ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   LaTale Wizard Guides (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-wizard-guides/)
-   -   Cirno's Perfect Wizard Class (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-wizard-guides/59881-cirnos-perfect-wizard-class.html)

LilPhenyl 10-07-2009 03:18 PM

Cirno's Perfect Magic Class

May or may not contain actual Cirnos.

So yeah, that's right - you're a wizard or you're going to be making one! If you’re not, then reading this guide will totally be a waste of your time. I'm srs. Get out. Now. These are just overviews of practical builds, giving the pros/cons to them and a very simple layout of how to go about leveling skills. I won't be too specific, as I am not being payed to hold your hand. If you DO want to pay me, I will hold your hand and do various other activities that involve me having my clothes on.

This Guide Contains Dairy Products And:
-Elements
-Simple Builds
-Must haves
-Tips
-Ways to pick your final class for level 80
-Bad jokes and terrible memes

~The Elements~

EARTH! ~ Shiny Rock 'n' Roll
  • Attack speed bounces between slow to medium speed(s)
  • Attack range varies (can go as far as water~wind)
  • Cool down rate is slower than wind/water, faster than fire
  • Flashiest element (Shiiiiiny maaaagic)
  • Good for mobbing
  • Stronger than wind/water, weaker than fire
  • SP consumption is less than fire, more than wind/water
  • After you get all 8 main attacks, it becomes the most versatile element

FIRE! ~ it's hot in Topeka
  • Attack speed hovers around medium
  • Attack range is slightly shorter than wind
  • Cool down rate is the slowest out of all the other elements
  • Strongest magic
  • SP consumption is the highest out of all the other elements
  • Very hard to use until mid game (long cool down = gaps of no attacking)

WIND! ~ blowing and hoeing
  • Fastest magic
  • Second fastest cool down rate
  • Second weakest magic
  • Biggest horizontal range
  • SP consumption is less than all the other elements
  • Easiest element to use as it is best for speedy kiting

WATER! ~ be strongest - freeze frogs
  • Second fastest magic
  • Quickest cool down rate
  • Weakest magic
  • Highest vertical range/terrible horizontal range
  • SP consumption is more than wind, less than fire/earth
  • great for soloing if you're bulky
  • 3rd mastery makes healing 10% more potent

HEART! ~ is not an actual element; it's healing skills which are an extension of water
  • Uh... You heal people with Dione/Undine skills from the healing tab
  • Costs a lot of SP
  • There's two branches for healing; one to heal yourself, one to heal others
  • Gets more potent as you get upgrade to the next healing skill
  • Gets stronger with the Final Mastery for water (10% more potent)

~The Builds~

Okay, so just a note... I will tell you what to max/do and in what order to do it. It's up to YOU to judge if you should save points. Each skill tells you what you need before obtaining it and how many points you need - so there's no need for me to tell you the obvious. (I don't like holding people's hands the whole way through)

If there's points left over, which most of the time there are, you can use them on whatever you like. Depending on your build, using extra points on the Final Elemental Mastery, Mind Square, Stone Armor, Wind Walk, Healing skills and/or Elemental Protection would be a great idea. Keep in mind that you can work on more things in between maxing out the necessities.

Elemental Pride
Spoiler!

Elemental Prostitute
Spoiler!

Abracadagger
Spoiler!

No Items, Daggers Only, Final Destination
Spoiler!

Magical Fisticuffs
Spoiler!

LilPhenyl 10-07-2009 03:20 PM

Must Haves
  • Up to date elemental stones enchanted for min/max damage (unless you use a dagger only build)
  • Armor enchanted for stamina, and luck second. (if you have the cash)
  • A shield enchanted for stamina/eva in the second hands-equip-slot (unless you already use one)

Tips
  1. If you are low on money, don't worry. Do quests to gain enough ely for skills and don't worry about updating to every set of armor or every weapon.
  2. Stamina is the most important enchantment for a mage. Magic is second. And when it comes to shoes, speed or physical evasion are helpful. For your gloves, always use magic (or physical for dagger-only) critical damage.
  3. If for some reason your skills are in a cool down state, as well as your pots, switch to your shield and duck. Only do this if you CAN NOT get away from the monsters. It may just save you the trouble of having to get back 3% exp.
  4. Grinding is very efficient for level 1-20, but after that, quests begin getting slightly better and better (in terms of pots, ely and exp). The mobs needed for quests are often ones you can/should be training on anyway. Some argue that pure grinding is faster, but it's also duller and can make you poorer.

Ways to pick your final class for level 80
There's only three REAL ways to pick your final job. I'll provide the best ways to do so without having to listen to biased opinions. Go ahead and pick a way, the first is the best way and they get lamer and lamer as it goes down the line. (It doesn't mean the last one is terrible, it just means it's not the best way to ensure you'll like the class you pick).

Way One
Spoiler!

Way Two
Spoiler!

Way Three
Spoiler!

Remember, when you are beginning to feel discouraged while playing as a wizard... Just think like Cirno.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...Cirno_Uboa.jpg

Also: Uboa-UUUUUUUUUUUUUUAUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Where to Grind:
1-4 Pirings
5-7 Purple Beetles/Wolves
8-12 Husus/Boars
12-18 Boglee/Bogle
19-22 Goblins (At Pluton Temple)/Silk Worms
23-26 Brown Bears/Ants
27-30 Black beetles/Pumpkin Jacks
30-40 Level 30 Wisp/Goblins
40-55 Mountain Pigs/Super Pigs/Moth Men or various monsters in the Fairy Tale area
56-60 Various monsters in the pyramid (Elfa Quests are very good too)
60-67 Crabs or level 60 Wisps/Goblins
67-80 Neo Navies/Lilput Freeway mobs or continue to grind at level 60 Goblins

Remember, party-play is way faster than soloing. So you should get at least one other person and go grind like there's no tomorrow for faster leveling. Make sure they're around your skill/funding level, though. . . And try to not over do it. If the mobs are taking forever to spawn, chances are, you have too many people on one map. Also, if you want to stop and do quests, feel free to do it. Most quests revolve around the monsters mentioned, however, other monsters mentioned in quests are SOMETIMES decent for grinding as well.

Clario 10-08-2009 05:24 AM

I saw the title and instantly read the guide.

It's very nice, and summarizes the class builds pretty well.

I guess I'm 'There Can Only Be Fire' then. Not very Cirno-ish. Maybe more Mokou.

Also, as a tip, maybe you should include the fact that Wizards can't air-skill (except with Blink) and need to PvP for it. Just for the people that didn't know that and are coming from other classes that can.

Also, for Elemental Prostitute, you could potentially have two hard hitting elements by using a Bat Heart, which is only really useful at a low level, IMO. Could be wrong about this.

LilPhenyl 10-08-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clario (Post 1007225)
I saw the title and instantly read the guide.

I only used the whole "Cirno's Perfect Wizard Class" because I love Cirno. Also, this isn't a "perfect" guide, just like Cirno's Perfect Math Class wasn't so perfect. :3

It's very nice, and summarizes the class builds pretty well.

Thanks! It's only half done. I figured it was "done enough" for it to be a guide, but I plan on adding a few more specifics such as mobs to train on until level 80.

I guess I'm 'There Can Only Be Fire' then. Not very Cirno-ish. Maybe more Mokou.

Eh, well, the title is like that so I don't have to say "There Can Only Be Fire/Wind/Earth/Water!", since that would just seem silly and confusing. I should've just said "Elemental Pride" or some such.

Also, as a tip, maybe you should include the fact that Wizards can't air-skill (except with Blink) and need to PvP for it. Just for the people that didn't know that and are coming from other classes that can.

You mean magic concentration. Yeah though, I SHOULD add that. Thanks for the tip!

Also, for Elemental Prostitute, you could potentially have two hard hitting elements by using a Bat Heart, which is only really useful at a low level, IMO. Could be wrong about this.

You are correct, but I'm thinking like this "WTF has enough money to get a bat heart? Better yet, how many bat hearts are there?" I can also add this if I knew what each bat heart added. This way, a funded person can take a little something extra from this guide.

Responses in bold. This guide is NOT done yet, so expect there to be some more when I get my mind right/get extra time. I can also ask my knuckle buddy to tell me what he did... But to be honest... The Knuckle Build is a terrible waste of money and time in so many ways. :py61:

KouNeeSama 10-08-2009 07:35 PM

you can't call that air skill, as very few skills works, it's almost useless i would say, good only if you're coming from above, but oviously a must if you pvp..

LilPhenyl 10-09-2009 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KouNeeSama (Post 1007954)
you can't call that air skill, as very few skills works, it's almost useless i would say, good only if you're coming from above, but oviously a must if you pvp..

I use it quite a lot when battling monsters. If I'm low on HP and need to push back a crowd, using jump skill + strongest available attack buys me a bit more time... But that's just me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lol (Post 1008327)
you can get a mil by around lv 35 if you play your cards correctly

so therefore its not unreasonable to have a bat heart by then

but they're eventually rubbish

If you play your cards correctly. IE: You can get 1m by level 35, but that doesn't mean you WILL (which in most cases, you won't). Bat Hearts also go for more than a mil these days, even though they are eventually rubbish unless you keep upgrading them. But chances are you won't be able to get a decent min/max on them since you'll be upgrading them (that's like, 2-5 durability per upgrade).

In the end, they're not worth it. There's many other things to waste money on that would prove more useful than a Bat Heart. ._."

LilPhenyl 10-09-2009 06:22 PM

Note: That's you.

I still highly doubt just anyone can get 1m by level 35 unless they know exactly what to do/buy/sell/etc. Especially since I've seen a lot of poor level 40's-50's who can't afford 1m's worth of anything.

Also, you're/we're going off topic. ._."

KouNeeSama 10-11-2009 09:15 PM

doesn't matter much as bat's heart is useless in my opinion, when you'll need it, you'll be able to get a nice minmax 20/20 that gives you the same damage as bat crits, but constant instead of ~15% of the time

LilPhenyl 10-27-2009 05:04 PM

Where to grind/the better build added in the second post. I'll get specific locations for each of the mobs (or general area) in a day or so.

iPutty 02-19-2010 09:01 PM

So if you were to reset at lvl 60 and you plan to stick with (mainly) one element, what weapon would be the best? I'm trying to figure out whether I should stick with a dagger or get a staff or something o___o" .

Sanichi 02-19-2010 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPutty (Post 1161708)
So if you were to reset at lvl 60 and you plan to stick with (mainly) one element, what weapon would be the best? I'm trying to figure out whether I should stick with a dagger or get a staff or something o___o" .

Depends on the element.

iPutty 02-20-2010 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanichi (Post 1161769)
Depends on the element.

Well, then what if the element is water (water element)?

LilPhenyl 02-20-2010 12:25 PM

This guide is unfinished and should be disregarded until I get the motivation to actually fix everything up. Rather, until I actually get 10 minutes of time so I can just say which is best for which build and so on. orz

Anyway, if you were to stick with one element, I'd suggest a staff for party grinding and a dagger/shield for soloing. You will get less defense/stamina with a staff, but you would deal more damage. If you have a special dagger (privaring, sphinx, or java) then use that along with a nice shield. If you stick with water, I highly suggest you get healing skills and max out all three mysteries. Water is weaker/slower than wind, and provides less DPM. You may as well take full advantage of the 10%-better-healing thing.

If you want to level faster and not worry about healing skills(that you'd only use for 20 levels), go with wind.

iPutty 02-20-2010 04:16 PM

I was thinking of that orz.

Thanks xD

Venraga 02-21-2010 10:37 AM

LilPhenyl I love this guide it's Amazing it's helping me quite a lot, but there is one thing.. I was using that wind build you made, could you but it back up or if your not doing that could you please PM me it? I always wanted a wind mage and that build was working out great! ^w^

LilPhenyl 02-21-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venraga (Post 1162885)
LilPhenyl I love this guide it's Amazing it's helping me quite a lot, but there is one thing.. I was using that wind build you made, could you but it back up or if your not doing that could you please PM me it? I always wanted a wind mage and that build was working out great! ^w^

I was using firefail/had the same edit box opened in two boxes and I made a little boo-boo/deleted it by accident. I'll get around to re-adding it later tonight after the whole x2 exp thing.

Venraga 02-21-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilPhenyl (Post 1163069)
I was using firefail/had the same edit box opened in two boxes and I made a little boo-boo/deleted it by accident. I'll get around to re-adding it later tonight after the whole x2 exp thing.

Ok kool ^^ Its also been bugging me who is that as you avatar?:hmm: I already know your sig is Mr. Awesome Flay.

LilPhenyl 02-21-2010 09:03 PM

She's from Umineko no Naku Koro ni. Her name is Gapp. I personally find it to be a terrible anime since all it's always PEOPLE DIE, THEN THEY COME BACK TO LIFE, THEN THEY DIE AGAIN - IT'S MAAAAAGIC! But Gapp and her trolling ways is always lulzy.