Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-11-2009   #1 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent Winner

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Chesters
Guild: SOS Brigade
Arrow Main Project: NPCs

LaTale NPCs Project

Thank you all for the hard work! Sorry for all the delays. Enjoy the finally-finished NPC section.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Related Information:

- Help Information: NPCs

Last edited by Chesters; 12-27-2009 at 07:45 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-11-2009   #2 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light

Added categories, images, and the names into the box.

Currently the order goes as follows:
  1. Belos
  2. Elias
  3. Yong Gyoung
  4. Aoich
  5. Elfa
  6. Ves
  7. Lilliput
  8. Atlantis
  9. Midgard
  10. Big Toad's Town
  11. The Big Apple
  12. The City of Iron
  13. Traveler's Heaven
If anyone has suggestions to a slightly different order, please say so. +_+ (note, they will not be alphabetized.)

08-12-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Pauliewoggy will become famous soon enough
IGN: LittleKitty5/LittleKittay
Class: Blader/Explorer lt_blader
Level: 10x/6x
Guild: Causality

Figured I'd help you out since it's obvious nobody else is.

Feel free to pm me

08-12-2009   #4 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale

Thanks for the help, Pauliewoggy.

For future reference, note that instead of copying and pasting information from one page to another (and blanking the previous page), you can use the "Move" tab at the top of the page to move it to another name (basically, rename it.) This keeps the previous edits in the history in-tact.

Regardless, thanks for the help.

Also, I've edited the first post so it only shows the remaining tasks to be completed, as I found the list striking out to be a bit cluttered.

08-12-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Ah, thanks for the tip. I'll make sure and do that

Just glad to contribute!

08-12-2009   #6 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale

All the navigation boxes have been completed, minus a few slight edits if the missing information is collected.

Now the huge job of completing all the NPCs remain. We can do eet~ ;o

Stay tuned until I make a little NPC template how-to for educated use. ~

08-13-2009   #7 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

I had almost all the NPC images before, but my laptop blew up along with those images. I'll see if i can find them all again @_@

edit:i noticed that some of the NPC's descriptions have either 1st or 3rd point of view. Should it be like:
"Clerk of Belos Bank. The bank will store your items and money for you. "
or
"I'm a regular citizen of Belos. You can hear the general story about Iris. "

Last edited by Sandrie; 08-13-2009 at 09:10 AM.

08-13-2009   #8 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale

An index of the ripped NPC images (large, only) can be found here: Index of /LaTale/ripped/npcsicons

It's difficult, however, to find a specific NPC as you're going through it, since it's all jumbled up and are just listed as numbers. To make things easier, though, I bookmarked each and every image into a folder (named after the town they belong in) so I shall have an easier time with the uploading part.

The Belos NPCs have all been completely finished, besides from the things listed under "Pages Incomplete"... which is unfortunately quite a list of things. @__@;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrie
edit:i noticed that some of the NPC's descriptions have either 1st or 3rd point of view. Should it be like:
"Clerk of Belos Bank. The bank will store your items and money for you. "
or
"I'm a regular citizen of Belos. You can hear the general story about Iris. "
The descriptions are taken directly from in-game, when you put your mouse over an NPC in the World Map. For now, just leave them without revision (even if it is Engrish'd or from a different PoV.)

Last edited by Chesters; 08-13-2009 at 09:22 PM.

08-13-2009   #9 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games
La TalePangyaCabal Online
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardTwitter Fan

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future
IGN: Manabi/Joxina/Fatechan
Class: RW/Blader/Bard lt_treasurehunter
Level: 175/107/111
Guild: ShiningRay / AnimeBlogger
Xfire: ManabiLT

I have a question, what exactly are the gif images you're wanting/needing? Would these be animated gifs of their idle animations, or something else?

Edit: Since I had downloaded all the stuff from that link before I went through and sorted the NPC artwork into sub-directories by location and uploaded it to my server. This way others can more easily help with the uploading. I'll try to upload some to the wiki myself as well.

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),
Fatechan (Level 141 Minstrel), Viitachan (Level 85 Templar)

Last edited by Manabi; 08-13-2009 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Added link to sorted NPC artwork

08-13-2009   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Nice work maestro, definitely something that was needed! Going to work on the NPCs tonight!

Also @ Chesters: I think 3rd person would be better.

Last edited by Pauliewoggy; 08-13-2009 at 04:26 PM.

08-13-2009   #11 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games

Manabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant futureManabi has a brilliant future

OK, large images for all NPCs in Elias with a page already up are done except:
  • Ignate (Ignate's missing from that set of images we're using.)
  • Ring (Because there's what looks like a namespace collision. I didn't want to risk breaking something.)
I can't figure out how to add pages properly for the NPCs that don't already have pages, but I'll continue to upload images for the ones that are already there.

Edit 1: Large images for all NPCs in Yong Gyoung have now been uploaded. It lists Shaowee in the inn for some reason, when it should be Kazno. I uploaded Kazno's image already so it's ready for when his page is created.

Manabi (Level 177 RW), Mitsuki4k (Level 155 Engistar), Joxina (Level 141 Strider),

Last edited by Manabi; 08-13-2009 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Updated what I've uploaded to wiki.

08-13-2009   #12 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute

Manabi I can create the pages and you can upload the big npc images. The sprites of them I rip from screenshots so it gonna take me a while ~_~

Edit:Created pages for surrounding areas of Elias. No idea how to add the "abilities" divorce, marry, and the Iris stones.

Last edited by Sandrie; 08-13-2009 at 05:42 PM.

08-13-2009   #13 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

im not very good at uploading or making pages `-` but i can add info and whatnot when all that is done =D

08-13-2009   #14 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games

Quote:
Manabi I can create the pages and you can upload the big npc images. The sprites of them I rip from screenshots so it gonna take me a while ~_~
Sounds good to me, I just finished up Aoich. I uploaded the Shadow Ninja King here: Image:Shadow Ninja King.png - MyMMOGames.net Wiki I think I got the naming right.

Edit 1: OK, now I've got all of the Elfa NPCs done, if they didn't have a page I just uploaded the pictures using the same naming patterns.

Edit 2: And now I've got all of Ves' NPCs done, if they didn't have a page I just uploaded the pictures using the same naming patterns.

I think I'll stop there for a while.

Last edited by Manabi; 08-13-2009 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Updated what I've uploaded to wiki.

08-13-2009   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Cool Maestro, I'll take care of the pages for the NPCs tonight.

08-13-2009   #16 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

Okay I created missing pages for all the npcs from Elias to Elfa(edit:Finished! wow that took a while.). Also added that Levi is the NPC in the Elias Security office.

Last edited by Sandrie; 08-13-2009 at 07:50 PM.

08-13-2009   #17 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games

All Right, I did some searching and have found a program to extract the data from the SPF files. So... I'll be sorting and re-uploading because I now have the most recent set which includes the missing NPCs. ^_^ I'll go ahead and upload the missing ones in the meantime, so it may be a day or two before I upload the updated ones.

Also, I'm extracting all the other SPF files and seeing what's in them. I'll upload anything that can be useful for the wiki. And it looks like OGP has gone through and renamed the images, the very first one was named 001_01_IGNATE_BASIC00.PNG, which is the missing Ignate image obviously. Having the character names in the filenames is very handy. Q_Q

Edit: Ignate, Priest Issac & Sister Lillian are uploaded now. Only Ring's missing from Elias due to that potential namespace collision.

Last edited by Manabi; 08-13-2009 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Updated what I've uploaded to wiki.

08-13-2009   #18 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro4k
All Right, I did some searching and have found a program to extract the data from the SPF files. So... I'll be sorting and re-uploading because I now have the most recent set which includes the missing NPCs. ^_^ I'll go ahead and upload the missing ones in the meantime, so it may be a day or two before I upload the updated ones.

Also, I'm extracting all the other SPF files and seeing what's in them. I'll upload anything that can be useful for the wiki. And it looks like OGP has gone through and renamed the images, the very first one was named 001_01_IGNATE_BASIC00.PNG, which is the missing Ignate image obviously. Having the character names in the filenames is very handy. Q_Q
Please tell me the NPC sprites are there Q_Q

08-13-2009   #19 (permalink)
Needs more cute stuff
Games

Quote:
Please tell me the NPC sprites are there Q_Q
Well yes, but not sure they're in a format you can use. I'll upload pretty much everything, but give me some time as I need to go through it and rename directories better to indicate what's in them. (Or at least make a text file telling what's what.) Also it'll take a while to upload since there's nearly 800MB of stuff after the SPF files are unpacked. py28: I found the complete soundtrack in one of the files, I think it has stuff that's not on the Korean site yet.

Edit: LOL, I found the censor list.

Last edited by Manabi; 08-13-2009 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Added some info.

08-13-2009   #20 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Edit it and spoof the MD5 checksum and you've got uncensored latale :P