Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-13-2008   #1 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Wiki Translators

Can you read Chinese or Japanese?
Can you type in English?
Are you as excited about LaTale closed beta as we are?

THEN ZOMG WE WANT YOU!
YES, YOU! ;o;

Please help the community populate the wiki! We are in need of translators who can read info off the Chinese LaTale database or the Japanese LaTale wiki so we can fill up our MOG wiki. The wiki team has done excellent progress so far, but there's just so many data! Any help would be appreciated.

Be sure to check what's already up in the wiki so we won't end up translating the same thing~ o:

But I don't know how to edit the wiki!
Quote:
For those who don't feel comfortable editing the wiki directly, please post your translations in new threads in the wiki section. Put [LaTale] Translation: __(Subject)__ in the title so that wiki editors will know that it needs to be transferred to the wiki. Also, this way other translators won't end up translating the same thing.

DO NOT POST YOUR TRANSLATIONS IN THIS THREAD ANYMORE, as we are trying to organize the process (creds to team leader Kudaranai for the idea).

I don't know how to translate but I can edit the wiki!
Quote:
You can help by transferring the translations in the wiki section into the wiki (see above). Please don't forget to reply to the thread that you are transferring so that others know you are already working on it, as well as to show that you helped with the wiki. ^_^

TO-DO LIST
Quote:
1. Skill notes, descriptions, and formulas from jWiki
- We have the numbers listed down, but many skills need descriptions on how they actually work [link]

2. Translations need to be transferred to the wiki:
a. http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/wiki...site-take.html
b. http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/wiki...st-skills.html
c. http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/wiki...elos-town.html
d. http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/wiki...s-summary.html
e. http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/wiki...criptions.html

3. Monsters Lvl 30+ [link]

Please reply if there's something that needs to be added... Thanks!

Thankies! <3

Last edited by Catharsis; 07-28-2008 at 06:12 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-13-2008   #2 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

hai hubby <3333

---///

Anyway, we do have existing translators around, but we'll need more translators to help us to populates the wiki, by assigning them to each parts of the game wikis.

/;o;, /enslaved ;-;

---///

Anyway, it's recommended that you guys joins our IRC room, so that we can discuss on what, how, and which to add/edit/remove @ Latale wiki.

Don't know how? Read here.
http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/mymm...c-channel.html

Post #1, and Post #2

---///

Another note:-
- The data between Korean, Japanese, Chinese information might be different, please use IRC to communicate with us regarding this info.

Last edited by Miyuki; 07-13-2008 at 03:52 AM.

07-13-2008   #3 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Another note: It's not much, but anyone that steps up and fills these roles will be given VIP status on the forum for non-monetary contribution to MyMMOGames.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

07-13-2008   #4 (permalink)
Forsaken Valkyrie
Games
Trickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook Fan

Rtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to all
IGN: Tankality
Class: Paladin lt_templar
Level: 8x
Guild: Delirium Trigger

I've already started to add Warrior skills to the database.
I hope it helps.

07-13-2008   #5 (permalink)
DTF
Games
Trickster OnlineLuniaDragon SagaLa Tale
Awards MoM Award

Location: south of the north pole and north of the south pole
kale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kale15

I'll translate whatever you want me to translate from the japanese wiki, just PM me what you want me to get.

07-14-2008   #6 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kale15
I'll translate whatever you want me to translate from the japanese wiki, just PM me what you want me to get.
;o;

*hugs* YAY

Can I ask for help with this? There's a section on that page with class descriptions. ^_^
*ᥤ - ơ Wiki*

I'm trying to look for character "stories" but I can seem to remember the source... >_>

07-14-2008   #7 (permalink)
Don't touch 8|
Awards Retired Content StaffRetired Content Staff

Sheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Flarina/Lunata
Class: SHEEP/ ???? to_soulmaster
Level: 142/5xx
Guild: SOLOMODO/Wish
Xfire: !!! D8

We have Azusa 8D *kidnaps her* She helped with the translations of the skills and weapon pages =D

07-14-2008   #8 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games

Azusa's overworked as it is. We need more translators. ;w;

07-14-2008   #9 (permalink)
Forsaken Valkyrie
Games
Trickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook Fan

Rtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to allRtothef is a name known to all
IGN: Tankality
Class: Paladin lt_templar
Level: 8x
Guild: Delirium Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharsis
Azusa's overworked as it is. We need more translators. ;w;
Quote for the Truth.
I applaud Azusa's efforts, as well as all the rest of you.

I mean it, thank you.

07-15-2008   #10 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Guild: Kirameki

Translators are a rare commodity. I've been part of 3 anime fansub groups - two were startups and the translators were the spots we had the hardest time filling. Thanks to all who take the time to translate for us - there are few that can do your job.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

07-15-2008   #11 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Guild: University of California, San Diego

omg what would i do without you translators
i'm playing chinese latale right now and i can't understand anything ;.;

07-16-2008   #12 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games

Uhm... Anyone? Come on, just basic class descriptions from this: *ᥤ - ơ Wiki*

? QQ

07-16-2008   #13 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute

I've added some, it's translated from Chinese tho, should be the same :x

Links are @ my Wiki profile [lol, need grammatical fix]

07-16-2008   #14 (permalink)
DTF
Games
Trickster OnlineLuniaDragon SagaLa Tale
Awards MoM Award

Location: south of the north pole and north of the south pole
kale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond reputekale15 has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kale15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharsis
Uhm... Anyone? Come on, just basic class descriptions from this: *ᥤ - ơ Wiki*

? QQ
I'm working on it, I'm not that great with kanji so I have to refer to my book for those.

07-16-2008   #15 (permalink)
C'est La Vie

Mysteria will become famous soon enoughMysteria will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Mysteria
IGN: Eyelash
Level: 143

Well I'm originally chinese....but I'm not sure I can exactly translate the chinese Wiki. Could someone give me the link to it so I could try???

EDIT: Nvm looks like it was in the first post LOL.
EDIT EDIT: looks like I can do it but barely........ what should I try translating first?

Last edited by Mysteria; 07-16-2008 at 11:38 AM.

07-16-2008   #16 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Come to our IRC channel to discuss more if you're unsure "/.

We welcomes translators abroad =3

07-17-2008   #17 (permalink)
Don't touch 8|
Awards Retired Content StaffRetired Content Staff

Sheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Flarina/Lunata
Class: SHEEP/ ???? to_soulmaster
Level: 142/5xx
Guild: SOLOMODO/Wish
Xfire: !!! D8

chinese latale - Google Search

We appear on the 3rd one 8DD

07-17-2008   #18 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Mine ish ignored ;;

07-17-2008   #19 (permalink)
C'est La Vie

Mysteria will become famous soon enoughMysteria will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Mysteria
IGN: Eyelash
Level: 143

Well I found out I have a low attention span and I don't feel like translating anymore LOL. Im gonna go ride my bike now. Maybe when I feel like im dedicated..............srry

If you want I can like translate like 1 skill or a weapon/monster!!?? (wont be much help though)

07-18-2008   #20 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

KryoSan is on a distinguished road

Uhh ... I was a Japanese translator for a few wikis awhile back, and I'm gonna lend some insight here, though it should be common sense. DON'T TAKE INFO FROM FOREIGN GAMES. Mainly because they are already updated further then the NA, Euro, etc. Versions. Seeing as things are subjected too change at any given time it is better to wait, and when the patches or updates are released to dedicate time on learning everything/doing everything in it. It could cause the death of a wiki. As I would know >_<. It is up too you where and how you get the info, but I would advice against foreign guides unless they are EXACTLY the Same.