ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   LaTale Wiki (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-wiki/)
-   -   Quests/Monsters/Etc (http://ggftw.com/forum/latale-wiki/12103-quests-monsters-etc.html)

Teleclast 10-05-2008 02:08 AM

Quests/Monsters/Etc

Well, I've noticed that for some quests there isn't really a standard, and for some monsters they're non-existent, so I have a few questions.

Firstly is, for the quests should I change the ones that aren't in format with the majority to the majorities format? For example if most are "20x item" and some are "20 item".

Secondly, as far as monsters go, is there a dump yet, and if so, are the images on their way up? I wouldn't mind starting to make the monster pages based off of existing ones, but if the images are there it would be easier.

Thirdly, there are some skills that don't have percentages when the actual skill ingame does, is there a reason it doesn't and it's general, or shall I add it? (I plan on adding it,but I through this one in here cause I was already making a thread...)

--
Also, hi, finally joined from over at MyTrickster, I see it's pretty much the same people that are active :0 (With some new ones though o.o)

Kudaranai 10-05-2008 12:27 PM

I suppose so, change them to match the majority. I've changed some, but haven't gone through all of it.

Monsters images are from jWiki, I find it easier to upload the images after everything else is made, but @_@.

The last one..I have no idea. Most of the info were translated from jWiki way before the official release. I've discovered that a lot of things are different. We're slowly editing to match our version of the game.

Chesters 10-05-2008 04:44 PM

I prefer if for quests items would be listed without the 'x'. It seems a bit unneeded, and I believe it just looks better overall without it.

Tenelax 10-05-2008 06:05 PM

I just did it :3 took a little 15min... but it worth it! Way better like that ;D. I didnt remove those in the reward section because it would not fit with exp and ely...

Chesters 10-05-2008 06:29 PM

Sorry, I should have clarified this better.

By x's I mean, when it is being used as "multiple" for item amounts. Some things are listed like "10x Round Tails". I meant to say I prefer it without the x, such as "10 Round Tails".

However, it might be better without the use of the asterisks for lists anyway, since they don't appear anyhow. Also note, if the quest only has one request, please just put it in the same line

Example:

Condition=Collect 5 Tails

instead of

Condition=
Collect 5 tails.

Teleclast 10-05-2008 09:07 PM

Thanks for the answers.
I have a bit of extra time on my hand (Playing LaTale) and when I play a game, I enjoy contributing found information. :]

Tenelax 10-06-2008 04:43 AM

Ohhh ok.. Well I cant change anything now because I have school but I was gonna work on lv1-19 quests anyway when I come back ill take a look at these

BoredomKillz 10-06-2008 12:42 PM

ok well today i had no school so i went into the wiki and changed the quests that were like

Condition=
Collect 5 tails

and since it wasnt mentioned im assuming that if it was like

Condition=
Collect 5 tails
Collect 5 fangs

it was ok to leave it like that right?

also just outta curiosity what is the difference from having it like

Condition=
Collect 5 tails

opposed to

Condition=Collect 5 tails

Tenelax 10-06-2008 01:36 PM

Yeah random its ok and there is no difference... it just look better on the editing page ;D

Teleclast 10-06-2008 10:28 PM

The difference is less lines when editing the wiki, and keeping a uniform manner.

I know people must be tired of me by now, but I must ask, I see that there are some beginnings of templates set up for items, is there a reference to this? I would like to set up the rest of the item information (granted I can find it, but it shouldn't be hard ingame) however I'm unsure, cause LaTale:Dagger List - MyMMOGames.net Wiki would imply so, whereas Category:LT Weapon - MyMMOGames.net Wiki would imply perhaps not.

Chesters 10-08-2008 02:21 PM

Sorry, I'm not really sure what you mean. Items get their own page, and are organized into categories. Lists are just for summarizing things and such, for user convenience.

Also, another note. When adding new quest pages make sure that the code for the category is
Code:

<noinclude>[[Category:LT Quest|{{PAGENAME}}]]</noinclude>
Otherwise it will not show up correctly organized in the category.

Teleclast 10-08-2008 04:23 PM

I've fixed all of the 'x' multipliers and taken them out.

Now, another thing I must ask (stupid question probably but heh...)

How shall we handle multiple rewards? I have a few ideas, but it would involve making a new template, which would probably just annoy people. I'd say that no quest I've seen so far has more than 3 rewards, and we could make the other 2 optional choices.

Having 'or' for every item can be confusing as hell.

Kudaranai 10-08-2008 04:52 PM

I think OR would do just fine.

Teleclast 10-08-2008 09:51 PM

But the way it works now really fails, I'll give an example.

LaTale:Random. Random? Random - MyMMOGames.net Wiki!

Too many 'or's, too hectic. I do recognize that this is probably the least of our worries however.

Man, I was going to go ahead and update all of those, but I'm going to be helping out with a similar project over at a forum I'm actually active at, so I might not be able to do much if anything @_@;

Kudaranai 10-08-2008 10:42 PM

^ lol @ the broken link because of the "!"

I honestly don't know how to fix that. Seems like it's the only way we can have them for now =[. Or we'd have to change how the current template looks @_@

Teleclast 10-09-2008 09:24 PM

To be honest we only have quests up to 40, now is the ideal time before we finish all the quests, at which point it's a pain in the ass as there will be over 500 quests most likely, instead of the 50~100 we have now.

I'm honestly also unsure as I'm not skilled in template creation and especially optional template creation, so I couldn't say.

Kudaranai 10-09-2008 10:40 PM

We can bug Zeg about it tomorrow, he already went to bed =o

Chesters 10-10-2008 09:13 AM

Please be very careful when adding new pages such as quests. I've noticed MANY duplicates, simply because people are forgetting that the quest has an exclamation mark in the name, and then they go on to create the page without it.

This just creates unneeded work and clutter. So be observant, and very careful to your edits.

Chesters 10-24-2008 10:41 PM

Issues listed here have been fixed. Please refer to http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/lata...tale-wiki.html