration:9 minutes
Cooldown: practically none
Max Targets:Wiki says 4 (I think it's more though.)

Buff that randomly raises one of the 4 stats 3% per level for a total of 25% at max.
This is actually a useful buff. 25% increase in magic or strength is a good amount of damage increase. And 25% increase in stamina is a lot as well.

Sound of Spirit-[Active]
SP Cost:180 SP
Level needed:70 (skill level up:70/75/80/85/90/95/100/105/110/115)
Duration of Buff:10~11 minutes (dependent on level)
Max Targets:Wiki says 4 (I think it is more like 6.)

Raises max HP 70 points per level for a total of 700 at master.

700 more hp at 80? That's pretty sweet. More hp is always nice. More survivability yay! Also, your party members will complain less because they didn't get str/sta from Sound of Heart.

Debuffs
This is from the data I got a while back. I tested on Coralas. I did this because the wiki doesn't have much. However, this is a very small sample, so please take with a grain of salt.

Elemental Cry-[Active]
SP Cost:50 SP
Ely needed to unlock:232,000 Ely
Level needed:80 (skill level up:80/81/82/83/84/85/86/87/88/89/90)
Duration:approximately 15 seconds
Cooldown: practically none (spammable)
Max Targets:5(?)

Decreases elemental resistance by 50 per level (so total is 500).
While that seems to be a lot, when I used evil sound during the debuff there was only about a 100 damage increase. I'm don't think it's worth the skill points.

Devil Voice-[Active]
SP Cost:90 SP
Ely needed to unlock:297,000 Ely
Level needed:90 (skill level up:90/91/92/93/94/95/96/97/98/99)
Duration of Buff:10 seconds + (1 second*level)

This does around 100-200 damage every 2 seconds.
It seems to have a low hit rate (I should say, lower than elemental cry).
Also, this can activate Elemental Flow (I remember seeing a post by Mongo about it).

Hearing Confusion-[Active]
SP Cost: (50+Lv*5) SP
Ely needed to unlock:370,000 Ely
Level needed:100(skill level up:100/101/102/103/104/105/106/107/108/109)
Duration of Buff: (dependent on level) 10 seconds + (1 second * level)
Max Targets:seemed to be 3

3% decrease in enemy's strength (total is 30%).
I guess this is kind of like the curse turret that engineers have.
I tried this on Coralas so I can still see damage but without dying, and I did see a decrease (from ~120 to ~90). Could be useful for something that has a lot of strength, I guess. But 20 skill points is a lot.

Heals
Trust me, you need all these. The level 90 heal, Group Guitar Heal, is the best heal in the game. The rest of these you need as prerequisite.

Guitar Heal I -[Active]
SP Cost:60 SP
Ely needed to unlock:27,000 Ely
Level needed:30
Number of points needed per level:1
Max Targets:1 (self)

Heals approximately 260 hp
The heal itself is garbage. You just need it for the later heals.

Guitar Heal II -[Active]
Prerequisites:Guitar Heal I
SP Cost:120 SP
Ely needed to unlock:85,000 Ely
Level needed:50

Heals about 586 hp per heal.
This is a slightly better heal. However, it's not a % heal, so garbage. Just need it as a prerequisite.

Guitar Heal III -[Active]
Prerequisites:Guitar Heal II
SP Cost:180 SP
Level needed:80
Number of points needed per level:2

Heals HP. More HP can be recovered based on your "heal potency".
Best of the self heals (not including Group Guitar Heal). Heals about 700~900 damage.

Guitar Party Heal I -[Active]
SP Cost:80 SP
Ely needed to unlock:27,000 Ely
Max Targets:5

Again, just a junk heal. (wiki says about 260 hp is healed)

Guitar Party Heal II -[Active]
Prerequisites:Guitar Pary Heal I
SP Cost:150 SP
Ely needed to unlock:85,000 Ely
Level needed:50

Heals about 580 hp per heal. Not bad, but again, there are better heals that you should use.

Guitar Party Heal III -[Active]
Prerequisites:Guitar Party Heal II
SP Cost:230 SP
Level needed:80
Number of points needed per level:2

Best party only heal, but again (againagainagain) Guitar Group heal is better.

Group Guitar Heal Ė[Active]
Prerequisites:Guitar Heal III, Guitar Party Heal III
SP Cost: 300 SP
Ely needed to unlock: 297,000 Ely
Level needed: 90
Number of points needed per level: 4
Max Targets: 6 (Including yourself)

Heals yourself and surrounding players.

-here it is, the heal I keep bragging about in all its glory and splendor. Now here are reasons why I keep saying itís so good.
1. It heals both you AND anyone around you.
2. Spammable. (goes with #2, less spam, more heal)
3. Most hp healed per skills, so it is like 1k instead of 800 or so.

Other ďhealsĒ

These do not require a guitar, but I think you need an elemental stone.

Cure Poison-[Active]
SP Cost:22
Ely needed to unlock:1,000 ely
Level needed:10
Cooldown: 5 seconds

-Um, you can heal poison. A waste of a point because of any poison damage you take you can spam heal it back. Besides, so few monsters use poison, itís no big deal to begin with.

Cure Disease-[Active]
Prerequisites:Cure Poison
SP Cost:30
Ely needed to unlock:7,500 ely
Level needed:15

Cure Curse-[Active] Note:this skill doesn't exist in USLatale (or EULatale apparently).
Prerequisites:Cure Disease
SP Cost:37
Ely needed to unlock:11,000 ely
Level needed:20

-I have no idea what the game defines as ďdiseaseĒ or a ďcurse.Ē My friend did some testing a while back, and that debuff those Turban Shells used didnít work. So Iím guessing itís not a debuff remover. I would say just donít bother with it, spam heal any damage away!
But if you wanna test it, go for it.

Water Skills

All active skills require an elemental stone for them to work.

Novice Water Mastery-[Passive]
SP Cost: N/A(passive)
Ely needed to unlock:100 ely
Level needed:1 (skill level up:1)
Number of points needed per level:1 (Total Needed:5)

-Adds 1% accuracy for water-based skills per level, for a total of 5% (more if you equip a water elemental). I know this isn't an amazing amount, but it is more for the benefit of the total effects along with the elemental.

Skilled Water Mastery[Passive]
Prerequisites:Novice Water Mastery (Maxed)
SP Cost: N/A (passive)
Level needed:15

Adds 1% minimum and maximum damage per level, for a total of 10% (more with a water elemental).
10%~15% min/max damage is pretty good. Probably the most useful out of the three.

Expert Water Mastery[Passive]
Prerequisites:Skilled Water Mastery (Maxed)
SP Cost: N/A (passive)
Ely needed to unlock:27,500 ely

-Adds 1% "healing ability", and 1 water stat per level.
Okay, 10~15 water stat isn't an amazing amount. And if you are going for damage you probably aren't too worried about increased healing. I think that skill points could go somewhere else, but if you have a water elemental be sure to put at least 1 point into this for the elemental to take effect.

Bubble Bubble (I)-[Active]
Prerequisites:Novice Water Mastery (level 1)
SP Cost:21
Level needed:1 (skill level up:1/3/5)
Number of points needed per level:1 (Total Needed:3)
Cooldown: 2.5 seconds
Max Targets:3
Max Hits:1
Balance Factor: 2.0 3.0?

-Compared to evil sound/other water skills,this does low damage and has poor range, but if you want to get the stronger water skills you will need this as a prerequisite. Might be useful for continuing a combo, but I think Bubble Bubble II does fine for that.
New notes:With the new balance factor and max targets you now do full damage to everything you can hit with it. Yay
gif of Bubble Bubble (thanks to LilPhenyl for this and the other tier I skills)

Ice Fear (I)-[Active]
Prerequisites:Bubble Bubble (I) (maxed)
SP Cost:45
Level needed:20 (skill level up:20/25/30)
Cooldown: 3.5 seconds
Max Targets:2
Max Hits:2
Balance Factor:1.7 2.7(?)

-This skill can do something called "camping," in which the vertical range is high enough to hit monsters up on some platforms.
Decent range, 2 hits, and fast enough to keep a combo going.

Ice Storm (I)-[Active]
Prerequisites:Ice Fear (I) (maxed)
SP Cost:68
Ely needed to unlock:52,000 ely
Level needed:40 (skill level up:40/45/50)
Cooldown:5.0 seconds
Max Targets:5 (6?)
Balance Factor:none (I'm serious)

-When this attack hits a monster (it just has to be in range, the damage can miss), they will become temporarily frozen, and during this time no attacks will hit (also, all non-bosses will flinch/get knockbacked during this time).
Decent range, however, this will kill any combo you have going, along with possibly any party members, so be careful while using this. However, this has NO balance factor, meaning it will do full damage to all monsters in range.
As of a semi-recent patch, you can combo using this skill now.

Hailstone (I)-[Active]
Prerequisites:Ice Storm (I) (maxed)
SP Cost:97
Ely needed to unlock:126,000 ely
Level needed:60 (skill level up:60/65/70)
Number of points needed per level:2 (Total Needed:6)
Cooldown:6.5 seconds
Balance Factor:1.6 2.6?

-This does have the freeze animation from Ice Storm, but attacks can still go through. Best range of the I skills, good damage, and keeps your combo going. The balance factor does kill a lot of damage if there is multiple enemies though.

Bubble Bubble II-[Active]
Prerequisites:Ice Storm (I) (maxed)
SP Cost:52
Ely needed to unlock:252,000 ely
Level needed:80 (skill level up:80/85/90)
Number of points needed per level:3 (Total Needed:6)
Cooldown:4.0 seconds
Max Targets:4
Balance Factor:2.03.0?

-same animation as Bubble Bubble I, but it has blue sparkles by your character's feet, kinda like for wind skills.
It indeed is an upgraded Bubble Bubble, with a much longer range (about Ice Fear I's) and one more hit.

Ice Fear II-[Active]
Prerequisites:Hailstone (I), Bubble Bubble II (both maxed)
SP Cost:78
Ely needed to unlock:351,000 ely
Level needed:95 (skill level up:95/100/105)
Number of points needed per level:2 (Total Needed:6)
Cooldown:5.5 seconds
Max Targets:4
Balance Factor:1.72.7?

-Upgraded Ice Fear, instead of 2 spears in front of you, you have 4 spears on both sides. Better range (almost the same as hailstone I on both sides of your character), more damage, and still can camp. One of the best moves a bard can get for pvp usage.

Ice Storm II-[Active]
Prerequisites:Ice Fear II(maxed)
SP Cost:93
Ely needed to unlock:451,000 ely
Level needed:110 (skill level up:110/115/120)
Number of points needed per level:3 (Total Needed:9)
Cooldown:7.5 seconds
Max Targets:8 (9?)
Balance Factor:none

-Upgraded Ice Storm, hits both sides with insane range (biggest of all water skills), insane max targets (even more than evil sound), and no balance factor. It sounds pretty nice, but it's still slow, it still breaks combos, and probably will get party members ticked at you.
As of a semi-recent patch, you can now combo this skill.
Hailstone II-[Active]
Prerequisites:Ice Storm II (maxed)
SP Cost:78
Ely needed to unlock:612,000 ely
Level needed:125 (skill level up:125/130/135)
Cooldown:10.5 seconds
Max Targets:6?
Balance Factor:2.03.0?

-upgraded Hailstone, hits both sides with pretty long range and even more damage. It also does the most damage (if you add the damage from the two hits). Use wisely though, it has the longest cooldown.

Miscellaneous/General Skills
Usually are passive skills. They do not require any specific equipment, you just need the skill.

Magic Upgrade -[Passive]
Level needed:1 (skill level up:1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10)

Adds 3% to your magic base stat, for a total of 30% at max. So if you had 100 magic, you would have 130 with this. Good boost for SP and magic attack, and it is also the prerequisite for the famed elemental flow and other skills [Elemental Flow Tree and Crit Tree].

Elemental Harmony -[Passive]
Prerequisites: Magic Upgrade
Ely needed to unlock:7,000 ely
Level needed:10 (skill level up:10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19)

Adds 1% physical evasion for a total of 10% at max. 10% eva isn't all that great, and all the less outside of PvP. It is a prerequisite for the elemental flow tree however. It's best used if you can stack more eva via equips/pets/etc.

Elemental Protection -[Active]
Prerequisites: Elemental Harmony
Level needed:15 (skill level up:15/16/17/18/19/20/21/22/23/24)
Cooldown: 120 seconds (really)
Heals HP and SP, along with magic immunity for a short period of time.
The cooldown is ridiculously long, and the heal isn't so great, but it can be useful. Examples are going against a magic-user in PvP, or to avoid painful monster magic-based attacks, such as the Javawalk breath attack or the Ninjas of Owl Castle. I suppose you can use it as a 'panic button' of sorts, but with all the heals bards have at their disposal it isn't as flattering.

Elemental Master -[Passive]
Prerequisites: Elemental Protection
Level needed:40 (skill level up:40/41/42/43/44/45/46/47/48/49)

Raises MAX magic damage 1% per level (10% at max). It's pretty good for just 10 points and it is always there, since it is passive. Definitely one of the better misc. skills. I don't see any downsides to this at all.

Elemental Flow -[Passive]
Prerequisites: Elemental Master
Ely needed to unlock:232,000 ely
Level needed:80 (skill level up:80/81/82/83/84/85/86/87/88/89)

Restores 10 HP OR SP per successful activation (7%?). At max it is 100 HP OR SP.
This is the famed elemental flow, which people either say it's supar haxx0r or a waste of skill points. At the current level my bard is, I'm leaning towards the latter, but I'll explain what makes ele flow nice as well.
Elemental flow works best on monsters that are slow in attacking, for example, burgers, coralas, and hamehas. Where is isn't: Ninjas, Kais, Mermaid room, ninjas...did I mention Ninjas? Anyway, the skill points required is steep, so I guess it is your playing style that will affect this. Or you could be around 16X. Then you can get both water skills and elemental flow 8D.
By the way, it is wise not to step into PvP just as a ES only ele flow build unless you know what you are doing.

Patience -[Active]
Prerequisites: Elemental Flow
SP Cost:??? SP
Ely needed to unlock:297,000 ely
Level needed:90 (skill level up:90/91/92/93/94/95/96/97/98/99/)
Cooldown: ~4mins
Duration:??
[B]Max Targets:1 (self)
Adds 100 HP at level one and adds 50 HP every level after that (total:500) for some period of time.
Sounds like a not-so-good version of Sound of Heart. However, I've never had this skill so I'll try not to be overly judgmental.
I suppose more hp is nice, but having to get ele flow (a whopping 60) on top of 20 points for this sounds quite extreme. Unless you are a high level, you probably won't be getting this anyway.

Magical Detection -[Passive]
Prerequisites: Magic Upgrade

Adds 1% magical evasion for a total of 10% at max. Okay, this is as good as useless in PvE. It's not all that useful in PvP either (imo better off using Elemental Protection). However, this is a prerequisite for the rest of the crit tree, so if you want that, you'll have to get this.

Potential of Elements -[Passive]
Prerequisites: Magical Detection
Ely needed to unlock:27,000 ely
Level needed:30 (skill level up:31/32/33)

Increases magic crit RATE by 1% per level, 3% at max.
As much as crit rate is tasty, 9 skill points for only 3% is rather pricey. It's really not a lot. However, I will say that 3% is slightly noticeable. I went down that tree on my sorcerer and I feel that she crits a bit more. You probably are better off going down the elemental flow tree, but if you like crit, go for this tree.

Rage of Elements -[Passive]
Prerequisites: Potential of Elements
Ely needed to unlock:27,000 ely

Increases magic crit DAMAGE by 1% every level. Max is 10%.
Yeah, 10% isn't an amazing amount, but I suppose it is a noticeable difference. It's the crit tree for a reason `.` Elemental Master (counterpart) is better still though.

Understanding of Elements -[Passive]
Prerequisites: Rage of Elements

Increases all elements stat ("intensity") by 1 per level, max being 10 to each.
Might as well get Sound of water element, it gives you more water stat for the same amount of points. I think this skill is more geared to Sorcerers.

Instant Recovery -[Active]
Prerequisites: Understanding of Elements
SP Cost:400 SP
Cooldown: 180 (seconds?)
Target: 1 (self)
Balance Factor: N/A

Instantly recovers HP (1,400 hp at level 4). Amount of HP recovered isn't shown (no number above your head, like elemental flow/elemental protection)

Mind Square -[Active]
SP Cost:30 SP
Duration: (Level x 1 minute) + 10 minutes
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Number of Targets: 6

Raises the SP/HP recovery rate (by 10%?) while sitting for up to 20 minutes. It's best if you are frugal and don't want to use pots and are soloing. You probably won't have a lot of time to sit if you are in a party or a mobby place though.

[B]Healing Practice -[Passive]
Prerequisites: Mind Square
Level needed:15 (skill level up:15/16/17/18/19/20/21/22/23/24)
Increase heal critical % by 1%, 10% max.
All I know is the damage critical % is different from the healing critical %. Also, I have no idea what else would increase this, so if you want to see your heals crit more this is the skill to get.

[B]Spirit of Holiness -[Passive]
Prerequisites: Healing Practice
-Increases "healing intensity" by 2% per level, 20% at max level.
This is probably a good time to explain what this "healing intensity" is. It makes you heals more potent, and probably is a number of some formula that determines heals that use this. So the more of this stat you have, the more damage healed per heal.
Other than that, I don't know. Apparently so few people go down this path that even the jwiki doesn't have much information on it.
(P.S. If you want even better heals, grab an Asura Guitar. It adds to healing "intensity" too.)

Purification-[Active]
Prerequisites: Spirit of Holiness
Duration: 5 minutes
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Target: 5

"Temporarily raises healing rate of nearby allies and you. Increases Recovery rate by 3% per level. 30% at max level. "
Ok, to be honest I have no idea what they are talking about. Is this like Mind Square? Or does it raise the amount of heal via some other stat? N>halp from someone who knows

Hand of Holy Spirit-[Active]
Prerequisites: Purification
SP Cost:60 SP?
Duration: ?
Cooldown: ?
Target: 1 (self)

At a set rate, 3 HP is recovered per 5 SP used. (max?)
I think this is kind of like some SP/HP converter or something. So lets say you use Evil Sound (270 SP), so if this skill activates, you would get 162 HP back. I think.

Potential grinding spots
Note these are suggestions. You think X monster is nub? Go somewhere else. Y monster too hard? Go somewhere else.

1~80
(not covered yet...maybe one day)
80~85
Neo Navies (Lilliput Sea)
Lilliput Highway
Grells (stronger mobs than lilliput)
Other alternatives
Javawalks (these hit hard)
Ktuka Ruins 5
85~90
Grells
Lilliput (better off if you have trouble with Abyss)
Campers (Abyss Ruins 5 is not recommended until later)
Hippocampus (if you can take the mobs)
Coralas (these get mobby and are hard at these levels)
91~95
Nez (Bongolle Train, mobby)
Coralas
Campers
Hippos
Spooky Village (level 90 area, best xp, but party recommended)
95~100
Nez
Coralas
Spooky Village
Cookie Garden (maybe Burgers, can be mobby at times)
100~110
Burgers
Spooky Village (xp starts to slow down around the later levels)
110~120
Ninjas from Owl Castle (Dark Ninjas in map 5, Red Ninjas if you have a party)
Pierrots (solo alternative)
120~130
Aquarium (need a special skill to prevent drowning, mobby and dangerous with lolheart attacks from the mermaids)
Hamehas (solo)
Galdolfs
130~140
Big Bellies
Orions (party highly recommended)
150~200
iunno.
I need map numbers/names. I can't get on latale so I can't check myself.
Not covered yet. orz.

AMG! Skill Builds
stole from Authentic's threda, but technically I made it :u
Level 80 Only Evil Sound Build
Spoiler!

Final stuff
Special Thanks to:
Mongo
Kudaranai
/ggftw! Latale Wiki
The Japanese Latale Wiki
Random people on my buddy list (particularly Azusa and Kumacakes/Cupcake)
People who actually tried to help me by giving constructive criticism/help/etc.
  • Kukiko/KagamiHime/Vivi
  • LilPhenyl
  • KoNeeSama
  • Hiratori
  • JerryJax/[GA]Jerry
And anyone I forgot. Sorry if i did ;~;
And of course, you. If you read this at least.

If you make it to this sentence, Thank you for either reading this guide or tlídr-ing and reading this instead.

Please +rep me if this was helpful!

Sandrie 11-10-2009 08:59 PM

reserved space

KouNeeSama 11-11-2009 12:51 AM

Can potentially outdamage Sorcerers (25% magic buff)

i think you can change this into: outdamage Sorcerers, dot dot dot

Oh, and there's LOTS of bards. If you are into being "rare"

you can't really say anything that bards are "common", tomorrow it may be different

the food section is kinda sad :f
so Chocolate stick gives a fixed amount? how depressing, 30 magic means nothingatall

and man, sorcerers, which can't heal, could do a better use of 100damagereductionskill

Sandrie 11-11-2009 03:59 AM

Don't remind me about that food section. The only "game" I can play is mmog here, so it's not like I could check it out.

I heard that there more sorcs around these days, but I think bards will generally be a greater population because bards are such an easy class. Who doesn't like evil sound>surf the internet>evil sound>watch TV>evil sound>spam heal/buffs>repeat?

I'll put a note tho, thanks

Kukiko 11-11-2009 10:21 AM

I'll help you out with the food section if you want, Sandrie (since I can get on LT again for now)
When I find time I'll put together a list of food/descriptions for you <3

Now for me to point out a few random things that may not make sense because I just woke up \o/

Quote:

Min/Max Damage: Min/Max stands for Minimum and Maximum, obviously. This is the greatest determinant of damage. This is divided up into Magical and Physical. For elemental stones, there is one for each element. If you are a bard, water is your main concern.
This basically this raises your min/max damage by X%.
You should try your best to get min/max elemental stone and guitar.
And Vongole Train is now out, for your grinding spot section =]

Anyways, good job so far ^^ +rep

LilPhenyl 11-11-2009 12:53 PM

1) I would delete the part where you quote LOL. Some of it sounds good, the rest sounds like biased bullcrap. Biased = Bad, mkay? Though, I suppose it's extremely difficult to say anything about a class without being biased... Bleh.

2) As for boots, enchanting for movement speed would be much more useful than any other enchant. Physical Evasion is a second best if you already have stockings/other equips/etc that add evasion. After all, 10%-15% physical evasion isn't as much as you think it is... (Yay for falsified percents/misusing percentages in Latale)

3) Bards out damage WATER Sorcerers IF they have the Sound of Water Element skill. If that is the case, then the bard will always out damage the water sorcerer. If they do not, then they will do about the same damage. A bard will rarely (if ever) out damage a wind/earth/fire sorcerer with the same type of equips/funding. They could try with various buffs from their guitars, but it might just make them AS strong (if not a bit stronger or weaker) than their sorcereresque-counterparts.

Sorry for mentioning that, but I think it's more accurate and doesn't over exaggerate.

4) The usage of pros/cons is a big DO NOT WANT unless you know EVERY advantage of a bard/sorcerer and EVERY disadvantage of a bard/sorcerer. It sounds kinda haughty of me to say this, but it's true. (After all, you don't want to do wrong by someone by saying the wrong thing/leaving things out)

Example:

Bards
-Can heal themselves at anytime.
-Evil Sound deals decent damage and can keep monsters at bay.
-Has many buffs to boost HP, damage, defense, etc.
-Main attack will be Evil Sound and sometimes Water I/II skills.
-Common class

Sorcerers
-Has self-healing capabilities that activate from time to time.
-Can be flexible due to the ability of switching to other elements/having more than 1 element.
-Has speed, defense and fire-attack-boosting buffs. Also has a buff to slow enemies down. They do not stack with each other, however.
-Main skills will USUALLY be 5~8 elemental attacks of choice.
-Uncommon class

Similarities
-Both are considered glass cannons due to their frailness.
-Both are great damage dealers, however, they are fairly weak in the early stages.
-Cost the most to fund since they need great elemental stones AND staves/guitars/orbs/dagger+shields.
-Both require Magic Concentration to airskill (obtained from PVP)

I don't bash any of the classes. Nor do I ever say one is better than the other. It's like a list of facts/basics that everyone knows.

5) If your choice of armor is the epic magic set, then you won't need as much stamina. If you use any other armor, stamina is the way to go. Magic as a secondary; or if you're going down the critical branch, luck. (At least have 1-3 pieces of equipment enchanted for stamina if you have the epic magic set)

Anyway, I basically barked your ear off with critisms/being *****y/being the only one to say such things/etc; but you still did very good. You covered most of the topics needed and you even explained some things that people might not get at first.

TL;DR

+rep 4 u kk

Sandrie 11-11-2009 02:05 PM

My brain is fried right now so I not going to do revisions right away, but thanks everyone.

I know this is absolutely nowhere from being done, and some of the stuff I did is pretty crappy, so getting second opinions is always nice :u Hopefully this will be somewhere decent one day.

Kukiko 11-11-2009 04:53 PM

Type 1: Basic stat increase

Papaya (Level 71) Magic +40
Maximowiczia Tea (Level 81) Magic +45
Jasmine Tea (Level 91) Magic +50
Red Bean Sweet (Level 101) Magic +55
Pineapple Juice (Level 111) Magic +60
Tandoori Chicken (Level 121) Magic +65
Salmon Sushi Roll (Level 131) Magic +70
California Roll (Level 141) Magic +75

Grape (Level 71) Stamina +40
Fruit Punch (Level 81) Stamina +45
Oolong Tea (Level 91) Stamina +50
Green Tea (Level 101) Stamina +55
Lobster (Level 111) Stamina +60
Small Curry (Level 121) Stamina +65
Hot Wing (Level 131) Stamina +70
Meatball (Level 141) Stamina +75

Type 2: Damage increase, damage reduction, max hp, max sp

Bulldojang (Level 31) Magic Damage +5 (Lol, wut? I doubt this is useful at all)
Yogurt (Level 51) Max Magic Damage +5%
Strawberry Lassi (Level 121) Max magic +10%

Chicken Soup (Level 21) Defense +5%
Pineapple Fried Rice (Level 101) Defense 10%
Nan (Level 111) Magic Defense +10

Type 3: Critical Damage, Critical rate, Accuracy, Evasion

Golden Apple of Youth (Level 61) Evasion +5%
Mango Lassi (Level 121) Evasion +10%

Type 4: IDR %, RIDR %, Ely gain

Chungwon (Level 81) Item Drop Rate +3%

Black Bean Noodle (Level 81) Increases Rare Item Drop Rate to 100%

Vinegared Rice (Level 91) Ely Gain +20%
Cherryade (Level 141) Money Gain +40 (Yes, that's what it says in the description)

After going through my entire crafting list I came up with this list. I may have missed some things but I hope this helps a bit \o/
I was going to test quest foods to see how much they added and subtracted from your stats but I got distracted by guild quests and killing bosses (Sphinx x8, Capt.Johnny x3, Chonpalm, Phoenix)

KouNeeSama 11-11-2009 10:16 PM

these two are kinda sad, for their levels

Sandrie 11-12-2009 03:46 AM

Amg, thanks you guys <3

-will edit after school-

edit:btw, this one is a liar:
Bulldojang (Level 31) Magic Damage +5 (Lol, wut? I doubt this is useful at all)
It's magic damage defense, OGP didn't label well

KouNeeSama 11-12-2009 04:20 AM

which means -5 from magic, nice, i'll use it for bosses~

Sandrie 11-12-2009 11:36 AM

I would suggest using Nan then, it's magic defense whatever +10, and its for level 111 or 121 iirc.

LilPhenyl 11-12-2009 06:09 PM

Hey Sandrie, I have a level 59ish wizard. After I hit level 60, I can make gifs of the attacks (while attacking monsters) to show their effects. However, I'm afraid I might get more negative rep for trying to be semi-helpful! So tomorrow I can have all four Tier I attacks. Either that or you get on your bard/find a high leveled bard and I record you/them attacking monsters; then make gifs of you/them attacking. Just let me know if you're interested.

Kukiko 11-12-2009 06:10 PM

Lol-OGP. I thought it was something like that.

Quote:

Defense Decrease:
I think you meant Increase <3

And I'll look up the food quest ones when I have time. I've been doing guild quests / helping people with guild quests every time I'm on x_x

Sandrie 11-12-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilPhenyl (Post 1050300)
Hey Sandrie, I have a level 59ish wizard. After I hit level 60, I can make gifs of the attacks (while attacking monsters) to show their effects. However, I'm afraid I might get more negative rep for trying to be semi-helpful! So tomorrow I can have all four Tier I attacks. Either that or you get on your bard/find a high leveled bard and I record you/them attacking monsters; then make gifs of you/them attacking. Just let me know if you're interested.

I'm on right now (for visiting) but if you can give me a specific time I could possibly log on and do that quickly.

LilPhenyl 11-12-2009 06:46 PM

Hm, I doubt I could... I'm preoccupied with mashing a video together for a friend so she can upload it to failtube. I would've been done with it in an hour, but since it's such a mess with unneeded/mixed up frames and what not... I'll give it to 11PMish (EST) at the earliest.

Sandrie 11-12-2009 06:52 PM

I get interweb bunned by that time orz.

Maybe I'll put screenshots for now

KouNeeSama 11-12-2009 07:59 PM

evasion works (a bit) on yellows, as well as hit works (A bit) on greens, it's just little respect the impact it has on, respectively, gray and reds

since you got a stats section, you may be interested in knowing that 10 defense is 1 damage and 1 damage defense is 1 damage (so probably 1 magic damage defense is 1 damage too, dunno about "basic" magic defense tho)

LilPhenyl 11-13-2009 03:56 PM

I got some shots in, though I did em around 2AM at night (I got in the combo and stuff. Boo). Of course, I had to reduce the size of two of em due to the number of frames along with the ridonculous amount of colors. The most I could have is 1.5mbs... If someone could give me a site that allows 3-5mbs, that would be nice. I'd rather record someone else doing it so things don't get in the way as you can see here (combo, getting hit, etc) Ice Storm/Hail Storm came out decently... Now if only I could upload 3-5mbs worth of crap as images/etc.

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/797/bubble.gif
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/5683/icefear.gif
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1195/icestorm.gif
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/2804/hailstorm.gif

Kukiko 11-13-2009 04:50 PM

^ If you want I can do it. I have tier II water skills \o/