12-10-2009   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Setyroth will become famous soon enoughSetyroth will become famous soon enough
IGN: Setyroth
Class: Bard / Warlord lt_bard
Level: 12x / 9x
Guild: Nocturne
Default Wiki layout

Would it be possible to change the change the layout so it shows the relationship between skills or at least provide a image with the skill tree as a guide (like they do on jLT wiki).

Its god awfully confusing as is even when you are searching for one skill and know the entire tree like the back of your hand.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-10-2009   #2 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionMost Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

Like this? [Horribly done, but as an example]

I think it's a nice idea.

12-10-2009   #3 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

Yeah, I completely agree with this.

12-10-2009   #4 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

The Warrior skills page [Warrior Skills] has a pretty nice set up of the skills.

The problem is that there are no wiki editors specifically for LaTale so people rarely help edit the information.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

12-10-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Setyroth will become famous soon enoughSetyroth will become famous soon enough
IGN: Setyroth
Class: Bard / Warlord lt_bard
Level: 12x / 9x
Guild: Nocturne

It doesn't show the links between the attack skills. Things like requirement and how many levels. A good example would be the Strenght Upgrade lv5 (out of 10) is required for next skills, also the debuffs are in the same situation.

You then have another problem. All weapons are stuck togheter. I've seen and known people to use dual weapons, ie. dagger/magic, xbow/dagger, 2h/spear. But don't think even they like it all in once place. Misc should not be in the same place either, or at least not all just thrown together like they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrie
Like this? [Horribly done, but as an example]

I think it's a nice idea.
Yes exactly, here's jwiki's version:

The idea to color mark the different sections makes it all more clear too.

12-10-2009   #6 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionMost Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

Hm, I'll try playing with the warrior tree that we currently have later. I do like the button things but I don't know how I'm going to be able to mark everything. But I have a paper to do first :u

12-10-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Ai Sp@ceCabal OnlineDream of Mirror OnlineDrift City

aznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to beholdaznsakura is a splendid one to behold
IGN: HorieChan/HiranoChan
Class: 弓トレハン/アティ lt_bard
Level: 14x/8x
Guild: サイラクス/サイラクス

I've requested them to update the sidebanner because its really out of date and not organised. But still no reply on that yey.
I always try to make this wiki as close as Jwiki because their more organized than ours. I don't really see why we need a class page and have the skill separately. Couldn't they just put them together

12-10-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

NightMend is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to NightMend Send a message via MSN to NightMend
IGN: HeroRyu
Class: QUEET lt_blader
Level: 11x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirae
The Warrior skills page [Warrior Skills] has a pretty nice set up of the skills.

The problem is that there are no wiki editors specifically for LaTale so people rarely help edit the information.
Is there a thread on the basics for Wiki Edits? When I edit the wiki page with some minor errors, I sometimes find mistakes and want to put links + change the page a little.

+Rep if I've been helpful please! Always looking for active and nice buddies. PM Me in-game