Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-17-2008   #1 (permalink)
Pixellated Yeti Goodness.
Special

Dook is just really niceDook is just really niceDook is just really niceDook is just really nice
IGN: Dookoon/Dashyat
Class: Mighty Ferret Militia
Level: Low
Guild: Noobs Club
Default Tengkar wants to help out with LaTale wiki

hihi

I've been editing some of the LaTale wiki entries lately (and if you look closely you may see some of the mistakes I made ) and since I'm new to this whole wiki editing business plus I have no programming credibilities whatsoever, I've got a few questions that I'd like to ask

1. I screwed up with some of the image uploading.
1a.I uploaded a mine bat gif onto the MONSTERNAME.gif file (Bats are on the loose in the monsters section!)
1b.I was going to upload a picture for the Mystery Rod II skill in the Templars' Skills section but I typoed the file name, so now there's an image file lying somewhere in the wiki with that isn't linked from anywhere.
1c.Is there any way to undo image file uploads?

2. In the monster's section, how do you set up the contents table? (e.g. like the ones in the monsters by level section) I edited the lvl50~59 monsters section, and as you can see it doesn't have a contents table (yet).

Ermm that's all for now. I think I'll just stick to editing pages instead of adding new ones, (There are lots of pages in need of editing!) cuz I don't know how :3

If I stumble upon any more questions I'll just pile them here.

~CHeers!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-17-2008   #2 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

Alll I can say right now is to try to change all the Zeros on the tables to question marks;;
Edit:I'll fix the rod and the monstername.gif :P

--Frenchbread is

Last edited by Sanichi; 11-17-2008 at 05:44 AM.

11-17-2008   #3 (permalink)
ZeR
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleDragon Nest

ZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of light

yeah its so confusing, i just guess alot and mess around with stuff and preview it before submitting anything. Copypasta templates from other monsters :X

11-17-2008   #4 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

*cough* You named it beating stick II ._.

--Frenchbread is

11-17-2008   #5 (permalink)
Special

Dook is just really niceDook is just really niceDook is just really niceDook is just really nice

Haha, yeah I kinda dived headfirst into wiki-ing with little idea on what I was doing .
But I did make a few productive changes (or so I think)

Thanks Sanichi for fixing my stuff-up xP

I've got another question:
Some of the item names are wrong, so I tried changing them but when I changed some the image that was there before disappeared. It'll allow me to put a new image up but I'm not sure if I should do this, cuz I believe the image disappeared because of the fact that the page looks for an image with the new name I just entered. Should I upload another image or is there a way to rename a pre-uploaded image?

I ask such long and wordy questions orz

Maybe I should just stick to easy edits

Edit: I think I named it iBeating_stick_II.jpg. the 'i' ruined it. I have no idea how the 'i' got in there.

Last edited by Dook; 11-17-2008 at 06:02 AM.

11-17-2008   #6 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent Winner

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Chesters
Guild: SOS Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengkar
1a.I uploaded a mine bat gif onto the MONSTERNAME.gif file (Bats are on the loose in the monsters section!)
Has been fixed by Medoria. Please be aware of file names when uploading, and always check for errors before proceeding.
Quote:
1b.I was going to upload a picture for the Mystery Rod II skill in the Templars' Skills section but I typoed the file name, so now there's an image file lying somewhere in the wiki with that isn't linked from anywhere.
That's fine, if it is unused it will go under the special page for "Unused files" and eventually will be deleted. (unless it already has been)
Quote:
1c.Is there any way to undo image file uploads?
They can be deleted by sysops, however normal users cannot delete images.

Quote:
2. In the monster's section, how do you set up the contents table? (e.g. like the ones in the monsters by level section) I edited the lvl50~59 monsters section, and as you can see it doesn't have a contents table (yet).
Auto-created when there are 3 or 4 or so headers. You can force one by typing __TOC__ where you wish it to appear, however that generally won't be needed once the monsters are added.

Quote:
Some of the item names are wrong, so I tried changing them but when I changed some the image that was there before disappeared. It'll allow me to put a new image up but I'm not sure if I should do this, cuz I believe the image disappeared because of the fact that the page looks for an image with the new name I just entered. Should I upload another image or is there a way to rename a pre-uploaded image?
Please upload it in its correctly named file.

Hope that answered some questions. Feel free to ask more, good luck on the editing :.)!

11-17-2008   #7 (permalink)
Special

Alrighty, thanks Chesters!

11-17-2008   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

If you need an image or file deleted please just add it to the "Delete" category. Sysops will delete them when they have time

Kitty Empire Forever

11-18-2008   #9 (permalink)
Crash into me!

Authentic will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Authentic
IGN: Authentic
Level: 30

Yeah I noticed a few changes in the weapons/armor sections, thanks.

I was going to get around to editing it all up once I had it all done but the faster the better!