MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > LaTale > LaTale Wiki

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
09-03-2009   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

flayd is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to flayd Send a message via MSN to flayd
IGN: Flayd/Gospar
Class: Warrior/Explorer lt_warlord
Level: 48/29
Guild: AbsoluteWorld
Default Flayd's Edits

Hey guys! A nice La Tale fan, originally to just play and look up this stuff for my benefit, but now you have a La Tale fan and contributor at your service!

How It All Started

It all started just today (September 3rd, 2009) where I desperately needed a guidebook (in game, not a general guidebook) for an Instance Dungeon (Toad Mountain anyone?) I searched for these guidebooks according to the enemies specified, which were the most basic ones. However, even the most basic enemies were incomplete, as some drops were missing. As I performed a genocide on these enemies, I recorded the drops on the enemies' profiles, but even some items were lacking some precious information. This got me interested to finally create an account for MMOGames (soon to be /GGFTW as I can see) and got myself to work.

My Work

Since I can see that the NPCs are a great priority to the Wiki community for now, there wasn't much I can do to help out, since I'm not much of a photographer/editor to make the NPC images nice and crisp. However, with the work I've done so far, I plan to actually edit (some of) the monster drops and the items, equipment, etc. themselves (that need fixing and/or editing.) Furthermore, some of the area mini-maps are also missing from pages. I will try to fill up those pages as well.

I will be posting updates after this post, but probably not until the end of the night (or tomorrow morning if I stay up that late, really.) All other updates will be posted on separate posts (but will refrain from double posting).

But any questions or concerns at all will definitely be welcomed, and hope to work well in this group here!

Last edited by flayd; 09-03-2009 at 07:57 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-03-2009   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Pauliewoggy will become famous soon enough
IGN: LittleKitty5/LittleKittay
Class: Blader/Explorer lt_blader
Level: 10x/6x
Guild: Causality

We all do appreciate your effort. There are easier ways to go about getting drop rate data and such. Start digging into the game data files :P

09-03-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

I would do that, but I'm not sure how to do that myself. >_>; But maybe I can leave that to you guys, should there be any information missing.

Tonight's project will undergo the entire forest area, so I'll give you guys an update on that later.

EDIT: Entire Forest Area done with self-constructed mini-maps, monster information, and surrounding locations, so some pages should look a little more prettier. =] Tomorrow I'll begin the Ancient Forest Area, and for some more of tonight, I'll work on some equipment information.

EDIT 2: While looking around, I stumbled upon Chester's very empty Puzzle List. After that, I decided to go for it. I hope Chester doesn't mind. =x

EDIT 3: Finished up the Puzzle List, along with the remaining puzzle images! That took a while... Maybe I'll do a Cube List tomorrow? By the way, as I navigated some more, do you think we ought to get rid of this page and replace it with the Puzzle List page?

EDIT 4: Overall rundown of the day: Added drops for Priring and Wolf; completed the whole Forest Area and uploaded their respected mini-maps; opened up the Fields category, presenting the first subcategory in it; and completed the Puzzle List and uploaded the missing puzzle images (puzzle solved?)

--- 09/04/09 ---

EDIT: At last, the Cube List is completed. I was also interested in helping Shugi out with the Emoticon section, making a whole new Emoticon Template and page of the Angry Emoticon. The Angry Emoticon (beta) page can be found in his topic. Later on tonight, I'll be working on the Ancient Forest maps and enemies, but for now I need to work on some other stuff.

EDIT 2: As promised, the Ancient Forest Area has been completed. Now I'll be supporting Shugi with the Emoticon section.

EDIT 3: Finished most of the emoticon section for Shugi! Animations should be coming soon. That's all that I'm going to be doing today, since I've worked a good 6-8 hours or so on the Wiki alone today, and I need to go to real work in the morning. If only I got paid for this job, haha.

Last edited by flayd; 09-04-2009 at 06:30 PM.

09-14-2009   #4 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games
La TalePangyaCabal Online
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardTwitter Fan

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future
IGN: Manabi/Joxina/Fatechan
Class: RW/Blader/Bard lt_treasurehunter
Level: 175/107/111
Guild: ShiningRay / AnimeBlogger
Xfire: ManabiLT

Umm, why are you naming stuff LT_*? There's no need for namespaces any longer, so don't append a LT_ or LaTale to stuff. -_-

Also, I keep a copy of all the extracted images here: Index of /latale/images I keep it up to date, so feel free to use it.

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),
Fatechan (Level 141 Minstrel), Viitachan (Level 85 Templar)

09-15-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Flayd, there should be nothing with LT or Latale in the namespaces. I'm going to start working on converting all the emote pages/images you made to reflect this.

Edit: I see that the bot already migrated a lot of the pages, going to be fixing the images/template to the new namespace.

Last edited by Pauliewoggy; 09-15-2009 at 07:37 AM.

09-15-2009   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

All of the pages had LaTale and LT in the names before the bot announcement was even made. However, I'll check the pages for these names later on tonight. Sorry if there was any confusion involved.

09-15-2009   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

/forum/wiki-discussi...iki-teams.html