ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   LaTale Wiki (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-wiki/)
-   -   WTF Latale's Wiki (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-wiki/57940-wtf-latales-wiki.html)

LilPhenyl 09-15-2009 10:49 PM

WTF Latale's Wiki

I have been using Latale's Wiki for some time now, and I can see that SOMEONE is either trying to be helpful and knows nothing about the format needed to do so. Or someone is trying to mess up the wiki. Parts are missing that should be there and now almost all Elias quests have Elias' map in the LOCATION area.

So um... Is someone trying to do something new/update the sections (doubt it) or is someone just screwing things up?

Esper 09-15-2009 11:09 PM

Can you please post a link to the page you are referring to?

BoredomKillz 09-16-2009 12:30 AM

i think Phenyl is talking about this
Elias Quests - /gg FTW! La Tale Wiki

it seems in the "location" spot a mini map of elias (and a table) have been added into it instead of saying like "Elias Fight Arena" or something

EDIT: it seems like it was only done to the NPCs in Elias Palace and Elias Inner Palace, wonder why xD

Sandrie 09-16-2009 03:56 AM

Edit:you could check under history, wiki edits are well documented

Sanichi 09-16-2009 05:49 AM

Looks like some put the Elias palace directly on there instead of a link.
http://wiki.ggftw.com/latale/Elias_Palace

LilPhenyl 09-16-2009 10:50 AM

Have the warrior and explorer wikis always been missing too? >.>;

Explorer Skills - /gg FTW! La Tale Wiki
Warrior Skills - /gg FTW! La Tale Wiki

Esper 09-16-2009 11:03 AM

Kantan [ our wiki bot ] is cleaning and moving things around to make it work properly.

If you are worried that the bot or someone is messing with it, send a private message to Medoria and she will handle it.

Redz 09-16-2009 12:10 PM

It has something to do with the NPC project the mini map is inserted to the npc's at elias palace.

Manabi 09-16-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoredomKillz (Post 980621)
i think Phenyl is talking about this
Elias Quests - /gg FTW! La Tale Wiki

it seems in the "location" spot a mini map of elias (and a table) have been added into it instead of saying like "Elias Fight Arena" or something

EDIT: it seems like it was only done to the NPCs in Elias Palace and Elias Inner Palace, wonder why xD

It's been that way since June 17th at the least, so it's not anything really recent.

As Sandrie said, you can see who did what from the history link on each page.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanichi (Post 980773)
Looks like some put the Elias palace directly on there instead of a link.
Elias Palace - /gg FTW! La Tale Wiki

Look at the history, Flayd did it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilPhenyl (Post 981047)
Have the warrior and explorer wikis always been missing too? >.>;

Explorer Skills - /gg FTW! La Tale Wiki
Warrior Skills - /gg FTW! La Tale Wiki

That's left over from when we had namespaces, they're there, just the link is LaTale:Explorer/Warrior_Skills. I'll fix it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedHalloween (Post 981152)
It has something to do with the NPC project the mini map is inserted to the npc's at elias palace.

No, the NPC project hasn't done anything with mini-maps.

Also this type of thing should probably go in the La Tale Wiki forum, it's not under the main LaTale stuff so people miss it.

Redz 09-16-2009 06:41 PM

^ At least i was giving an idea no need to shoot it down.

Sanichi 09-16-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maestro4k (Post 981263)
It's been that way since June 17th at the least, so it's not anything really recent.

As Sandrie said, you can see who did what from the history link on each page.

Look at the history, Flayd did it.

That's left over from when we had namespaces, they're there, just the link is LaTale:Explorer/Warrior_Skills. I'll fix it.

No, the NPC project hasn't done anything with mini-maps.

Also this type of thing should probably go in the La Tale Wiki forum, it's not under the main LaTale stuff so people miss it.

Nice Job catching all those then :py60:

Manabi 09-16-2009 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedHalloween (Post 981734)
^ At least i was giving an idea no need to shoot it down.

I wasn't shooting it down, I just told you the NPC project wasn't doing anything with the maps. Which it isn't, so not sure what your complaint is. :py39:

In any case, I fixed most of those by changing them to correctly have the location as the Elias Palace and upping the correct map for that. Thankfully it's not as long as the full Elias one. :py07:

Chesters 09-20-2009 01:22 AM

Moved to the Wiki forum. Please post all wiki-related issues there, for future reference.

And this specific issue has been fixed.