Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-18-2008   #21 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryoSan
Uhh ... I was a Japanese translator for a few wikis awhile back, and I'm gonna lend some insight here, though it should be common sense. DON'T TAKE INFO FROM FOREIGN GAMES. Mainly because they are already updated further then the NA, Euro, etc. Versions. Seeing as things are subjected too change at any given time it is better to wait, and when the patches or updates are released to dedicate time on learning everything/doing everything in it. It could cause the death of a wiki. As I would know >_<. It is up too you where and how you get the info, but I would advice against foreign guides unless they are EXACTLY the Same.
Actually no, us being further updated than the rest of the wikis available would give us a tactical advantage as almost everyone would be using OUR wiki other than the rest of the LaTale wiki with their slow pace along with the game.
We'll further update the wiki after eLaTale is released.

This is Kyuubey

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-18-2008   #22 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to all the translators! :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryoSan
Uhh ... I was a Japanese translator for a few wikis awhile back, and I'm gonna lend some insight here, though it should be common sense. DON'T TAKE INFO FROM FOREIGN GAMES. Mainly because they are already updated further then the NA, Euro, etc. Versions. Seeing as things are subjected too change at any given time it is better to wait, and when the patches or updates are released to dedicate time on learning everything/doing everything in it. It could cause the death of a wiki. As I would know >_<. It is up too you where and how you get the info, but I would advice against foreign guides unless they are EXACTLY the Same.
Don't worry, the MOG team has been translating wikis from other games for eons now, so we're pretty much aware of the pitfalls. Thankfully the members are very vigilant with keeping their data clean, so come eLT comes out, discrepancies will be edited to match the English version. The data is also edited when patches are released.

But, we all have to start from somewhere, and that somewhere would be the non-English versions. Thanks for the feedback, though!

07-18-2008   #23 (permalink)
sɪlvər

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharsis
Thanks to all the translators! :3

Don't worry, the MOG team has been translating wikis from other games for eons now, so we're pretty much aware of the pitfalls. Thankfully the members are very vigilant with keeping their data clean, so come eLT comes out, discrepancies will be edited to match the English version. The data is also edited when patches are released.

But, we all have to start from somewhere, and that somewhere would be the non-English versions. Thanks for the feedback, though!
Scroll up Cath, I've already done my part for the day :x

This is Kyuubey

07-19-2008   #24 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, thanks a lot Kago~

The wiki mods are working on the template and how the quests will be arranged. Me... I'm waiting for their instructions, lol, coz I suck at wiki codes. xD

07-19-2008   #25 (permalink)
On the Radio
Special
Games
MapleStoryAudition 2PangyaTrickster Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Junior

Kebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kebin Send a message via Skype™ to Kebin
IGN: Kevin
Class: (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ lt_bard
Level: 19
Guild: (◕‿◕✿)

thanks Rook, where do you get this info? If you can show me a korean area, I might be able to help with translations

07-19-2008   #26 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

KryoSan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Rook
Actually no, us being further updated than the rest of the wikis available would give us a tactical advantage as almost everyone would be using OUR wiki other than the rest of the LaTale wiki with their slow pace along with the game.
We'll further update the wiki after eLaTale is released.
Wait what ... How does that have anything too do with what I said? I was warning against using Foreign guides due to changes that might be made too the eLa. No disrespect.

Quote:

Okie Dokie. I just have a very sore dislike for the use of foreign wikis since my last one was totally killed when the English version came out. They changed the game so much. =-='

07-20-2008   #27 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Chinese's my mother tongue, so I can translate if needed.

07-20-2008   #28 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games

zgm, for the love of my shoulders, could you help miyoo with quest translations? Please? <3

07-20-2008   #29 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
zgm, for the love of my shoulders, could you help miyoo with quest translations? Please? <3
How2help?

Directions pls. =/

07-20-2008   #30 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

There, as pointed @ irc >3

Welcome abroad, translator slave >D

er...wait...D8

07-20-2008   #31 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

I'll fail @ the NPC names and stuff, so...

GG... Q_Q

07-20-2008   #32 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute

/pats /pats, you still doing good work tho 8D

07-20-2008   #33 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

/pats zgm ;o

First page of translated [probably broken stuff lolz...], has been pmed to you, Cath.

07-20-2008   #34 (permalink)
sɪlvər

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmfx09a
Well, first time translating, so I'll post my work for now.

Gonna complete it tml I think... >_>

Translating: 多玩游戏,多玩彩虹岛数据库,稀有 备、怪物、NPC、隐藏任务、地图查找 (Quest from lvl31 to lvl45)

Any ideas on special terms are welcomed. >_<

*headaches*
:x I'm guessing that you're using a translator program... Like google or something?
And yes, that alice transportation whatever thingy is supposed to be the Portal Stone. Theres other types though, that can teleport you to other towns that you might not have visited before.

This is Kyuubey

07-20-2008   #35 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Lol, Alice, Alysia, Alicia, Ellysa, Ellya.

I wonder which name they'll take for English Latale :s

07-20-2008   #36 (permalink)
sɪlvər

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki
Lol, Alice, Alysia, Alicia, Ellysa, Ellya.

I wonder which name they'll take for English Latale :s
The names I took is copied directly from the image file names.. :x

Right click image -> Save As -> Check file name :3

This is Kyuubey

07-20-2008   #37 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

oh lol, thanks for notifying that :x

07-20-2008   #38 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

Quote:
:x I'm guessing that you're using a translator program... Like google or something?
And yes, that alice transportation whatever thingy is supposed to be the Portal Stone. Theres other types though, that can teleport you to other towns that you might not have visited before.
Nah, I translate it myself...

My Chinese is not that poor... Lol.

But yeah. I have difficulty translating those names. And having no LaTale background or knowledge is not helping... Lol.

Quote:
The names I took is copied directly from the image file names.. :x

Right click image -> Save As -> Check file name :3
And that's a good tip... >:

*takes note*

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 07-20-2008 at 08:12 AM.

07-20-2008   #39 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

@zgm, you could join us @ clt ;o

More translators surely can reduce the workload, and thus speeding stuff up x3.

07-20-2008   #40 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

weison is on a distinguished road
Guild: ShiningRay

I can try to translate chinese, but the site isn't working.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /data/www/chdb.duowan.com/include/common.inc.php on line 24
Can not connect to database.